[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mike Grell returning to GREEN ARROW in 2017

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

File: Longbow Hunters.jpg (83KB, 400x569px) Image search: [Google]
Longbow Hunters.jpg
83KB, 400x569px
>I’m pleased to announce that I will be returning to GREEN ARROW in 2017, just in time to celebrate the 30th anniversary of the release of THE LONGBOW HUNTERS! I will be drawing a dozen variant covers for the series, which is published bi-weekly by DC Comics.

>As anyone who is following this page already knows, GREEN ARROW has always been my favorite comic character and it was the GREEN LANTERN/GREEN ARROW series by Denny O’Neil, Neal Adams and Dick Giordano that inspired me to get into the comic business. After having drawn both characters in backup features, I was fortunate enough to have been in the DC offices when Denny announced he was resurrecting the title. I marched straight into his office and said, “Okay, who do I have to kill?”

>A dozen years later, I returned to Green Arrow with THE LONGBOW HUNTERS, which led to the first series with the character starring in his own title and, ultimately, to the CW series ARROW.

>And now I’m home again.

>Now, if I can just talk DC into letting me write the book… and a hard-cover edition for the 30th anniversary of THE LONGBOW HUNTERS would be nice… and a pony… and a Red Ryder B.B. gun…

>Mike
>>
>I will be drawing a dozen variant covers for the series

You got me excited for a minute there. Still, those outta look good
>>
>>88937372
>>Now, if I can just talk DC into letting me write the book
Oh come on OP. Way to fucking mislead.
>>
>>88937484
It's the title Grell wrote on his site. Blame him.

http://mikegrell.com/news/?p=1089
>>
>>88937372
>pony
Didn't figure he'd be a brony
>>
File: 1426724776710.jpg (100KB, 500x382px) Image search: [Google]
1426724776710.jpg
100KB, 500x382px
Good to hear

>Now, if I can just talk DC into letting me write the book… and a hard-cover edition for the 30th anniversary of THE LONGBOW HUNTERS would be nice… and a pony… and a Red Ryder B.B. gun…
>>
How does his art even look these days? I can't imagine it looks that good given how a lot of his contemporaries' work have deteriorated over the years
>>
File: Lobo-Grell.jpg (470KB, 1224x1632px) Image search: [Google]
Lobo-Grell.jpg
470KB, 1224x1632px
>>88937626
still looking good
>>
>>88937626
The problem with Adams is he needs a good inker with him. His variants for GA have ranged from great to absolute dogshit based on who is inking.
>>
This is cool but could DC finally get around reprinting Warlord? That Showcase presents volume not onky came out ages ago, it also went almost immediately out of print.
>>
File: Blue_Lantern_Corps_Crest.jpg (72KB, 320x480px) Image search: [Google]
Blue_Lantern_Corps_Crest.jpg
72KB, 320x480px
>>88937881
We live in hope.
>>
>>88937511
For his grandaughter probably. Sicko.
>>
>>88937738
You know the biggest problem with artist from then are the transition to digital inking and coloring, right? post recent interior.
>>
>>88938128
>>88937738
Exactly, if they allow him to do a traditionally painted cover it should look fine, the problem is if they have someone else color it for him
>>
Damn, I wanted the demon voiced werewolf man gone.
>>
I was about to make this thread!

DCKOMICS DOES IT AGAIN
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.