[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rod, Todd, and Maude all rhyme

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: pepefrog.jpg (6KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
pepefrog.jpg
6KB, 225x225px
Rod, Todd, and Maude all rhyme
>>
Wow! I never noticed that!
>>
File: 1463661204245.jpg (8KB, 237x212px) Image search: [Google]
1463661204245.jpg
8KB, 237x212px
No grass is grown under your feet, Mr. Frog!
>>
>>88890705
They also rhyme with God
>>
>Rodd and Todd
>rhyme with Maude
Huh. American accents are strange things.
>>
>>88890705
>>88890768
With my accent they don't.

Well Rod/Todd/God, but not Maude.
>>
>>88890789
Literally nobody cares about you or your accent
>>
>>88890789
It's the accent they use in the show that matters.
>>
>>88890813
I wasn't trying to make it about me, but if I just said "they don't rhyme" some cunt would say "uh yeah they do" like there's a universal answer.

Was just pointing out that it varies.
>>
File: melhouse.jpg (7KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
melhouse.jpg
7KB, 250x250px
>>88890705
Mod, Rod, and Todd all rhyme
>>
>>88890839
In the show I don't think they pronounce it "Mod" though either, or at least not every character does. I don't think even Flanders says it like "Mod."

I'm sure the names are deliberate and that they rhyme according to someone; it just doesn't seem like they typically do even in the show.
>>
>>88890705
If only Ned's first name was Nod

Stupid Flanders
>>
File: pepe.png (480KB, 717x617px) Image search: [Google]
pepe.png
480KB, 717x617px
>>88890705
The worlds first vibrator was a small container filled with bees.
>>
>>88890857
>>88890903
They could have been Red, Ted, and Dead
>>
>>88890705
>Rod, Todd, and Maude all die

FIFY
>>
>>88890843
There is a universal answer. You're just a dumbass pronouncing it wrong.
>>
>>88891450
Not really.

I'd say it like "Mawd," the characters in the show seem to say it that way too, but with some accents it'd sound more like "Mod," which is the subject of this thread, and that'd also be correct.
>>
>>88891495
>Mawd
>Mod
Those are pronounced the same, you dumbfuck.
>>
>>88891609
For me it's different. "Aw" vs. "ah."

That's what I was trying to get at; that with accents it varies and doesn't always rhyme the way Rod and Todd do.
>>
>>88890900
They do. That's how it's pronounced in General American English, which the show uses.
>>
>>88891851
I hear it in the show as "Mawd," not "Mod," but that's hard to represent in text.

I'm also American and I don't think the show pronounces it differently than how I say it, but going by the responses in this thread apparently everyone hears it as "Mod."
>>
>>88891725
>"Aw" vs. "ah"
Are you some retarded foreigner? Those are pronounced the same.
>>
>>88891951
They're not, but the thing is, they sound so similar that it's a non-issue in a discussion about rhyming. You might as well argue about Huey, Dewey, and Louie.
>>
>>88891999
>They're not
What's the difference then?
>>
>>88892033
Well, the "w" in "aw" brings your cheeks closer together, while "ah" is more relaxed. I'm no linguist, so I don't remember the exact words for these, and it does vary from place to place because the US has quite a few accents. But going by General American, it's right.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.