[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why hasn't this been animated yet?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4

File: the whole world in a bottle.jpg (193KB, 987x1519px) Image search: [Google]
the whole world in a bottle.jpg
193KB, 987x1519px
why hasn't this been animated yet?
>>
gommunist probaganda
>>
File: Rotten Son.jpg (1MB, 1024x1631px) Image search: [Google]
Rotten Son.jpg
1MB, 1024x1631px
>>88846328
Probably because of pic related, if I had to guess.
>>
Why is there also poorfag Russian Batman with a deerstalker?
>>
File: batman-red-son.jpg (101KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
batman-red-son.jpg
101KB, 1200x800px
red son batman is best batman
>>
>>88846328
Because people read different things out of it, and it becomes highly political. Sure, the monster of the issue stuff is good, seeing US Bizarro or commie Batman is dope as fuck, but the Lex Luthor Superman dynamics when put under analysis yield different results depending on your characterizations and understanding of politics.

I.E. I read that Superman is still the hero of the story, but because he's not American he doesn't save the world. The world is doomed because of it, because deep down it's his kind of personality that makes America great.

Luthor is portrayed consistently in the book as an asshole that cares more about beating superman than his wife or his country. By the time he's won and the US basically owns the world it seems like a Utopia, but it falls under the same problems typical Krypton has, a person like Superman is supposed to "save them".

But you can also read it as just a clear Soviet Union v. American conflict (superman does represent more commie ideals while Lex presents more American), or some other stuff. I know a lot of people that root for Luthor in the book.
>>
>>88847507
>it becomes highly political

I mean, it IS highly political. I think the book really boils down to a treatise against authoritarianism, not communism. Superman doesn't lose because he's a commie, he loses because he's so obsessed with protecting his people that he stops treating them like people.

That's why the question why don't you just put the whole world in a bottle? hits him so hard.
>>
>>88846328
Every animated movie DC has done since Flashpoint is part of a Cinematic Universe.
>>
>>88847589
But on the other hand, Superman's clearly portrayed as the most sympathetic and moral guy in the entire book, save for possibly a Batman.

Luthor's world is bad in another way, in a damning sense. Making Earth Red Son's Krypton is very telling as to what Miller thinks of Luthor's victory.
>>
If they're gonna do it, the Fleischer cartoons would be a great reference point for animation style. Rather than the sort of Justice League War, Justice League Dark, Young Justice, or Vixen animation styles.
>>
>>88847711
>most sympathetic and moral guy
>brainwashing people into servants
>>
It has

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tG0UUdGI01o
>>
>>88848181
Not that guy but you don't have to agree with his morals to recognize that he's much more principled than Luthor throughout the story. And even though he becomes a tyrant, his development into such is gradual and convincing enough that you can understand it, even if you don't agree with it. Hence sympathetic.
>>
>>88848305
>motion comic

hold on i have to vomit

>>88846328
i haven't read it yet, although i want to.

maybe because it could be about the u.s. just as easily as the soviet union
>>
>>88846499
>>88846499
But it's very anti-gommunist!
>>
>>88847677
Take that back, Joker!
>>
>>88846328
God damn were the last 2 pages of that retarded.

Rest was fine though.
>>
>>88847711
>Making Earth Red Son's Krypton is very telling as to what Miller thinks of Luthor's victory

Capitalism leads to global environmental cataclysm?
Or the creation of Brainiac Skynet?
>>
>>88848305
>Motion comic

I remember I downloaded the Watchmen motion comic, and then I lent them to my brother on a USB key not noticing I hadn't highlighted and copied the 12 issue.

He showed up at my door at 10pm one night demanding I tell him there was another issue because that ending was bullshit.
>>
>>88847790
This is an absolutely inspired idea, it is far too good to ever happen. Curse you for stamping it on my mind.
>>
>>88846661
It was an Ushanka anon. A deerstalker cap is what Sherlock Holmes wears.
>>
>>88847507
>I.E. I read that Superman is still the hero of the story, but because he's not American he doesn't save the world

To me the moral of the story was that you cannot be a political hero who pushes his personal political ideology to people, because that ideology ends up becoming a cult of personality and the system then only works as long as Superman is there to use his powers to make the train run on time.
>>
>>88846534
That was fucking amazing. 2 whole threads, like a 4 hour storytime, all for that punchline. Fucking legendary
>>
Jesus, it's been so long since e I've read this.
Only thing I remember is Luther became like a national hero or somethhing.
>>
>>88846328

>SUPERRED MANSON
>>
>>88847507
>superman does represent more commie ideals while Lex presents more American
Have to disagree with you on both counts. Both are flawed but speciously idealized versions of their respective ideologies. Luthor is a completely independent individualist who takes on a demigod using nothing but his wits, brilliance, and ambition and he wins. But, he's also a psychopathic narcissist who sees literally the entire world as his pawns. Superman on the other hand suppose to represent collectivist ideals, but he's literally one man keeping the country running.
>>
>>88854924
Thats not a very ruskie name
>>
>>88846499
But he lost in the end
>>
>>88851939
Damn when was this? I would have pissed my pants laughing.
>>
>>88846328
they don't want to use all their best comics for movies to soon
>>
>>88847012
that's a sexy hat
>>
>>88847677
Dark Knight Returns?
>>
>>88857379

Sorry, I meant SUPEЯЯED MAИSOИ
>>
>>88858266
Scratch that, just realized Part 1 it came out before Flashpoint.
>>
I found these comics at a flee market once, am I a moron for not buying them?
>>
>>88860447
Depends on the price and quality of the physical copy
>>
>>88847677
JL Gods and Monsters
>>
>>88846534
I like how Red Son Supes isn't a man of murder. Literally raised by Stalin yet he still values life more than Snyder's SuperJesus
>>
>>88847507
Superman is usually the most american possible
>Don't fuck with other people

As opposed to the scatological "fuck with everyone"
>>
>>88858243
it was almost a year ago at this point
>>
>>88862928
Eschatological*
Woopsie daisy. My brain went to shit (hah)
>>
It got a motion comic with voice acting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tG0UUdGI01o
>>
>>88851939
>>88863179
I saved the punchline picture so I could repeat it in some time, it's dated to the 7th of April this year.
>>
>>88848305
God the voice acting is so terrible in that.
>>
>>88851836
To be fair a lot of people react that way to the 12th issue too
>>
>>88846328
It isn't centered around batman.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.