[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why doesn't Batman just chop Joker's limbs off?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 10

File: bats.jpg (250KB, 834x465px) Image search: [Google]
bats.jpg
250KB, 834x465px
Why doesn't Batman just chop Joker's limbs off?
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (44KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
44KB, 640x480px
>>88811237
That's not how it's supposed to work, Batman!
>>
IF I CHOP OFF HIS LIMBS THE NUMBER OF EVIL LIMBS WILL STAY THE SAME.
IT'LL MAKE MY LIMBS JUST AS BAD AS HIS LIMBS.
>>
File: kek cave.jpg (156KB, 624x420px) Image search: [Google]
kek cave.jpg
156KB, 624x420px
>>88811270
>>
>>88811249
yeah it used to be licking your ass until the meme babbies had to come up with "LE RAPE XD"

fuck off
>>
In all seriousness, I have wondered why Batman at least doesn't permanently incapacitate the Joker by paralyzing him from the neck down. It's funny to me how The Flash(Wally West) was one of the few heroes do to that to a villain via speed stealing. You'd think Batman would've done something like that already.

While I can understand Batman doesn't want to kill the Joker, it makes no sense to me that he hasn't just rendered him nearly immobile already. The Flash did it when Inertia caused Bart's death, a SINGLE death. Jason Todd was killed by the Joker and many more innocents, even women and children have died to him, yet the most he does to the Joker is just give him a sound beating and get him carried off into the arkham Asylum for the 1000th time.
>>
Why Batman would do that?
>>
>>88811237
well, just spitballing ideas here:

>Scarface

This kills the Joker.

>Deadpool
The evil limbs go off on rampages of their own, multiplying the destructive carnage of the Joker instead of curtailing it.

>Boxing Helena
Joker ridicules Batman constantly for his shortcomings, then Batman wakes up and realizes it was all a dream, he's jizzed his batsuit, and nobody bothers with Batman or the Joker again until over 20 years later someone references them obliquely for a weak giggle.
>>
>>88811237
You know what, that's actually a pretty decent loophole.
>>
>>88811237
Because that's a legit way to stop The Joker without killing him, and DC can't let that happen.
>>
Good work, now Intergang is gonna sell him robotic limbs. You just created Joker Jensen. Hooray.
>>
>>88811382
Paralyzed Joker can still be a criminal overlord, putting a lot of henchmen dressed as him in the streets just to fuck with Batman

Didn think about that, did you?
>>
Because then less interesting stories.
>>
File: 365940.png (101KB, 450x458px) Image search: [Google]
365940.png
101KB, 450x458px
>>88811237
>>
>>88811270
How was that argument even supposed to work? True, if Batman killed the Joker, the amount of murderers would stay the same, but if he also killed his other rogues, it would go down. Plus the amount of murders would certainly decrease substantially.
>>
>>88811382
he did joker just snapped his own neck
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYuYsh48MK0
>>
>>88811237
Isn't the whole point of Batman that his justice is flawed and self-serving, and the only people he saves are the ones he then takes down? Which is also why Joker is attracted to him. How the villains in Batman take the frontseat to show how they're the victims of Gotham's corruption and oppression. How they free themselves and take justice in their own hands like Batman did, only to be then brought down by him.
>>
>>88813146
It's not literal. People tend to forget that Batman is an actual insane person. He realizes this, which is why he can't allow himself to kill. If he started killing, he wouldn't be able to control his urges to keep killing.
>>
>>88813433
Nice dubs.
Imo it's something similar but from a different angle- Murderers are the things that destroyed Bruce's life, so I think he psychologically can't really deal with death all that well. He's probably way more afraid of death that he can admit, and the idea of ending a life with his own hands must be beyond repulsive to him. I think if he killed the Joker his next move would be to kill himself-he wouldn't be able to live with being a murderer for a minute.
>>
>>88813146
If you make stealing a capital offense regardless of the value of the goods, the situation in which they were stolen (eg stealing to prevent starvation), or any other mitigating factors, does the number of thefts go down?

If it does, does it go down in reality, or is it simply that reported thefts go down because victims are unwilling to see someone killed over petty larceny?

If it does go down, are the economic and social factors that accompany it - sudden upticks in demand for burial space/crematorium use/bodies lying in the streets; a loss of workforce (not everyone who steals is unemployed, perhaps they're underemployed or simply seeking a thrill) - worth the trouble of maintaining and defending the law?

If it doesn't go down, is the policy working at all?

If it doesn't go down and instead goes up, is that due to overreporting (made-up offenses as a form of score-settling, or as a pseudo-currency between rival factions) or to a factor beyond the ability to legislate for, such as the economy fucking collapsing because people are being killed all over and everyone is terrified?

Because any idiot can break out into "capital punishment works!" but very few people can explain how. I mean, we have states in the world today where capital punishment is the law for offenses far more trivial than murder (which is apparently where you draw the line, but by no means the only crime the Joker ever committed) but it doesn't seem to deter criminals, or else it would be an unused statute, where nobody was ever dumb enough to deliberately commit a crime that it would apply to.

Heck, if we're talking about the Joker in specific terms, the US has a federal system that should have dealt with him long ago, handing down the death penalty. Sanity or lack of it isn't really at issue; he's sane enough to commit to long-term plans, this "play insanity" of his isn't going to cut it in a courtroom.

Doesn't seem to have deterred him, or any other supercriminals in DC.
>>
>>88813136
Moldy old memes pls go.
>>
>>88812698

Now that is fucking terrifying.

Ultimately, the Joker has as good plot armor as Batman himself does, and Batman is fighting the writers as much as he is the Joker. It's all very meta.

In universe, thanks to the sliding timescale, I think the Joker isn't supposed to be free quite as much as he seems to be, or for as long. He spends the vast majority of his time in Arkham or underground. We just don't really get to see the quiet periods.
>>
>>88811237
The thing is, I can get Batman not torturing/killing/maiming the Joker. What I can't get is: Batman sometimes going great lengths to protect him getting killed.
>>
File: futures-end-37d.jpg (242KB, 1200x1001px) Image search: [Google]
futures-end-37d.jpg
242KB, 1200x1001px
>>88812698
>>88814255
I know everyone tries to forget it, but member this?
>>
>>88814285
Batman is mentally ill.
He feels he needs the Joker.
>>
>>88811237
Why doesn't Batman become a real detective/cop?
Because he hates responsibility.
>>
>>88814501

Not at all, he just recognizes the police have their limits, and that's before you even get into corruption. (In Year One, most of the police are in the mobs pocket.)

Police are, ultimately, reactionary. Rarely they catch someone in the act or prevent a crime by luck or someone reporting the prep. But for the most part, police arrive to do the clean up or deal with aftermath.

Batman meets crime on it's own terms, as it occurs, and then delivers the perps to the authorities. He'll stop a rapist as he drags the woman into an alley, rather than do a rape kit on a traumatized woman who has already suffered the crime, and is in the minority to come forwards. Ideally, he aims to stop a murderer getting far enough to actually commit the murder they plan.
>>
I've been saying this since before that stupid Synder endgame book, but they should just make the Joker immortal/unkillable/healing.

1) His origin is that he fell into green chemicals... just like that other Batman mcguffin.

2) Makes him more like a cartoon character but gruesome.

3) Him being "just normal" is never used for story reasons. We don't see anyone patching up the Joker or the Joker getting motion back into his legs after breaking them or anything. He's a phantom who always comes back. We're not interested in anything else. Just let it be that.

4) Makes sense to put him in Arkham/Blackgate instead of killing him. All you can do is put him away and hope he never gets out.

5) If he's going to be around forever no matter what, it makes sense to try to cure/rehabilitate him finally. Long term stakes. Batman's thing about putting Joker in Arkham is even more reasonable instead of deluded.

But that's just my hot take.
>>
File: Under the Red Hood.jpg (62KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Under the Red Hood.jpg
62KB, 1920x1080px
>>88811237
I, for one, am utterly sick and tired of all the Joker obsession floating around these days.
Now don't me wrong - I'm not some kind of contrarian who hates the Joker and thinks that he's the worst thing to happen to Batman. As a matter of fact, I happen to think he's quite enjoyable and can make an excellent foil to the Dark Knight.
But there's just too much of him going around these days. Hell, he's still floating about the 52 with no end in sight and he's being shoehorned into just about every piece of media with Batman wherever possible - vidya, DCEU, you name it. I fully believe they'll find a way to cram him into the Damian Arkham game as well.

So here's the thing - he needs to just fuck off for about 10 years.
Then he can come back.

Think about it - there could be a full 12-part series documenting how he goes in such a way that it's completely beyond reproach.
>Batman brings in the Joker and he gets sent to Arkham. Again.
>The news is all over every paper, website and radio spot in Gotham
>People, not some secret organization, not some conspiratorial conglomerate, but ordinary people finally petition the city's ruling council to put the Joker on trial for everything, EVERYTHING, he's done
>The argument that he's not fit to stand trial because of diminished capacity by way of mental instability is put forward
>The argument is rebuked - Judge Harkness order Julian Day's execution when he was declared incompetent so there's precedent

Continued
>>
File: muh clown husbando.jpg (247KB, 941x1490px) Image search: [Google]
muh clown husbando.jpg
247KB, 941x1490px
>>88811237
because Batman is gay for the Joker
>>
File: Gordon in 10 years.png (428KB, 407x612px) Image search: [Google]
Gordon in 10 years.png
428KB, 407x612px
Bruce! I'm sorry I failed you in helping you find your parents! You need to rape Jerome! I can't explain now, I made another deal with Penguin!
>>
File: Wait......jpg (28KB, 359x291px) Image search: [Google]
Wait......jpg
28KB, 359x291px
>>88814874
>The trial is being spun as an opportunity for Gotham City to finally have the chance to put to rest everything that's happened
>Batman is understandably concerned about it but there's nothing that he can do
>Full security is arranged for the trial - GCPD, National Guard, every meta-human defense conceivable and then some new one's they've invented just for this
>It's the fucking Fort Knox of judicial cases - Joker is in more irons than the entirety of the penal institution's population combined. Fucker's going nowhere and no amount of laughing gas can change that.
>Nobody could break him out if they wanted him to. This thing makes the prison complex on Apokolips look like the fucking naughty step
>The proceedings are conducted entirely by the book and to the letter
>Joker is arraigned and charged with everything he's ever done - every murder, every public nuisance, every assault, every reckless endangerment, every misuse of city resources, every kidnapping, every violation of the Human Rights Act. It's all being laid bare for everyone to see on the public record
>People are astonished with the sheer amount of shit that this guy has done
>The jury is selected as being completely independent - 12 men and women with some flown in from parts of the world where they don't even know his name, like the ass-end of Kuala Lumpur. Some need interpreters but the prosecution and the defense are eventually satisfied that the jurors are all completely impartial
>Trial begins
>Batman is called to the stand to explain how exactly he was responsible for the Joker's creation during the Red Hood incident
>Character witnesses are called both for and against

Continued
>>
File: Brand X.gif (487KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
Brand X.gif
487KB, 320x180px
>>88815110
>Jason Todd, Harley Quinn, Commissioner Gordon, Barbara Gordon, Harvey Bullock, the Royal Flush Gang, Time Drake, Dick Grayson etc.
>Expert witnesses are called forth to explain various emotional, mental and psychological conditions such as EED, Engramatic Dissociation, Cognitive Dissonance and so on
>Joker's victims are called to the stand
>Joker's business associates are called to the stand
>All of his dirty laundry is aired. All of it.
>Every argument is presented meticulously for and against with merits and drawbacks
>The entire series is written with legal precedent in mind
>Think about the most detailed and involved case of Law & Order you could possibly imagine and you're not far off
>Trial takes several months
>Jurors retire
>Return a guilty verdict
>Statement is made that although the Joker is indeed a victim of circumstances, that the system failed to protect the citizenry at large by ensuring his permanent neutralization can only be classified as willful negligence and a gross abuse of the system as well as a travesty of justice
>Batman is distraught but there's fuck all he can do - this is the system that he fights to protect at work
>Joker gets the chair
>Declared dead by the Medical Examiner
>Complete toxicology to ensure there's nothing in his system to allow him to come back
>Unmarked burial at sea

And that's how you get him to finally fuck off.
Well, at least until the writer's decide to bring him back next decade because of Lazarus Pit or whatever
>>
>>88815287
It would be better to show Bruce as being relieved that it's finally over. Then make some speech that the people of Gathom finally coming together looking for justice is a huge milestone as it's likely wont stop here as they will seek out the system that allowed him to go unchecked.
>>
>>88815610
I want to believe that but it's more likely that he'd be broken over having the Joker taken away from him
We all know how much he depends on him
>>
Why won't Batman just cannibalize Joker so there'd be no way he could come back?
>>
>>88816023
Because you just know some supervillain would pay some sewage worker to get hold of Batman's shit so he could reconstitute him
Don't say it wouldn't happen after the jar of Supercum
>>
>>88815287

Sounds good, though if done in a more Long Halloween/Dark Vengance tone rather than outright Law and Order, as that could somehow make the Joker dry. By all means, delve into the legal, and it would be interesting to read a list and number of his crimes, but it would be better as a single long trade/event.

Sadly though, the post-Infinite Crisis 'verse is gone, and that's the one I care about in the end. Muh setting. I don't give a damn about the larger New 52/Rebirth setting, except original Superman and the occasional Batbook.
>>
>>88817104
If they actually listed every one of Joker's crimes, I doubt they'd be able to fit it all into a single issue
They'd probably have to do a panel that says "The defendant is charged with yadda yadda yadda" and then have next panel say '3 hours later' ".......and 376 counts of causing a public nuisance. How does the defendant plead?"
>>
>>88817165
Actually, scratch that
The whole point is to have everything he's done laid bare
They'd probably just have to do a shit-load of text but condense it all down
>>
>will kill all of the henchmen and thugs on his way to the villain
>won't kill the villain
>>
>>88817165
>'3 hours later

lmao. You really think it'll last that short?
>>
>>88817266
If you shortened it with, say, 13762 counts of murder, 7185 counts of kidnapping and so on, I think you could fit it in
>>
the real question is, if every guard and everyone else in gotham is corrupted, why didn't bruce wayne use all of his wealth and intelligence to build a fucking robot-guarded prison? or just a prison manned by people without family, that live on prisongrounds in secured areas that are paid well enough to ignore bribes and shit?

besides medical coma and half a million gothamites just shooting the joker in the head (is there any big player in gotham that wouldn't want the joker dead actually?), it really never makes sense that he's in any position to escape, ever.
>>
also, the joker isn't charismatic and he couldn't possibly brainwash people with a few words. that literally makes no sense. he's no purple man you guys. if the joker was barbara'd, he would lose any footing he had.

other than quinn, who magically fell for him somehow, all his underlings follow him because he promises loot, safety from batman and mangled bodies if they don't follow him.
and he never made good on the first two promises. meaning, all he has now is their fear and hopes that he might end the bat one day maybe.

and that doesn't work once he's actually incapacitated. also, they might as well take his vocal chords if they went that far.
>>
If the commissioner himself uses Batman as an extension of law enforcement, I don't get why he doesn't think he has no right to pursue lethal force against a danger to the public even if its technically illegal... considering almost all the shit he does is illegal.
>>
>>88815287
burial in a live volcano or magic/lazarus/zombie virus will bring him back.

also, don't forget that there's always a clone.
>>
also, why don't none of those thelepaths and hypnotists and magicians just put a million circles of protection around his crazy?
turn him into something useful?

just on the basis that he's taking most of batmans free time, the justice league should take those 20 minutes and fix him with their powers and stuff.

or how about one of these days, we'll use any of their ten dozens of time machine macguffins to check on where he came from? maybe that can fix things up.

or heck, phantom zone him. is the phantom zone still a thing? i know superman phantom zoned people in the past.

or just, heck, imprison him on the other side of the globe, you know, where he has no supporters that could spring him.

you really believe any of his henchmen gave a fuck if the joker was wasting away in that hole in the ground from the third batman movie?

theres a billion ways to not waste the joker and still getting rid of him and his influence on gotham.
>>
>>88817796
>or heck, phantom zone him. is the phantom zone still a thing? i know superman phantom zoned people in the past.
Shit, that's actually a really good point
Doomsday got sent to the Phantom Zone
So why not The Joker?
>>
or nanites! put nanites into him that just turn him into jelly when he steps outside of his current prison.
they have nanites. and they have enough clever people to make them safe enough so none of the jokers goons or associates can break them without being noticed.
>>
I think this is the exact thread that made me tired of these threads.
>>
>>88814874
>>88815110
>>88815287
This'd be great but how would it work with the whole three Joker thing?
>>
>>88811382
>women and children

Why do women's lives matter more than men?

Could a woman lift a couch? Could women do math
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.