[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Unpopular opinion thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4

File: spidermanlarge.jpg (285KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
spidermanlarge.jpg
285KB, 1280x853px
I like the fact that someone else is responsible for his costume. Its a retarded idea that with superpowers comes the ability to know how to sew and hem your own costume
>>
>>88950392
people care that he makes his own costume?
>>
>>88950392
>with superpowers comes the ability to know how to sew and hem your own costume

It's one of the great responsibilities.
>>
I don't think any of the Spider-Man comics are good.
>>
>>88950410
People care that Tony Stark made him a super hero, when Spider-Man is supposed to be entirely independent and generally a solo act with few hero friends initially, making him just another Avengers tie in is offensive to anybody who's an actual Spidey fan and not an Avengers/MCU fan

Also, sewing isn't that fucking hard, especially when his costume is SUPPOSED to just be cloth, not the high tech Starktech shit he's decked out in in the MCU, hell I learned how to fucking sew just from browsing /mlp/ plushie threads and I'm a 10th grade drop out, you're telling me some fucking science genius like Parker couldn't figure out how to sew a set of fucking pajamas?
>>
>>88950392
isn't there already an UnOp thread up?
>>
>>88950461
but he has his own suit? as shown in civil war
>>
>not being able to sew
>>
>>88950557
>Being a man
>knowing how to sew
Nah
>>
File: 1480788641244.png (199KB, 321x306px) Image search: [Google]
1480788641244.png
199KB, 321x306px
>>88950392
>designs his own mechanical web shooters and web fluid with insane tensile strength
>can't believe he would know how to make a costume
>>
>>88950619
>being a human
>not being capable of taking care of yourself and your belongings
>>
>>88950490
He had a shitty low-quality suit with welder goggles and long johns and stuff in Civil War, yeah. Stark gave him the nice suit with the refocusing eyes.
>>
>>88950392
Peter is a genius, he made the fucking web shooters and the web fluid so he can make his own costume and sewing is so easy any retard can do it.

The sugar daddy Stark idea is retarded and reduces Spidey into a teen sidekick.

Also this >>88950461
>>
>>88950982
That's literally why specialized shops exists you dingus
>>
>>88950619
>can't sew
>b-b-but my manliness
I bet you don't cook either and rely on your mommy for it, you must be pretty useless then.
>>
>>88951064
>paying someone else to do something so simple
>>
>>88951064
you're a valid, aren't you? taking the luxuries of society for granted is what causes you to die in an unforeseen disaster
>>
>>88950461
He was already a super hero. That's how Tony found him.
>>88950947
>>88951054
He had a costume. Now he just has a cooler one.
>>
>>88950392
>invents his own webshooters
>fights crime
>full time student
>expecting him to have time to mend his own costume

leave the lil nigga alone desu
>>
File: meanwhile uktaina.jpg (131KB, 749x528px) Image search: [Google]
meanwhile uktaina.jpg
131KB, 749x528px
>>88950392
>I like the fact that someone else is responsible for his costume.

tape-nipples
>>
>>88951344
I want to know how do they proceed in situation like this.
>>
>>88950392
What's wrong with SPIDER WEAVING?
>>
File: Woahthatwasawesome.jpg (437KB, 2880x1223px) Image search: [Google]
Woahthatwasawesome.jpg
437KB, 2880x1223px
>>88950392
>I like the fact that someone else is responsible for his costume.
You're not alone.
>>88950461
>>88951054
>sewing isn't that fucking hard
>sewing is so easy any retard can do it.
Sewing a hemp isn't that hard. But tailoring an entire suit is. It's a skillset that people take a long time to develop. Jackoff kids don't just have it on the fly no matter how academically proficient they are. Peter is poor with exceedingly limited resources. Anything he produces on his own should ALWAYS reflect that. Stark giving him a more professionally tailored suit that resembles his classic suit is 100% acceptable.
>>
>>88952215
>liz allen takes a textile class
>pete takes same class because he wants her to notice him
It's not hard to explain.
>>
>>88950392
Legend of Korra strayed a lot from what made Avatar great, but I still thoroughly enjoyed it nonetheless.
>>
>>88952222
You don't understand how difficult it would be to make a suit like Spiderman's you'd need to be a professional tier sewing machinist to plan it out and make it. Its not like like a duffle bag.
>>
>>88952257
it's called suspense of disbelief.
>>
>>88952274
It is but I can also accept Tony Stark giving Peter something a bit more polished because he is a poor 15 year old and is dressed up like the Scarlet Spider. Point is either version of events that leads to Spidey getting his most iconic suit is fine and you shouldn't get your autism bemt out of shape.
>>
this was supposed to be an unpopular opinions thread
>>
>>88952222
>liz allen takes a textile class

You realize her started being spiderman and fought at Leipzig before he even met Liz, right?
>>
>>88950392
on one hand, there's no reason for Peter to not be capable of making a costume like what he started with in the comics, with the explanation that he stole the materials and any needed equipment from the highschool's drama supplies

on the other hand, it really doesn't infringe on his competence if he does because his costumes is nothing more than a costume. It's not like Iron Man were he couldn't do any of what he does without it and making it himself is a big part of his character
>>
Categorize comics by nationality is idiotic.
>>
>>88952318
I actually agree with OP too.

But here's a completely unrelated unpopular opinion.

I liked all the totem stuff JMS wrote with Spider-Man. Definitely thought it was handled better the first time around where it was still never really confirmed whether it was destiny or coincidence or a little of both, but I still enjoyed the other quite a bit.

I also really enjoyed axis. And not just the Carnage and Hobgoblin parts, but the whole thing. It was a dumb, fun event that took the concept of writing heroes and villains out of character and cranked it up to 11.
>>
>Autists on /co/ think you can pick up a Sewing for Dummies book and be shitting out full body costumes
>Turbotard literally equates sewing a MLP plus to professional looking bodysuits

I shouldn't be surprised at how stupid this board gets but I always am.
>>
>>88952391
>never really confirmed whether it was destiny or coincidence or a little of both
the thing that never clicks with me is when people say the spider choosing him makes him less of an everyman. Like, if it was just chance, then he was just in the right place at the right time and it has nothing to do with any of his virtues. If the spider did choose him, it still didn't seek him out. It was where it was, got fried, and chose the most suitable person in the minute it had left to live. It hardly went halfway across the world looking for him. He was still 'only' the best candidate in a space of live twenty meters. Which just bumps it to 'the right person in the right place at the right time', which still is a far cry from being a chosen one from birth
>>
>>88952318
>>88952391
To be clear, I meant this was supposed to be an unpopular opinionS thread, not just endlessly discussing OP's opinion. I didn't mean to imply his opinion was actually popular or anything, and I didn't realize the ambiguity in what I said until now.

also since i have nothing to contribute to the actual discussion ill just shut up now, sorry to bother everyone
>>
>>88952414
>needing to disparage to refute
argument discarded
>>
>>88952482

You don't argue with retards you swat them on the nose.
>>
>>88950392
>I like the fact that someone else is responsible for his costume. Its a retarded idea that with superpowers comes the ability to know how to sew and hem your own costume

the internet exists and so does cheap shit from shenzen.

reminder, peter is supposed to be a nerd, not a geek. nerds can actually achieve shit they put their minds to.
>>
>>88952215
i don't mind the black lines but fucking hell does the recessed webbing look like shit...

he looks like red and blue man, not SPIDER man.
>>
>>88952414
honestly, all i want regarding the suit is to see an early cloth version that looks like 60s spiderman so we can at least know the design didn't come from tony.

it even makes sense thematically if tony was the one to add the extraneous black lines and easy access web cartridges, since spiderman is a solo hero and we all know he's not keeping that suit forever.
>>
>>88953467
Even Supaidaman and basketball costume isn't as horrible as the MCU's.
>>
>>88950461
>offensive to anybody who's an actual Spidey fan and not an Avengers/MCU fan

Take it easy faggot, its an elseworld, for what he saw of him on Civil War, he looks pretty entertaining.
>>
>>88950459
"Any" is a stretch I think. Obviously that's your opinion. I do agree that most of them are pretty standard to shitty. He's just a really cool fucking character. But I bet some spidey fag feels the same way about muh Batman.
>>
>>88950619
Sewing isn't a engendered activity. It's a useful skill. If you let a woman (or another man, really) hem your pants you're a fucking pleb.

Knitting on the other hand... well that's gay.
>>
>>88953467
>>88953533
Shittiest taste in the thread.
>>
>>88950947
>>88951054

Sewing isn't the same skill as mechanical engineering, anon. Being smart doesn't equal being able to just pick up anything.

>>88950392
I'm not a fan of Pete being a super-genius. Smart, yeah, but it takes away his everyman appeal when he's literally top 10/20 in the world.
>>
>>88950461
It bothers you so much that you actually find it offensive? Like, it triggers you? That's so fuckin stupid.

I swear some a you guys have the most over-inflated egos...
>>
>>88954719
>I'm not a fan of Pete being a super-genius. Smart, yeah, but it takes away his everyman appeal when he's literally top 10/20 in the world.

But he IS a super-genius. That's been true from day one. The only reason he wasn't Reed Richards Jr. is due to circumstances fucking him over at every turn. THAT is what made him an everyman.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.