[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are there no other Marvel characters who are as deep as Frank?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_4396.jpg (234KB, 1205x812px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4396.jpg
234KB, 1205x812px
Why are there no other Marvel characters who are as deep as Frank?
>>
What aboot Cable eh?
>>
>as deep as Frank
Is there a superhero whose power to turn into a puddle?
>>
Frank's a pretty straightforward character though.
>>
>>88844940

This, Frank's pretty straightforward and that's part of what makes him a good character.
>>
>>88844787
I am not going to touch your post OP, but I will share what I think about the Punisher.

What I like best about the Punisher is that he is a simple character, and that Marvel really doesn't give a fuck about his continuity. He is one of the only Marvel characters that I can think of that regularily gets minis or one shots that are just good stories with good characters and no real concern about continuity.

That being said, some of his in continuity stories have been godly too.

But, at the end of the day, he and his stories and production embody some of the things I like best about comics and in my opinion is a character that closely resembles mythic characters.
>>
>>88844823
this desu

even though Cable's backstory is a big fucking mess, he's a cool dude.
>>
>>88845119
They don't care about his continuity because he doesn't make a ton of sense with the rest of The people he interacts with. Him trying to say guys like Spidey and Daredevil are wrong for sparing thei villains is stupid when he himself would rather shoot up drug dealers than deal with guys like Osborn or Kingpin.

I like Frank but he really should be as far away from the cape stuff, similar to Jonah Hex.
>>
>>88845390
Aw man, I was so happy when Sgt. Rock was part of the NU52

And then I was so let down when the first story line involved metahumans and government spooks for some godforsaken reason.

One backup story was good, and the Haunted Tank storyline were pretty good though.
>>
>>88845526
Sgt. Rock is one of those characters I always hear good things of and just never get to. What runs are good to start with?
>>
>>88845644
Ehn, Sgt. Rock has no real continuity. Him and Easy CO just have really good one shot stories, and the odd continued one when they are in a famous battle.

I actually decided to go through some old comics and post some snippets from them. The back up stories are usually the best.

THere was one from Haunted Tank, were a General got tired of writing form letters home to dead soldier's families, and decides to go out with the tanks so he can write firsthand what the soldiers experience.

I might story time that one next, ti is so good.

>>88845657
>>
>>88845720
Alright I'll go through that thread later. Thanks anon
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.