[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Titan A.E.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_1376.jpg (188KB, 900x1123px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1376.jpg
188KB, 900x1123px
Did anyone on /co/ enjoy this movie? Was it underrated or just mediocre?
>>
It was just kind of bland and came out when bland, samey sci-f was overstaying its welcome.
>>
Wasn't good I still loved it, one of the first scifi things i ever saw
>>
>>88856360
Actually did like it, but it was lacking.
>>
File: 1382861710217d9d8d6cb41c1ebbe719.jpg (276KB, 1007x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1382861710217d9d8d6cb41c1ebbe719.jpg
276KB, 1007x1280px
>>88856360
It had potential but honestly you can say that about a lot of movies.
>>
I liked it. There were some issues with it that irritated me, even though I understood the problems that affected the movie's production, but it looked great, and I think it still holds up. The details in the characters and background add a lot of meat to the story, and I think that makes up for the stuff that got glossed over (I know "show, don't tell" is what the staff went for, but stuff like the meeting with the Gaoul really seems like it could use a gesture or two to point out why they do what they do).

I think it was fairly rated, but >>88856411 has it right - it came out alongside a glut of grungy sci-fi set in spaceships with dim corridors and grate walkways. The biggest thing it had going for it is that it had Bluth and Goldman behind it - and while that was enough to keep it interesting, it wasn't enough to make it great.
>>
Saw it when it came out, back in the day

The 3d background integration was jarring as fuck. The plot was good, blowing up the earf, subverting tropes but in the end... I dunno, it didn't catch on.

It came out in that period when 2d was dying but 3d hadn't yet stepped up to replace it. Sci fi wasn't anywhere as big as it is today either, and it wasn't a kid's movie as such.
>>
>>88856360
>>88857244
I ... Might be rewatch this sometime soon.
>>
>>88856360
The innacurate legs trigger me for some reason. Which is weird because I didn't like how they looked the first time I saw them on screen.
>>
File: IMG_1375.jpg (162KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1375.jpg
162KB, 1280x1280px
>>88857862
Sorry.
>>
File: 1460793405311.jpg (42KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
1460793405311.jpg
42KB, 720x480px
The MC should of hooked up with Stith instead of the generic Asian with little to no personality. Stith was actually memorable while the Asian chick was literally just like every female Asian character in cartoons ever.
>>
Earth destruction was OK
>>
I still love the songs.
>>
It had REALLY nice animation, almost Bakshi-esque IMO. However, like a lot of original Bakshi stuff, the story wasn't too impressive. It wasn't terrible, but it could have been a lot better
>>
File: titan2.jpg (28KB, 494x280px) Image search: [Google]
titan2.jpg
28KB, 494x280px
Cool animation as always, I appreciate it for what it was trying to do in a time when 2D animation was starting to fade out, but I don't think it's a very good movie.

The CG backgrounds were very jarring next to Bluth's character designs, and they've aged like milk, especially the evil 'lightning' aliens. The story is a good idea, but it wasn't really all that engaging in the movie.

Pretty ballsy to put a neck snap in though.
>>
It will always hold a special place in my heart, it was one of the first films I saw in a theater. My older brother took me because he didn't want to go to a cartoon movie without a little kid.
Like the other 'boy' cartoons from that era, they're not great, but I still loved them at the time.
>>
File: 1471056926197.jpg (217KB, 1100x1315px) Image search: [Google]
1471056926197.jpg
217KB, 1100x1315px
>>88856360
>>
Lousy movie but I want to fuck Stith.
>>
>>88856411
I took my then 9 year old cousin to see it for his birthday. He loved the shit out of it, but I agreed with you.

Now that cousin is in jail for murder.
>>
Uhhh, I just got a new waifu.
>>
>>88856360
The fuck is this

Stith is never this friendly to strangers.
>>
>>88857929

hey lon
>>
>>88861302
mating season?
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.