[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, can anybody tell me why anybody cares about what this fat

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 7

File: kevin-smith-speaks.jpg (108KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
kevin-smith-speaks.jpg
108KB, 600x900px
So, can anybody tell me why anybody cares about what this fat Juggalo looking motherfucker has to say about anything? Why is he respected in the comic book world?
>>
>>88905366
Because he was literally /ourguy/ in the 90s and early 00s. A geek who made into Hollywood, and then came and wrote some cool comics.
>>
>>88905394
First post best post.
>>
>>88905394
Well that and nerd culture has evolved to be "trendie" so fake geek girls flock to people like that because they are "nerdy"
>>
File: batman-wets-pants-550x124.jpg (27KB, 550x124px) Image search: [Google]
batman-wets-pants-550x124.jpg
27KB, 550x124px
>>88905366
>>
>>88905582
I always wondered about this phenomenon.

Why like things if they are trendy instead of trying them out for yourself and liking it out of your own volition? I didn't like Dragon Ball when I was a kid - we didn't have the anime then, instead I was reading Dai no Daibouken, Jojo and Yu Yu Hakusho. I was alienated and laughed at for not reading Dragon Ball, but I liked what I liked. Dragon Ball didn't appeal to me until I watched the dub and found it impressive.
>>
>>88905721
>Why like things if they are trendy instead of trying them out for yourself and liking it out of your own volition?

Because it's trendy. The idea of adhering to trends is that you can gain popularity or acceptance by "fitting in" to a certain mold

In the case of fake geekiness, it's currently been kind of hip especially since the MCU blew up to be considered a "comic geek" so people are scrambling to fit into that mold, they think being a geek will make them unique special snowflakes when they're quite the opposite no matter what new trends they latch onto
>>
>>88905878
Special snowflake syndrome is why bad fandoms exist.

that being said fandoms are bad in general.
>>
>>88905394
>wrote some cool comics

But Kevin Smith's comics are fucking laughable
>>
>>88906072
His Green hornet is okay
>>
>>88905996
>that being said fandoms are bad in general.

Isn't a fandom just any group of people who are fans of something? So fans of anything are inherently bad to you?
>>
I will never forgive for Yoga Hosers
>>
>>88905721
Ppl follow trends so they can say they have something in common with each other. Hating on stuff to feel part of a group and pretending to like stuff for same reason are the same.
>>
>>88906091
He's not angry about fandom. He's angry Tumblr took the idea and twisted it to fit thier SJW needs.
>>
>>88905878
Fitting in is great until you no longer fit in and are all alone.
>>
SALAD DODGING
>>
>>88906072
His ga abd daredevil were good
>>
>>88906104

I couldn't even finish it.

What was he thinking?
>>
>>88905366
Fatman on Batman used to be such a great podcast with indepth conversations with comic creators. Now it's nothing but braindead dime-a-dozen youtube pop culture commentary. Sad.
>>
>>88906218
>indepth conversations
>is continuously baked and talking over his guests
>breaks into tears continuously
No
>>
>>88905721
damn nigga you must be old
>>
>>88906218
the stuff with denny o'neil and neal adams was great
>>
>>88905721
jojo reference?
>>
>>88906238
The stoned shit was kind of annoying in some of them, but overall I never really got the impression he talked over his guests that much.
>>
>>88906091
Not really, being a fan of something is fine and dandy, hell it's a good thing to have friends that are into the same stuff as you.

Fandoms start with good intentions, sure but once the autist attention whores catch a whiff of it they come running to it because mommy and daddy didn't love them enough, and butcher what made the show/anime/whatever enjoyable in the first place
>>
Why does he always wear those over sized sports shirts?
>>
>>88905366
what did he say to make you feel butthurt, OP?
>>
>>88906269
Because that's his 'schtick he does to try and stand out like a special unique snowflake that he is.
>>
>>88906269
Because he's a fat bastard so he just decided to embrace it.
>>
>>88906104
Never forgive for Evil That Men Do. I'm half convinced he did it out of spite because people kept demanding that he finish it.
>>
>>88906269
it's his schtick. along with the jorts, and the stupid look he makes in every picture
>>
>>88905366
He made some shitty overrated movies in the 90's that had a couple of comic book references in them, and that was enough for Gen X nerds to make him into their god.

Never mind that the only decent thing he's ever made was the Clerks cartoon.
>>
>>88905366
Used to be a fan of his. He is now literally a clown.
>>
>>88906328
BEAR IS DRIVING HOW COULD THIS BE.
>>
>>88906313
So is his new shtick trying to make his daughter into a thing even though she looks like a female him?
>>
>>88906378
it's like one of those child beauty pageants where the mom's have to live though their kids because they are way past their prime.
>>
>>88906199
>Smith's Daredevil
>good
Don't make me laugh.
>>
>>88906328
>Never mind that the only decent thing he's ever made was the Clerks cartoon
You know, I actually watched the first Clerks movie recently, and it struck me how fucking abhorrently bad the dialogue is in the movie. I mean, it was a student film so I'm not particularly surprised, but the way people talk about it even today you'd think it was the pinnacle of independent movie production or something.

They just sound so stilted and forced, you know? Especially Randall, nothing he says sounds in the least bit natural.
>>
>>88906199

His Daredevil run was literally a shitty rip off of a much better Frank Miller story with some of Smith's Catholicism mumbo-jumbo-angels-are-real-magic thrown in to make it even worse.

Though his decision on what villain to use was very good, surprising and fit in nicely.
>>
>>88906269

Because he's a dumb fat fuck and dumb fat fucks think that if they wear even bigger clothes they'll somehow look less fat.

This is wrong btw. Big guys should wear clothes that fit them. That will project confidence and not make them look any bigger than they actually are.
>>
>>88907001
It was dumb though.
>I'm dying so I'm going to make this literal who my arch nemesis because I have nothing else going for me
Additionally, they never told the spider-office they were going to kill him.
>>
>>88905366
Sold his entire comic collection to fund his indie movie where nerds talk about comic shit and not only was it not complete shit, it won awards. He made the money back and rebought his collection.

Then in his follow up despite being a literal who he got stan lee and jason lee into a movie about fucking around in a mall all day.

And he did all this before you even knew how to read.

He might be a complete joke now, but the dude has been around for ages and had a foot in the door way back when. He used the money from his films to buy a fucking comic store, now he's basically retired and spends all day getting blazed and making podcasts. The dude is what /co/ would be if it had the fame and fortune.
>>
>>88905366
Other than this >>88905394
He is respected in the comic book world because he respects comics. He's talked about how they can be art as easily as film or literature and he can see them through that lens and has said other people should try to see that too. He is a bit of a chode at times, like he was always a try-hard on Comic Book Men but e genuinely feels the medium has something to offer in a significant way. Even his contributions vary widely in quality.
>>
>>88906522
When it came out people said the movie's writing was revolutionary because the characters had long conversations about pop culture, just like real people!

But now that tons of movies and shows do that, you notice that the dialog in Clerks is just Family Guy-tier REFERENCES REFERENCES REFERENCES and when you look past that, it's incredibly forced and unnatural, even for an amateur film.
>>
>>88907592
All you need to know about how fake the conversations in Clerks are is the bit where Dante and Randle are arguing about whether the Rebels murdered any innocent contractors when they blew up the second Death Star.

Out of nowhere, a guy walks into the store, who just happens to be a contractor, and who just happens to have a perfect anecdote for resolving this exact argument. And of course it's portrayed as a win for Randal (Smith's self-insert.)
>>
>>88907683
Sounds like a riff off the Marshall McLuahn scene in Annie Hall, except without Woody Allen breaking the fourth wall to point out that he wished life really worked that way.
>>
>>88906091
Since when is fanatism good?
>>
>>88905366
Huge comic fan since forevere, sold his collection to make his first movie Clerks, the movie did better than expected and he bought his comics collection back
>>
>>88905366
Juggalo looking?
>>
>>88906269
Branding, like a good batfag.
>>
>>88906269
They match great with his jorts
>>
>>88907683
Randall isn't smith's self insert Dante was.

Randall was based off Bryan Johnson in comic book men and Dante was based on himself
>>
>>88909251
Smith flat-out said that Randall was a role he intended for himself, which is why he gets all the best comedic lines. Though as for a self-insert there's a lot of that in both characters as Smith has said.
>>
>>88909293
have you not seen any of his shows, interviews, or read any of his books? he's said over a dozen times Dante is based off of him. he's Dante and Bryan is Randall
>>
File: Screenshot_20170105-124002.jpg (515KB, 1398x1037px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170105-124002.jpg
515KB, 1398x1037px
>>88909293
he says it on the clerks DVD that Dante is him and randall was his friend Bryan
>>
>>88909293
>Smith flat-out said that Randall was a role he intended for himself
TO ACT AS. He realized it would be difficult to do that way so he took a minor part instead.
>>
>>88906238
>and talking over his guests
>>88906261
>but overall I never really got the impression he talked over his guests that much.
When he did, IIRC, it was mainly in praise of them.
The guy literally cannot stop fellating his guest of the week.
>>
>>88906328
>>88906522
>>88907592
Yeah, that shit has not aged well.
Not necessarily its fault, as one of you mentioned.
It's just been so done to death in the past decade that it cannot be stomached anymore.
>>
File: supermanlives2.0.0.jpg (86KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
supermanlives2.0.0.jpg
86KB, 1600x900px
Remember, he was brought in to work on this abomination that never saw the light of day. He even wrote the script, or at least the first one.

But you know what? Considering the shit we did get (Returns, MOS and BvS), I kinda want to see what this would've turned out like.

The concept art, what few glimpses remain of it, are intriguing.
And watching Nicholas Cage play superman would be entertaining as fuck.
Not good, just entertaining.
>>
File: nicolas-cage-superman-lives.jpg (62KB, 600x374px) Image search: [Google]
nicolas-cage-superman-lives.jpg
62KB, 600x374px
>>88910466
Shit would've been weird.
>>
>>88910466
There's a documentary about the movie, and it seemed legit interesting.
And yeah that ain't a good pic of nick cage but there are later versions that they were gonna go with that looked great.
>>
>>88910607
>And yeah that ain't a good pic of nick cage but there are later versions that they were gonna go with that looked great.

Yeah I posted the weirdest fucking one I could find.
But some of mockups for the armor look really interesting.

There's something about this clear one (that lights up) that just screams late 80s early 90s aesthetic, with that holographic rainbow translucent effect. Cheesy but love it.

The film definitely looked so out there, so beyond the bland shit we did get that perhaps the film would only have worked now purely by virtue of being so odd.
>>
>>88907427
Pretty much this.

He's put in his time and work being one of the few voices that believed the cinematic universes could be what they are today back when it was still a joke. He's allowed to just do what he wants and enjoy selling out every talk he gives. Not to mention he got opportunities for the CW DC shows by being an open nice person, turns out if you shit post all day and poo poo everything it tends to you now moving forward.
>>
>>88905366
Because unlike you, he's successful
>>
ITT: fags just mad he wrote joker as a homosexual with an outrageous pube beard.
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.