[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Champions #4

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
>Oh no! Someone fired at the Champion's ship!!!!
>Who could the dreaded mastermind be???!!!
>It's Atlantians
>They shot them because they invaded their air space
>Champions, the team that wants to solve problems without fighting, solves this problem by fighting it away (shocking, I know).
>the Champions then leave....

What was the point of this issue?

Nothing was accomplished or important. There were no meaningful moments. This issue could have been skipped entirely.

Did Mark Waid not plan this shit out? Is he going senile?
>>
>>88913973
>Did Mark Waid not plan this shit out? Is he going senile?
Yes
>>
>>88913973
#WOKE ME UP
>>
>>88914141
>>88913973
I think Waid just wrote a filler issue before the Gwenpool issue (I wonder if Waid will acknowledge that Miles think she's a psycho).
>>
File: Pirate Mania.png (588KB, 3468x3891px) Image search: [Google]
Pirate Mania.png
588KB, 3468x3891px
>>88913973
>be me
>a desperate maniafag
>think the black hand on the cover means she could be appearing in the issue
>think Marvel may finally be giving her the exposure she needs
>get my hopes up
>read preview
>hopes go down
>still hold a little hope though
>"Maybe Mania's on a raft"
>"Maybe she's stranded on an island and the Champions come upon the island and find her there"
>"Maybe she was brainwashed into becoming a pirate and the Champions have to fight her"
>flip through issue at LCS
>there's no black handed character in the issue at all
>the cover was a total fucking lie
>all that wait
>for nothing

Well I guess the bright side is that Mania didn't have to suffer the indignity of being written by #WOKE Waid. Hopefully she'll appear in Venom though and Costa better not fuck her up in that series.
>>
>>88914524
#CAN'T WOKE UP
>>
>>88913973

>>Champions, the team that wants to solve problems without fighting, solves this problem by fighting it away (shocking, I know).

that's not their deal? they don't wanna fuck over civilians and normal people while superheroing
>>
>>88915831
Oh so someone did draw Mania as a pirate. Neat.
>>
>>88915936
#WOKEMEUPINSIDE
>>
>>88915990
#CANTNOTBEWOKE
>>
Be honest /co/, would my 11 year old internet-savvy nephew enjoy this series? He has read basically no other comics aside from random issues pulled from my longboxes.
>>
>>88916433

it's like not gonna set his world on fire but he probably wouldn't hate it
>>
>>88916433
He'd probably think it's okay. Not much action happens in it,it's not particularly interesting or funny. My frustration with the book is that he has potential to be good but Waid just writes the cast really bland and takes away what makes them interesting like Kamala and Viv
>>
>>88916445
I don't know anything about em but they make for an eye-catching lineup.
>>
>>88915952
The whole series is advertised that regular superheroes are worse than hitler for not doing Damage Control's job (come on Sam Wilson, you lazy fuck. Your ancestors built the railroads, that means you should know how to, right, Kamala). That there is more to superheroing than punching badguys.

And yet all they do is punch. They punched the dirt to get to the minors. They punched the clown sex trafficker. They punched cyclops. They punched Not-Isis. And now the punched Atlantians. And they will probably solve Gwenpool by punching her.

The few times they actually do something (like fix the mine or help sex slaves) it i offscreen. Because apparently showing your heroes do your book's premise I hard and boring to Waid.
>>
>>88916560
Hm, I'll probably just mention it to him and see where he goes beyond that.
>>
>It's Atlantians
>They shot them because they invaded their air space

Remember when Champions was announced and it was going to be about real world issues?
>>
>>88916741
Yep. Just like the Clown that sex traffics women (and paints them like clowns).
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.