[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which direct to video Disney sequels are actually watchable?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

File: disney-sequels-900x778.jpg (336KB, 900x778px) Image search: [Google]
disney-sequels-900x778.jpg
336KB, 900x778px
Which direct to video Disney sequels are actually watchable?
>>
>>88819803
Kronk new Groove was okay.
So was Lion King 2.

Just dont treat them as an actual sequel and more like an extra episode.
>>
>>88819803
Rescuers down Under 2.

Bambi is kinda meh, but Patrick Steward is always dope.

Cinderella 3 is shockingly entertaining, and gives everyone way more character than the original did, but still has some bad parts.

Return To Neverland was okay.

Simba's Pride some damn good songs.

If you love Timone and Pumba, 1 1/2 is fine, otherwise it's exactly what you'd expect from a movie about nothing but the comic relief characters.

Everything else is fucking awful.
>>
Just wait. Disney owns Star Wars. Pretty soon they will be putting out a shitty movie every three months
>>
Lion King 2 had great songs, at least.
Kronk's New Groove was alright
>>
>>88819803

If we're talking about sequels to any theatrically released Disney film, An Extremely Goofy Movie though it's nowhere near as good as the first film.

If it's just the canon Disney films, Return of Jafar is decent enough for a television show while Prince is Thieves is pretty solid.
>>
File: L6a1p.png (206KB, 501x358px) Image search: [Google]
L6a1p.png
206KB, 501x358px
>>88819803
I've seen everything in the image except for Tarzan 2, the Lilo and Stitch sequels, and I failed to finish watching Kronk's New Groove. I've heard mixed opinions about Kronk's New Groove, so to my understanding a lot of people liked it, but it bored me so bad I stopped watching.

So of the rest there, I'd say the only really unwatchable one that people should steer clear of and skip is Fox and the Hound 2. It is completely pointless as a Fox and the Hound sequel and only worth watching if you want to fuck the lady dog.

I'm pretty sure Atlantis was also really bad, but I'm having trouble remembering just how bad. Atlantis is more tolerable as long as you remember it was the first couple eps of a tv series that didn't get picked up- it's worse if you judge it as a movie.

The rest are fine to watch if only once to satisfy your curiosity, and the Aladdin sequels, Cinderella 3 and Bambi 2 are actually pretty good. I don't mind rewatching The Little Mermaid 2 and 3, Hunchback of Notre Dame 2, Mulan 2, Return to Neverland, Pocahontas 2, the Lion King sequels, that one sequence of Cinderella 2 focused on Anastasia, Brother Bear 2, and Beauty and the Beast Enchanted Christmas from time to time just for fun, though none of them can compare to their regular Disney canon counterparts.

Not on the image but definitely worth a mention is Belle's Magical World. By far the worst Disney related thing I have ever seen and unless you are specifically looking for the worst of the worst, should be avoided at all costs.
>>
If you want to masturbate I suggest watching the Tinkerbell movies.
>>
>>88820656

This guy knows what's up, I remember thoroughly enjoying both Aladdin sequels, and the TV show for that matter.
>>
>>88819803
I remember liking the Aladdin films while Lion King 2 had some pretty good music. I actually have some of that music on my phone.
>>
>>88820663

I've heard good things about both Cinderella III and Bambi 2, but.... I just can't bring myself to watch them.
>>
>>88819803
These movies are fine:
Lion King 1 1/2
Aladdin: King of Thieves (Return of Jafar is okay)
Stitch!
Leroy and Stitch
>>
Kronk's new groove isn't technically good but I enjoy it because I like the characters
>>
File: Liloandstitch2dvd.jpg (34KB, 245x349px) Image search: [Google]
Liloandstitch2dvd.jpg
34KB, 245x349px
>>88819803
Lilo and Stitch 2 was good.
>>
I really liked Return to Never-Land

Yes, even the cheesy pop-songs.
The movie is such a relic of the time
>>
the lilo and stitch ones were alright

either never seen the others or thought they were lame as fuck. I know I've never gotten around to return of jafar and should
>>
Lion King 2 and Return of Jafar are pretty great for DTV.
>>
>>88824283
Saw that in the theater. I remember when Disney had no shame releasing direct to video crap in theaters.
>>
>>88819803
lilo and stitch seems always good to me
return of jafar is good if you like iago. fair warning, they fucked up and didn't have robin williams voice the genie in that one, but i think they did have him voice genie in the third movie
Kronk from emperor's new groove can't go wrong
>>
>>88819803
I hear 101 Dalmations II and Tarzan II are pretty good
>>
>>88826084
Only thing I remember about 101 Dalmations 2 is that Patch goes and meets his tv hero, Thunderbolt, and Thunderbolt has a sidekick named Lil Lightning that is a corgi.
>>
The Lion King 1/2 was amazing.

>".....Timon, were you picking your nose?"
>"NO I JUST HAVE AN ITCH ON THE INSIDE"
>>
>>88819803
Brother Bear II.
It was really sweet.
>>
>>88826170
I'm shocked by how much of that movie I remember all these years later.
>DIG A TUNNEL DIG DIG A TUNNEL
>DIG A TUNNEL DIG A BIGGER TUNNEL
>DIG A TUNNEL DIG DIG A TUNNEL WHAT WAS THAT
>*TCH* *TCH* *TCH*
>QUICK BEFORE THE HYENA COMES

I even 'member some of the hidden Mickey Mouse heads.
>>
>>88825955
Williams was in the third movie but the second movie and the TV series had to make do with Dan Castellaneta.
>>
>>88826131
The corgi was voiced by Jason Alexander.
>>
>>88820663
The Lilo and Stitch sequels were actually pretty solid, with Stitch has a Glitch arguably being as good as the original.
>>
>>88819803
>Return of Jafar
>King of Thieves
>Cinderella 3
>101 Dalmatians 2,
>Lion King 2 (maybe 1/2)
>Cinderella 3
>Bambi 2
>All of the Lilo and Stitch sequels
>All of the DTV Winnie the Pooh movies
>>
>>88828436
Thanks, I'll have to check them out. I was never that compelled to watch them because I never liked Lilo and Stitch as much as most other Disney movies.

Come to think, that's probably why Kronk's New Groove didn't hook me either. I never liked Emperor's New Groove all that much either.
>>
Just watch Doug Walker's Disneycember on them. Tarzan 2 is pretty good.
>>
>>88819928
>Rescuers down Under
that one was theatrical actually

>>88820663
Lilo & Stitch 2 has issues(and fits really awkwardly with the rest of the franchise that follows as it was developed separately from the show, and indeed was originally going to be a theatrical film at one point), Stitch The Movie is decent(even if it's a glorified pilot for the TV show), and Leroy & Stitch is a pretty good finale, although it doesn't have a lot of impact if you haven't watched the TV show(which is a pretty decent show)

>>88825282
they only did that like maybe twice off the top of my head

>>88828549
as I already mentioned you'll want to watch the TV show if you want to get the most out of Leroy & Stitch(you'll probably get a kick out of all the random crossovers that show had)
>>
>>88826631
It's a funny story, Williams himself did not want a big deal being made of his involvement, but they went and made a big deal of it anyway.
That's why he originally refused to reprise his role.
>>
From what I've read, the good ones are:
>Cinderella 3
>Kronk's New Groove
>Return to Neverland
>The Lion King 1 1/2
>Brother Bear 2
>An Extremely Goofy Movie
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.