[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Looking to run a capeshit tabletop rpg with my gaming group

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: EVEN MORE OVERPOWERED NOW.jpg (71KB, 620x320px) Image search: [Google]
EVEN MORE OVERPOWERED NOW.jpg
71KB, 620x320px
>Looking to run a capeshit tabletop rpg with my gaming group

Are there any capeshit rpgs out there?
>>
I'd ask on /tg/ if I were you

but yes there are loads
>>
Question might fit better on /tg/ but yeah there are a ton:
>Mutants & Masterminds
>Masks
>Wild Talents
>Marvel Heroic Roleplaying
>Marvel FASERIP
>DC Heroes
>>
>>88865023
I'd go with mutants and masterminds or Wild Talents or maybe a Fate based game. It really depends on your group
>>
>>88865105
don't forget
>Godlike
>Masks: The New Generation
>Silver Age Sentinels
>Superhuman
>City of Mists
>>
>>88865023
A - Ask /tg/, numbnuts
B - Mutants and Masterminds
>>
>>88865023
Mutants and Masterminds 2nd edition is incredibly good, as previously mentioned.

Here is a link to some excellent comic / anime related characters with good thought behind their stats.

http://atomicthinktank.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=14764&hilit=Nuku+Nuku

Now head to /tg/ for more info.
>>
>>88865105
DC Heroes sounds cool. Too bad I don't have anyone to play with.
>>
>Champions (how mighty are the fallen -- it was the biggest supers game for a long time)
>Necessary Evil (the heroes are dead and the villains have to take on the alien invaders)
>>
/tg/ here
yes but they're all shit
try uh
Mutants and Masterminds

but really, if you're just after the aesthetic then you're a shallow piece of shit, most mainstream tabletops will let you get the feeling if you manage to present it competently
>>
File: Gadget-Guides-Cover.jpg (3MB, 4805x6359px) Image search: [Google]
Gadget-Guides-Cover.jpg
3MB, 4805x6359px
>>88865023

What are you looking for exactly?

>Mutants and Masterminds
It's my favorite system but it's not for everyone. In terms of creativity it's the best. It's the easiest system to create any kind of power, hero, or villian in. 3rd edition has less support than 2nd edition but overall it's a better system. The problem is that the GM really needs to police builds because the system is so open game breaking stuff can be built very easily. My advice start at PL 8.

>Wild Talents
Very attuned to dark/ edgy heroes and worlds. best setting is Progenitor.

>Marvel FASERIP
Very old school, generate a hero kind of deal. i find that grognards like this system best.

GENERAL ADVICE

More than in any other rpg genre PITCH MATTERS."super heros" can include anything from cheesy silverage to 90's craziness. Be specific about the world and what the setup for what the campaign is. It'll help your group focus and will get them into the game.
>>
>>88870424
don't forget that classic Swords and Sorcery is a type of superheroics
>>
>>88870494

sure, there was a source book for that in second edition Mutants and Masterminds.
>>
If you want to focus on the crunch and modeling all of the powers exactly and don't care too much about game balance, Mutants and Masterminds. Third edition is best.

If you want to focus on the storytelling and the adventure with mechanics that work to enhance the narrative, Venture City Stories.

If you want to focus on team relationships and drama and character arcs rather than plot arcs, Masks.
>>
File: 1464806533.jpg (211KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1464806533.jpg
211KB, 768x1024px
>>88870424

If you're looking to run a "heros" style semi-realistic game paragons is a good source book.
>>
>>88865023
Rob Liefeld's BloodP.O.U.C.H. is my personal favorite. I run a modified version of it with my group and they love it.
>>
>>88870548
My personal favorite is called Fifth Edition
Warlocks are so much fun. Having a pure tomboy fairy companion/waifu and dressing her up in little suits and sending her on literally the entire plot of the first metal gear solid game except with rats and instead of the metal gear it's like a pirate captain and she fights his pirate parrot on his hat for the fate of the world I mean for the keys to the cell and the whole party gets to make codec calls
>>
File: symbiote_cyoa_1.png (4MB, 1200x6500px) Image search: [Google]
symbiote_cyoa_1.png
4MB, 1200x6500px
You may want to ask /tg/ if you're looking for something tiger than Mutants and Masterminds
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.