[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is any Batman released in the last couple of years worth reading?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: maxresdefault_pzfcoB9.jpg (426KB, 3000x2226px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault_pzfcoB9.jpg
426KB, 3000x2226px
Is any Batman released in the last couple of years worth reading?
>>
>>88880099
Court of owls is pretty good

Rest of it is sadly a no from me.
>>
>>88880272
I read Court of Owls and enjoyed it quite a bit. I stopped reading somewhere around the bit where Joker had super healing powers and was hinted at being immortal.
>>
>>88880099
Batman Europa is in my top ten batman stories
>>
Batman and robin by Tomasi and Gleason,Court of owls,Morrisons batman and robin if you haven't read it and black mirror
>>
>>88880099
A more general question:
What makes a Batman story be good?

And I don't mean to ask if there's - the - one secret formula. I know different stories have different themes and different ways to be told, I want to know what you personally like to see and what stories are good examples of that if any.

>But why anon?
Because I like writing and I feel like this would be a valuable learning experience.
>>
>>88880099
uncensoredDeath of the Family was bretty gud.
>>
I just finished Snyder's run and I'll give a quick review of it.

Court of owls stuff-cool concept, cool start , cool villains, amazing art. Middle dragged on and the finale was pretty lame.

Death of the Family-started off decent and I liked the nods to older joker stories especially his first one. The art is amazing. Rest of the story was okay but nothing really came out of it.

zero year- first half was alright but I liked the second half with the tiddler a lot more. I really liked the short stories of Bruce before he returned to gotham. Art was probably the best out of the whole run. story wasby groundbreaking but enjoyable.

Endgame- I honestly don't know how to feel about this one. I liked the stuff about everyone discussing the jokers possible origins and I like the concept but the execution wasn't that great. art was of course great.

superheavy- really liked him as batman but the Bruce stuff was kind of boring and batman's cloning plan was dumb. Bloom was a decent villain as well. Art is great.

Epilogue-decent idea, amazing art, ending was just meh.

Overall- when Snyder is writing new villains he has some great ideas he just has trouble executing them. I like how he writes batman's and alfred's converations and i think he writes decent character interaction overall. Capullo's art is seriously some of the best batman art and he makes Snyder batman go from forget able to decent.
I feel Snyder tried hard to shove the joker in as much as possible and I don't think he writes the joker well. He threw joker in to basically every arc but court of owls and it just gets annoying.

Black mirror though is amazing and I was hoping Snyders run would be more like that but it didn't turn out that way.

Morrisons run though is pretty solid and I'd consider it in my top 5 favorite comic runs of the past 10 years
>>
>>88880272
Couldn;t read past like issue 2. Fuck Snyder.
>>
>>88880683
what was censored?
>>
>>88880599
I particularly like the stories where the odds are completely stacked against him but he overcomes it with a mixture of iron will and genius. Ones that have a psychological aspect.

Court of Owls, Venom, Hush, the Cult.
>>
>>88881216
Stuff was changed in the trade.

http://imgur.com/a/2NLIJ
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.