[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So considering how this is canon to Earth-616, what ended up

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: space odyssey.jpg (146KB, 770x1180px) Image search: [Google]
space odyssey.jpg
146KB, 770x1180px
So considering how this is canon to Earth-616, what ended up happening to the second sun that was created in 2010?
>>
>>88836336
2010 isn't canon to 2001, there are small but noticable discrepancies. there are 4 books in the series (and 2 movies) and they aren't canon to each other, there is always a small but noticable discrepancy that lets you realize they are based on the same idea but different.
>>
>>88838000
How so? I distinctly remember 2010 being placed after 2001 with Dave becoming the Starchild and all.
>>
At least Pan-Am is still in business
>>
>>88839809
They probably got slapped around into being SWORD's bitch company after that shit that went down on the Odyssey.
>>
>>88836336
I think the Monoliths would be canon to Earth-616.

2001 A Space Odyssey itself would be a future of an Earth that moved forward from Bronze Age Marvel instead of regressing since the 90's.
>>
>>88840098
I'm pretty sure during Machine Man's origin they directly reference the Odyssey (unless I'm remembering wrong) which means it already happened in 616 since Machine Man is around.
>>
>World War Hulk happened in 2010.

Maybe Banner punched it to death.
>>
>>88840188
I wonder, since Machine Man was created in a licensed comic, who owns the rights to use him in movies?
Keep in mind, Bug can't be in the movies because of Hasbro even though Marvel has exclusive comics rights to him.
>>
>>88840664
I'd assume Marvel, but I'm still not entirely sure. Even if they did make a movie out of him how would they even go about it? Would they just buy the rights to 2001 and make it a sequel to that?
>>
>>88841219
I was thinking more about a Nextwave movie actually.
Boom-Boom would sadly have to go.
>>
2001: A Space Odyssey is as canon to 616 as Conan the Barbarian and Godzilla i.e. they're still kind of canon, but not in any way that can be directly acknowledged.
>>
>>88841540
>still no digital reprints
;_;
>>
>>88841540
Well that's the entire point of this thread though. To theorize about what happened since Marvel can't tell us.
>>
>>88841540
Making Conan canon to 616 was a big mistake anyway. The Hyborian Age is its own thing, it doesn't fit in with any other setting, much less the MU which has its own established ancient history that contradicts it.
>>
>>88841770
>much less the MU which has its own established ancient history that contradicts it.

Which part?
>>
>>88841770
Conan beat Shuma Gorath. Selene has hyborean age roots. Wakanda's founding as a tribe dates back to around then. Conan's fucking DEEP in the lore.
>>
>>88839020
In the 2001, they travel to Saturn and find the monolith in a big, eye-shaped crater on Japetus, in 2010, the discovery went to Jupiter and the monolith was floating between Jupiter and Europa.
>>
>>88841540

Godzilla is still running around the MU. Dr. Dominicus mutated him into a similar-but-legally-distinct monster back in the 80s and he still pops up every now and again.

Now the Shogun Warriors, THEY can't be referenced ever again. Which means at least one issue of Fantastic Four that will be forever excluded from reprint collections.
>>
>>88839020
The book 2010 tells the reader from the very beginning it's a different universe.
>>
>>88845569
Couldn't the Shogun pilots be used?
>>
>>88845041
Not to mention Set and the serpent crown, Kulan- Gath, etc. etc.
>>
>>88845569
>Godzilla is still running around the MU.

Nope, the X-Men killed him off.
>>
>>88851615
So Angel is more powerful than Galactus, Hulk, Hercules, and the rest of the Marvel universe combined it seems?
>>
>>88851615
>>88854092
They're still debating it in the talk section of the wiki entry:

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Talk:Godzilla_(Earth-616)
>>
>>88854092
Angel vs TOAA when?
>>
>>88840340
Three years off buddy
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.