[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What dose /CO/Think of Ralph Bakshi

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 7

more specifically Coonskin
>>
His only worthwhile work was on 1987 Mighty Mouse.
>>
File: fi13.jpg (55KB, 640x476px) Image search: [Google]
fi13.jpg
55KB, 640x476px
>>88845710
He is perhaps emblematic of the "Disney Dry-spell" (most of the 70s and 80s) of the kind of guy who could get animation made that wasn't afraid to stick to any "for-kids" conventions.

I'd have to say probably Fire and Ice is his most entertaining flick almost for Darkwolf alone.
>>
I like his work and judging by interviews and commentaries he seems like a pretty cool dude.
>>
>>88845710
It's a jewish guy obsessed by putting niggers on his movies and pretending it's cool because it's so seventies and "underground".
>>
>>88845710

I wished there were more scenes with the Don's crossdressing sons.

I wish there was a official soundtrack out there.
>>
Probably my favorite work of his, though "best" is up for debate.

Its weird to me that a piece almost 40 years old that followed out of the boom civil rights era of that was the 60s had a better grasp on race relations in America than almost any other piece thats tried to tackle in since then.
>>
File: 1280x720-xYf.jpg (63KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1280x720-xYf.jpg
63KB, 1280x720px
>>88848232

I mean..LOOK AT THEM.
>>
File: Stargirl.jpg (358KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Stargirl.jpg
358KB, 1280x1280px
Is that...Stargirl?
>>
File: tumblr_mbcdmiEnqo1rrva1q.png (161KB, 500x322px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mbcdmiEnqo1rrva1q.png
161KB, 500x322px
>>88848313
>>
File: csmother_body.jpg (60KB, 548x440px) Image search: [Google]
csmother_body.jpg
60KB, 548x440px
Plus this scene was pretty nice.
>>
>>88848277
it makes sense. you can't handle a serious issue that people have trouble talking about while being censored in any way. bakshi is the only guy who gave no fucks

there was a little bit of that all throughout the 70s really. TV was starting to say all kinds of shit you just couldnt say before, and in doing so, it was literally saying more. really sucks that didnt continue and now they censor all the niggers and fags and other words like that out of the likes of sanford and son, all in the family, all that good shit.
>>
American Pop is my favorite movie. Certain parts of it make me cry every time I watch it.
>>
>>88848577
Right? Like, theres something very grounded with how this movie approached the issues at hand, not just the race issues but any other sort of social comments you can pull from this movie (theres tons). It's something thats rare to see in even peripheral media today, where that fine line of obtuse flooding vs acute ignorance actually gets rode appropriately and not just polarized to one side or the other like everything else these days
>>
>>88845710
Shit was just Brer Rabbit with a different name.

Bakshi was an amateur film maker who happened to be an animator. If you can get past the imagery, it was mostly social commentary in a gritty fashion.
>>
>>88845710
Wizards was great and obviously the most approachable film he ever did along with Lord of the Rings. The other stuff i would say is for people who REALLY REALLY like Bakshi or are seriously interested in pop culture for the 60s and 70s
>>
I thought Coonskin was good, it somehow took me back to childhood in a weird way I can't explain considering I was born in 1989, but something about it made me feel like a kid again
>>
>>88848627
Bakshi makes ugly movies about ugly people, and they're beautiful.

No seriously, they are. I especially love how you can always see the New York he grew up with and knew best-- a grimey, scuzzy, murky haven. It's honest.
>>
File: flatfoots.png (151KB, 352x264px) Image search: [Google]
flatfoots.png
151KB, 352x264px
>>88850419
Hey Good Looking is fairly approachable from a visual standpoint, language is a bit coarse but no more than watch "A Bronx Tale" or "Ganges of New York."

The character designer later worked on the Chipmunk Adventure, I think.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.