[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Advertisement | Home]

I loved Sandman and saw that Lucifer got his own series. Does

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: Lucifer16.jpg (22KB, 250x375px) Image search: [Google]
Lucifer16.jpg
22KB, 250x375px
I loved Sandman and saw that Lucifer got his own series. Does it hold up? Will I be disappointed after reading Gaiman?
>>
>>88941596
>Does it hold up?
The original series yes.

The new one that exists purely because of the show, no.
>>
>>88941596
It's my favorite comic series ever made. Absolutely a must-read in my book.

Just avoid the dogshit 2016 ongoing.
>>
>>88941596
I reread this every couple of years. It's fantastic and it doesn't fucking drag on like sandman does in some issues
>>
>>88941596

>>88917770
>>
>>88941609
Yeah the old one is the one I was referring to. Every now and then I see it brought up, but I never see it on any "best comic series" lists like you always do Sandman.
>>
>>88941721
Carey is a master at writing very long and enthralling story arcs. The Hellblazer reprinted are finally getting to his stuff now, and he has a 40 issue story arc (175-215)
>>
Scrap this shit writing, art is barely passable

plot is like it was written by a fedora on adderall
>>
The show is okay not a much watch or in anyway an adaption of the comics. Every week it's some one got murdered. They talk to someone and get a clue as to who may of done it. Talk to second suspect an altercation happens and it turns out the first person they talked to is the killer.
>>
>>88941596
fuck yes it holds up you motherfucker. why the fuck aren't you fucking reading it?

read stuff by mike carey. not the new stuff
>>
>>88942457
>>88943726
Glad to see there's a consensus
>>
File: hedgehogs.png (1MB, 645x994px)
hedgehogs.png
1MB, 645x994px
>>88941596
I stopped reading comics for a while and it was this series that brought me back. It's wonderful.
>>
>>88942457
buh duh BAIT
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.