[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Coco Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 2017preview2.jpg (365KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
2017preview2.jpg
365KB, 1280x853px
Post yfw movie ends in a sing and dance of La Bamba.
>>
>>88912892
this movie sounds like it's going to be shit. I hope it bombs.
>>
>>88914806
So does Tumblr
http://real-faker.tumblr.com/post/155430293299/i-dont-get-why-you-hate-coco-its-not-even-out
>>
Reminder that disney had every intention of trademarking a holiday, the movie deserves to flop.
>>
>>88914912
well I usually don't care for tumblr but in this case these are very valid points. This is like to "Book of life" what "antz" was to "Bug's life"
>>
>>88914912
>This nignog thinks Book of Life was an original story
Mexican kids loving guitars and shoehorning Day of the Dead in there goes about as hand-in-hand as evil step parents in European tales. Doesn't mean Sleeping Beauty and Snow White are the same because a Queen makes someone beautiful go into a coma only to be awoken by their true love.
>>
>>88915021
Wasn't Antz earlier?
>>
>>88915895
Antz was indeed earlier. The reason is that the director of Antz and head of Dreamworks at the time had worked at Pixar during the early production of A Bug's Life. He got salty over something, I don't remember what, either got fired or quit, but went and made Dreamworks out of spite. Then he rushed to release a film about ants using what he saw of A Bug's Life's early production, just so he could beat Pixar to the punch.
>>
>>88915021
Antz was better though.
>>
>>88914912
Do you usually go to tumblr just to see if they like something we like?
>>
>>88912892
Released the same year as Cars 3: We're Really Sorry Cars 2 Sucked Please Buy More Toys. If they both flop critically or even financially it could mean Incredibles 2 will get fucked over entirely to try and make up for these two.

Great.

Also it's called Coco for reasons Wikipedia doesn't elaborate on, and Mexico is infamous for drug gangs killing people over Cocaine.

Also, a basic plot summary I saw googling was 'In Pixar's Coco, a Guitar Sends a Boy to the Land of the Dead'
>Translation: IT FUCKING KILLS A GUY

>>88915022
Even better, the character "Manuel" is actually "Manolo". What has a Manuel in a similar story to these movies?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grim_Fandango

>"I’ve been working on this thing for 14 years now." Book of Life dude says
>Movie released 2014
>Grim Fandango first released 16 years before 2014.

By the logic Coco is a rip-off of Book of Life, BoL is a ripoff of Grim Fandango .

Why the fuck don't we have a Grim Fandango movie?

>/v/ movies all suck, cartoons or not.
Oh yeah.
>>
>>88916323
it'd be badass if it was stop motion. The models always looked like papercraft to me.
>>
>>88912892
Magic Doritos
>>
>>88914806
I don't understand. It has Día de los Muertos.
Why isn't the entirety of Latin America jumping in joy at being represented?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.