[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

the new Spider-Man cartoon is a flop. a new team has been put

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: spiderman_black_cat_by_nebezial.jpg (132KB, 800x1143px) Image search: [Google]
spiderman_black_cat_by_nebezial.jpg
132KB, 800x1143px
the new Spider-Man cartoon is a flop. a new team has been put together and thanks to a dickensian coincidence pile-up YOU have been chosen as head writer.
but there's a stipulation. The new director is a huge waifufag for Black Cat and demands she be Peter's main love interest and endgame.

How do you go about writing the show knowing this?
>>
Option 1: Try to salvage as best I can and base the show heavily on the original ASM, bringing Pete from high school quickly into college, do the Night Gwen Stacy Died, move towards Mary Jane but when they go through that weird period of will-they won't-they, when Black Cat original came into the picture, instead have Pete commit to Black Cat I guess and end the show a little after, maybe after a homebrewed Venom confrontation. Show ends with kind of a "business as usual" feeling, Peter swinging off into the night on a final adventure as light EDM begins to play or some shit

Option 2: Just make it Spider-Man and Black Cat's zany adventures. Kind of a Marvel Adventures feel where it's definitely non-canon and not even really a fresh adaptation but its just doing its own thing.
>>
>>88825198
>bringing Pete from high school quickly into college
why not just start in college? Spectacular showed you don't need to begin with the origin story.
>>
>>88824187
Start off with Peter in college, he's been around and is already well known, but regarded as a criminal, however he /does/ have a cop friend, Jean DeWolff. Set up Gwen and MJ the same way Spider-Man Blue did, and introduce Felicia the way they did in TAS. Whacky love triangle stuff going on between them, and I do stories such as Kid Who Collects Spider-Man, If This Be My Destiny, Sinister Six, Death of Jean DeWolff, then I do The Night Gwen Stacy Died, but this time it comes off as more of a what if. Instead of MJ trying to comfort Peter, she actually /does/ leave him alone. That's when Black Cat comes in to comfort him after the loss. From then I just do the rest of the good stories, but swap out MJ for Black Cat and have her more involved in the plotlines.
>>
>>88826542
playing it a tad safe but I like it
>>
File: spiderman.png (177KB, 292x400px) Image search: [Google]
spiderman.png
177KB, 292x400px
>>88824187
> make a loose modern adaptation of pic related set in new york aimed towards a teen audience
> use anime style animation similar to avatar or teen titans
> tone down some of the adult themes and incorporate more villains, supporting characters, and story arcs from the 60s and ultimate comics (mainly the 60s comics)
> emphasis on the aspects of peters character that deal with isolation and loneliness
> put some emphasis on the way that peter perceives mj as a manic pixie dream girl while also hinting her abusive past from her early comics
> explore the father-son relationship that norman has with peter from the revenge of the green goblin arc
> explore the peters brother/friend/rival relationship with harry
> if the first season gets good ratings tell the director that mj will be end game
> after he throws a hissy fit appeal to the studio in an attempt to get a new director by pointing out that his insistence on making a catwoman ripoff c-list character who was made for the sole purpose of giving neckbeards some fap material in comics the main love interest and endgame is making it really hard to work with
> hope that the fire him instead of me
>>
>>88828095
Fund it
>>
>>88828095
End it with them having kids too
>>
>>88828095
>>88828122
>>88828653

loose outline
> season 1 has peter as a loner/outcast
> mj (the quirky girl next door) occasionally talks to him ( peter is mjs escape from her past she is running from and mj is peters escape from his responsibility and failures he is running from
> season ends mj running away from home and disapearing from peters life and with the if this be my destiny story arc
> season 2 has peter as a loner again
> peter gets an internship at oscorp and spends time with harry (an old friend who keeps getting kicked out of private schools and is seen as a disappointment by his father)
> norman becomes peters mentor
> some story arcs include harry's drug problems, (if steven universe can have a group of lesbians raise a child then there has to be a way to get away with this) peter attempting (and failing) to have a relationship with liz allen, norman unmasking peter and then getting amnesia, and peters graduation
> season 3
> harry is in rehab
> story arcs focus on some of the elements from the manga
> also mj kinda comes back but doesnt stay
> season 4
> peter starts developing a relationship with gwen stacy and joins her group of friends in college
> harry is also out of rehab
> mj kinda comes back into peters life
> season 5
> ends with the night gwen stacy died
> season 6
> black cat
> peter graduates college
> season 7
> introduce clock and dagger and rocket racer
> season 8
> peter drops out of graduate school
> peter and mj get married
> season 9
> peter has a job in a think tank
> mj is an amateur actress preforming at small plays
> season 10
> peter loses his job
> gets a job as a teacher
> norman comes back
> ends with the a death in the family story arc
> also mj has a baby
>>
>>88824187
-Show starts out with Peter in college with Gwen Stacy as his girlfriend.
-Adaptation of death of Gwen at end of Season 1.
-Season 2 takes place months later with Intro of Black Cat, she says she's Felicia Hardy, was daughter of a cat burglar.
-Then we find out the twist at the end of season 2 is that Black Cat is actually Gwen Stacy.
>>
>>88828996
hard mode: you gotta actually work in that Captain Stacy was indeed The Cat Burglar before somehow becoming a cop despite his criminal record
>>
>>88829038
Easy, Captain Stacy had a case of kleptomania that he kept secret. So he kept going out as The Cat in a disguise for a long time. He secretly knew Peter was Spider-Man but didn't go after him because he understood that Peter was trying to do good with his secret identity.
>>
>>88829089
I like it
>think capeshit nearly got you killed
>barely survived
>try to avoid it next time by become a player in capeshit rather than just a civilian
>bonus of rebelling against daddy
>turns out he did/does the exact same thing
>>
File: 196282877553.png (1MB, 887x744px) Image search: [Google]
196282877553.png
1MB, 887x744px
to throw a spin on things, Peter doesn't meet Felicia until Identity Crisis. She falls in love with his Ricochet persona and feels betrayed when she discovers he's actually Spider-Man. but after she helps him clear his name they start a relationship proper.

The climax is a blend of Kraven's Last Hunt and What If? Kraven's Last Hunt where Peter escapes from his grave just in time to stop Felicia from murdering Kraven to avenge him.

Other storylines include MJ become an anti-hero Hobgoblin II after discovering that she'd been working for Robert Kingsley as a fashion model, and realizing she's been lied to by everyone
and Gwen, after getting fridged and revived in the form of five identical clones, takes out Warren and replaces him in the underworld as 'the go-to' geneticist since being legally dead and five people isn't something you can just go to a normal life after.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.