[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Superman and Captain Marvel irrelevant

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: Moore.jpg (276KB, 1024x726px) Image search: [Google]
Moore.jpg
276KB, 1024x726px
After seeing the reaction of BvS as they struggled to make superman relevant should we all trying? He is like a relic of a bygone era. Look at Marvel with the FF. Their premiere family completely dismantled and forgotten when they used to be popular in the 60s and 70s (according to sales figures anyways)

I mean this is the same with Captain Marvel. For a long time before the new 52 DC struggled to make him fit with the DCU. Didio himself stated Billy's happy go lucky nature doesn't fit with the edgy current superhero ethos DC was pursuing. I mean look at the poor treatment Mary Marvel got alone, a girl who was suppose to be the superheroine innocent sweetheart.

We should just let these goody two shoes superhero types die. Embrace the batman in all of us. Or you know, the nuanced sensibilities Moore shows in his work.
>>
>>88853705
Sometimes I wonder why everyone doesn't want to join us in this future and prefer the old characters and their old ways.
Sometimes I wonder.
>>
Superman will never die, he's the hero's hero. The Superman symbol is the second most recognized symbol worldwide, right behind the cross.
>>
>>88853882
I hope to see that change in my lifetime. Jesus can hardly hold a candle to Superman's heroics.
>>
>>88853705
I know this is bait, but I'll bite anyway. Supreme was more lighthearted fun than Superman has been since the silver age ended. It was far from grimdark or edgy like Miracleman and post crisis Superman were.
>>
File: s.jpg (51KB, 800x490px) Image search: [Google]
s.jpg
51KB, 800x490px
Every Batman, Harley Quinn and Memepool book you faggots buy is another nail in Supermans coffin.

I wish you braindead-snyder-loving-frank miller-dick-blowing-edgelords would stop reading comics.

You're ruining the last good thing this medium had.

Yes I'm mad.
>>
Miracleman looks like a huge faggot
>>
The FF aren't dead because they've become too antiquated, the FF is dead because FOX killed their brand name and Marvel put the nails in the coffin to appease the mouse after the merger. The FF are timeless just as Superman is timeless. To think of either of them as antiquated is ignorant because they can birth some great stories given enough thought,good writers,and good artists. Hell, the FF was the centerpiece of Earth X and the same can be said for Superman in Kingdom Come. I'm a huge FF fag and a even bigger Superman fag,I've read many of their books, and I can't say I've ever been bored by one.
>>
>>88853705
t.mousenigger
>>
>>88856187
The FF are only centerpiece due to nostalgia bullshit from the writers. I mean look at secret wars alone. There was a number of people bitching at Hickman for making it a stealth FF Reed Richards book.

Hell even look at Doom or anyone mentioning that guy on the internet. He is way more popular than the FF. I constantly see posts asking what Doom related comics exist that don't feature the FF.

The FF like superman are relics of a bygone era. The only reason Superman will last a longer agonizing death is that he actually had good movies in the 70s, so he is more etched into the minds of the pop culture crowd.

Ask anyone their fave superhero: its batman or spiderman or iron man these days. Ask anyone their favourite superhero team: its X-men or the Avengers not the FF.

Hell the FF struggled so much that they had to tie in to shitty crossovers with the X-men. Look at their inferno tie or that FF vs Xmen mini series.
>>
>>88857341
Never go this far into the autism spectrum co. Please.
>>
>He's way more popular

There was a time when Cable and Wolverine were more popular than Superman and the Fantastic Four.

>>88853705
>Why can't Captain Marvel work?

Are you telling me Thunderworld didn't work? Multiversity wasn't that long ago.

>Why can't Superman work?

Isn't Superdad selling pretty good? I'd say that's a direct refutation.

You can't kill true legends anymore than you can kill King Arthur or Robin Hood. They only go to sleep for awhile.
>>
Captain Marvel can work easily, it's just DC refuses to actually put any effort into the character.
He hasn't had an ongoing in years for no real reason and he barely even appears to begin with.
>>
>>88856187
Let's not forget that during Hickman's run, there were multiple months where FF was one of the highest selling comics. Even beating out Batman.
>>
>>88857529
And for those that doubt, here's the top 10 sales for January 2011, a mere 6 years ago:
>1 Fantastic Four 587 $3.99 Marvel 115,448
>2 Brightest Day 17 $2.99 DC 72,841
>3 Brightest Day 18 $2.99 DC 72,090
>4 Spawn 200 $3.99 Image 65,448
>5 Avengers 9 $3.99 Marvel 64,867
>6 X-Men 7 $3.99 Marvel 64,615
>7 Batman And Robin 19 $2.99 DC 61,785
>8 New Avengers 8 $3.99 Marvel 61,169
>9 Batman 706 $2.99 DC 60,231
>10 Amazing Spider-Man 651 $3.99 Marvel 56,749
>>
>>88857503
A lot of people have wanted to do a SHAZAM! book, but Johns had dibs on it so no one else was allowed to do a New 52 SHAZAM! book until Johns got to do his run.

And then Johns kept putting it off and continually promising "d-don't worry, once my schedule opens up I'll definitely do it." And now he's not writing anything at DC at all.
>>
>>88857596
Johns is an asshole.
I want my Shazam ongoing already.
>>
>>88857575
That's not fair. 587 was a hyped as fuck book which gave it increased sales. You should use 588, since it went back to its usual numbers for that issue:
>1 Green Lantern 62 $2.99 DC 71,517
>2 Brightest Day 19 $2.99 DC 71,063
>3 Brightest Day 20 $2.99 DC 69,729
>4 Avengers 10 $3.99 Marvel 63,924
>5 Fantastic Four 588 $3.99 Marvel 63,529
>6 New Avengers 9 $3.99 Marvel 60,914
>7 Batman And Robin 20 $2.99 DC 60,642
>8 Batman 707 $2.99 DC 58,803
>9 Flash 9 $2.99 DC 55,980
>10 Amazing Spider-Man 654.1 $2.99 Marvel 55,283

>still outsold Batman and Spider-man
WELL WOULD YOU LOOK AT THAT. F4 was doing so well that it was able to support two books. To that end, Green Lantern was also selling higher than any other DC book at the time.

How the mighty have fallen.
>>
>After seeing the reaction of BvS as they struggled to make superman relevant should we all trying?

That's precisely the problem, they keep trying to make him "relevant" as if they're trying to fix something that isn't broken, ironically breaking it in the process. Superman was completely fine.

>He is like a relic of a bygone era.

People keep spouting this meme but look at Captain America. That's just an excuse. Everything can be popular again with the right approach.
>>
>>88853705
you'ld have to be either pretty autistic or a retared edgelord to have such delusions
>>
>>88857651
It makes me laugh consideringhow much Hickman bashing Marvelfags did during and after this run.
Enjoy your Squirrel Girl, faggots.
>>
>>88857596
You have issues. Seek help.
>>
>>88858429
Fuck off, famicom.
>>
>>88853705
We'll see about that when JL comes out and Superman's return is the best scene in the entire movie. And also if the Shazam movie is successful. Personally I think Shazam needs to speed up production ASAP and replace the Flash movie.
>>
>>88853705
>according to sales figures anyways
The Thing used to be Marvel big shot (before wolverine start to be popular) with spidey
>>
File: morrison rewrites BvS.png (32KB, 468x184px) Image search: [Google]
morrison rewrites BvS.png
32KB, 468x184px
>>88853705
MoS used All-Star Superman quotes n the marketing.
They know exactly how to make a good Superman film. They just don't care.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.