[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which one is better/worse?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 2

Which one is better/worse?
>>
>>88905623
SS technically a much better movie than BvS but I much prefer watching BvS even though it's a shit movie.

SS disappointed me
>>
SS is worse by far
>>
>>88905623
While SS is more of a flop for a stand alone, BvS had higher expectations to be good. Tuff call anon but I wanna go with BvS because I wanted more out of it and feel like this would have been a good time to walk out the theatre and demand my money back but regret not doing it
>>
>>88905623
the editing, cinematography and soundtrack for SS were all technically worse than that in BvS. Which you enjoyed more/less is obviously a matter of personal opinion but BvS was better from a film-making standpoint
>>
BvS is more like a 'how can you possibly fuck this up'
SS is just a generic flop
>>
>>88905623
BvS was far better than SS specialy with the longer version.

SS was a movie for Warner's administration board.
-final cut made by the people who did the trailer
-movie about bad guys but none of them is even an antihero
-shit story
-basically "superhero trope" the movie
>>
>>88905623
Suicide Squad is forgettable. BvS is memorably bad.
>>
>>88906184
I havent seen ss but how the fuck could the editing be worse than bvs
>>
>>88906323
I kept asking myself that even as I left the theater
>>
>>88905623

I prefer BvS because it had some good scenes and although it was bad, at least it pulled out all the fucking stops in doing so.

SS had some good scenes, but failed in every important regard.
>>
>>88905623
Considering that the only major thing wrong with BvS was the "NOT MUH _____", SS is worse.
>>
>>88906323

It's cut to look like a series of trailers that are all strung together. There is a different pop song every time the scene changes and they're all overused Dad Rock songs like "Fortunate Son," etc..
>>
>>88906208

BvS was actually more like "How could you possibly succeed". The concept is flawed.
It hinges on Batman and Superman both being so dumb they can be played against each other.
>>
>>88906320
This
>>
>>88906323
it was edited by the company which made the trailers and it shows, the shots tend to enter a scene, quickly give you all the lines and visuals, then cut away to the next thing. In a trailer that's how you want things to look, for an entire movie not so much
>>
>>88906225
BvS had a shittier story, and was way more forced.

On SS all depends of Waller being an idiot.

ON BvS all character need to be idiots on every key scene.
>>
>>88905623
They're both the worst movies ever made. DShit is the worst company in existance and someone needs to round up all their staff and fans and cut their fucking heads off. These movies and their annual reboots are proof that DShit is trying to kill comics and moviee because theyre jealous that they have never been able to compete with Marvel.

Its Marvels world and DShit just plays in it, but they have played with thr bull and now theyre getting the horns. Before theyre able to destroy too much thry will be bought out by Marvel. I guarantee you DShit won't be around in 10 years. 5 if they dont immediately cancel Wonder Woman and Justice Leage.
>>
SS got Harley completely wrong. The actress was pretty enough but the writing and her behavior in the movie was pretty far off base. Plus edgy kid joker was terrible.

BvS suffered from being too far up its own ass. If they had simply lightened the mood a bit more in the first two acts before seriousing the fuck up for the finale it would have been a lot better. Also Lex Luthor was total garbage.

They are both bad in their own ways, I would say SS is worse simply because it banked on getting the Harley fans into the theater but completely botched the character. MvS was just sub-par for the budget and the actors they had.
>>
>>88906800
Man, you are a really salty Snyderfag.

People should stop associating these movies with DC coimics anyway, they have no say on this shit.

This is Warner and Snyder fault, not DC.
>>
>>88906800
>They're both the worst movies ever made.
They're both Manos: The Hands of Fate?
>>
>>88905623
My biggest problem with BvS is the tone of the entire world, as well as what come off as our of character arcs, decisions, and just plain general demeanor across the board. With all of that said, Suicide Squad is just a godawful, pile of dogshit of a flick.
BvS:UE>>>>>BvS>SS
>>
>>88905623
BvS is the better of the two.
>>
BvS is an unmitigated Battlefield Earth/Batman and Robin-tier disaster.

SS isn't even a movie. It was like watching a rough assembly cut of a film, the cinematic equivalent of selling an alpha of a video game for full price.

So SS is worse by default.
>>
SS is worse but feels like it was mangled into that state. BvS was mediocre from jump
>>
SS had me enjoying it a little where as BvS was so boring I had to pause and take a break half way through so SS is better for me.
>>
>>88905623
SS is underwhelming and boring, BvS is unbelievably bad
>>
>>88905623
BvS

El Diablo was more noble than the Trinity
>>
>>88906823
>SS got Harley completely wrong. The actress was pretty enough but the writing and her behavior in the movie was pretty far off base.

What would you have changed about her?
>>
>>88906368
>Considering that the only major thing wrong with BvS was the "NOT MUH _____"
Well that's just not true at all
>>
Better question, which has worse defenders/fans?
>>
>>88905623
At least ss doesn't pretend it's a high class work of art and take itself too seriously, as much of a blatant cash cow it is.
BvS is not only bad, it's just boring and no fun to watch.
>>
>>88908533

SS fans at least don't pretend their film is the second coming of Citizen Kane.
>>
File: wentwong.jpg (62KB, 722x349px) Image search: [Google]
wentwong.jpg
62KB, 722x349px
>>88906323
I used to say that until I watched it. You really have no idea how messy the editing is.

And the extended version somehow makes it worse.
>>
>>88906323
This guy explains it pretty well
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDclQowcE9I
>>
SS was much, much worse.

I was honestly doubting people that said it was worse than BvS, but after seeing it I understood. Worst fucking movie I've seen since Trank's Fantfourstic. At least I didn't pay money to watch that abomination in theaters, with SS I also wasted 10 dollars.
>>
>>88906368
that wasn't the only thing
>>
>>88906868
>Manos
>not an absolute masterpiece
Next you're going to say The Room isn't the greatest black comedy ever created
>>
I'd rather watch Suicide Squad.
>>
>>88909080
Pfft, The Room is no Troll 2, pal.

Next you'll say Plan 9 isn't the best sci-fi movie.
>>
Well its a toss up between 3 hours of boring pretentious shit vs a company checklist edited to hell and back. But if I had to pick, Suicide Squad is the worse of the 2 in terms of how it was made
>>
>>88906371
>Fortunate Son as the theme for Killer Croc

Still scratching my head over that one.
>>
>>88909235
You would think Marilyn Manson's "Beautiful People" would have been more appropriate for Croc.
>>
Suicide Squad was the same level as Ant-Man and Iron Man 2 and Incredible Hulk and Doctor Strange: some really good creators and performances marred by Hollywood bullshit watering it down.

BvS isn't as bad as people say either but is a mess because of the need to tie-in all this Justice League setup crap. It at least made an attempt to be something different but failed.
>>
>>88909235
Creedence Clearwater Revival == Cajun music
>>
>>88909474
doctor strange wasnt watered down though, there wasnt much to water down
>>
>>88909474
>SS
>Same level as Dr Strange and Incredible Hulk
You're high. And Iron Man 2, despite its shortcomings and easily being the one of the worst of the MCU, is better made than fucking SS
>>
>>88909474
>Suicide Squad was the same level as Ant-Man and Iron Man 2 and Incredible Hulk and Doctor Strange
Not even close. While all of them have generic as fuck plotlines and aren't anything remarkable, none of them were as badly edited as Suicide Squad. Suicide Squad is barely a movie because they hired a fucking trailer house to do the editing. It's a mess from start to finish on top of being generic as fuck.
>>
Anyone who says they liked BvS or SS should be permentantly banned from /co/. They are either a /tv/ shitposter or have unbelievable bad taste.

How the fuck do people find anything redeemable in those movies?
>>
>>88910402
>everybody has a different point of view

woah
>>
The worst I can say about SS is that it was a waste of two hours I could have spent doing something better.

BvS I actively hated by the time I left the theater. In my mind it is unquestionably worse.
>>
>>88910833
It's a fact that those movies are trash. Look at all the critics reviews, look at the audience reception, look at the money they made. They all point to those movies being bad.

Anyone who seriously liked comics should hate the character depictions. Batman was a murdering psychopath, Superman was a moping depressive, Lex was some bumbling fool, Joker was just some guy and Quinn was a slut.

They got everything wrong and nothing right. Anyone who defends these movies should be rightly ridiculed.
>>
>>88911065
>Batman was a murdering psychopath
He went over the edge. His character arc was about him finding hope and being pulled back from what he became

>Superman was a moping depressive
His hope and faith in humanity was being questioned. His character arc was about him learning what it means to be Superman

>Lex was some bumbling fool
He was a genius struggling to comprehend the powers of Superman while needing to prove that he could beat Superman and that Superman was not infallible.

>Joker was just some guy
He was the top of the criminal food chain in Gotham who couldn't stand people playing with his toys. He wasn't always smiling, but when he did smile it meant things were about to get worse for everyone in the room.

>Quinn was a slut
At what point was she having sex with people other than Joker? She was friends with Deadshot, and that was it.
>>
>>88905623
SS had problems. There was nothing good in BvS.
>>
>>88911197
Wow this is pathetic

How much are you getting paid for this?
>>
>>88911225
>I disagree so you must be a shill

It's fine if you don't like the portrayal of a character, but it looks like your comprehension of the characters was off.
>>
>>88911065
>Quinn was a slut

this is accurate tho
>>
>>88911290
No YOUR character comprehension is off. Everyone else agrees the character are bad in the movies. Only people like you and blind fanboys say it's good.
>>
>>88908568
Wouldn't that just be because it's so bad it pleases no one? Kino-fags hate it because it incompetently tries to ape GoTG to appeal to those people.
>>
>>88911065
>Look at all the critics reviews, look at the audience reception, look at the money they made

What a pleb. You all but said that you only like bandwagon shit.
>>
>>88905623
Suicide Squad but that's. of saying much
>>
BvS was pretty damn bad, but how the fuck are some of you saying it was worse than SS? In what way was SS better?

Objectively speaking, BvS had better cinematography, action, soundtrack and slightly better editing.
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.