[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ben Affleck on why he might not direct ‘The Batman’

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 578
Thread images: 83

File: 3520.jpg (31KB, 620x372px) Image search: [Google]
3520.jpg
31KB, 620x372px
>“But it’s not a set thing and there’s no script. If it doesn’t come together in a way I think is really great I’m not going to do it.”

WAKE ME UP

http://batman-news.com/2017/01/01/ben-affleck-says-he-might-not-direct-the-batman/
>>
>>88816780
No one likes a loosing team.
>>
>>88816780
he's said the same shit for a while now, this isnt him saying he doesnt want to do it, just that he wont do it till he thinks he has the perfect script.
>>
>>88816780
Wasn't the shooting supposed to start this spring? How the heck there still no script?
>>
>>88818961
Why can't I stop watching this WEBM?
>>
>>88819047
Read the article carefully
>>
>no script

This is DC's biggest problem right now: They have a bunch of "idea guys" going "Let's make Batman! Let's make the Flash!" But no scripters writing a story for them to film. You gotta do the right process or you will wind up with a disaster
>>
>>88818961
>affleck doesn't want to do batman unless the script is perfect
>will go to Disney's Marvel's Studio where he would literally have zero control over the bland quip fest

please
>>
His attempts at making it perfect will only ruin the whole thing
>>
>Warner Bros cancels all future DC plans.
>Marvel announces Squadron Supreme film.
>Cavil cast as Hyperion and Afleck cast as Nighthawk.
>>
Trouble with the DCEU? Perish the thought.
>>
>>88816780
>>88818406

He's been saying it since at least October when he was on the press tour for the Accountant, and now he's saying it because he's on the press tour for Live By Night and people are still asking him questions about a movie that doesn't exist even in draft form.

>>88819047
No? No date has been set. Nobody's ever announced anything official about it, just their intention to make one with him at some future point.

>>88819266
They put Affleck and Johns on as writers knowing Affleck had two other movies to promote and JL to film and presumably fit his story around.

They knew he wouldn't have anything by now.

>>88819177
The article references another article from the same site which in turn references a Variety article, and a Guardian article.

Both the Variety and Guardian articles were part of the Live By Night press tour, likely conducted in early December before LA shut down for the holidays. At no point in either is Affleck directly quoted saying he expects to start shooting, only that (in the Variety article) "We’re on the right track with that and everything is coming together,” he said. “We’re still finishing up a script. I’m very excited.”

The Guardian article doesn't contradict this directly, but he says there "That’s the idea. But it’s not a set thing and there’s no script. If it doesn’t come together in a way I think is really great I’m not going to do it.”

Read carefully: these statements may have been made on the same day, a phonecall apart. In one he's saying there may be a script, in another he's saying there's no script at all. "Finishing up" may mean "we just started but I know everybody reads Variety in this town and nobody reads the Guardian, so I'm going to lie" or it may mean "we've just agreed on the first pre-shooting draft"; either way there's about a dozen major revisions to come before it's ready. There's no way to tell which interview he gave first.
>>
>>88819432
I really, really want them to cast Cavill as Wonder Man.

The washed-up actor who starts out as a villain is a perfect role for him. Sure they did those joke posters already, but Cavill would really be perfect for it.
>>
>>88819916
If Cavill is Wonder Man then who'd be Grim Reaper?
>>
>>88819945
at that stage just go balls to the wall and cast Michael Shannon

or mix it up with Antje Traue in the role
>>
>>88820042
Let's just go and cast the rest of the DC guys.

The Rock-The Champion
>>
>>88819266
They only have Goyer and Synder instead of a Feige to guide the cinematic universe so everything goes well.>>88819297
>>
>>88819297
Exactly. WB may put some restrictions (eg forcing Snyder to make BvS before Man of Steel 2) but they let you do whatever you want with those restrictions. The MCU studios control everything.
>>
File: CODE RED.png (145KB, 534x401px) Image search: [Google]
CODE RED.png
145KB, 534x401px
People have one foot out the door on this entire mess. Justice League will probably kill the DCEU. Aquaman was pushed back and Flash STILL doesnt have a director
>>
>>88819412
It worked great for BvS. Obviously critics don't like good products, but I'm glad it was made for me anyway. Too bad about the studio not making money though.
>>
>>88820201
>squad
>bvs
>flash
>wonder woman
>justice league

WB is much worse to work for than Marvel. At least Marvel gives their directors more freedom to create their own thing.
>>
>>88819878
>it's all bullshit, as usual
I wonder who is so interested in destroying WB/DC?
>>
File: 482.jpg (31KB, 275x410px) Image search: [Google]
482.jpg
31KB, 275x410px
>>88820240
>implying the MCU isn't the same old formula
Get a real job.
>>
>>88820119
I'm 75% sure Shazam is still going to happen. It won't be a DCEU film though since the DCEU will be dead by the time they start production
>>
>>88820204
Seriously what's happening with Flash? Isn't it supposed to start filming soon?

Did they delay it?
>>
>>88820272
The only movies that follow the same "formula" are Iron Man and Ant-Man.
>>
>>88820309
According to Forbes, yes

http://www.forbes.com/sites/markhughes/2016/12/15/the-batman-and-gotham-city-sirens-eye-2018-releases/#8e7c295b20ae
>>
>>88820288
Then the Rock can stay as Black Adam.
Let's have Cavil be Captain Marvel
>>
>>88820240
>At least Marvel gives their directors more freedom to create their own thing.
Source? The movies show otherwise. Snyder interviews show that he was given freedom. You got anything like that?
>>
>>88820246
To be honest as much as people love to blame Disney, I actually think the press are extremely intent on destroying WB/DC for some weird reason.

I've never seen such sharp, intense and unending vitriol for other studios.
>>
>>88820320
And to be fair, Ant-Man had to be rewritten a lot due to Edgar Wright's direction going nowhere for a lot of time, and thus Peyton Reed went with something similar to Iron Man (or maybe Wright's script was actually a clone of Iron man).

Does anybody know how much did the script got modified from the original plan?
>>
>>88820201
> but they let you do whatever you want with those restrictions.

DCfag delusion. Let's just ignore what happened with Suicide Squad.

You have no clue how Marvel works. They pitch comic movies to directors and then let the director pitch back what they want to do with the concept. It's how James Gunn got the Guardians of the Galaxy job, and he has more creative freedom than anyone at DC Films fight now.
>>
What the hell is with DC and their inability to make a fucking film that isn't a trainwreck?

I mean say what you want about Marvel but at least the movies are somewhat competent.

It's depressing.
>>
>>88820364
>The movies show otherwise.

Not really

Avenger 1 & 2 are very much Whedon
Iron Man 3 is very much Shane Black
Iron Man 1 & 2 very much Favreau
Cap 2 & 3 very much Russo's
Thor very much Kenneth Branagh
Ant-man very much Peyton Reed
Guardians 1 & 2 very much Gunn

Spider-man, Black Panther, Ragnarok all appear to be following suit.

Marvel studios just supports their film makers more that DC/WB. Time to deal with the facts anon.
>>
>>88820246
Well, based on evidence of recent years, Rupert Murdoch would do anything he can to try and reduce Time Warner's share price so that he can afford to take it over.

As far as bullshit goes, there's literally two interviews conducted in the past month in which Affleck says two conflicting things about the possible Batman movie, but in neither of them are they happy enough with their quotes to have him saying when it's happening. "In the spring" isn't a thing: it's January. In a couple of weeks it's going to be spring; you'd need to already have booked all your crew, started moving equipment out for location shoots, whatever. You can't just shoot a $200m budget on iPhones without permits or a studio/director/star-approved script. Filmmaking is a consensus operation with huge logistical challenges.

>>88820288
They've been saying it's going to happen for a decade now. I'm not holding my breath, especially since they kicked it over to New Line. Weird choice.

Might be a good "fresh-start" choice for a potential do-over though.

>>88820309
March, but with a release date that's up against the new Tomb Raider. The originals didn't do huge business, but who even fucking knows these days. If you were pitting Flash fans against Tomb Raider fans direct (and not involving casual audiences), I'd say the TR fans win out by numbers. As far as reputation... depends on how people feel about the DCEU by March 2018 (which is an optimistic date anyway and will likely change).
>>
>>88820432
Yeah there were some major changes

>Wright reportedly wanted a highly stylized, completely standalone movie, and rejected the revisions demanded by the studio.

>Wright's draft featured Scott Lang as a petty crook who's been arrested several times; Hank Pym as a mad scientist driven by ego; a love triangle between Scott, his ex-wife Maggie and his childhood friend Paxton; Darren Cross becoming the Nano Warrior; and minor roles for Hope Van Dyne and Scott's crew, which was comprised by eight criminals.

>Reed's revisions added Yellowjacket; the Quantum Realm; Hope, Luis, Kurt and Dave being prominent characters; Maggie and Paxton being minor characters; and Scott fighting the Falcon.

Also the first half of Wright's Ant-Man focused on Pym
>>
>>88820485

And Cap 1 very much Joe Johnston
>>
>>88820485
Iron Man 2 is the Marvel film with the most executive meddling though
>>
>>88820485
>>88820533

These are true.

It's more accurate to say Marvel picks film makers that they feel fit their universe best.
>>
>>88820461
To be perfectly fair to DC and Affleck here, there's no real story. People are desperate for the new Batman movie (which is good for WB, I guess) to do something... define the DCEU? Rescue it? Cap it off so we can all move on with our lives? and the reporting reflects that. As Affleck himself has said repeatedly, whenever he's asked about Batman and gives a noncommittal answer it gets written up as start date-script-release date, even though WB hasn't officially announced the movie and if anything has scaled back their plans (originally they were talking about three Batman solos, but there doesn't seem to be any space in their schedule for that inside of a reasonable timeframe).

Not damage control here (personally I don't think Affleck wants to continue in the role and, as he says, only took it for his son), just pointing out the facts. Clickbait ate itself and is currently hoovering up its own shit like candy, that's what this is.
>>
>>88816780

>trying to distance himself from the film already

Fuck, is it going to that bad?
>>
>>88820557

And yet still feels very much like a Favreau film. I'm not even mad about the meddling anymore 1: since they cooled down on it and Feige i in complete control. 2: Future films have nicely tied into it.
>>
>>88818406
How long do you really think he's gonna sit around and wait patiently for them to come up with a script that he likes?

After a certain number of years, people move the fuck on. That's why we never got a Superman movie in the 90's.
>>
>>88820519
Also, wasn't Wright's script making Pym a villain by the end or some shit too?
>>
>>88816823
>loosing
yikes
>>
>>88820485
I agree on Gunn, and Johnston but the rest are pretty slim or forced. Maybe Branagh since I've never seen any of his movies so I'll assume bland shit on a dutch angle is just his style.

But very much Peyton Reed? He's a fucking RomCom director and his most recognized work was Bring It On. Ant-Man was a heist action movie. It doesn't really fit side by side with The Break-Up or Liar Liar 2.

Watts makes dumb silly B-movies and Homecoming doesn't look anything like Cop Car or Clown. It looks more akin to an 80s John Hughes movie. Which is exactly what it's inspired by.

The Russos barely have a fucking style. They're comedy TV directors. Winter Solider isn't comparable to some episode of Community or You, Me, and Dupree past the bland TV show lighting all these movies have.

Shane Black witty style is only present because of the tone Favreau's Iron Man set, and Iron Man doesn't really feel like any of his other movies. And Iron Man 2 was a goddamn production nightmare. IM3 is a lot more somber than most of Shane Black's other movies too.

I'd say the first Avengers movie barely feels like a Whedon thing outside of killing off a beloved popular character. The characters quip but Widow is never elevated above the boys, nor AOU sure as fuck does however throughout since no one ever shuts up in it. It too was a nightmare as producers meddled with the film at various points forcing him to change his vision and plans.

All the movies watch more or less the same
>>
>>88820651
No the villain was always Darren Cross as Nano Warrior
>>
JUUUUUUST
>>
>>88818961
Enjoy your vacation, Disney shill.
>>
>>88819432
Marvel is already ripping off DC with their Thunderbolts movie, so If totally expect this kind of creative bankruptcy from them.
>>
>>88816780
Oh look, the Disney shills are pushing more fake news.
>>
File: 1452446215780.jpg (54KB, 540x472px) Image search: [Google]
1452446215780.jpg
54KB, 540x472px
>>88820240
>mcu
>freedom
>marvel fanboys will defend this
>>
>>88821476
>implying they don't do it for free
>>
>>88820240
>MCU
>Freedom

Are you retarded? They've lost a bunch of directors due to not allowing them and freedom.

With the MCU you have super strict rules you have to follow, which mostly consists of remaking Iron Man with a different skin.
>>
>>88816780
>WW gets mediocre reviews and box office
>JL gets panned and makes significantly less than BvS
>Affleck pulls out of doing The Batman
>DCEU scrapped
Based Affleck sacrificing his (no doubt huge) paycheck for all us DC fans.

Hopefully when they try again this time they put someone competent in charge and file a restraining order again Snyder and his wife.

You may have been a shit Batman Affleck, but I salute you for your sacrifice.
>>
>>88821414
>Thunderbolts movie

What Thunderbolts movie? What the fuck are you even talking about?
>>
>>88821458
>Flash had 3 directors drop, still no director
>wonder woman had a director drop, hired a yes broad that hasn't worked on a movie in over a decade
>squad director had 0 creative control
>snyder has no creative control over justice league
>aquaman director almost left

whew lad. DC/WB is trash.
>>
>>88821536
Marlel has been shilling the Thunderbolts recently, and they only do that when a movie is in the works.
>>
>>88819432
>Marvel announces Squadron Supreme film.
I fully believe that this will happen before WB makes a good DC film.

Honestly at this point WB should just license out the DC movie rights to Disney and Disney can license the Marvel comics rights to DC. Everybody wins.
>>
>>88821543
t.Disney shill
>>
>>88819447
>2017
>Boco still alive
>still posting on 4chan
SHUT IT!!
>>
>>88821568
But Marvel still hasn't made a good movie?

Iron Man wasn't any good the first time around and the 15 times they've remade it hasn't been any good either.
>>
So their universe is just going to implode soon?
>>
>>88821609
Edgy
>>
>>88816780
Isn't this old news?

Also, good on him - do it right or not at all
>>
jesus christ, everything that needed to be said, i already put here >>88818406 which was then expanded upon here >>88819878, thats all that needed to be said.

Why is /co/ so fucking autistic that they always fall for clickbait rumors, same shit with faraci's tales.
>>
File: 1465865334045.png (111KB, 556x253px) Image search: [Google]
1465865334045.png
111KB, 556x253px
>>88821766
>t-t-turn away
>>
>>88821644
Why are Disney shills so desperate?

There's only three goddamned movies. MoSa and BvS did fine and SS was a huge hit. Meanwhile at Marvel, Iron Man was a hit and Captain America and Hulk were both tremendous flops.

I mean I know Marvel fanboys have always been territorial and hated everything that isn't Marvel, but this kind detachment from reality is just too much. Do you really think that WB is just going to stop making movies to make Disney happy, especially if they're making tons of money?

For fuck's sake, there were Marvel fans on this very site trying to set up protests to chase people away from theaters where Suicide Squad was playing. You people are fucking damaged.
>>
>>88821766
>>88821849
Why are DCEUfags such fucking shills?

The DCEU is a fucking mess. The movies have been universally panned and you have no idea what you're doing Sirens and Squad movies before Flash even has a director or Green Lanterns even officially announced Better to kill it now and start again right this time.
>>
File: iron-02.jpg (182KB, 2593x1757px) Image search: [Google]
iron-02.jpg
182KB, 2593x1757px
>>88821849
>I mean I know Marvel fanboys have always been territorial and hated everything that isn't Marvel, but this kind detachment from reality is just too much.
>>
>>88821935
>Marvel fans are definitely not the ones flooding every Fox, Sony, and WB movie thread with "THEY SHOULD SELL TO MARVEL! STAN LEE IS OUR GOD AND BENDIS IS HIS PROPHET! DANCE OFF BRO!"

ok shill
>>
>>88821790
>>88821908
and then there's you fucks, gg.

Lantern will likely not happen for a long while thanks to the last try and Fumimya wanted to make a Flash film full of white cop on black kid social commentary. Did you really want that in any flash media?
>>
>>88821979
Because so far the movies have only been making money because they've been cashing in on hype and name recognition. If they continue to put out movies people don't like then then they're poisoning there brand and people won't believe the hype.
>y-you can't prove people didn't like them

>those terrible cinema scores
>those box office drops
>those reviews
You can stick your head in the sand all you want but it's an objective fact that the majority of the GA don't like the DCEU.

I wonder what your excuses will be when the first ever Justice League film doesn't even make 800 mil?
>>
>>88822062
>Fumimya wanted to make a Flash film full of white cop on black kid social commentary. Did you really want that in any flash media?

none of this is true
>>
>>88822062
Then WB are fucking more incompetent than I thought. They signed a director (the second for the movie) for a big budget movie without even knowing what his plans for it were before hand.

Seems to back up the "WB are reactionary as all hell" rumors.
>>
>>88822091
>those box office drops

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=weekly&id=marvel2016.htm
>Civil War
>59.3%

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=weekly&id=dc2016.htm
>Suicide Squad
>65.1%

I guess that 5% makes all the difference, huh?

You do realize that all Superhero movies have huge drops because they have huge openings, right? Turns out when everyone goes to see a movie on the first night, there's less people who need to see it the second week.
>>
>>88822122
>WB IS SHIT! THEY DONT GIVE DIRECTORS FREEDOM!
>But when they do, they're even more stupid!

Absolutely transparent Disniggery
>>
>>88821559
>a movie is in the works.

[Citation needed]
>>
>>88822122
its the exact reason they dropped him.

He was given creative control and he fucked it up.
>>
>>88822208
Leave this kind of stuff to people who not convenience store clerks son.

Suicide Squad had no kind of opposition in it's run and it was summer. There's a lot of things to take into consideration and yes, 5% on openings >100 million is kind of huge.
>>
>>88821543
>Flash had 3 directors drop
Well technically four. Chris Miller and Phillip Lord, Rick Famuyiwa, and Seth Grahame-Smith
>>
>>88822303
>no opposition

It was up against a shitload of animated movies, my ESL friend, kncluding an animated Disney movie.

The only reason Mouse shills claim it was "up against nothing" was that it blew the fuck out of everything else.
>>
>>88822231
>>88822278

>DCfags in charge of reading
>>
>>88822303
as opposed to CW coming out against what, Angry Birds?

>>88822477
quit baiting
>>
>>88822392
>It was up against a shitload of animated movies
Only Sausage Party and that was rated R.
>>
>>88822534
oi, story time somthing
>>
>>88822231
The fuck are you even talking about?

If they signed on Famuyiwa without even knowing what his vision for the film was first then they're objectively incompetent.
>>
>>88822548
Don't forget the box office smash that was Kubo. Or Pete's Dragon
>>
>>88822534
>Civil War had to contend with the intense competition of Angry Birds!
>SS was only up against Star Trek 3, Sausage Party, Pete's Dragon
>>
>>88822560
k, what do you want?
>>
>>88822208
I like how you conveniently left out BvS's historical drops. and even then I'm not just talking the 1st to 2nd weekend drops. BvS had no legs whatsoever.

Are you actually trying to say that the first ever movie starring the two biggest superheros of all time not even making 900 mil was a success? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>88822589
So you're saying that because SS beat a Disney movie, it doesn't count as competition? Would it only count as competition if Pete's Dragon beat SS?

>>88822548
And? Sausage Party was a big hit but didn't make as much as SS. At this point you're just bullshitting
>>
It's presumpous to call DC's movie universe doomed after only 3 movies. Give it more. Batman and Superman is safer to do because of how many casuals fans they have. But Wonder Woman? Aquaman? Cyborg? They're actual gambles and will be cinematic dumpster fires without a strong script.

The thing about Marvel is that they took and continue to take characters that casuals don't strongly like or recognize such as Thor, Iron Man, Dr. Strange, Ant-Man, Black Panther, Vision, Hawkeye, Black Widow, and utilize them well enough.

Compare that to Sony who took the Fantastic Four and Spider-man and took characters people know and run their franchises into the ground. Sony got lucky with X-men.
>>
>>88822608
Star Trek Beyond was in July and it flopped.
>>
>>88822612
anything
>>
>>88822672
>Compare that to Sony who took the Fantastic Four and Spider-man and took characters people know and run their franchises into the ground. Sony got lucky with X-men.
?
>>
>>88822672

All people want is a live action version of the DCAU cartoons.

>Why isn't green lantern black
>Why isn't cyborg with the teen titans
>Where is Martian Manhunter
>>
File: NUCLEAR.jpg (812KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
NUCLEAR.jpg
812KB, 1920x1080px
>>88816780
>Ben Affleck [...] might not direct 'The Batman'
This can't be happening.
>>
>>88822673
http://www.boxofficemojo.com/weekly/chart/?view=&yr=2016&wk=32&p=.htm

Jason Bourne was in Week 2 and Star Trek in week 3, and neither took away views from SS.
>>
>>88822745
>that worldwide box office for Beyond
It hurts
>>
File: 1483135614306.png (586KB, 637x510px) Image search: [Google]
1483135614306.png
586KB, 637x510px
>>88822640
Pete's Dragon wasn't as highly anticipated as Suicide Squad and early reviews said it was merely okay. So no it wasn't competition. That's why no one saw it.

Sausage Party was the closest thing to competition that Suicide Squad had.
>>
File: detective-259-03.jpg (557KB, 1200x1793px) Image search: [Google]
detective-259-03.jpg
557KB, 1200x1793px
>>88822690
k, have some old batman

>>88822736
it isnt dont worry
>>
File: detective-259-04.jpg (590KB, 1200x1763px) Image search: [Google]
detective-259-04.jpg
590KB, 1200x1763px
>>88822817
fuck did my trip go?
>>
File: detective-259-05.jpg (605KB, 1200x1769px) Image search: [Google]
detective-259-05.jpg
605KB, 1200x1769px
>>88822852
>>
>>88822727
In fairness, the DCAU was pretty entertaining, and made pretty good decisions when it came to adapting and distilling characters and stories.
>>
File: detective-259-06.jpg (595KB, 1200x1754px) Image search: [Google]
detective-259-06.jpg
595KB, 1200x1754px
>>88822881
>>
>>88822881
I would have enjoyed it more if he were worried that he'd forced to choose whether to run a red light or get caught by Batman
>>
>>88822817
>>88822852
So you were samefagging in this thread? Typical.
>>
File: no plz.jpg (534KB, 1988x955px) Image search: [Google]
no plz.jpg
534KB, 1988x955px
>>88816780

but ... but this contradicts what the WB insider posted here earlier today!

how can this be!
>>
File: detective-259-07.jpg (663KB, 1200x1779px) Image search: [Google]
detective-259-07.jpg
663KB, 1200x1779px
>>88822911
out of interest why did the DCAU stop with jla?
>>
>>88822943
Hey man, we're getting a storytime from this guy.
>>
>>88822943
>>
File: detective-259-08.jpg (574KB, 1200x1752px) Image search: [Google]
detective-259-08.jpg
574KB, 1200x1752px
>>88822921
this era of batman is comfy as fuck
>>
File: detective-259-09.jpg (531KB, 1200x1767px) Image search: [Google]
detective-259-09.jpg
531KB, 1200x1767px
>>88823059
>>
>>88823059
>didn't make his henchmen dress up

immersion lost.
>>
File: detective-259-10.jpg (614KB, 1200x1755px) Image search: [Google]
detective-259-10.jpg
614KB, 1200x1755px
>>88823078
if you hadent yet guessed this is the first appearance of calendar man, but i dont think he gets his classic red and white outfit till much later down the line
>>
>>88816780
Much like his other "masterpieces" he won't put his name on it unless someone else does all the work for him AND it's good.
>>
File: detective-259-11.jpg (611KB, 1200x1759px) Image search: [Google]
detective-259-11.jpg
611KB, 1200x1759px
>>88823098
>implying smartly dressed mobsters arent aesthetic as fuck
for shame anon
>>
>>88819432
>afleck
Not black and racist enough.
>>
File: detective-259-12.jpg (518KB, 1200x1764px) Image search: [Google]
detective-259-12.jpg
518KB, 1200x1764px
>>88823136
cast calendar man in the dceu
>>
File: detective-259-13.jpg (612KB, 1200x1781px) Image search: [Google]
detective-259-13.jpg
612KB, 1200x1781px
>>88823166
>>
>>88822764
It was an open secret that ST3 was being put out to die. It had very little marketing. The unexpected thing was that it actually ended up good, but the previous 2 movies had already burned out fans' willingness to give the series a shot.

It's really sad.

>>88822783
>Early reviews said it was okay

Nigger they shilled the ever loving fuck out of that piece of shit.

>“Pete’s Dragon sets an ideal standard for what Hollywood should be doing in the remake realm. In capturing childlike wonder through Pete’s eyes, this film has more than a few heartbreaking moments regarding the definition of a home and the people (or fantastical creatures) that give it life. And by keeping things relatively small-scale, David Lowery’s studio debut retains a personal touch with an unceasing supply of magic running through its lovable, full-hearted soul.”

>“Aside from its title and broad premise, David Lowery’s film is just a make, or a boot, with its own beguiling aura of sun-bathed, mud-spattered nostalgia and soul-soothing folk tale to tell. In fact, it’s a vastly superior film to the fondly remembered but badly dated original.”
>>
File: detective-259-14.jpg (536KB, 1200x1763px) Image search: [Google]
detective-259-14.jpg
536KB, 1200x1763px
>>88823185
>>
wtf dc sucks always.
>>
File: detective-259-01.jpg (672KB, 1200x1741px) Image search: [Google]
detective-259-01.jpg
672KB, 1200x1741px
and heres the cover i forgot to post

>>88823198
Pete's Dragon was a decent kids film to be honest
>>
File: 1446087154663.png (218KB, 630x630px) Image search: [Google]
1446087154663.png
218KB, 630x630px
>>88816780

It probably seemed like a great idea to him until the DCEU turned out to be a dumpster fire. I wouldn't be surprised if he fulfilled his minimum contractual obligations and got the fuck out.
>>
>>88816780
What do you think Chris Evans thinks of this?
Maybe funny?
>>
>>88823246
thanks for the storytime
>>
>>88822727
All I want is a proper live action version of the characters and world.

Having the first ever live action cinematic connected DC universe be all basically one man's VERY different than the norm vision is fucking insane.
>step one look through comics
>step two find best/most liked versions of character and stories
>step three boil down/condense those stories into movies
It's not fucking rocket science.
>>
>>88821501
If we're being completely honest here, I think that WB/DC needs to enact that same level of control if they honestly want a movie worth talking about.

I mean, as much as people like John K. and George Lucas shit on executive meddling, sometimes that executives need to put their foot down just to get a coherant product that meets all its deadlines.

If directors truly wanted freedom then crowdfunding sites like kickstarter and patreon would be right up their alley, but they won't, because they'd be trading in millions for tens of thousands and these people are too greedy to deny executives what they want, even if they're ultimately against what the big wigs wanted.

Also, if we're being straight, didn't DC lose a shitload of directors for the majority of their planned DCEU movies? If they had freedom, they wouldn't have walked.
>>
>>88823333

Snyder didn't direct SS or Wonder Woman.
>>
>Flash has multiple directors
>"OMG WE IS FINISHED DC IS EPIC FAIL!"
>Black Panther has multiple directors
>silence
>>
>>88818961

tHIS
>>
>>88823572
>Black Panther has multiple directors
?
>>
>>88823526
No but he was/is an EP and from everything we've heard the DCEU is based on his vision as a whole.
>>
>>88823526
Snyder wrote the story for Wondy. Last time he had a hand in the story, we got Sucker Punch
>>
>>88823699
Tim Burton was EP on Batman Forever and it was nothing like the Burton movies.
>>
>>88820557
That explains why it's the worst one.
>>
>>88823599
They went through 3 directors in the talks before they got the latest guy.
>>
>>88823572
Well that wasn't anywhere near filming it was just vetting. And the person picked decided not to pursue directing the film.
>>
>>88823801

So they hired only 1 director. Got it.
>>
>>88823801
So they only hired one guy out of the possible three that they felt were fit for the job, which makes sense.
>>
File: when the script hits just right.jpg (41KB, 257x308px) Image search: [Google]
when the script hits just right.jpg
41KB, 257x308px
>>88819412
Why is this a bad thing? He's pushing for something he believes will be worthwhile or his movie won't happen.

It's better than WB's idiot mentality of just going ahead with things without having that solid foundation.
>>
>>88823855
Because nobody else would touch the thing.
>>
>>88823744
There's EP's and then there's EP's. Snyder is actually involved with all the DCEU. Are actually trying to say he had nothing to do with any other films?
>>
File: 1367204828350.png (144KB, 446x726px) Image search: [Google]
1367204828350.png
144KB, 446x726px
>yfw they're using Deathstroke as the villain
>>
>>88824024

that would imply Marvel hired them. Which isn't the case. Finding a director requires you talk to many people to see if they work. The directors for flash were hired. They saw it was shit. And bounced.

DC/WB is just a trash studio.
>>
>>88824125
>DC/WB is just a trash studio.
Can you explain why? Suicide Squad was a movie for dummies but Man of Steel and Batman v Superman are fantastic.
>>
>>88824392
>Man of Steel and Batman v Superman

Both of these are trash
>>
>>88824419
You're a butthurt atheist that gets triggered by the bible. They're beautiful movies and I'm sorry you can't appreciate them.
>>
>>88824454
>this ass blasted

kek
>>
>>88819412
It's better than just jamming multiple storylines and shotgunning the results hoping that something sticks.
>>
>>88823198
I wouldn't say STB was good but it was a move in the right direction. I'm hoping ST D manages to save the franchise
>>
>>88824392
All three of those movies were trash.

Suicide only succeeded as well as it did because they pushed Batman, Harley Quinn, and the Joker in the ads leading up to its release.

MoS ruined Superman's character, turning him from a proactive justice seeking idealist to an autist who only does anything if someone else tells him what to do.

BvS juggled too many plot threads and ended up dropping every single one of them. Who the fuck introduces Doomsday and kills off Superman by the second movie when the movie could've easily been MoS 2 w/ Lex Luthor as the main villain hoping to discredit Superman for petty reasons.

And I can say this as a casual comic reader, nobody gives a shit about WW, Aquaman, Flash, or any of the other solo movies that they're pushing. I can't even say that I'm looking forward to Justice League all that much either since everyone they've introduced has had their characters assassinated and end up looking flat by the end of the movie.
>>
>>88820361
>wanting mopey Billy Bats
No
>>
Wait did they seriously not have a script this whole time?

Was it not automatically confirmed Affleck would be directing? I thought it was
>>
>>88824392
Because Disney pays me more.
>>
>>88824772
They should have never given the franchise to Jew Jew. Star Wars fans need to stay far away from Star Trek.
>>
>>88825450
Cavill is only mopey when he's told to

Wait till he has another director like Gadot
>>
File: 1449632471086.gif (2MB, 300x243px) Image search: [Google]
1449632471086.gif
2MB, 300x243px
>>88821766

>words that came from Affleck's actual mouth

>clickbait rumors
>>
>>88827383
He's the resident DCIDF member
>>
>>88821766>>88822062
>>88822278
Why is it always THIS namefag I find defending the DCEU? Is this legit or advanced shitposting?
>>
>>88821439
What's fake about it?
>>
> Now DCEU apologists will have to pretend that they don't care for Afleck and never thought he was that good a director int he first place.
>>
>This guys used to own Hollywood by the balls
>This guys used to be the big shot, the magnum opus in quality, the award eaters, the boss and the trickster at the same time
>Disney could do animation and shit, they still would be the Casablanca guys
>They used to BE Hollywood
>Now they rival Sony in incompetence minus the part of making money
>They hire retards and pretentious insane idiots like the
the Wachowskis to waste their money on choices that don't make any sense, and ignore any help from competent people
>Now they do what? Sitcoms?

The emblem used to be gold, now is rusty

Now i get it
>>
>>88827465
Having a contrary opinion isn't shitposting. At most, he's optimistic and we'll find out in a couple movies whether DCEU can keep competing with Marvel or if it's set to crash and burn.

I really WANT DC to make good movies and I want Marvel to take more risks.
>>
>>88827587
K I N O
I
N
O
>>
>>88827606
Anon, this attention whore has lurked in nearly every DCEU Ive seen and will do more mental gymnastics than Dick Grayson fucking Miss Martian in order to defend the DCEU. Which I feel stupid even bringing attention to him but its getting fucking creepy now.
>>
Is it me or is the whole DCEU spinning out of control at a pretty ridiculous rate?

No one wanted to believe the early news that Skwad would suck, but sure enough, it was a mess now we have all kinds of bad news about Wonder Woman, Flash and now the Batman.

>>88827566
Already happening in this thread. The same people who once praised afleck as the savior of the DCEU and the only good thing in BVS are now throwing him under the buss.

>>88827606
The real question will come with Wonder Woman and future films that aren't propped up on Supes, Batman and Harley Quinn/Joker. Given how big cape flicks are now I doubt they'll flop, but definitely underperform.

>>88827621
But what he's saying isn't wrong.
>>
>>88827665
Nah, that's Spoiler
>>
>>88827691
Its honestly 50/50 at this point
>>
>>88820485
This.
>>
>>88819266
When they had scripts they hired Goyer.
>>
>>88827678
But you know what the sad thing is anon? WB is struggling with the base Justice League roster, so any chance of seeing B-C lister heroes is out the fucking window. Red Tornado? Dr Fate? Blue Beetle? Forget that ever happening
>>
>>88827762
Meanwhile Marvel is pumping out stuff like Ant-Man, Doctor Strange and Black Panther and are making them household names.
>>
>>88827678
>Is it me or is the whole DCEU spinning out of control at a pretty ridiculous rate?

Nah, you're just reading a bunch of clickbait articles. If you actually believe that you probably also think there's a Democratic child sex ring run out of pizzerias.
>>
>>88827788
>shit_that_didn't_happen.txt

They also made Hulk and Thor into jokes so badly that they've been eliminated from the comics.
>>
>>88827798
You mean like how the one WB staffer who said Suicide Squad was being corporately meddled with and re-edited into a lighter toned movie was clickbait too?

Guess what, it turned out true. Just like this will, just like they all will. Fuck, can't even keep track of all the different kinds of things they've claimed the Wonder Woman movie was supposed to be up to this point.
>>
>>88827820
Speaking of shit that didn't happen...
>>
File: 1476286848084.jpg (299KB, 772x996px) Image search: [Google]
1476286848084.jpg
299KB, 772x996px
>>88827798
>>
>>88827820
>shit_that_didn't_happen.txt
What? People were talking about Ant-Man for weeks after it came out, and loved him in Civil War. Doctor Strange is STILL being talked about and did incredibly well at the box office and Black Panther didn't even appear in a solo and people already think he's badass.

Hulk and Thor are still loved and people asking where they were in Civil War proved that.

Stay deluded.
>>
File: 1476302035664.jpg (89KB, 720x1040px) Image search: [Google]
1476302035664.jpg
89KB, 720x1040px
>>
>>88816780
But isn't he screenwriter for Batman's movie?
>>
God , you people are retards
>>
>>88827820
The fact that normies even give a shit about Ant Man and Strange is a goddamn miracle on its own. Also, Marvel comics have gone to shit on their own without the aid of the MCU, So heres a (you) faggot
>>
>>88827798
But Pizzagate is real.
>>
>>88827920
Well part of it was them hiring Rudd and Cumberbatch, of course, considering they are incredibly liked and popular actors, but they were good choices as well.
>>
>>88827915
Maybe if people spouted this FUDD every movie only to be proven wrong (you know, like the DCEU apologists insisting every upcoming MCU movie will bomb), but so far there's been zero evidence that any of this news for any of these DCEU movies up until this point has been fake or wasn't plain to see in the final product.
>>
>>88827965
>Muh console wars

Please neck yourself
>>
>>88827820
>11+ million views
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_v76eV55B8&t=116s&index=5&list=PL3t6ToE_EmAsSbh37ZQf1fG3mHUlnn56U

>18.5+ million views
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVnBBjjjAnY&list=PL3t6ToE_EmAsSbh37ZQf1fG3mHUlnn56U&index=137

A fucking Thor skit with Banner and Thor has more people excited than the latest WW trailer...
>>
>>88827885
>Doctor Strange is still being talked about
Nobody was even talking about that piece of shit when it was still out, and it did worse than Winter Soldier (which also underperformed)

And who are these mythical Black Panther fans? Is this like how people applaud Riri, Kamala, and Carol for being women or minorities and then don't buy their books? Because of course people are going to say they're excited for a black character, but nobody is actually going to go see it.
>>
>>88827920
people don't give a shit about them
they give a shit about the next Marvel movie and nothing more, Ant Man and all the others aren't going to leave a mark in the long term
>>
File: 1396599533005.gif (3MB, 300x273px) Image search: [Google]
1396599533005.gif
3MB, 300x273px
>>88828046
That mark Man of Steel left "in the long term" was a blemish.
People came, saw and enjoyed Ant-Man, and we didn't have to have 3500 Apologists Headcanon threads about it.
>>
>>88828045
>By November 27, 2016, the film had become the biggest single-character introduction film in the MCU.
All my normie fans were raving about the movie as well.

Black Panther, whether you like it or not, was made into a household name as well.

Jesus you're deluded.
>>
>>88827989
Don't pretend that comparison between the two hasn't been the pretext of every apologist argument in this thread or that the issue hasn't already brought up multiple times.

It's not even a matter of fanboyism or preference in brand at this point, but just a plain irrefutable fact that one methodology is utterly failing and one is succeeding regardless who or what company is behind it.

>>88828045
There is a world outside of 4chan and your immediate friend group. The fact that you're talking about Dr. Strange right now only furthers the erroneous nature of your claim.

>>88828046
Well people certainly won't be arguing over how much they did or didn't suck like with MOS & BVS for the next decade if that's what you mean.
>>
>>88828038
That's just show how DCEU fucked up the most iconic characters of superior universe. When even literal "boring shit the character" is more popular than trailer of one of the trinity. DCEU is definition of failure and wasted potential.
>>
>>88828081
*friends
>>
>>88828092
> superior universe
Only the Vertigo dark fantasy stuff with Sandman, Hellblazer and Lucifer is superior to Marvel, the rest of DC is lame.
>>
>>88828081
>it's the biggest movie ever starring Bendeydick Cumberbund based on a Disney's Marvel property

Oh, so that's like how Ghostbusters was Paul Fiege's highest grossing movie, right? As long as you obscure the facts you can make anything sound good.

>Black Panther was made into a household name

Really? When was this?
>>
>>88828092
>DCEU is definition of failure and wasted potential.

DCU or Fox-men?
>>
>>88828146
>Marlel
>any good at all

My sides are in orbit. Even their golden boy Spider-man has been unreadable for the last 30 years.
>>
File: 0GIF.gif (3MB, 220x115px) Image search: [Google]
0GIF.gif
3MB, 220x115px
>>88828147

>this delusion
>>
File: Wolverine Jackman.jpg (275KB, 1280x660px) Image search: [Google]
Wolverine Jackman.jpg
275KB, 1280x660px
>>88828154
Fox-Men is the definition of doing the same thing over and over and over again til no one likes it anymore.
>>
>>88828147
>Oh, so that's like how Ghostbusters was Paul Fiege's highest grossing movie, right? As long as you obscure the facts you can make anything sound good.
No, it means Strange is popular now though. Keep moving the goalposts like the retard you are.

>Really? When was this?
When the multitude of people went out and saw Civil War and thought Black Panther was badass.
>>
>>88828038
that's because no one gives a shit about Wonder Woman
not even DC fans

she shouldn't even ben part of the Trinity
>>
>>88828195
B-but she's a girl!
>>
>>88828146
>I haven't read anything but edgykid's starter pack
I got ya, mate
>>88828154
Well, X1 - good movie. X2 - great movie (for capeshit). X3- meh mess like AoU or BvS. Same with new trillogy. Memepool is popular and pretty much accurate to matherial. Logan looks promising. Fox doing pretty well.
>>
>>88828046
People will briefly talk about what they like but theyll never shut the fuck up about what they hate
>>
>>88828147
>>88828173
Oh I think we triggered one of them guys. Get ready for meltdown spamming.
>>
>>88828218
>edgykid's starter pack
But I've never even laid a finger on Spawn.
>>
>>88828077
Batman and Superman are cultural icons, that's why it doesn't matter who they cast or what happens.

Meanwhile Marvel has to put meme actors to play their characters because it's the only way to keep people interested.
>>
File: 1480772266261.gif (3MB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1480772266261.gif
3MB, 400x400px
>>88828275
> If I just keep using the word "meme" I don't need to have a real argument.

Stay mad anon.
>>
>>88828275
Are you implying Paul Rudd, Benedict Cumberbatch or Chadwick Boseman are bad actors?

Jesus christ.
>>
>>88821524
>Based Affleck sacrificing his (no doubt huge) paycheck for all us DC fans.

Yeah, I don't really see that happening. The Batman gig is Affleck getting the same deal with Warner Bros. that Nolan had during the Dark Knight trilogy, basically having the approval to make whatever one or two of his own solo directorial projects before doing another capeshit movie. Hence why you are able get away with doing bootlegger period gangster movie with a whopping 65 million budget in today's Hollywood, with Affleck arguably being the only big name actor on the movie.
>>
>>88818406
How the fuck hard is it to write just rip from UtRH animated or something, that worked fine.
>>
>>88828310
Actually, they are. Except cuckumber. He is good as a villain.
>>
>>88828324
As hard as write just rip from Assault on Arkham or actual Squad comics. They can't do shit, mate. Haven't you noticed? They have TONS of fucking great metherial and yeat they making meh mediocre flicks.
>>
>>88828328
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Someone call NASA, I think my Kidneys are in low-Earth orbit.
>>
>>88828305
>>88828310
>Cumberpatch
>not a meme actor

this delusion
bet you fags think that Mads isn't a meme too
>>
>you will never enjoy a light hearted Superman film about Clark doing his routine and occasionally saving the world with the power of love and friendship in this decade

The worst part is that Henry was the perfect fit for the role
>>
>>88828328
>they are
>cuckumber

I'm not even trying to argue with you anymore, you're just a memer.

>>88828371
I think neither are meme actors, both have showed countless times they're good actors.

Nice ignoring the other two.
>>
>>88828392
They are good actors who also turned into meme actors thanks to Sherlock and Hannibal.
>>
>>88828392
being a good actor has nothing to do with it
>>
>>88828370
Cuckumber was pretty good in Star Trek, don't you think?
>>88828392
Why? Paul Radd is actual Adam Sendler-tier actor from retarded comedies for teens while negro guy was never in a good movie, playing shitty roles in shitty movies.
>>
>>88828371
>I don't watch anything live action but I base all my opinions around disliking what I heard tumblr likes
>>
>>88828371
>>88828440
> EVERYTHING IS MEME!!!!

I think your autism has reached escape velocity.

>>88828418
How is that a "meme". Do you even know what that word means or are you just using incorrectly as a stand-in for "popular"?

>>88828425
Then why bring it up?
>>
>>88828375
It's probably because he barely has any fucking lines to say, the most memorable being a fucking meme, SAVE MARTHA!
>>
>>88828452
What "meme" are you even talking about, mate? Paul Radd and other guy never were in a good movie and played joke roles.
>>
>>88828472
>Clueless
>bad
Pick one
>>
Look out guys, this apologist's goal post has nitrous. You'll be chasing his arguments forever if you try to respond to him.
>>
>>88828452
because they are cast only because they are popular
sometimes it happens to good actors but sometimes happens to people like Samuel Jackson, JLaw, etc.

they are there for face recognition not for their quality

meanwhile you can cast literally who for Superman and Wonder Woman and people are still interested
>>
>>88828472
The meme where you meme about how much memeing is used in meme movies which you pretend meme better than other movies because of meme actors who meme less than other memers.
>>
>>88828486
How does that warrant the use of the term "meme?"

Doesn't that make Ben Afleck a Meme actor too then or are only allowed to decide who is or isn't a Meme actor?
>>
>>88818406
didn't Kevin Smith say this about things too?
>>
>>88828480
>brainless
>good
Pick one.
>>
>>88828486
Benedict Cumberbatch is an actually good actor and good Strange, so no, your argument doesn't quite work.

>meanwhile you can cast literally who for Superman and Wonder Woman and people are still interested
Yeah, that's why there were constant discussions on whether both's actors were good choices.

You're a retard.
>>
>>88828511
Ben Afflek is an accomplished actor with various different roles who didn't rise to popularity thanks to tv shows or videogames

>>88828524
back to tumblr with your Sherlock meme actor
>>
>>88828546
Keep that Goal Post moving bruh.
>>
>>88828546
You're starting to lose your composure.
>>
>Ben Affleck
>Will Smith
>Leto
>Fucking Snyder
>Margot
>Cara
>Jew Woman
>Khal Momoa

Aren't these memes too? Just because some of this bunch are actually decent actors / did some awesome jobs it does not mean they aren't memes

Snyder's name alone was heavier than RDJ was before Iron Man since he was on the bottom of the ostracism
>>
>>88828546
Cumberbatch was GOOD in Sherlock you dumbass, that's why he's liked. Not even counting his accomplished theater history, he has Amazing Grace, 12 Years A Slave, Black Mass under his relatively short movie career. and his other countless TV appearances under his belt.

Fuck off.
>>
>>88828586
I knew of Robert Downey Jr because of his Sherlock
I'd never heard of Snyder
>>
>>88828586
The only memes here are
>Sndyder (grimdark meme)
>Will Smith (WE WUZZ meme)
>Gadot (jew meme)
>>
>>88828599
See that's the problem, you actually watch the movies and show you're talking about. You're using facts to base your opinions on, it's like a language he doesn't understand. Just call everything you don't like a "meme" and blame it on tumblr.

>>88828603
Even though Sherlock didn't come out until after Iron Man?

>>88828615
Afleck was a fucking meme for the better part of the last 15 years. Leto became a meme because of his role in Skwad. And Momoa is the poster child for tryhard rebranding of a character's image everyone thinks is lame to look like a bad Stone Cold Steve Austin parody.
>>
>>88828568
I didn't move a single goal post
>>88828579
>y-you are losing your composure
Kek
>>88828599
No one gave a fuck about him until he became a meme, same for Mads.

>theater
Yeah, I am sure those ten people that knew him from there liked him too.

Now go back to your tumblr to post about him since you are clearly so fond of him.
>>
>>88828655
>s-stop arguing with the guy who says things are a meme!
>Afflek is a meme! Leto si a meme! etc.

hilarious
>>
>>88828655
Affleck never was a meme. He was considered as bad actor before 2010, that's all. Leto is meme now, yeah.
>everyone thinks is lame
Normies are not everyone, mate.
>>
>>88821766
>Why is /co/ so fucking autistic that they always fall for clickbait rumors

Because people like whining and bitching, especially when it's done in a communal mob mentality echo chamber style. Did this election circle not teach you anything?
>>
>>88828665
>No one gave a fuck about him until he became a meme, same for Mads.
No.

>theater
>Yeah, I am sure those ten people that knew him from there liked him too.
Theater in Britain is very, VERY popular.

>Now go back to your tumblr to post about him since you are clearly so fond of him.
Tumblr isn't an argument.

Fuck off.
>>
>>88828195
Dick Grayson will rejoin the group when he wears his green underwear again.
>>
File: 1461242383818.png (586KB, 755x975px) Image search: [Google]
1461242383818.png
586KB, 755x975px
>>88828665
> my opinions are right because my opinion of this is negative and so these other opinions I have...

I don't think you get how constructive arguments are supposed to work.

>>88828687
> What is pointing out the hypocrisy in dubious
> What is putting words in other people's mouths to try and re-contextualize discourse in your favor?

>>88828701
Southpark and all other popular media disagrees. A meme isn't just something that's liked or popular, it can also be things that are notorious (i.e. Afleck). If nothing else the DCEU appologists made Afleck a meme if irrational praise of someone is your definition of the term.
>>
>>88828704
>No
Yes.

>theater in Britain is very, VERY popular

Top fucking kek, no one cares. What's that? Not even 10 million people on a global scale?
This is like people arguing that Mads was popular in whatever irrelevant country he is from before becoming the meme actor he is now.
>>
>>88828752
>Top fucking kek, no one cares. What's that? Not even 10 million people on a global scale?
This is like people arguing that Mads was popular in whatever irrelevant country he is from before becoming the meme actor he is now.
Americans everyone.
>>
>>88828735
Damn, that pic defines these cinema universes perfectly.
>Marlel actors having all the fun adapting their pathetic sjwverse into something popular and beloved
>DC actors fucking depressed because they were involved into desecration of superior and great universe which is hated literally by everyone except snyderfags
>>
>>88816780

>Ben Affleck judging quality

O' I'm 'avin' a laugh
>>
>>88828752
Wow that Goal post went by so fast it blew my hat off.

> "Nobody cares about said actor before this"
> "Actually alot of people did"
> "Those people don't count, fuck them."

Yes, this is actually classic "Goalpost moving".

In much the same way that trying to use "meme" and "tumblr" as arguments then using irrelevant points and baseless claims to defend said usage by attack the after-the-fact subpoints and extraneous issues.
>>
>>88828176
This.
All that universe just to always end up making Magneto the bad guy.
>>
>>88828811
>he was relevant in this small sealed bubble and only become internationally know because of this tv show, this somehow proves he is not a meme actor!

You are really getting desperate now.
>>
>>88822672
>The thing about Marvel is that they took and continue to take characters that casuals don't strongly like or recognize such as Thor, Iron Man, Dr. Strange, Ant-Man, Black Panther, Vision, Hawkeye, Black Widow, and utilize them well enough.

They were forced to do it initially, and managed to do it successfully enough that they became the current the zeitgeist of capeshit, largely due to lack of competition and people handwaving issues because muh avengers hype. In retrospect aside from Iron Man, their biggest hit only to Iron Man 2 until Avengers, a lot of their early movies aren't even that good or memorable.
>>
>>88828854
Says the person who's arguments have gone from "tumblr" and "meme" to single sentence "nuh-uh" posts.
>>
>>88828870
Cap 1 is still a phase one fan favorite among many comic fans and second only to Iron Man with casuals.
>>
>>88828889
I have already explained my point multiple times and in an exhaustive way while you are still crying about it and denying the truth.
>>
>>88828790
I'm sorry that your mental illness has rendered you incapable of perceiving the world through any lens but one clan of internet virgins vs another
I'm so sorry
>>
>>88828956
>taling about virgins on /co/
Good one.
Also, I'm don't care about company wars. But current marvel universe is literally pathetic sjw garbage, while DC saving capeshit comics from extinction
>>
>>88828045
>(which also underperformed)
The fucking irony in a DCEUfag saying a Marvel movie underperformed.
>>
>>88828989
Yes, I am sure they ended up in Marvel movies for their acting qualities and not because their names and faces had a pull on people.
>>
>>88828925
Yes, by claiming said movies don't count because the actors were "meme actors". A completely substance-less and baseless accusation and mitigating factor.

All you did was create your own imaginary standard for why something doesn't count as being popular (despite that the fact it was popular) then tried to force it on everyone else by using "meme" and "tumblr" adnauseum.
>>
>>88829009
Except DC's sales have plummeted back to pre-Rebirth numbers which means they're making even less money now given that they've slashed floppy costs. And while I give DC props for going back to the basics, it's not like they're actually putting out anything that will become a must have trade to own decades from now. Neither company is doing anything to reverse the declining trend of comics and so long as distribution remains the sole mitigating factor, neither of them ever will.
>>
>>88829036
Generally good actors stay away from superhero movies.
>>
>>88829036
And if they did that would prove what exactly? Just because a popular actor is int a movie doesn't mean that's the only reason the movie was popular or praised. Skwad is proof of that.

Your arguments really have no basis.
>>
>>88829101
Well, I was talking about quality, actually. I don't give a shit about sales.
>>
If Marvel just wanted to stuff their movies will well-known names to sell tickets they could've just gone with actors like Will Smith or Ben Afleck.

inb4 Nicholas Cage is cast as someone in the DCEU.
>>
File: 1463025265271.png (433KB, 699x707px) Image search: [Google]
1463025265271.png
433KB, 699x707px
>>88816780

It's going to be hilarious when this shit flops. Once again confirming why the man-children who still read comic books are barely more than marginalized caricatures of themselves. But instead of admitting you've become the most beta of betas, you'll complain for years how "good it was" and how "tasteless" the general public is in desperate attempts to try and divert away from the soul crushing realization that you've wasted your lives on mind-numbing drivel originally designed to entertain teenage boys.
>>
>>88829206
>inb4 Nicholas Cage is cast as someone in the DCEU.
>TELL ME
>DO YOU
>BLEEEEEEEEEEEEEED?
Fuck man I'd pay to watch that
>>
>>88829169
Again, quality doesn't mean much when DC's only real accomplishment with Rebirth is "Hey, it doesn't suck any more, it's actually readable now!" And even if you disagree they aren't effecting any greater trend outside of DC so your claim of them saving comics is purely baseless since the Indies have been putting out superior material for years now.

All DC did was go back to regurgitating the same damn stories once more with less fail while Marvel continues to chase phantom demographics and the Indies continue to be the superior sauce.
>>
>>88829234
>Implying more than a half titles of rebirth isn't good to great
Also
>Indies
>being any good
Can you name, at least, few?
>>
>>88829206
Nick cage as maxwell lord.
>>
>>88829169
they addressed quality. all the good DC stuff right now is outside Rebirth
>>
>>88829124
The point is that they are there because they are meme actors who attract people and that's why they are overused and everywhere.

Like Will Smith, Samuel L, Morgan Freeman etc.
>>
>>88829219
Riddler?
>>
>>88829259
Again, good or great are relative when the only comparison is the mistake that was the Nu52 and Marvel's All-New All-Different.

Also, opinions. If sales don't matter to you then that's all you're left with, opinions. And opinions prove nothing and mean nothing.

Like I said, props to DC for going back to the basics, it's just a shame they're so bad at doing anything new.
>>
File: 1444608008267.jpg (554KB, 762x925px) Image search: [Google]
1444608008267.jpg
554KB, 762x925px
>>88829219

BvS starring

>Nick Cage as Batman
>Nick Cage as Superman
>Nick Cage as Luthor
>Nick Cage as Perry White
>Nick Cage as the Flash
>Nick Cage as Doomsday
>>
>>88829295
Can someone define ''meme actor'', and why adding the word meme is now used to describe absolutely fucking everything?
>>
>>88829310
meme = anything I don't like
>>
File: 1459567260248.jpg (31KB, 400x453px) Image search: [Google]
1459567260248.jpg
31KB, 400x453px
>>88829310
>needing the "meme" meme explained to you
>>
>>88829286
And how long with that last? How did it save comics? If sales have fallen back to original levels then does "quality" matter? I'm sure you thought the Nu52 was god tier as well until Rebirth gave you the comfort zone to admit it wasn't.

>>88829295
Or maybe Samuel L. Jackson insisted on having the role of Fury since the Ultimates version was based on him anyway.

>>88829310
Autism.
>>
>>88829286
>what is Superman
>what is GA
>what is Deathstroke
>what is RHatO
Dude, have you even read anything from Rebirth?
>>
>>88829310
Maybe you should lurk moar before questioning 4chan terminology if you are new here

p.s.
lurk moar means lurk more
>>
>>88829346
>>88829316
I think he was pointing out the asinine absurdity of the term usage rather than asking a legitimate question.
>>
>>88829307
Batman and Robin
>Cage as Batman
>Cage as Robin
>Cage as Gordon
>Cage as Ivy
>Cage as BANE
>Schwarzenegger as Mr. Freeze
>Cage as Hockey thugs
>Cage as plant thugs
>>
>>88829310
Jesse Eisenberg, maybe Jared Leto but they cut him out so much that maybe his method acting worked but no one ever got to see it.
>>
>>88829298
>Making comics good doesn't mean shit
>Only sales matter!
I still wait for "good" indie which also sales great
>>
>>88829373
>his method acting

is it true he pissed on Margot Robbie and mailed Will Smith a box full of dog shit
>>
>>88829111
That's not true at all.
>>
>>88829385
And thus you made my point for me. Quality doesn't save comics, sales do. My bringing up the superiority of indies was only to further outline your tenuous and biased grasp of the reality.
>>
>>88829385
Sales don't mean much, comics no matter the quality are dying and going to die. No one's paying ~$4 for shit they can read online in the form of webcomics, or graphic novels that are easier to collect and more self contained and not spread across years and different series.
>>
>>88829426
I guess I needed to say exacty
>DC comics saving comics from being utter trash like marlel and indie
So you could understand my point
>>88829432
I also don't care about paper comics. I read it online. DC will be alive and good in digital. Who cares about comics being dead?
>>
>>88829111
>my Bat-credit-card
>>
>>88828910

I find that hard to comprehend. Aside from the very early origin story parts the movie as a whole is a bit of a mess, the fast track the entire middle part of the movie and the villain and climax are both completely lackluster (no wonder Weaving has no interest to come back). It's easily one of the blandest movies in the original phase. Even Thor had more going for it.
>>
>>88829503
> Who cares about comics being dead?

Apparently you since you were making such a big deal about DC saving them.
>>
>>88829534
>DC comics saving comics from being utter trash like marlel and indie
>DC will be alive and good in digital
Can you read?
>>
>>88829503
Except Indie is better than anything DC puts out, easily. But you've outed yourself as a DC fanboy, so nothing will change your mind.

>I also don't care about paper comics. I read it online. DC will be alive and good in digital. Who cares about comics being dead?
You, this entire argument. Digital isn't saving comics either. Also you'll pretty much care if comics die entirely.
>>
File: Jor El2.jpg (6KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
Jor El2.jpg
6KB, 275x183px
>>88829111
>Generally good actors stay away from superhero movies.
The supporting casts of superhero films are a who's who of highly regarded A-list actors.
>>
>>88829573
If floppies die so does digital. Digital sales aren't even a fraction of the physical so them as a viable replacement format is a long ways off if ever.
>>
File: 1456058266181.jpg (21KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
1456058266181.jpg
21KB, 600x400px
>>88828176
At least Fox is smart enough to reboot the universe before they have too many movies in development (I mean they teased Mr. Sinister but they didn't announce a movie or anything)

WB on the other hand trusted Zack the Hack when he ruined two massive DC properties already (Watchmen and Superman) to run this shitfest of a universe and have several films filming back to back
>>
>>88829616
The fact that someone saw Sucker Punch and went "let's hand this retard the keys to the franchise" says a lot about WB execs
>>
>>88829578
>Except Indie is better than anything DC puts out
Except you and tubler girls are the only one think that way.
>Also you'll pretty much care if comics die entirely.
I'de be either too successful or too drunk living in the box to care when this happens.
>>88829596
Webcomics is alive. So will be digital.
>>
>>88829595
>posts a guy at the end of his career and in desperate need of paycheck who was also borderline drunk when filming

really made me think
>>
>>88829660
Webcomics don't cost 3-4$ an issue.
>>
>>88829660
> "tumblr"

Again, tumblr isn't an argument and people have held indy in much higher regard than the big two for much longer than tumblr has been around.
>>
File: Luthor.jpg (6KB, 185x185px) Image search: [Google]
Luthor.jpg
6KB, 185x185px
>>88829668
>Gene Hackman
>Ned Beatty
>Jackie Cooper
>Glenn Ford
>Susannah York
>Trevor Howard

And that's just in Superman.
I cannot wait for your next asinine rebuttal.
>>
>>88829683
>Implying Big two will not sell their comics for free with same way webcomics do
>>88829696
Your
>Because I said so
Isn't argument either. Again, name few actually GOOD ones. Not even great. I doubt there is something as great as Superman.
>>
>>88829696
indie wasn't even conceptualized until after big dominated. before that they were zines.
>>
>>88829757
I only know Gene Hackman and as the name says he isn't a good actor.

never heard of any of the others
>>
>>88829757
of all those only hackman is even a real human
>>
File: Faggot.jpg (60KB, 294x361px) Image search: [Google]
Faggot.jpg
60KB, 294x361px
>>88829782
>I only know Gene Hackman
>>
>>88829799
>Meme is lost on him, he doesn't know who this is either.
>>
>>88829799
>excepting me to know all actors from 50 years ago
>>
>>88829757
Gene Hackman is the only one anyone would consider noteworthy today.

>>88829771
> The Big two will give their comics way for free

Okay, whatever helped

> "I say so" isn't an argument

Then you're in more trouble than me.

As for your dubious Superman goal post move... Quality =/= Nororiety.

Just because a character in indy may never become as popular or iconic as superman doesn't mean that it isn't the superior comic.

Also, I don't have to convince you that Indy is superior (aside from the fact that you're a goal-post moving dellusionalist) all I have to do is point to the ubiquitous fact that it is recognized by such by the vast majority of the comic book community and even /co/ (who doesn't fucking agree on anything).

>>88829774
That doesn't change the fact that they're considered superior now. No one said the indy came first or has been better since time immemorial. Reading comprehension is your friend.

>>88829799
Not an argument.
>>
>>88828375
>tfw we'll never get a smiling Superman asking if he can play baseball with the local little league
>tfw well never see Superman giving the kids at the children's hospital rides
>tfw we'll never see Superman help an old lady with her shopping
>tfw we'll never see Superman save a cat out of a tree
Honestly, fuck that fucking hack Snyder for giving us this mopey ass, dark, brooding, depressed, killer, unlikable, silent, pretentious, bullshit excuse for a Superman.

But we can't give up hope /co/mrade. One day.....one fucking day WB will accidentally put someone in charge of a Superman movie that understands the character and isn't embarrassed by him.
>>
>>88829771
Why would they even make new comics if they couldn't make money off them. Comics aren't a charity, they're a business and webcomics are made by one or two people doing it pro-bono while egging their patreons for "donations".
>>
>>88829828
It's not my fault that you're ignorant of anyone further back than Willem Dafoe.
One of many A listers in Spider-Man, most of whom I am sure you are equally ignorant of.

Why do you even live?
>>
>>88829842
This, Marvel got Captain America, how fucking hard would it be to do Supes right?
>>
>>88829860
give it up grampa, if they were good they would still be easily remembered today

people still remember James Stewart for example
>>
>>88829860
It is considering your argument hinged on notoriety which it failed at and now you're trying to blame the people who didn't prove your point for you.

And though I'm not the guy you're responding to, most people don't live to be obsessed with trivial factoids about campy old cape flicks.
>>
>>88829836
You're the literally first person I've ever seen who talking about indie shit. And all your goalpost bullshit. I'm talking about current Superman run. It's better than any indie shit you could bring here (you can't, I know). And almost ever Rebirth run is way popular and bettter than any indie. Deal with it.
>>
File: JokerNicholson.jpg (18KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
JokerNicholson.jpg
18KB, 400x300px
>>88829836
>Gene Hackman is the only one anyone would consider noteworthy today.

I couldn't give less of a fuck about who worthless millenials consider A-List actors.
Your complete ignorance of Hollywood before The Matrix isn't supportive of your earlier brain-damaged assertion that A Listers aren't common in cape films.

Your pathetic ignorance is not a defense.
>>
>>88829863
But anon. It's not like they have nearly 80 years worth of stories to pick and chose the best from which to make their stor......oh wait.

Because from all accounts the current WB heads are fucking incompetent and Snyder is a pretentious hack.
>>
>>88829904
Again, your own limited anecdotal experiences don't prove anything.

nor does your baseless claim that ever Rebirth run is way more poular and better than anything indie which you can't validate with any evidence or facts.
>>
>>88829911
Consider you're trying to make self-evident arguments with millennials in this thread they are the people who you should be concerned about.

Just more goal post moving.

Hell, even generation X would be familiar with those actors. And ignorance kind of is a defense in this case since your point hinged on us all recognizing those obscure actors.
>>
>>88829911
That's not Gene Hackman, it's Jack Nicholson.
>>
>>88829911
kek, might as well use DeVito and schwarzenegger to prove your point
>>
>>88829919
>whole /co/ jerking off on Superman, Deathstroke, GA, RHatO etc
>Batman is popular among normies as usual
>Other titles on top sales of digital sites
>some tumbler girls reposted your favorite indie ten times
>>
File: Alfred_Pennyworth_TDKR.jpg (44KB, 705x691px) Image search: [Google]
Alfred_Pennyworth_TDKR.jpg
44KB, 705x691px
>>88829943
>B-But really big stars like Dwayne Johnson and Vin Diesel
Please neck yourself.
>>
>>88829904
Weren't you just saying that "because I say so" claim aren't an argument a few posts ago?
>>
>>88829955
> B-b-b-but on /co/ people...

If /co/ is your sole basis for the comics community then you're in for a rude surprise.

>>88829957
Again, putting words in other people's mouths, is this what you're reduced to? I mean it's kind of entertaining watching you try to hang on by your nails in this thread as your repeatedly proven wrong. At this point though you seem to only be using "ad hominem" and "fallacy comparisons"
>>
>>88829962
But what I'm saying there is facts. Not my opinion.
>>
File: alfred_batmanvsuperman.jpg (70KB, 650x400px) Image search: [Google]
alfred_batmanvsuperman.jpg
70KB, 650x400px
>>88829981
Who do you consider the "big names" not in Superhero films?
Zack Efron? Please illuminate me, faggot.
>>
>>88829957
Weren't DCEU apologists the ones excited for Dwayne Johnson being in the DCEU?
>>
>>88829957
>the guy from a movie with killing bees
>A-Lister
>>
>>88829991
He's a BIG star (for you)
>>
>>88829981
>If /co/ is your sole basis
>confirned for can't read once again
You wanted facts. I gave them to you. You still can't prove why your indie crap is good and popular.
>>
>>88829990
>the guy from D&D and Assassin's Creed
>big name

that's "I will act for food" tier
>>
>>88829989
Then provide some facts, provide some evidence.

all you're doing is making claims with none of these, ergo, all you're spouting is opinion.

>>88829990
People that the public readily recognize, even my grandparents wouldn't recognize most of that list you posted for Superman. Also, nice try with the bait & switch.

>>88829999
But you didn't give me facts, you just made a subjective claim about one annecdotal source which you couldn't even present evidence for that.
>>
File: Jim Gordon.jpg (102KB, 1272x530px) Image search: [Google]
Jim Gordon.jpg
102KB, 1272x530px
>>88829996
>Falls into a pit of his own faggotry
>Just keeps digging deeper and deeper.

I am laffin.
>>
>>88829904
>panther
>patience
>toil and trouble
>veripathy
All better than DC's stuff, at least in my opinion.

>>88829989
Oh, you're just a faggot fanboy.
>>
Oh, it's the autistic DCEU guy who can't differentiate opinions from facts and things anything he believes is a fact, hahahahaha.
>>
File: 1389691711541.jpg (80KB, 755x568px) Image search: [Google]
1389691711541.jpg
80KB, 755x568px
>>88830004
>>88829996
>>88829981
>>88829943
>>
>>88830036
Oh my, we're strait to reaction images now. Getting mad huh?
>>
>>88830021
You won anon, Gary Oldman is so insignificant I can't even come up with a way to make fun of his career
>>
File: I-know-you-are.jpg (14KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
I-know-you-are.jpg
14KB, 300x300px
>>88830055
>>
>>88830036
But if Opinions = Facts then mine proves you wrong so I win.
>>
>>88830016
Read co, reddit, facebook, any comic-releated site, talk to actual people. Ask them, what do they think is better - your sjw crap or current Batman/Superman/Flash run.
Look at sales of their runs and, I dunno, reposts of your shit?
That's all you need to see.
>>88830025
>brings some nu-male trash
>calling other people faggots
Pathetic
>>
>>88830021
>>88830064
Are you kidding he was great in Lost in Space and all those voices he did for video games like Call of Duty, Medal of Honor and Spyro, he's probably the biggest star in Hollywood right now.
>>
File: 1471473634035.png (190KB, 636x1057px) Image search: [Google]
1471473634035.png
190KB, 636x1057px
>>88830055
I apologize for cheating you of the full image.

Why would I be angry that you're uncultured?
>>
>>88830067
He was great as Penguin's father

>>88830081
> "Ask other people what their opinions are since I can't be bothered to provide them as evidence"
> Thinks these are facts

Even if it's subjective or anecdotal you still need to provide evidence, telling someone to google something or look it up on wikipedia isn't an argument.
>>
>>88830102
So is that a picture of you or someone else, I don't really get the point of your mspaint flameposting.
>>
>>88830081
Not an argument, I presented indie shit which you asked.

You have the burden of truth besides 'n-nu-male!'

If you want to be a faggot about popularity, the four series I mentioned frequently have been appearing in people's best of 2016 lists.
>>
>>88830106
>I can't into basis research
I got ya, mate.
>>
File: Robert Downey.jpg (9KB, 247x204px) Image search: [Google]
Robert Downey.jpg
9KB, 247x204px
>>88830082
Who IS the biggest star in hollywood right now?
Because I am reasonably certain it's the guy getting paid $50 million a picture. And has the most powerful movie studio on Earth kissing his ass lovingly.
In comic book movies.

Who would YOU say it is?
>>
>>88830081
But everyone outside of the interwebs says your wrong so I still win, because there are more people outside of the internet than in it. And that's a fact because I said so.
>>
>>88830118
You're right, let me do a six month peer reviewed study into the preferences of an isolated internet demographics then get back to you on that.
>>
>>88830117
>You have the burden of truth besides 'n-nu-male!'
It looks like generic sjw-garbage for edgyteens. Also cringe af. What do you need me to say?
>people's best of 2016 lists
Tumblr girls are not actual people, mate.
>>
>>88830122
what part did he play in a DC movie?
>>
>>88830144
So /co/ and """""reddit""""" are okay sources for DC is good, but not comic sites who rank stuff?

Okay, you're a retard. Read this shit before being a reactionary buffoon.

Also af is a tumblr/twitter phrase, so fuck off.
>>
>>88830144
> Your evidence doesn't count because I say so
> Also "tumblr"

Again, Tumblr is not an argument and your opinion =/= fact.
>>
File: tony-stark-betrayed.jpg (37KB, 450x337px) Image search: [Google]
tony-stark-betrayed.jpg
37KB, 450x337px
>>88830082
What happened to all the pithy shit-posting?
I asked you a question, comedian.

Who is the biggest star in Hollywood. Simple question.
>>
>>88830126
Literally pathetic.
>>88830140
I'm glad that you finally decided to do useful thing. I'll wait.
>>
>>88830150
Your answer is to change the question?

That seems odd....
>>
>>88830166
What DC movie is that?

>>88830167
Again, another no-substance post. At this point I'm pretty sure you're just trying to get the last word in knowing full well that you're either wrong, or not intelligent enough to articulate your thoughts into any kind of cohesive argument.
>>
>>88825848
They shouldn't have given Star Wars too him either, in retrospect.
>>
>>88830122
he became big thanks to those movie, before that he was desperate especially after his past

you still have to show us an actor at his maximum height going to make capeshit
>>
>>88830157
>So /co/ and """""reddit""""" are okay sources for DC is good, but not comic sites who rank stuff?
Yes. Because there are people who actually know industry. Not some "geeks" and sjw scum. Don't be mad, your nu-male friends will calm you down by letting you read about their faggot characters fighting against evil white males.
>>88830160
Fact is - DC is popular among everyone while indie shit is popular only among biotrash.
>>
>>88830183
Your response to being asked to provide evidence and facts is to only spout more opinions?

curious...
>>
>>88830188
Yes, I heard you change the subject the first time.

So you don't even KNOW who the biggest star in Hollywood is?
So you were wasting time from the start.
Ok.
>>
>>88830197
>he became big thanks to those movie,
>you still have to show us an actor at his maximum height

Are those goalposts heavy?

Do you need assistance?
>>
File: 1464162080007.png (84KB, 264x412px) Image search: [Google]
1464162080007.png
84KB, 264x412px
>>88830200
> /co/ and reddit know the industry
> Comic book sites don't

What a strange world you live in.

> Fact is - DC is popular among everyone while indie shit is popular only among biotrash.

source?
>>
>>88830200
Where is your dad touching you, son?
>>
>>88830218
It's not goalpost moving if he's challenging your initial point. Just because you keep moving your goal post doesn't mean other people are for holding you to your root arguments.
>>
>>88830122
The Rock, actually. He gets paid $60 million a movie. RDJ is definitely second though.
>>
>>88830218
the point was that no A-lister went and did capeshit
you then started posting images of washed up actors ending up doing superhero movies
>>
>>88830227
I know "opinion" doesn't mean "fact"
>>
>>88830223
>tumblr
>comicbook cite
Nice one.
>source?
Are you retarded? DCEU selled UTTER GARBAGE only because it has DC characters.
>>
File: lol.png (9KB, 516x115px) Image search: [Google]
lol.png
9KB, 516x115px
>>88830255
Wow, no one even mentioned tumblr there. You okay buddy? You seem to be falling apart here.

Also, screencapped that post you deleted for you.
>>
>>88830240
>>88830240
>you then started posting images of washed up actors
So they can't have been A-Listers too far BEFORE doing cape movies, or made A-Listers BY Cape movies, and I suppose not after doing Cape movies.

So basically right before doing cape movies. And you get to subjectively decide whether they were ever A-Listers at all.

Do you need any further help or handicap little guy?
>>
>>88830255
> any source I don't agree with is tumblr.

Also

> Are you retarded? DCEU selled UTTER GARBAGE only because it has DC characters.

Source?
>>
>>88830293
So when other people subjectively decide things it's bad, but when you do it it's okay?

the point was that no one in the superman movie other than Christopher Reeves was at the peak of their career.
>>
>>88830286
Well, since I'm the only one with facts here, I'm okay. Feel free to name few respected "comicbook" sites where your inde trash is praised more than dc.
>>
>>88830293
I bet you think Orsen Wells was at the top of his game when doing a voice for the Transformers animated movie in the 80s too huh?
>>
>>88830302
My source is common sense. You don't have any as I see.
>>
>>88830318
What facts? We're still waiting for you to share them with us.
>>
>>88830330
According to who exactly?
>>
>>88830337
Just learn to read, kiddo. I'll not waste my time to repeat myself.
>>
>>88830330
Not an argument.
>>
File: Jor El.jpg (19KB, 398x327px) Image search: [Google]
Jor El.jpg
19KB, 398x327px
>>88830313
>the point was that no one in the superman movie other than Christopher Reeves was at the peak of their career.
I was never part of any conversation about Christopher Reeves, who was made a star by Superman.

I suppose Russel Crowe was "washed up", despite having just recently been in an Oscar winning film a couple of years before.
Or that Ben Affleck wasn't at his apex, despite having just won an oscar..

Wow, you're autism has sufficiently moved the posts so that you probably can't lose!
>>
>>88830351
Oh I read it just fine, I still see no facts, only assertions with no evidence or sources provided to validate them.

Simply claiming you're right over and over and that your opinions are facts over and over doesn't make them so nor does it require the other person to prove the situation otherwise.
>>
>>88830356
But it is. You're just either retarded or blind to not understand it.
>>
>>88830238
And yet he'll never get to be Black Adam because WB would rather pander to the hot topic crowd.
>>
File: 1480772057490.webm (140KB, 700x376px) Image search: [Google]
1480772057490.webm
140KB, 700x376px
>>88830367
That's not what goal post moving is. Simply just throwing words back at people without understanding what the mean isn't an argument.
>>
>>88830378
Well, when I give facts, you just goalposting everytime. I don't feel like you are worthy proper discussion after that.
>>
>>88830382
No it isn't. An argument needs to have a claim that is validated by either universally agreed upon ideas or actual facts & evidence (not, opinions). You need to make a case for what you're claiming and instead all you're doing is just saying "I say this is how it is so that's it, not my fault you're all too stupid to understand"
>>
>>88828655
Leto can't be a meme because he's had exactly three roles: Jordan Cantalano, a trans chick in that one movie, and the Joker. While I like "My So Called Life," Leto has been a nonentity for almost his entire career. He's more famous for hanging out with Terry Richardson. However, while he isn't a meme, he is a mediocre actor that got lucky with one role.
>>
File: Affleckbruce.png (844KB, 2880x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Affleckbruce.png
844KB, 2880x1200px
>>88830392
No adding bullshit like "But they had to have been JUST now A-List, but not made A-List by the cape movie" and "But that's not a DC film" is serious goal post shifting. And yet I met your goalposts anyway.
>>
>>88830395
Again...

Show me these facts, because I don't see any. I see you making subjective claims about this website or that website, but those aren't facts, that's just your biased opinion.

>>88830409
Skwad made him a meme.
>>
>>88830420
Not that guy, but accounts of his retarded on set spazzing was what made him a meme.
He's actually fairly subdued and convincing in an otherwise ridiculous and forgettable movie.
>>
File: 1480771705478.gif (4MB, 700x298px) Image search: [Google]
1480771705478.gif
4MB, 700x298px
>>88830410
Wasn't that your original point though, to show a season crew of pros in the cast of the furthest removed DC movie from any relevant to this thread?

Anon pointing out the only big names in it were either created by the movie or at the end of sad careers still stands as a valid criticism and since you've been challenging that pretense the entire time, bringing it up certainly isn't moving any goal post.
>>
>>88830367
this wasn't the Russel Crowe from Gladiator who literally won an oscar as a protagonist, this was a faded star past his prime being a secondary character so yes he was washed up
>>
>>88830435
True, but even if we can agree he wasn't a meme actor before Skwad it doesn't change the fact of those who were before their roles in DCEU movies.
>>
>>88830447
Same way that Kevin Costner was washed up and reduced to doing TV movies when he was in MOS. Just a bunch of people who were either at the end of careers or at a point where they could rest on their laurels and afford to do something silly.
>>
>>88830457
Doesn't Costner narrate documentaries now?
>>
What was this thread even about? Something about Affleck not doing shit for a movie that hasn't even been decided on?
Expectations?
>>
>>88830407
Well, I'll make it simple for you
Take MoS and BvS, for example.
Zack movies were not selling anymore. Fact. His new movies has Batman and Superman. Suddenly it's very profitable despite fact that movies are utter garbage with low audience scores literally everywhere.
By simple logical thinking, we can see that his "movie" is selling only because of DC characters. It shows that DC is popular among normies. See? If you wasn't brain-damaged, I'd not waste my time on explanations.
>>88830420
Facts about what? I gave them everytime you've asked. Facts about what do you need this time?
>>
>>88830467
He has for quite some time.
>>
File: Bruce Wayne Keaton.jpg (224KB, 1158x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Bruce Wayne Keaton.jpg
224KB, 1158x1080px
>>88830436
My point was to show A-Listers appearing in comic book movies. After it was asserted that they do not.

Then people started rapid firing off "Ew he's old I cannot remember that far" and "Hurr, he was in a dumb movie, so he was never A-List!" and caveat after caveat.

Attempts were made to refashion the argument so it couldn't be lost; and in the end it was easy to name two recent A-Listers at the top of their career (in DC movies, why not).

And do remember that Michael Keaton was quite at his prime, having made his biggest hits 5 years or less before Batman.

He was controversial because he wasn't an action star, he was picked because he was a big A-Lister at the time.
>>
>>88830472
No it shows that Superman and Batman are popular amongst normies, not the DC brand specifically. And even then that doesn't prove anything about comics considering most normies don't read them.

>>88830472
So me one of those facts, any of them.
>>
>>88830447
>this was a faded star past his prime being a secondary character
He had just finished starring in Les Miserables a couple of years before. I was never talking about Gladiator.
Dumbass.
>>
>>88830467
he did a commercial for canned fish in my country
>>
>>88830481
The fact stands that most of these A-listers weren't A-listers when they did those movies though. Michael Keaton's role in Batman war arguably the peak of his career.
>>
>>88830489
yeah, Les Miserables, in a supporting role... your point being?
>>
>>88830489
I know, that's exactly the point.
He wasn't prime Crowe like in Gladiator he was already a faded star starring in fucking musicals and capeshit and not even as the main protagonist.
>>
>>88830509
AND I'M JAVERT
>>
>>88830487
>DC characters are popular
>DC is not xD
That's the most retarded thing I've ever read here.
>>
>>88824392
I consider most of Marvel's comics the literary equivalent of raw sewage and they have barely a handful of characters I give two shits about. I'm of the opinion that DC are responsible for putting out virtually all of the very best comic books ever written, and Superman is my favourite superhero by a wide margin.

So when I say that Man of Steel was a letdown at best and BvS was an irredeemable bag of rancid foreskins that failed miserably to do justice to its source material, know that I mean it sincerely.
>>
File: les_miserables_ver11.jpg (111KB, 557x755px) Image search: [Google]
les_miserables_ver11.jpg
111KB, 557x755px
>>88830509
>yeah, Les Miserables, in a supporting role... your point being?
He literally has second billing in the film.
How hard are you willing to derp to try and win this? You've already lost, stop already.
>>
File: 1366951569122.jpg (33KB, 598x448px) Image search: [Google]
1366951569122.jpg
33KB, 598x448px
>>88830510
>>
>>88830525
>that cast

Les Miserable is borderline capeshit anyway
>>
>>88830539
There comes a point when words lose all meaning. This is that point.
>>
>>88830518
Some characters are just popular and iconic independent of whoever owns them. Cassuals like Batman and to a much lesser extent, Superman. They can give a shit if it's DC or what the comics are doing.

Comic Book fans and most people who bother with the medium gravitate more towards indy works in terms of quality than the stuff the Big 2 put out.

You're using the fallacy of false equivalence here.
>>
>>88830525
And while we are at it, Jacked Man WON a best actor Oscar, then continued doing cape shit.
>>
>>88830547
I think it happened back when the troll was calling everything a meme and using the term meme to support whatever we was trying to say after the fact then started blaming everything on tumblr and insisting that only tumblr disagreed with him because fat chicks.
>>
File: 1377322745363.jpg (60KB, 320x312px) Image search: [Google]
1377322745363.jpg
60KB, 320x312px
>>88830539
>>
>>88830553
but he wasn't a big actor when he started doing capeshit
>>
>>88830553
Marvel must have all the good actors then.
>>
>>88830563
Yeah, Cape films kind of made Jackman the star he is.
>>
>>88830563
>but he wasn't a big actor when he started doing capeshit
The challenge was that A-Listers at their apex don't sign on to cape films. Jacked Man did some cape films, got a bit famous, left them to go win Best Actor, and went on to do cape shit at his apex.
>>
>>88830550
So,
>Are you retarded? DCEU selled UTTER GARBAGE only because it has DC characters
I was right from the begining. Feel free to apologize every time.
>>
File: MaskCarrey.jpg (48KB, 335x307px) Image search: [Google]
MaskCarrey.jpg
48KB, 335x307px
Jim Carrey was the highest paid comedic actor on the planet the year signed on to do The Mask.
>>
>>88830582
True, but since he was already contractually obliged to do more and by the time his star started to fade returned to doing more does bring it somewhat into question.
>>
>>88830602
Ssssmokin'!
>>
>>88830598
Forgive me if I don't see the correlation. Like most high functioning autist it would seem that you skip alot of steps in vocalizing the dialogue and exchange you have with others expecting people to assume things which you yourself expect them to realize.
>>
>>88830602
No one even knew that was a comic book movie at the time though and being a comedic actor I'm not sure it really counts unless you're also going to count him in Batman Forever.
>>
>>88830624
Nothing ever counts, does it?
>>
>>88830582
>he wasn't big when he started doing it but later he kept doing it so it counts!

How fucking desperate are you?
>>
>>88830636
*shrugs*
>>
File: Constantine.jpg (198KB, 700x1060px) Image search: [Google]
Constantine.jpg
198KB, 700x1060px
Uma Thurman signed on to cape films after each of her big movies, Pulp Fiction, and then again with Kill Bill.

Keanu Reeves did Constantine right after the Matrix trilogy.
>>
>>88830671
signed on after Kill Bill, not Kill Bill was a comic movie.
>>
>>88830671
B-Listers
>>
>>88830613
My point was that DC characters are more popular and better than any indie shit. Point proven. Where is my apologizes, you nu-male scum?
>>
>>88830705
LMAO
>>
>>88830738
Being more popular =/= better quality comics.
>>
>>88830705
You still haven't named the "biggest stars in Hollywood" btw.
I mean you clearly consider yourself an authority.
Not happening I guess?
>>
>>88830705
>Keanu
>B Listers
he's up there with im carrey in terms of name reognition
>>
>>88830747
Well, you can't prove that your indie garbage is better in quality (because it isn't). But DC is way more popular and has acknowledged mastepieces like Watchman, Sandman, Constantine, few Batman, Superman stories (Iike All Star Superman and TDKR). What your do you have?
>>
>>88830774
Tom Cruise
Di Caprio
>>
>>88830790
Who should they play in capeshit?
>>
>>88830781
Only because of The Matrix, most people can't even name another movie with him

He is no Christian Bale

>>88830795
Tom Cruise should be Max Lord
>>
File: Hancock.jpg (60KB, 404x600px) Image search: [Google]
Hancock.jpg
60KB, 404x600px
Will Smith was A-List after big hits like Independence Day, and then went on to do the comic book Men in Black films, and Hancock.
>>
>>88830783
Most of that list is Vertigo which was considered indy despite being later owned by DC.

Even then, we're not talking aggregate output, but current stuff today and the indy stuff is still held in far higher regard within the comic book community than anything the big two is putting out.
>>
>>88830802
>Only because of The Matrix, most people can't even name another movie with him

>Stupidity is my greatest defense

Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure movies are what got him chosen for the Matrix.
>>
>>88830803
I wouldn't brag about those movies too much.
>>
>>88830811
>Most of that list is Vertigo which was considered indy despite being later owned by DC.
What the fuck, Sandman and Hellblazer were both published under the regular DC line before they launched the Vertigo line.
>>
>>88830783
So now you're moving the goal post from stuff the companies are currently putting out to stuff that has been put out?
>>
>>88830802
>Derp no one ever has heard of Speed or the sequels...
>>
>>88830814
>Bill and Ted's made him internationally famous

this is what dumb people actually believe
>>
>>88830828
Who says I was talking about those titles.
>>
>>88830835
>poor man's Die Hard
>popular
>>
>>88830842
Those were the only Vertigo titles I saw in the post you replied to.
>>
File: bill&ted.jpg (193KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
bill&ted.jpg
193KB, 1280x720px
>>88830802
>most people can't even name another movie with him
>>
File: MIB.jpg (7KB, 256x197px) Image search: [Google]
MIB.jpg
7KB, 256x197px
>>88830823
>I wouldn't brag about those movies too much.

MIB? Why? Because they were box office megahits, or because they have stellar audience and critical reviews?

On what criteria wouldn't you brag about them?
>>
>>88830855
Oh, maybe they were, could've sworn there was more, doesn't change the fact that you moved the goal post from what was currently being put out to old legacy works from thirty years ago.
>>
>>88830861
>I am most people so I know they would remember him from other stuff

that's pretty arrogant from your part
>>
>>88830854
Speed made like 700 million adjusted. It was one of the biggest hits that year.
>They see me trolling
>>
>>88830869
Only the first MIB was good and Handcock was bleh. And listing an actor who was at the peak of his career only to have a dramatic crash in his career really doesn't prove any point here. He was still recovering from wild wild west when he made Handcock and no one knew MIB was a comic book movie and it's certainly not a cape movie, which is what we were talking about.
>>
>>88830854
Ok, I'm out for the night. It's late and you're clearly easy mode shitposting.
>>
>>88830877
Same could be said for the person who thinks their own anecdotal experience on /co/ constitutes and accurate depiction of the comic book community.
>>
>>88830811
>indy stuff is still held in far higher regard within the comic book community
Your sjw friends from tumblr is not a comic book community, mate. If you have anyone else, show me.
>>88830830
Omega Men, Grayson, Superman. What do you have?
>>
>>88830872
I'm not moving any goal posts, I just butted in to point that one thing out. Your beef is with someone else.
>>
>>88830886
So did Transformers, I don't see people consider any of its actors A-Listers
>>
>>88830886
So he made Constantine right after Speed when he was at his peak? Was Constantine a good cape movie? Did anyone actually think it was a super hero movie when it came out?
>>
>>88830889
So many caveats...
So they can't ever STOP being an A-Lister later, either? Goddamn you are retarded.

You have lost an intenet fight, walk it off.
>>
File: drackeanu.gif (64KB, 435x200px) Image search: [Google]
drackeanu.gif
64KB, 435x200px
>>88830877
Oh I'm sorry, did I give the impression that I was making a claim on behalf of the entire human race? Why, it's almost like I said

>most people can't even name another movie with him
>>
>>88830896
panther
patience
toil and trouble
veripathy
>>
>>88830903
No, no one in the world had ever heard of John Constantine's Hellblazer before the movie.

It was just picked out of a random stack of scribblings in the crank file and made into a movie.
>>
>>88830904
You're not even listing cape flicks, just comic book movies now. You're stretching the pretense of this rather far.
>>
>>88830910
And it's acknowledged as great by whom?
>>
>>88830917
Then why even bring him up as an A-Lister?
>>
>>88830903
>So he made Constantine right after Speed when he was at his peak?
No, he made Constantine right after the Matrix Trilogy when he was at his peak.

>Inb4 Matrix was never popular with anyone I knew.
>>
>>88830923
/co/, reddit, tumblr, every single comic book website in existence, comixology, comic book awards, etc, etc, etc.

Is that enough "facts" for you?
>>
>>88830936
But Constantine isn't a cape movie.
>>
>>88830918
>You're not even listing cape flicks, just comic book movies now.
Wait, I don't get to move the criteria too? That hardly seems fair after you've shifted it a few times. And I met all your criteria multiple times already.

Night, faggot.
>>
>>88830944
Of course it is anon. Constantine is the greatest hero of all.
>>
>>88830948
We were only talking cape flicks friend, you brought up the issue yourself so don't get mad that you got called out on moving the goal post.
>>
>>88830938
I haven't seen a single thread about these "acknowledged" comics on /co/, for example. So, you are desperately lying with terrible using of sarcasm. I see you're not even trying anymore. Feel free to apologize anytime.
>>
>>88830953
No one told the movie going public that.

>>88830957
I've seen tons of threads about current indy stuff on /co/ quite frequently. Not my fault you aren't looking for them or only scout out threads like these to launch your DCEU apologist attacks.
>>
>>88830948
>let me run away after I failed to provide any real argument
>>
>>88830957
We have threads and storytimes for these on a near daily basis, do you even use /co/?
>>
>>88830968
>No one told the movie going public that
What's that supposed to mean? Doesn't it say in the credits it's based on a comic book?
>>
>>88827465
its almost always namefags defending the DCEU
>>
>>88830980
Comic Book =/= Capes

Also considering they didn't even use the name of the comic for the movie it seems they wanted to distance themselves from the idea of it being a comic book movie as much as possible.
>>
>>88830968
Current catalog shows zero (or one about dead comics I guess) threads about indy crap, while few ( alot) about DC characters exists.
>>
>>88830997
Or because John Constantine, Hellblazer is a really long title.
>>
>>88830520
>NOT MUH
>>
>>88831002
I didn't say they were 24/7, just that we had them quite frequently. Also popularity =/= quality.
>>
>>88831002
The Big 2 (namely Marvel) will always be more popular than the indy, but /co/ unanimously agrees indy is where the quality is at and where the BIG 2 need to be headed in terms of creative integrity.
>>
>>88831002
How many times have you said you were done for the night now? Just can't give it up can you?
>>
>>88831015
>T-there is no any r-right now, b-but it was here, I swear!
Yeah, right.
>>88831022
So, you saying that current DC is worse than current indy trash and the whole /co/ feels the same?
>>88831029
>Easy dominating on nu-male hipsters
>Y-you should give up!
Hilarious
>>
>>88831050
> Yeah, right.

Again, Popularity =/= Quality

> So, you saying that current DC is worse than current indy trash and the whole /co/ feels the same?

I'm saying everyone universally agrees indy is superior to the Big 2.

> Hilarious

You're the one who said he was done with multiple times already, or was that just you pretending to be multiple people.

It's plain to see you just can't handle the facts.
>>
>>88831050
Hey you were given the facts, if you're not smart enough to see them for what they are then that's not my fault.

Maybe try hanging out somewhere other than 4chan or fucking Reddit when forming an aggregate view of how a community sees things. Then again, if you even paid attention, you realize both those see indy as superior anyway so it's a moot point all around.
>>
>>88831065
>Again, Popularity =/= Quality
Nice goalpost you've got here.
>everyone universally agrees indy is superior to the Big 2.
And you sure have proofs of that?
>You're the one who said he was done
Where?
>>
>>88831050
Christ, you're still going at it and arguing over an even more remote subpoint than when I was last in this thread it would seem.
>>
>>88831091
> Nice goalpost you've got here.

Not a goalpost, that's not how it works friend. Just because you only camp in /tv/ threads doesn't mean /co/ doesn't hold indy in a much higher regard than the big 2.

> And you sure have proofs of that?

Oh yeah, 4chan, reddit, tumblr, comicvine, comixology, etc etc etc. What more proof do you need?

> Where?
>>88830894
>>88830948
>>
>>88831073
Poor use of sarcasm You need sense of humor. Read some books, don't shame yourself.
>both those see indy as superior anyway
There is no a single proof of that.
>>88831095
Nu-male hipsters love to be humiliated. How can I refuse them in that.
>>
>>88831124
And what proof have you provided to the contrary?
>>
File: 1480771338545.jpg (140KB, 500x492px) Image search: [Google]
1480771338545.jpg
140KB, 500x492px
>>88831124
It's proof by the same merit that you've provided "proof" so he's right. You lose.
>>
>>88831119
I have proof that DC characters is being discussed right now on /co/. You don't have proofs of your idny shit being that way. So, your poor sarcams is now working at all. It's pathetic.
Also these posts is not mine, you idiot. I'm here not to discuss movies.
>>
File: 1462783032560.jpg (1MB, 1400x1338px) Image search: [Google]
1462783032560.jpg
1MB, 1400x1338px
They're popular so that means they're better amirite?
>>
>>88831150
That's only proof of popularity, by that logic I could argue that the Transformers movies are better than the DCEU movies because more people went to see them.

Your logic is entirely baseless and even then it relies solely an the anecdotal accounts of just one website. If 4chan is your only source for anything then that's really all that needs be said about your intellectual basis for such patently false claims.
>>
>>88831150
> what is the vocal minority?
>>
>>88831152
If the Cave Troll drank the piss jar would he have won the fight?

Man that was a bad movie.
>>
File: 1478417487819.jpg (739KB, 800x1337px) Image search: [Google]
1478417487819.jpg
739KB, 800x1337px
>>88831152
>>
>>88831161
>That's only proof of popularity
And how do you want to proof quality? You sure can't convince me with terrible art and edgy dialogs.
>Transformers movies are better than the DCEU movies because
Equally shit. At least, Transformers is not so pretentious and not ruining superior comic universe.
>solely an the anecdotal accounts of just one website
You don't have even that. So, stop being so pathetic and show some proofs of your words or apologize again.
>>
>>88831150
> I'm not here to discuss the movies

Then what are you doing in a thread about the movies?
>>
>>88831189
> I'm not here to discuss not co-releated movies
Ok. is that clear for you now, retard?
>>
>>88831187
You tell me, you were the one who initially suggested that DC was saving comics, and it when it was pointed out that they were back to old numbers who said their quality was still good and when asked for evidence you were the one who made a bunch of baseless claims which you then asserted were facts.

So really we should be asking you how does one prove quality because you seemed rather quite confident of it earlier in this thread, unless you meant popularity which only goes to show just how inept you are at intellectual exchanges.

> proofs

4chan, reddit, tumblr, facebook, comicvine, comixology, every comic book dedicated website, every comic book dedicated podcast, etc etc etc. There are your proofs.
>>
>>88831207
Still not making much sense, seems like a lot of backtracking on your part. If maybe you took the time to better articulate what you were trying to say before you embarrassed yourself so many times, maybe this exchange wouldn't have dragged on so long?
>>
File: 1462546675352.jpg (382KB, 800x1057px) Image search: [Google]
1462546675352.jpg
382KB, 800x1057px
>>
File: 1463981528505.jpg (210KB, 946x882px) Image search: [Google]
1463981528505.jpg
210KB, 946x882px
>>
File: 1480771893288.webm (246KB, 1280x536px) Image search: [Google]
1480771893288.webm
246KB, 1280x536px
>>
>>88831212
I wash you wasn't that dumb. I'm tired of explaining you obvious things. Really.
DC has better quality than indy shit? Yes.
DC is more popular than indy shit? Yes.
I was right all along.
I showed you proof based on 4chan. You haven't show anything. You lost from the begining, kiddo.
>>88831220
>Still not making much sense
Well, it's because you're retard who can't into logical conclusions.
>>
>>88831247
> I wash you wasn't that dumb

hahahahahahhaahhahahahahahahahhahaha
>>
File: 1464163559120.gif (3MB, 800x352px) Image search: [Google]
1464163559120.gif
3MB, 800x352px
>>88831247
> Makes more baseless claims with no evidences, sources or facts
> "I won kiddo"

Oh you sure did buddy, you're a special winner aren't ya?
>>
>>88831254
>being this desperate
I wish I could see you right now. I bet you're crying about how pathetic you're.
>>
>>88831247
>I wash you wasn't that dumb.
>wash
Ha!
>>
File: lol2.png (17KB, 662x192px) Image search: [Google]
lol2.png
17KB, 662x192px
>>88831247
screencapped for posterity, will be posting this in any other thread I see you in.
>>
>>88831261
>literally proof
>baseless claims
You just can't admit that you lost, don't you, indy crap lover? You hipsters never change.
>>
File: 1468077597481.png (2MB, 1440x960px) Image search: [Google]
1468077597481.png
2MB, 1440x960px
>>88831264
Oh no you're not going to beat me up are you. Hahahahahahahahahahaha
>>
>>88831271
Well, you were humiliated in discussion. I gues it would be fair to you to calm yourself by autocorrection mistake.
>>88831279
>being this mad
>evansposting
Literally pathetic, mate. You should end your life for good.
>>
>>88831275
What proof? All I see is opinions. You've not provided one piece of solid evidence that anything you've claimed has any merit save for /co/'s catalog and even then it's already been established that popularity of the big 2 =/= quality over the far more fluid and diverse independent comic books.

Just because you think things work a certain way doesn't make that a fact or proof which you can use freely in any intellectual exchange. That coin don't spend here buddy.
>>
File: 1464564131802.jpg (74KB, 604x311px) Image search: [Google]
1464564131802.jpg
74KB, 604x311px
>>88831290
Is that anger I hear in your voice? I think it is.
>>
>>88829863
>Marvel got Captain America

I never felt inspired by MCU Cap. The only side of Cap that they've captured is the guy who has some principles and is a bit lost in time, which in turn is used for comedy purposes. He never came across as a charismatic leader, or someone who makes people stop in mid-sentence when he walks in the door.
>>
>>88831295
I have proof of popularity. You don't have proof of quality. What are you trying to say here?
>>
>>88831290
> trying this hard to convince people we won.

Just... just stop already. It's just sad at this point.
>>
>>88831308
But we weren't discussing popularity, when you said DC was saving comics, you obviously meant quality since their current sales show that popularity definitely isn't the case right now.

You're just trying to move the goal post to popularity because you never had any proof of quality so now you're trying to pawn that burden off onto the other party.
>>
>>88831303
Anger? It's compassion, mate. I wish you just end your miserable existence, so you shouldn't be so mad and pathetic anymore.
>>88831315
Nice mental gymnastics you've got here, kiddo. Does it help to your brain not be hurted so much?
>>
File: 1476042973068.gif (3MB, 480x369px) Image search: [Google]
1476042973068.gif
3MB, 480x369px
>>88831308
It's a little late to backtrack on your argument now m8.
>>
>>88831334
Now you're just avoiding addressing anything specific related to the discussion at hand. Damage control already?
>>
File: 1463598556531.jpg (29KB, 540x293px) Image search: [Google]
1463598556531.jpg
29KB, 540x293px
>>88831323
this.

/thread.
>>
>>88831308
But if DC was really more popular than why are you the only one defending here in this thread? If the lack of indy threads on the catalogue is proof of its inferiority then surely you being the only one defending your argument shows it's inferiority as well.
>>
>>88831334
>Does it help to your brain not be hurted so much?

screencapping this one too,
>>
>>88831323
>Most of Rebirth comics are loved by /co/ as you can see from storytiming threads.
>Most of Rebirth comics are loved by reddit as you can see from subreddit or whatever shit they've got there
>Most of Rebirth comics are loved by normies as you can see on comic-releated groups
>Most of Rebirth is loved by any comic-releated site
>having decent dialogs
>having decent art
Hmm.
>>88831362
Because every decent human being (except me, because I'm having fun here) in DC threads now, while here we've got few ass-blasted hipsters (including mad evansposter). Isn't it obvious, my nu-male friend?
>>
File: lol3.png (12KB, 827x110px) Image search: [Google]
lol3.png
12KB, 827x110px
>>88831384
Where is the evidence of all these claims you're making, how do you know those DC threads aren't all being made by the same handful of vocal individuals.

> I'm having fun here

Classic defense mechanism. Listen kiddo, first rule of internet, the more you tell someone you're winning the more it shows that your losing. The creme de la creme being "heh, I'm having fun doing this, I bet your so mad"

You're basically giving a play by play of just how furious you are right now every time you try to assure us of your confidence.
>>
File: 1464138012256.png (185KB, 542x530px) Image search: [Google]
1464138012256.png
185KB, 542x530px
Is the Damage Control shitposter still here?
>>
>>88831384
> I'm having fun

Then you won't mind if I remake this thread when it falls off of page 10 due to it being prematurely maxed out. :)
>>
>>88831402
>being this mad
Pathetic
>>
>>88831424
> dodging the points addressed to him

Hilarious.
>>
>>88831423
You have my permission to do it.
>>
File: 1478141313725.png (346KB, 751x522px) Image search: [Google]
1478141313725.png
346KB, 751x522px
>>88831433
Should we update this since Flash lost its spot?
>>
>>88831433
>projections
>points
Got ya, mate.
>>
>>88831446
Runnin' out of ammo? You're going kinda minimalist on us here, where's all the self-serving righteous preaching of your intellectual superiority and obvious victory.

You haven't run out of proofs have you?
>>
>>88831461
Why would I bring any proofs since you've got no any. I showed few. You were dodging and goalposting all the time. No proofs. No even decent opinion or discussion. Just repeating
>POPULARITY =/= QUALITY REEEEEEE
mantra
>>
>>88831479
And what proofs are these? You've only shown evidence of short term popularity.

And since DC is no more popular now than during the Nu52 I don't see how it is saving comics in terms of popularity. Clearly when you claimed DC was saving comics you meant either financially or in terms of quality, of which you've provided evidence of neither, but now try and hedge your bets on the obvious popularity the big 2 have over the indy circuit as proof of quality?
>>
File: 1464538201341.jpg (141KB, 844x311px) Image search: [Google]
1464538201341.jpg
141KB, 844x311px
>>88831479
> You won't let my highly subjective and increasingly minimalistic brand of "I say so, so it's true" work.

A sad shame you can't just talk out your ass and half everyone take it a given fact huh?
>>
>>88831540
So, you saying Superman, RHatO, GA, Deathstroke and Sixpack and Dogwelder is shit, for example?
>>
>>88831562
You don't have to say something is bad to say it isn't as good as something else. Not everything is black & white m8 and you'll forgive us if a handful of titles you really like don't compare to the much larger array that a fluid independent comics market can put out at any given point in time. You are aware there are comics out there that aren't about capes right?
>>
>>88822727
Would that really be so bad though?
I mean yes we got it before, and I can be open to new things, and god knows I tried to be here, but had we gotten getting a live action version of the DCAU would that really have been the end of the world? Would it really have been a huge step down in quality from what we have now?
>>
>>88831562
I certainly don't see them as proof that DC is saving comics, there were just as many decent to good titles out at any given point during the Nu52 or even Marvel pre-Secret Wars.

Your argument is just another close minded case of "Let me tell you why the comics that I read are better than the comics I don't read" Hell you can't even bring up a valid criticism of anything outside of DC without using "tumblr", "meme" or blanketly vague claims.
>>
>>88831581
So, you were offended that I said "saving comics", not "saving capecomics"? Wasn't it obvious?
I like Blacksad and Fables much more than cape comics
>>
>>88831616
No, because they're not saving cape comics either. All DC did was stop sucking so much at making cape comics, they haven't improved the quality of independent cape comics or the quality of Marvel cape comics and they certainly aren't selling anymore issues than their pre-rebirth numbers so I don't really see how they're even saving cape-comics in any aspect. The stuff they're putting out now won't be treasured in trade format years from now, it'll be forgotten like so much of the other garbage the big two put out. We just trick ourselves into thinking good is great and bad is mediocre, because we're so used to it being less than what it is now.

DC is moving in the right direction and I think Marvel should follow, but they're not fucking saving anything and the floppy single-issue industry is still as screwed as it's ever been. And no, no comic book publisher is going to keep making new comics and put them online for free, ever. The medium is dying, the only question is how long does it have.
>>
>>88831652
Well, If DC didn't Rebirth, industry would be dead already, filled with trash and sjw shit. So, they're saving it long enough to me. As I said before, it will die much longer than my interest in comics in general.
>>
>>88831677
No, it would still be the same as it was before rebirth with sale figures no different and comics still selling as so-so as they ever have. All they did was stop sucking quite as hard, they didn't save anything, they didn't prevent anything, they didn't extend anything. All DC was boost its sales for a brief period and will probably reboot again in another couple years.

People claimed the Nu52 would save the industry too, it didn't. Reboots are like Marvel's events, they inconsequential and just temporary sales boosts, they don't enact any long term gain or turn around in comic trends.
>>
>>88831713
>Superman run is 10x times better than new52 one
>Same with Flash
>Same with Arrow
>Same with Batman
>Same with AC, DC, and few other ones
>Deathstroke and RHatO is 100x times better than new52 ones
How is that not "saving"? 90% of DC comics were trash during new52. Now 50% of DC comics is from good to great. 30% is meh and 20% is trash. Looks like saving to me.
>>
>>88831766
That's your opinion and you're more than entitled to it.
>>
>>88827665
kek, fuck off mate i've said numerous times i dont think they're flawless.

are you really so autistic you cant accept that someone may actually just like Snyders work?
>>
>>88828173
read less mainstream titles, Carnage and Cage are great
>>
>>88816780
It's a fucking PR move,you fags.
>>
>>88832603
... said the tripfag
>>
>>88832636
>falling for the "tripfags are cancer" meme
>>
>>88832654
But it's true, only the most immature and pathological attention whores feel the need to use them.
Thread posts: 578
Thread images: 83

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.