[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /co/ think of the whole three Jokers thing?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 2

File: file.png (497KB, 520x369px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
497KB, 520x369px
What does /co/ think of the whole three Jokers thing?
>>
>>88881345
It's gay
>>
>>88881345
It's fine

Only faggoty drones hate it because they're Bendis loving retards who can't follow a story without cliffnotes
>>
>>88881345
It's stupid and I wonder if DC decided to drop it because we haven't hear anything about for a while.
>>
It's triggering as fuck that they used the Snyder Joker as if it's on the same level as the Bill Finger or Alan Moore Jokers and not mediocre pablum trash.

Should have been the O'Neil, Englehart. DCAU, Ledger or Morrison Joker.
>>
>>88881345
It's the worst thing ever. The only explanation needed is "The Joker is fucking nuts, so he acts differently sometimes".
>>
I don't even like one Joker.
>>
>>88881345
Dumb now, but when/if they ever explain this it might be cool. Probably not though
>>
>>88881405
I don't know - it feels like a "logical" explanation, but the explanation seems to ruin the mystique behind The Joker as a franchise. If they were going to do this sort of thing, it would have been better to have done it when you're ending the franchise instead of making it just another twist.

Then again, my ending for The Joker would be him dying from a mugging gone wrong and no one hearing from him ever again. No epic death, no dying speech, just a few panels of him not getting the ending he wants and falling at the hands of a random guy he thought it would be "funny" to mug. So maybe I'm just a shithead.
>>
>>88881345
Here's how it SHOULD be, but DC isn't smart enough to make it work.

1 Harmless and funny (robbing banks with whoopie cushions and no one being killed)
2 Tells jokes, but instills fear in people (joker gas, dark yest still funny jokes, willing to kill but doesn't always)
3 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLHd4BQIiGw (New 52 Joker)
>>
>>88881345

It's the kind of stupid idea that is born form another stupid an undeveloped idea.

Batman gets to sit on the Mobius chair which now answers all questions, as if Metron never had to investigate shit ever, and Batman decides to ask it who Joker is.

Now, this means Batman will finally find out, it means one of the most popular comic characters might get something more than an inkling of background. It's a big deal, bigger than when they gave Logan a set origin, and it was fucked up even more.

It removes the mystique from the Joker, his uniqueness and paints Batman as the sort of idiot that can't tell different people apart if they paint their face white.

It's a corner they painted themselves into by having Batman gain access to all knowledge for a short while. It's just more turds left over from Johns' JL.
>>
>>88881522

Joker dying with a whimper rather than a bang is suitable justice, since death alone wouldn't be that undesirable to him, but obscurity would.
>>
>>88881477
Best post.
>>
Can anything defeat the Triple Joker?
>>
I miss when Joker was funny in a twisted way, not just a psycho with a clown costume.
>>
File: 56478.gif (1MB, 300x167px) Image search: [Google]
56478.gif
1MB, 300x167px
>>88881522
>>88881632

>Joker dying

Kek see you next tmonth
>>
>>88881345
Honestly just don't give a fuck.

I think it's kinda dumb though, and this is coming from a pretty big joker/batman fan.
>>
>>88881345
Not enough variety. Jokers #1 and 2 seem pretty interchangable, which just underscores how out of character Snyder's is.

Morrison already explained this really well with the idea that Joker occasionally reboots his own mind and emerges with a new personality.
>>
>>88881407
>I wonder if DC decided to drop it because we haven't hear anything about for a while.

They have done that with a lot of things lately
>>
It's pointless, Morrison already had the best explanation with the Joker constantly reinventing himself. That's his shtick.

>>88881438
They're not saying he's "on the same level", it's about how everyone has been complaining about Snyder Joker being a slasher film villain.

Which is also kind of stupid since Snyder's Joker is actually the closest to the original trilogy of Golden Age Joker stories where he was more like a crazy serial killer.
>>
>>88881725

No one is saying its happening, you trigger happy autistic.
>>
It's stupid but has potential for some interesting stories in the hands of a good writer. Which, of course, means they'll completely squander it on mediocre trash.
>>
>>88882077
Golden Age Joker wasn't crazy. He went to regular prison.
>>
gonna wait to read it instead of making autistically commenting on something that's not even out
>>
>>88881345
Childhood is when you idolize Batman. Adulthood is when you realize three Jokers makes no sense.
>>
>>88881345
Its what you get when someone that hates batman gets involved in the creation of stories, Johns also convinced Snyder that Duke was a good idea, gave us new52 cold and deathstroke in the batman movie
>>
Dumbest thing I've ever heard.
>>
>>88882455
I don't know if Johns is wholly to blame. He's proven that he can write a cracking Batman story in Batman - Earth One.
>>
>>88882508

Yeah, so long as canon or consistent characterization aren't needed.

Johns likes his take on things to be gospel.
>>
>>88882580
I don't know if that's a weakness or a strength. On one hand, you got the guy behind Gargoyles - on the other you got Atlas Shrugged.
>>
>>88882641

Weakness.

The storytelling exercise requires you to pick up where others left off. It's vastly more simple to come up with an excuse why that isn't valid so you can do whatever than it is to continue the tale without making changes so that you don't have to continue anything.

If you can't do that you're not as good. The point seems to be not to write the best, just good enough to get power and then make the job easier on yourself.
>>
Bruce asked the chair what Joker's real name was, right?

Are we even sure it didn't just mean he has three names, not that there are three Jokers?
>>
>>88883107
You can look at picture OP uploaded and tell those Jokers are different.
>>
>>88883270
They could easily be three photos of the same guy in different outfits.
>>
It is a logical, but stupid continuation of Big Two's habit of making their characters less unique. DC even managed to further de-unique Green Lantern, already de-uniqued by the Corps, by making the different color Corps a thing, so why not make one character be literally three?
>>
>>88883407
Johns is a hack
>>
>>88881522
>but the explanation seems to ruin the mystique behind The Joker as a franchise

This is kind of a reason WHY i am okay with this. I'm sick and tired of "The Joker must ALWAYS have an unknown past!" deal because apparently that makes him less iconic while other well known Batman villains can have history just fine and nobody bats an eye.

Heck, i was fine with the supernatural idea they tried to pull before. Just give a backstory and stick with it; Backpeddaling afterwards is way shittier than anything.
>>
I think what annoys me most is that they put a number on it. If they just left it as "there's more than one Joker," that'd have been better.
>>
>>88884171
Ironically, I feel the three Jokers even adds MORE mystique. It means The Joker is not a person, but a CONCEPT.

The fact three unrelated people gave themselves to madness, following an ideal of anarchy and chaos and displaying it in their own unique ways while still sticking to familiar themes, sounds exactly like the mystique Joker needs.
>>
>>88881345
It's stupid. I get the thinking behind it, but it kills part of the fluidity and mystery of the Joker. Granted, Joker's been shot for over a decade now, but this isn't the answer.
>>
>>88881382
for batman
>>
>>88884256
It gives too much explanation to why the Joker alters so much. If anything, that takes away a lot of mystery.
>>
>>88881438
>Ledger
>DCAU
That's retarded though. Why the fuck would a TV or Movie adaptation of the Joker show up in comics?
>>
>>88883320
The Jokers faces are different and the fact that in the comic we were shown three photos of the Joker who look different means that it is actually three jokers.
>>
>original
>modern
>current
So, 3 killers? Pretty boring. I wanted the silver age, the modern and the cartoon one.
>>
>>88882077
>Morrison already had the best explanation with the Joker constantly reinventing himself.

This, I dont think it needed to be explained but if you want an explanation then thats the best one there is. The 3 jokers things seems like pure useless drivel unless they take it somewhere fun like 3 jokers each from different dimensions or something and batman has to go on some strange adventure to fix this mess because whatever other explanation they have for this is gonna suck.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.