[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

AND THEN ALONG CAME ZEUS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 332
Thread images: 58

AND THEN ALONG CAME ZEUS
>>
YOU BETTER LET ME
USE MY LIGHTNING LIKE SCISSORS
LIKE I CUT THE LEGS OFF THE WHALES
THE DINOSAURS INTO LIZARDS
>>
As a kid I really enjoyed the music in this movie...and the movie in general was a favorite among me and my younger cousins, am I wrong in thinking all the people who bitch about it are just TGWTG crew parrots?
>>
>>88809960
Unless they're complaining about how they're nothing like the myths. you're fine.
>>
File: Zeus too late.png (288KB, 630x889px) Image search: [Google]
Zeus too late.png
288KB, 630x889px
>>88809899
HE HURLED HIS "THUNDERBOLT"
>>
>thats phils boy!

is it bad that that makes me tear up?
>>
File: hqdefault (1).jpg (15KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (1).jpg
15KB, 480x360px
>>88809960
the music is TOP NOTCH and practically the only songs that really top it is tarzan's whole soundtrack and hellfire and that voodoo song

hell TGWTG has been wrong multiple times

they fucking railed on the original conan

and only backtracked because last airbender fans anally raped them
>>
>>88809960
I really liked it, but I can't get away from the fact that Nostalgia Chick proved me wrong. How can I like something whilst knowing it is shit/
>>
>>88809996
I dunno. The movie doesn't really take itself that seriously.

Frankly I find the bit where Hercules goes to fight the cyclops despite having no powers more moving
>>
>>88809996
I feel ya anon, ever since I was a kid that part makes me tear up a little, the music certainly doesn't help, it really builds up at the right moment

>>88810046
I don't know, did she really prove anything? It's been a long time since I've even watched that review
>>
>>88810012
>tarzan's whole soundtrack

I'm with you on that, but I know a LOT of people disagree... and I can sorta see why. But fuck me, I love the music, favorite being Son of Man.
>>
>>88810107
t. Phil Collins
>>
That and the scene where Zeus finds out baby Hercules is kidnapped
and his anguish causes a lightning storm

I'm such a corny schmuck
>>
>>88809899
if all four titans aren't in kh3 the games a bust
>>
>>88810110

You can take that never-once-funny /sp/ or /int/ meme and jam it straight up your ass
>>
>>88809960
>all the people who bitch about it are just TGWTG crew parrots
I remember the Greeks being really pissed off with this film for its rather loose interpretation of the myths.
Don't get me wrong, Hercules was one of my favourites in the canon.
>based hades
>awesome gospel music
>dat meg
>>
>>88809899
NOW I'M A BELIEVER
>>
>>88810127
would rather have the black cauldron desu
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (97KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
97KB, 1440x900px
BLESS MY SOUL

HERC WAS ON A ROLL

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCoJvu8PF7Q
>>
>>88810183
>WE WUZ MUSES N SHEEEIIIT
>>
Everytime I watch this, I coulda sworn it ended on a reprise of Zero to Hero but no
>>
>>88810158
If horned king is a boss fight, I'll gladly accept that instead. Although both would be great
>>
>Hades
>Villain

Everytime
>>
>>88810211
It's like how Coca Cola decided Santa wore red and that changed all of society to accept him wearing red

Disney decided Hades was the villain, so nw Hades is the bad olympic god for all things
>>
Disney's Hercules starts as an educational movie about the Greek Myths, but it get hijacked by the Muses.

Then it becomes a musical comedy.
>>
>>88809960
>TGWTG

Don't even know what that means but back when the film was new I do remember people bitching about it for "Promoting pagan beliefs", I live in the Bible Belt if you couldn't tell.
>>
File: SScap108.jpg (257KB, 590x906px) Image search: [Google]
SScap108.jpg
257KB, 590x906px
>>88810216

Nah senpai, that began with Saint Seiya.
>>
>>88809899
how did this movie survive the american christian conservative customer-base?
>>
>>88810220
It's a Superman adaptation.
>>
>>88810221
>>88810236
Wasn't aware of this heavy Christian backlash. It's a fucking cartoon
>>
>>88810211
Sometimes I like to watch the movie whilst pretending that Hera is pulling all the strings so that Hades can take out Zeus in an act of revenge for having another child with a mortal. Therefore, it is more historically/religiously accurate and Hades did literally nothing wrong.
>>
>>88810236
Dunno. How did Aladdin survive despite name-dropping Allah?
>>
>>88810211
>Implying he was

I was rooting for Hades the whole time. Dude got screwed over by Zeus
>>
>>88809899
I thought it was Hexxus.
>>
>>88810271
>it's barbaric, but hey it's home
>>
>>88810286
>Dude got screwed over by Zeus

Yeah, just cause your father ate you and then spat you back out does not make you younger all of a sudden. Imagine a universe where Hades was God of the sky and king of the Gods.
>>
>>88810271
i don't think name-dropping Allah would be the same thing as genie explaining that djinns were created by Allah along with everything else upon the earth.

i think the greek god's portrayal as comedic buffoons, rather than dietys presented in a serious manner might have helped hercules.
>>
Even as a kid, it never made sense to me how Zeus could defeat all four titans by himself in the past
>>
>>88810326
Why?
>>
>>88809960

hercules is by far one of my favorite disney movies. the characters were extremely likeable and the music was fantastic.

but then again, i also really loved moana in large part to maui so maybe i just have a weakness for disney demigods
>>
>>88810368
Because he immediately gets beaten when Hades releases them
>>
Was Megara really bad, or was she just drawn that way?
>>
>>88810501
But that was a prophecy anon. Fate magic and shit
>>
File: 1409714457463.jpg (5KB, 144x216px) Image search: [Google]
1409714457463.jpg
5KB, 144x216px
>>88809988
>>
>>88810501
Obviously he got weak doing nothing but sitting on his ass since sealing up the Titans.
>>
File: Hercules 3.jpg (59KB, 850x354px) Image search: [Google]
Hercules 3.jpg
59KB, 850x354px
"One Last Hope" is an underrated song.
>>
>>88810501
In the first situation, the Titans had been running amok for a while, and were presumably complacent in their position. Zeus wanted to change things, so he and his allies were able to prepare and dictate the circumstances of the fight, perhaps involving surprise and ganging up one one opponent. In the second situation, the positions were flipped, so the outcome was too.
>>
>>88810183
This is my favorite Disney song, at least lyric wise. Find me a better line in any Disney song than:
>And they slapped his face on every vase
>On every VAHZ!
Or
>He could tell you what's a Grecian "earn"
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16XbXlkdOAE

Favorite dub.
>>
Anyone remember that "making of" special at the end of the VHS?

It was so comfy.
>>
>>88809899
I find it a bit funny that Disney worked really hard on Moana to get the mythology in their movie right or close to right

but they didn't even fucking try in Hercules, completely fucked up Greek mythology, which is both easier to get sources on and less diverse/contradictory as Polynesian mythology

Like why weren't more people made about this? Like the Percy Jackson Series and God of War Series were both more true and respectful takes on Greek mythology than this crap
>>
File: latest.jpg (116KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
116KB, 1280x720px
This and the Hydra scene always makes me wish the movie took itself a bit more seriously.

For lack of a better word, they're pretty damn epic.
>>
File: MI0001836440.jpg (42KB, 500x512px) Image search: [Google]
MI0001836440.jpg
42KB, 500x512px
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cu6ze1wmSxA

Find me a better pop/ballad version of a Disney song.

Oh, yeah, you can't.
>>
>>88810562
If by underrated, you mean the worst song in the movie and one that almost ruins the training montage
>>
>>88810622
There's no ancient greeks around anymore, so there was nobody to get super offended and get uppity in the news because their gods weren't treated with due respect and accuracy. So unlike with Moana they could make style and character changes for the sake of making their movie more profitable
>>
>>88810640
>style and character changes
by which you mean change like what 99%? They pretty much just kept the names and the monsters nothing and no one acted or worked like they were suppose to

They basically wrote an original story and pasted greek names on it
>>
>>88810662
And that's fine because most people don't know anything about ancient greek mythology besides the names and some general character traits
>>
>>88810640
Because greek people are more or less white and it turns out we sort of dont give a shit about "cultural appropriation" or whatever the fuck. We've got thousands of years of culture that's been mixing, mingling, changing, shipped out overseas, remixed, etc. It's all just water off a duck at this point.
>>
>>88810686
Alright Adolf, settle down
>>
>>88810669
not really its pretty bad actually

especially when just following the myths more closely might have actually gotten them a good story
>>
>>88810697
I don't think James woods voicing evil jealous Hera would have had quite the same kick
>>
>>88810697
It might have but you can't really have a movie about Zeus fucking people for kids.
>>
>>88810622
they came out at much different times desu

herc came out when disney just cared about making a decent and enjoyable movie

moana came out when the audience was filled with easily angered sjw who think they're professional critics and have the internet to rant and rage on.
>>
>>88810622
>>88810640
>>88810662
>>88810697
>>88810686
original greek mythology is fucked up. How in the fucking hell did you expect a disney movie about greek myths to be realistic and still portray god as the good guy.

Remember the time hercules came out. They couldn't have been accurate or it would have failed or worse kill the studio's image.
>>
>>88810705
>>88810703
Could have gone with something like Orpheus instead of Hercules

Hades as the villain still makes sense then, a musical makes a bit more sense if the main character is a musician and we don't have to make up poorly written love interests

still probably have to alter the real ending so Orpheus actually saves his wife but whatever they always force a happily ever after no matter how dark the myth the borrow from really ends
>>
>>88810713

Is there ANY movie about the greek myths that portray them accurately, though?
>>
>>88810738
But the point is kids get taught about Hercules in school when they're like 6 and the teachers don't have to do real lessons yet.

Brand name recognition. Who the fuck is Orpheus
>>
>>88810749
You'd have to define accurately since there are so many versions of the myths out there.
>>
>>88810749
completely accurately? nah but its pretty hard to get less accurate than the Disney Hercules movie
>>
File: gerald scarfe.jpg (37KB, 669x424px) Image search: [Google]
gerald scarfe.jpg
37KB, 669x424px
>>88809899
yfw you just found out the designs for Hercules came from a political cartoonist who animated Pink Floyd's " The Wall".
>>
>>88810749
you are better off looking for that shit in videogames. Greek myths almost never have good endings and people are punished for trying to be unique or heroic while our gods gods show how petty they are and Zeus keeps fucking things and making more problems
>>
>>88810761
>>88810738
Why is it ok for Disney to warp all the Grimm tales, but this one gets your goat?
>>
>>88810286

dude got the underworld and all its mineral treasures, gems, precious metals, He's richer than all of the gods combined.
>>
>>88810271
>How did Aladdin survive despite name-dropping Allah?

You do realize that Allah is just the Arabic for God.
It's literally the same deity as the one most people refer to when saying "Oh my God!"
The Jews, Christians and Muslims are all divisions of the same religion, merely with different interpretations of events.
>>
>>88810254

before the SJWs there were the soccer moms.
>>
>>88810788
Because they literally just wrote an original story and pasted greek names on it

its probably a stretch to even claim what they wrote was inspired by greek myth

Most other things they write aren't actually that far off, they can be pretty far off sometimes but not this far off or sometimes they are pegged more as reimaginings than portrayals of the original myth but even then they often have more elements in common with the older versions than this does with actual Hercules

like the only things that seems to be consistent are Hercules name, Zeus being his father and that he is super strong
>>
File: Bleergee.png (17KB, 333x500px) Image search: [Google]
Bleergee.png
17KB, 333x500px
i got this retarded friend of mine who thinks Disney's Hercules is a shity adaptation of percy jackson
>>
>>88810046
I don't remember her thinking it was bad, just not nearly as good as it should have been.
>>
>Hades turns Medusa into human
>Aphrodite : J-Just be yourself
>>
>>88810854
What?

Disney's Hercules predates the Percy Jackson books by eight fucking years.

Not to mention the character is from myths that are thousands of years old.

Does this idiot think the Percy Jackson series invented the concept of demigods?
>>
>>88810738
Orpheus isn't that interesting as a story unless he fails.

It'd be better if they sugar-coated it with him finally getting over Eurydicia and going on with his life. But it'd still be a bit too "mature" for a Disney classic.
>>
>>88809960
I don't hate the movie but it's pretty much the definition of style over substance. I think some people dislike it because of how flimsy the core plot is.
>>
File: its_a_science.jpg (30KB, 463x327px) Image search: [Google]
its_a_science.jpg
30KB, 463x327px
>People hate Hercules because it's not like the mythology

Funny thing is my French Literature teacher hated Disney's Hunchback of Notre Dame. Why do people expect Disney to follow the source material letter per letter? It's not like a hidden fact that Disney butchers most of their adaptation.
>>
>>88811273
I've always seen Disney films as fantasies inspired by real world mythology and legends. Getting mad at them for not being 100% correct is like getting mad at Tolkien or George RR Martin for not being perfectly on point with European mythology.
>>
>>88810158
They don't have the rights anymore.

Or maybe they do since they're working on a live-action version.
>>
I didn't mind the changes to the myths except that Herc was said to be the last of the Greek heroes, who were all dead failures. I get that's important for Phil but it's depressing.

Fortunately the cartoon ignored all that.
>>
>>88810286
He really didn't.
Hades was kind of a greedy fuck. Sympathy for mythological Hades is misplaced. He wanted his position because he was aware of what wealth it brings and didn't really care much for the Prestige or Glory of being Sky King. He just so happened to also become ruler of the dead as well and he was a professional.
Poseidon was the one who was usually pissed about not having Zeus' job.

If Hades were real he wouldn't care that everyone thinks he's the Greek Devil, he'd probably be more uneasy about the significant increase in mined precious metals and jewels though.
>>
>>88811399
It's ironic that Hades is probably the nicest of the gods. Keeps his head down, does his job, is actually not entirely unreasonable when Hero #342372 comes knocking.
>>
>>88810686
>Because greek people are more or less white
Wow so you're an idiot okay.
No greek person would ever be so careless to just write themselves off as "Just white" so hastily or ever consider that.
>>
>>88811399
What use is wealth when he's stuck in the underworld and can't spend it?
>>
MY ANSWER IS TWO WORDS
>>
>>88811438
Not only that but he has to play prison warden to every human and whatever else they threw into Tartarus.
>>
>>88811423
Not to mention he's got a hot wife.
>>
>>88811423
I think Hestia is the nicest. Worst I hear she did was get indignant when a bunch of Mortals got mad at her for trying to throw a baby in a fire but
>>88811438
He just wants it. I mean what use is wealth when you're a god. What use is wealth period really it's just objects we arbitrarily assigned value to and decide to trade useful objects or services for it.
>>
>>88811481
>get indignant when a bunch of Mortals got mad at her for trying to throw a baby in a fire
That's Demeter (her Homeric Hymn, specifically), although Demeter does go off the rails on many, many occasions.

Artemis might actually be the worst. Either her or Poseidon.
>>
>>88811497
>Either her or Poseidon.
My vote is always for Poseidon.
Even when people faithfully pay hm tribute he fucks them over because he's mad he didn't get the magic sky castle.
>>
>>88811273

The boss of the Egyptian collection in the museum of antiquities here hates The Prince of Egypt.

People take film too seriously. I fucking love PoE, even though the priest's song makes fuck all sense.
>>
>>88811273
Polynesians hate Moana
Blacks hate Princess and the Frog
You can't ever win with minorities.
Disney bastardizes the mythos and facts of a people but they do so for entertainment and to spare children the nasty truth of how shit history is for a few more years. Also they at least try to maintain the spirit of the myths or people as best they can. Shit like We Know the Way from moana is a perfect representation of how amazingly badass Polynesian sailors were even if they didn't get the dances exactly right.
>>
>>88809960
Hercules was my favorite Disney movie and still is. And Zero to Hero is my favorite song.
>>
>>88809899
Shouldn't he be holding his dick instead of a lightning bolt? He did more smiting with it.
>>
>>88811462
O-K
>>
>>88811698
Holy shit
>>
>>88811509
>The entire plot of Age of Mythology is Poseidon abandoning his faithful worshippers in Atlantis and trying to help a cyclops release the titans because fuck them
>>
>>88811768
Just saying...Greek gods fucked around. I assume most of the praying was for the gods to stay the fuck out of mortal lives.
>>
>>88810896
probably
>>
File: 1398725066921s.jpg (4KB, 124x113px) Image search: [Google]
1398725066921s.jpg
4KB, 124x113px
>>88811698
Lost
>>
>>88811679
>Blacks hate Princess and the Frog
they do?
>>
>>88811805
More 'please fuck with THOSE assholes and not us'
>>
>mfw I spent an entire night watching foreign language versions of Zero to Hero

German one is great
>>
>>88811679
No we don't. It's a good movie.
>>
File: zeus.webm (3MB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
zeus.webm
3MB, 720x405px
>>
>>88812262
Sat what you will about zeus, but nigga got style.
>>
>>88810134
t. Man-bitch
>>
>>88811679
>Blacks hate princess and the frog

No we dont
>>
>>88811423
Hades and nice don't go together in any form. Hades was lawful. He didn't fuck around with other people because he didn't give a shit, but he also didn't give a shit about helping them.
>>
>>88810046
She said it was "meh" because of the inconsistent tone, not shit.
Not everything works in extremes anon
>>
I literally spent one whole day as a 7 year old watching this movie over and over again in one sitting and it felt brand new each time, and I could remember playing with the Hercules Happy Meals, I had Zeus boutta throw a lightning bolt and the stone titan which you can open in half, and the small phil one
>>
>>88811865
This. I'm black and everyone I know loves that movie. My mom went as far and bought the Tirana barbie and kept it mint
>>
File: 1434829291864.jpg (594KB, 640x3340px) Image search: [Google]
1434829291864.jpg
594KB, 640x3340px
>>88810229
Good times!
>>
File: mortalpotiojn.png (392KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
mortalpotiojn.png
392KB, 853x480px
Where the hell did Hades get God to Mortal juice from and why didn't he just give it too Zeus?

Did he get it from Hecate?
>>
File: 68987-25018.jpg (9KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
68987-25018.jpg
9KB, 320x240px
So the hottest muse is Terpsichore, yeah? Cutest face and the most adorable voice. Shame she doesn't get more individuals lines in songs. Her appearance in the T.V show was great though.
>>
>>88809960
Dude, the use of gospel music was an inspired choice for the muses as well as a great way to keep some of the greek play style intact.
>>
>>88812485
Because the prophecy warned him about Herc and you really don't want to play your hand early when you have a shot at all of reality.
>>
>>88812504
But he just found out the prophecy from the Fates. Then he just goes to some secret vault and pulled the mortal potion out.

>How do you kill a God?
>You make him mortal

....Reproduce that damn serum, then trick everyone into drinking it and bam! Hades is the only full God left.
>>
>>88812504
It was always weird to me that being the keeper of the Underworld he didn't realized that Herc wasn't dead.
Didn't he, like, check?
>>
>>88812523
>>88812485

The prophecy talks about Hercules. If he gives the potion to Zeus, He would have beat Zeus but the Prophecy would still be intact and the only way to get out of that predetermined thing is to stop it before it could happen.

Hades learned of the prophecy when Hercules was already born
>>
>>88810183

PERSON OFTHEWEEKINEVERYGREEKOPINIONPOLL!

but seriously, man the muses were great.
>>
>>88812485
>>88812523
Because of the prophecy, everything was a predetermined fate
>>
>>88812576
>>88812576
....Then why not make the Fates mortal?
>>
>>88810632

the bit in Moana when she does the final big chorus of "how far I'll go" reminded me of that track so much I started singing "go the distance" quietly to myself.
>>
>>88810137
Well, it's a kids movie. You can't really talk about how everything Hercules went through was due to Zeus being a ho.
>>
>>88810216

You do get stuff like God of War that portrays all the gods as douchebags though.
>>
>>88812593
nigga you are not getting it.

There was nothing Hades could do to stop the prophecy, its gonna happen one way or another
>>
>>88812593
the entire thing of greek myth prophecies is that in attempting to avoid the prophecy (generally in hilariously overreactive ways) they end up making it come true.
>>
>>88811679
>lying to fit your narrative
>>>/pol/
>>
>>88811679
>I have never meet black people
>>
>>88811785
CURSE YOU MERCIFUL POSEIDON
>>
>>88810587
>"earn"
It's spelled URN you motherfucking retard
>>
>>88812262
source?
>>
>>88810137
Their main complain was Hades' portrayal. Disney made him a satan expy when he's just the guy that rules the underworld.
>>
>>88810271
Because he did it in 1993, not 20xx.

Remember, Indiana Jones had arabs as Indy's allies in two movies.
>>
>>88813228
hades wasn't seen as a bad guy by ancient greeks.
for them that was Ares and poseidon
ares was just a angry dick that promoted mindless slaughter
poseidon was just a massive dick that spawned most of the monsters.
add that he raped medusa in the temple of athena.
instead of helping medusa, nope instead athena kicks her out curses her to be ugly with the snake her and puts out the word of the terrible gorgon monster.

they where all cunts, hades was just one of the most chill, he didn't bother with the living, and he did his job as guardian of the after life.
the only time he got pissed was when 2 dudes whent in the underworld to kidnap hades wife, he had them stuck to stone chairs for eternity. one was later saved by hercules (the guy who just helped the other dude) but the guy who wanted persephone as his, remained trapped.
>>
>>88813286
>ares was just a angry dick that promoted mindless slaughter
Ares was a god of oaths, he literally has top billing in the Athenian ephebic oath right next to Athena, and various cities around the Mediterranean actually used him as a guardian spirit (there's one near Cilicia that had a huge statue to him, requesting his protection from pirates and raiders, you basically enact a symbolic binding, which means his power is unleashed in defense of your settlement against anybody who attacks it). He's also called in various areas the golden defender of Olympus, he's one of the classical twelve most important deities, and in his aspect as a god of Justice the Athenians named the Areopagus after him.

He's anything but an angry dick and god of mindless slaughter. That only really happens in the Iliad, and there are plenty of other times in that same poem where he's used for just as much positive reinforcement, like when Zeus says he'll give Hector great glory because he's fated to die, and then does it by putting the spirit of Ares into him.
>>
>>88813509
On the Areopagus, incidentally, it's mythically called that because Ares was put on trial for killing somebody. Specifically, killing one of Poseidon's asshole sons. Who had raped Ares' daughter, and Ares wasn't having that shit. (He was aquitted, by the way.)
>>
>>88813286
This is almost all wrong. Greeks venerated both Ares and Poseidon far more than Hades. Poseidon was one of their most important gods and patron of numerous cities and professions, and while Ares was seen as kind of negative and a bit of an idiot, he was still one of the twelve Olympians and called upon for a number of reasons.

Hades meanwhile, was truly feared. He was the embodiment of the absoluteness of death, and the Greeks took great care not to attract his attention to the point that they wouldn't even speak his name, calling him Plouton (The rich one) instead, the same way they called the Furies "The Kindly Ones."

Hades was not evil in the sense that he was not wicked and had no ambition to overthrow the order Zeus established, but he was cold, stern, pitiless and merciless. While the other gods could be jerks, they also spent huge portions of the myth randomly helping mortals out of simple altruism. Meanwhile, it's an important plot point that Hades was moved to mercy exactly once in all of his appearances in the mythology.

Hades being a chill dude is even more of a meme than Hades the Satan is.
>>
>>88810195
They were muses and shit. You do know black people existed in ancient Greece, right?
>>
>>88811474
Yeah that he kidnapped and held hostage
>>
>>88813833
>kidnapped and held hostage
Got married with her father's blessing.
>>
>>88813833
thats what only her dumbass cry baby mother thought.
persephone loved hades.
but her mother wanted her to be with her 24/7
>>
>>88813158
That's the joke you retard. Earn and Urn sound similar. The line is talking about how he is getting rich (earning money), while the animation shows a sweatshot making Grecian urns with his face on them.
>>
>>88810216
Wrong on both accounts. Santa wearing red predates the Coca Cola ads, Coke noticed the similar color scheme and capitalized on it, though they did probably help cement that design of Santa.

As for Hades, that goes back thousands of years. There was always a weird translation thing where the realm of Hades was equated to the christian Hell, and by extension Mr. Hades was equated to the devil, but even in Greek society Hades was, well, if not considered bad, was certainly considered kinda creepy, and wasn't worshiped like Zeus and Poseidon were.
>>
>>88813909
Shit way of trying to defend your ship.
There's conflicting sources on that, including those that claim that by staying in the Underworld Persephone became even more cold heartened than Hades.
>>
>>88813909
It's a little more complicated than that.
From the start it's clear Hades loved her, be that just from him or from Aphrodite's doing. Hades relents and lets her leave when he sees how sad she is. But there are rules and he still wants to be with her so the four-six month thing is settled on.

Over time Persephone does seem come to love Hades, and in later stories is shown to be violently jealous of anyone else that even remotely catches her husband's eye.
>>
>>88810622
>God of War Series
Reminder that he was called Hercules instead of Herakles in GoW as well. Nobody dares to use Herakles, desu.
>>
>>88814262
What if the title was Hercules but the movie itself uses Herakles?
>>
Hercules is one of the best movies to come out of the disney renaissance. It's underrated as fuck.
>>
>>88812262
It seems like she'd be upset he didn't do her in bull form
>>
>>88810622
Original Greek Mythology is not Children friendly. Even older films like Jason and the Argonauts tone down the horror.

Though I would love a Disney Hercules film with Hera as a classic-Disney style villain.
>>
>>88814262
it makes me sad, I actually prefer Herakles.
>>
>>88814394
Just a lot going on.
>>
>>88811679
I don't know anyone who hates Princess and the Frog, mostly because no one seems to care about it that much.
>>
>>88814749
What does that even mean?
>>
File: 200_s[1].gif (58KB, 332x200px) Image search: [Google]
200_s[1].gif
58KB, 332x200px
>>88810249
>Disney make a live action version
>Zack Snyder directs it
IF YOU LOVE THESE PEOPLE THEN YOU CAN MOURN FOR THEM
>>
File: 1480305345311.gif (496KB, 500x455px) Image search: [Google]
1480305345311.gif
496KB, 500x455px
>>88810587
holy fuck i never got that and i listened to this at least 20 times
>>
I Won't Say I'm in Love is underrated as fuck.

https://youtu.be/Tl0DMTlwLw4
>>
>>88815753
One of the best songs
>>
>>88814262
I'm sure Sony originally intended to call him Herakles in the game, but realized Hercules was far more popular and recognizable of a name. Plus lets be honest, it rolls off the tongue a lot better.

Some dubs do use Herakles tho. I know the spanish version of the game does at least.
>>
File: image.jpg (40KB, 335x327px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40KB, 335x327px
>That's Phil's boy!
>>
>>88810591
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_1905916245&feature=iv&src_vid=HnqH29dgPao&v=Jf1fkWKf3x8
>>
>>88815109
One minute you're tending to a herd of bulls, then one starts making eyes at you, you do a bit of flirting, then he wisks you away on his back, now he can run on water,Now you're on some island, I guess he was really Zeus in disguise, now he's macking on you. A lot to take in.
>>
>>88810622
Greeks are white, so you don't have to care about accurately representing their culture, because white culture doesn't exist.
>>
>Oh man, Moana was really fun, I should check out that chapter on Polynesians in my old book on world mythologies
>Maui dies crushed by the obsidian vagina of a startled Death Goddess after he tried to sneak in to steal the source of immortality

Man, what a fuckin' way for a hero to go...
>>
>>88810623
Fuck this makes me remember the Hercules floats at the Disneyland parade. Those were so awesome.
>>
>>88811785
And then AoM shits on any accuracy by having Prometheus, of all Titans, go rampaging on mankind after Kastor conquers Olympus.
Although his history screen does say he was imprisioned in Tartarus by suspicion of having conspired with Poseidon.
>>
File: 1432356335806.png (98KB, 466x720px) Image search: [Google]
1432356335806.png
98KB, 466x720px
>>88816021
>Greeks are white
>>
>>88810195
/pol/, please
>>
>>88810828
Don't forget he has the largest kingdom too. Everyone that dies ends up in his kingdom. Its why he was usually so chill eventually everyone dies and belong to him.
>>
File: 1345751475200.jpg (212KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1345751475200.jpg
212KB, 640x480px
>>88810229
>>88812480
>World where the gods got reincarnated, have a Catholic character that beats Lucifer ass while praying to Athena, with the help os the cosmos given by astrologic powers.
>>
>>88816270
A Turk can call himself a Greek in the same way he calls the city Istanbul, but neither is the truth.
>>
>>88816021
>greeks are white
>>
>>88816021
>Greeks are white
>>
>>88812426
So that already makes him better then all the other Greek gods who fucked with everyone they could.
>>
>>88812262
ride_the_lightning.mp3
>>
File: 1477291788019.jpg (15KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1477291788019.jpg
15KB, 640x480px
>>88816021
>Greeks are White
>>
>>88812524
By looking at every dead baby that came to his domain? He had other things to do.
>>
>>88816415
Don't forget Shaka of Virgo. The Buddhist, who is the "closest to god", a solder of Athena and went to hell to fight Hades.
>>
File: 1477597899206.gif (224KB, 346x358px) Image search: [Google]
1477597899206.gif
224KB, 346x358px
>>88816421
Except we're not talking about Turks. We're talking about Greeks.

Also, it is Istanbul. Been so for the past 550ish years. Nigga needs a history lesson.
>>
>>88816563
>/pol/
>history knowledge

Choose one.
>>
>>88816592
>>
>>88814262
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VazWWk67p-s
>>
>>88816637
>Black gospel song, sing by japanese woman praising Hercules

Funny hear how they are trying their best to be on the flow, but the language does not help.
>>
>>88816467
The Greek Gods did not fuck with everyone they could. They fucked with people who disrespected them.

Frankly if you're stupid enough to mock the dude who rules the cosmos and controls the weather, it's your own damn fault.
>>
>>88812564
IRonically, everything he does to prevent it only serves to make it happen.

He was in the definition of a greek tragedy.
>>
>>88816739
In this respect, were the Greek Gods better or worse than the Christian God? From what I remember Big G just fucked with people for no reason to test their "faith".
>>
>ice titan
>fire titan
>rock titan
>wind titan
>eye... titan.

Explain this.
>>
>>88816739
Yes because being raped in a temple where you work at by another god is disrespectful, or being a better weaver than a god is totally justified reason to be turned into a spider.
>>
>>88816739
They also fucked with people because they were horny fuckers.
>>
>>88816863
Cyclops are technically the sons of Poseidon and titans.
>>
>>88816739
>They fucked with people who disrespected them.

They also fucked with people who they THINK disrespected them, even if they didn't actually disrespect them. They also fucked with people based on wagers and dares.

Remember when you declined getting shitfaced drunk with that old guy because you were late for work? Well, he was really Dionysus, and now your entire village is going to get smote to ruin because he feels slighted.
>>
>>88816791
It was ONE time, cause of a bet, and Job's life was fine after
>>
>>88811190
Well, it's basically Superman combined with a sports movie.

It's still a damn fun movie.
>>
>>88816791
If you mean the old testament God, they're about the same. Both are products of relatively similar mentalities (compared to us, I mean), with a lot of the nuance lost in translation to modern popular culture.

Jesus was a much cooler dude tho.

>>88816880
To the Greeks, it totally was. Now the Greeks were total misogynist bastards, no argument there, but their Gods make sense in the context of what the Greeks thought was right.

>>88816963
Well not really, but he would fuck you up for denying him hospitality, because hospitality was a sacred law in Greece. Besides, most myths have the gods in disguise showing telltale signs that they're gods, and the moron hosts going "lol yeah right, let's fuck'em up instead."
>>
>>88813663
>You do know black people existed in ancient Greece, right?

Yes and none of those few was relevant in either society or mythology.
Go back to tumblr.
>>
When do I get my animated movie?
>>
>>88817319
Idk about an animated movie, but you already got a TV show
>>
>>88810860
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KznZcK7ksf4
>>
File: 1266640387430.jpg (22KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1266640387430.jpg
22KB, 320x240px
>>88817244
But Ethiopia is mentioned several times in the Iliad, and according to Herodotus, Dionysius was born there (Nysa)
>>
>>88817244
lol mad
>>
File: 635762034478353195.jpg (55KB, 555x555px) Image search: [Google]
635762034478353195.jpg
55KB, 555x555px
>>88817319

IT'S TIME TO D-D-D-DUEL
>>
>>88809899

Thanks for providing me my new wallpaper
>>
>>88817438
The claim was about people, not nations (and the Iliad isn't a myth anyway), and Dionysius was the son of Zeus.
The closest thing to black people in the myths are ones like Thanatos, and even then he was described as being "black", not african or moorish or whatever.
>>
>>88817409
Disney swept it under the rug by giving it a TV show and making a major part of the parade focus on it?
>>
>>88816592
>>88816606
/co/ isn't any better, describing Hades as "the nicest god" because they read that somewhere in tvtropes.
>>
File: 1432080890664.png (307KB, 403x403px) Image search: [Google]
1432080890664.png
307KB, 403x403px
>>88817244
>Memnon
>Cepheus
>Cassiopeia
>Irrelevant
>>
File: zeus.jpg (57KB, 475x475px) Image search: [Google]
zeus.jpg
57KB, 475x475px
>>88809988
>>
File: 1429480633347.jpg (68KB, 431x450px) Image search: [Google]
1429480633347.jpg
68KB, 431x450px
>>88817528
>that cherry picking

/pol/ please.
>>
>>88817244
You know there's an age limit to post here, right?
>>
File: 1286829940742.jpg (58KB, 251x251px) Image search: [Google]
1286829940742.jpg
58KB, 251x251px
>>88817621
Your forgot Andromeda (Ethiopian), who according to the myth was prettier than Nereids (Greek)

/pol/ BTFO
>>
>>88817621
>>88817814

Aethiopia was a name used to refer to many african nations, some of which colonized by greeks or other mediterranean civilizations, not (limited) to refer to moder day Ethiopia.
Here's an ancient depiction of your black skinned beauty.

>>88817719
>attempt shitty revisionism
>buttmad when it fails
>>
>>88817742
Of course, if I could enforce it I would. Unfortunately I can just tell them to go back.
>>
>>88816895
Yeah but so was Athena and I'm sure a few other Olympians.
Really he was just a recognizable monster. >>88816791
Depends on what you mean by better. We atleast have the concept that God is infallible, will reward your faith, and does so for a reason even if it's unknown to us. Greek Gods could just be petty dicks and atleast today's standards believe that their worshippers understood they could just be petty dicks.
>>
>>88817850
>Herodotus source
>Revisionism

Of course it's about colonized parts of Africa, doofus, but still black people. Which you said were "irrelevant" to history or civilization.
Good ol' boy Herodotus explain the case ;

"Where the south declines towards the setting sun lies the country called Ethiopia, the last inhabited land in that direction. There gold is obtained in great plenty, huge elephants abound, with wild trees of all sorts, and ebony; and the men are taller, handsomer, and longer lived than anywhere else. The Ethiopians were clothed in the skins of leopards and lions, and had long bows made of the stem of the palm-leaf, not less than four cubits in length. On these they laid short arrows made of reed, and armed at the tip, not with iron, but with a piece of stone, sharpened to a point, of the kind used in engraving seals. They carried likewise spears, the head of which was the sharpened horn of an antelope; and in addition they had knotted clubs. When they went into battle they painted their bodies, half with chalk,and half with vermilion. . ."

Any more damage control?
>>
File: cesariperseusandromeda.jpg?w=768.jpg (122KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
cesariperseusandromeda.jpg?w=768.jpg
122KB, 768x1024px
>>88817850
She's just light skinned
Though really take paintings of MYTHS with a grain of salt.There's a good chance those nations could've just been decided upon because they were exotic or in the general direction of what they symbolized/believed. And really it's not like that pot signifies race unless you believe that Zeus fucked a living shadow of a woman.
>>
File: ohmy_1280.png (728KB, 1012x569px) Image search: [Google]
ohmy_1280.png
728KB, 1012x569px
>>88818025
>the men are taller, handsomer, and longer lived than anywhere else

OH MY
>>
>>88817936
Athena was born from Zeus. Usually.
>>
>>88818069
Zeus fucked and ate Metis.
Metis gave birth to Athena who lived inside her father until she emerged from his head.
>>
>>88818044
It's /pol/, they will grab into Red Hiding Hod if that proves DA MASTER RACE bullshit

Any light at historical facts is jew lies/marxism/revisionism/degeneration
>>
>>88818025
>history or civilization.
I said society or mythology.

>but still black people.
No, if they were colonized you can bet the royals weren't purely natives, just like Cleopatra VII wasn't 100% egyptian.

You're backpedaling and putting words in my mouth, at this point it's pretty clear the argument is over.

>>88818044
The color of the people clearly doesn't mean races, but the depiction in its whole, from face traits to cloths shows a greek woman.

Of course it's all fiction in the end, but the point was that the Andromeda of myth wasn't thought of as a black princess, and it isn't to this day.
>>
http://disneyshercules.wikia.com/wiki/Olympian_Gods

fuck marry kill
>>
File: david-franco-campos-icetitan.jpg (479KB, 1920x2162px) Image search: [Google]
david-franco-campos-icetitan.jpg
479KB, 1920x2162px
Seems like good place as any to dump these
>>
>>88810271
I bet the American-Arab Anti-Discrimination Committee's now thinking:
>hey, you guys remember when the most troubling media depiction of us was that song lyric from fucking Aladdin? God I miss the 1990s!
>>
File: david-franco-campos-wind-titan.jpg (268KB, 1920x1517px) Image search: [Google]
david-franco-campos-wind-titan.jpg
268KB, 1920x1517px
>>88818133
>>
>>88818120
>no posts about jews or aryans anywhere
>SEE H-HAHA THEY THINK IT WAS DA JOOS
>WE WUZ ACHILLES N SHIEEET

Keep going, you're a riot.
Especially hilarious considering this thread proves how little /co/ knows about anything at all, starting with "but HADES WAS THE GOOD GUY FUCKING DISNEY".
>>
>>88813265
So did the third Rambo movie.
>>
File: david-franco-campos-lavatitan.jpg (511KB, 1920x1517px) Image search: [Google]
david-franco-campos-lavatitan.jpg
511KB, 1920x1517px
>>88818156
>>
>>88818025
>Black people
>Living long
>Handsome
See that's clearly a myth. I bet you think there are a bunch of Hairy women down near Morocco.
>>
File: 1473299118237.jpg (327KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1473299118237.jpg
327KB, 900x900px
>>88818124
>Mythology have nothing to do about society

This guy, I swear.

Also I just quoted a part were Herodotus says clear as crystal that the Ethiopians were different from the average greek person. So the girl described as the Ethiopian princess, and prettier than any greek woman, falls into that category too

Mixed or not, it is obvious she was not the average greek archetype. If she was black, arabic, or only dark skinned it up to debate, but still trashing the whole MASTER RACE theory.
>>
>>88818170
it's always about the Jews with /pol/, it's implicit in everything they post
>>
>>88818170
>no posts about jews or aryans anywhere

There's at least two people on the thread defending at any cost that only "white" people did great things, as usual, in any culture/nation thread.

>>WE WUZ ACHILLES N SHIEEET

Nice argument. Keep going.
>>
>>88818262
But you just assumed it was /pol/ and inferred that completely on your own.
>>
>>88818326
>spouts /pol/ meme
>buh you just assumed it was /pol/!
>>
>>88818261
>Also I just quoted a part were Herodotus says clear as crystal that the Ethiopians were different from the average greek person. So the girl described as the Ethiopian princess, and prettier than any greek woman, falls into that category too

...so you're saying, since ethipians were described as different than your average greek person, greeks couldn't be anything but average and since Andromeda wasn't she was obviously ethiopian.

All this despite the fact that Andromeda and her faminly are a product of fiction and Herodotus was an historian.

At this point you're a raving lunatic, I don't think even you know what you're writing about.

>>88818262
I'm seeing posts about jews here alright, but it's not from /pol/ posters.

>>88818321
>There's at least two people on the thread defending at any cost that only "white" people did great things, as usual, in any culture/nation thread.
Link them.
>>
>>88818128

Kill Apollo
Fuck The Muses
Marry Eris
>>
>>88818369
>/pol/ memes
Suuuure they are.
>>
>>88818369
>>spouts /pol/ meme

WE WUZ is not a /pol/ meme.
Seriously go back to tumblr.
>>
>>88818377
have this free
>(you)
>>
File: Go Back to pol.jpg (624KB, 1000x767px) Image search: [Google]
Go Back to pol.jpg
624KB, 1000x767px
>>88810195
>>
>>88818467
You sure told him 12 hours later!
>>
>>88818480
Fun fact; I left the thread when it died, happened across this evening and now I'm back.

>>88818467
You sure showed me. But in my defence, I was very hungover at the time.
>>
>>88818377

Why I insist in try to discuss with /pol/ with real arguments? The fallacy always find a loop.

>That milk is good. Legitimately pure white milk!
>But the milk you just drank was chocolate milk
>Well, so it had more milk than chocolate, I'm sure!
>But still not pure white by definition
>Does not matter. It tasted like white, pure milk to me. Fuck chocolate. Real pure is the best.
>>
>>88810766
Gerald Scarfe kicks ass, 80 year old and hasn't lost his touch.
>>
>>88810836
Allah is very clearly a separate deity from the Christian God. The cristian faith mentions and glorifies its Jewish origins. Islam does not.
>>
>>88818523
But if it's mostly non chocolate milk can it really be said to be Chocolate Milk?
>>
File: 1478758359226.jpg (52KB, 705x555px) Image search: [Google]
1478758359226.jpg
52KB, 705x555px
>>88818585
Stay mad
>>
>>88811273
Norway hates Frozen as well.

What is up with Disney movies based on countries who hate them in return. Greece at Hercules, China at Mulan, and more.
>>
>>88818631
Milk with chocolate?
>>
>>88818649
Everyone is butthurt about everything

Except UK, France & Spain because we have no ancient mythology to get upset about
>>
>>88817568
Hades is the nicest "by default" seeing how his two brothers outrank in dickery.
>>
File: Waitwhat?.png (203KB, 358x459px) Image search: [Google]
Waitwhat?.png
203KB, 358x459px
>>88818523
>Shits on /pol/
>Believes in one drop rule
What?
>>
File: pol ruined 4chan.png (75KB, 1229x417px) Image search: [Google]
pol ruined 4chan.png
75KB, 1229x417px
Daily reminder.
>>
>>88818649
>Norway hates Frozen as well.

Does it?

Usually is innacuracy to the source material. Yes Disney has been doing that since forever but it's different when it happens to something you care about, y'know.

On top of that it's how americanized they usually are. Imagine you hold dear 1001 nights and the Aladdin story, only to find out the worldwide cartoon adaption is just a vehicle for american pop-culture jokes. Kinda shitty.

>>88818523
>Why I insist in try to discuss with /pol/ with real arguments?
>makes a food analogy

>>88818714
Yes his two brothers are worse than him.
There are still a dozen of gods way nicer than him, some of them even in the twelve olympians.
"Hades is a nice guy" is a meme born from tvtropes fucks to prove how "different" they are from other "sheeple", except they know just as much.
Figures /co/ would buy it.
>>
>>88818747
Gamergate started off with good intentions until /pol/ got their hands on them and went to shit.
>>
>>88810012
That and what happened with Optimus Prime.
>>
>>88818778
>Gamergate started off with good intentions

No, it didn't. It started as hazing a guy's girlfriend on twitter because he told /v/ to do it.
>>
>>88818778
>Gamergate started off with good intentions

I bet you're a plebbitor who thinks it actually was about "ethics in games journalism".
Gamergate started off to get back at the SJWs to what they did to wizardchan.

>>88818812
>because he told /v/ to do it.
Stay butthurt.
Doesn't it get boring to lose all the time?
>>
>>88810220
Damn, I almost mistook that for a painting.
>>
>>88812262
Oh good, he turned back into his humanoid form. For a second there I thought it was gonna get weird.
>>
>>88818714
Why'd the Greeks fear him unlike Zeus and Poseidon then?
>>
>>88816270
Ancient Southern European
>>
>>88810216
youve managed to be wrong about both classic mythology and modern mythology.

the coke-santa thing is a myth.

hades is portrayed shittily due to comparisons with the christian devil, when he was infact just the dude who ran the underworld as opposed to a villain. that part is right, but disney was far from the first to use him for that and definitely didnt cement it.
>>
>>88812262
Is there more of this?
>>88818909
As far as I know he isn't. He's just kind of unimportant.
>>
>>88811679
Everybody hates Pocahontas
>>
>>88818909
>>88819001
There's generally little reason to pray to Hades. I guess if you were mining one might, but it wasn't as big a thing as say, praying to the sea god that he wouldn't fuck up your husband's boat when he went out fishing.
>>
>>88810623
ZEUUUUUUUUUUUS
>>
>>88819001
>>88819044
I'm not talking about not praying to him, I'm saying they literally feared saying his name, calling him various euphemisms instead. Hades was He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named three millennia before J. K. Rowling shat out Voldemort.
>>
>>88818853
I mean it probably is
>>
>>88810070
Him holding Megara as she dies did it for me.
>>
>>88819110
general fear of death, I'd imagine
>>
>>88811679
Blacks like Princess and the frog but nobody else really likes it
>>
>>88819110
>calling him various euphemisms instead

All greek gods had those, Athena was also Pallas for example.
>>
>>88819110
Source?
>>
>>88810738
>Could have gone with something like Orpheus instead of Hercules
Oh so, the movie ends with our hero being torn limb from limb by drunken sorority girls.

Great. Kids will love that shit.
>>
File: doesntexist.png (2MB, 1330x568px) Image search: [Google]
doesntexist.png
2MB, 1330x568px
>>88816021
>because white culture doesn't exist
>>
>>88819215
that's
>British
>German
>Spanish
>Romanian
>French
>etc.
culture, not some homogenous "white" culture
>>
>>88818909

Even if Hades wasn't the worst guy, Greeks didn't have a whole lot to look forward to in the afterlife. If you were a real badass or in the top 10 most virtuous people at your time of death, you got into that sweet VIP lounge called Elysium. The regular Joe is gonna have to sip that underworld river water, forget everything and become just another pitiful shade for Hades to keep watch over. And he's never letting you out, ever.

Best not to call on his attention, in case he decides he wants you in his kingdom earlier than absolutely necessary.
>>
>>88818025
This cant be possible because Ethiopia is a shithole like any african state today, perhaps the racial blood of the original Ethiopians was different back then, yh that has to be it.
>>
>>88819034
I liked it
>>
>>88819301
Maybe Herod was just gay for the BBC
>>
>>88819279
then black culture dosen't exist either given that you have the huge number of disseperate ethnic groups within africa and the various cultures that sprung out of former slaves
>>
>>88819977
black culture is generally identified as African-American culture, and when people started talking about things like hip-hop and dance entering the mainstream, white people started whining
>but what about WHITE culture
because they are delicate flowers who can't handle not being the center of attention
>>
>>88820041
But that's not Black culture by your standards.
>>
>>88820063
when people say "black culture" they're talking about African-American culture

when people say "white culture" they're talking about it in opposition to that African-American culture
>>
>>88809960
>TGWTG
I don't know what that is and I hated this movie.
>>
>>88820089
I don't know when people say "Black Culture" they also seem to imply some kind of Pan Africanism which is a common reoccurring concept in African American culture.
Is it possible these white people aren't just going "what about White People" and are just the same kind of idiots who practice Pan-Africanism practicing Pan-European
>>
>>88820165
>Is it possible these white people aren't just going "what about White People"
no because that's all that kind of white person ever talks about when black people come up
>>
>>88820234
I've seen /pol/ rant about white culture with zero relation to blacks. Though it's typically in relation to that thing Jews are trying to destroy.
>>
>>88820271
what do you think they think the Jews are trying to destroy white culture with?
>>
>>88820298
Muslims, gays, Communism, Slavs, Atheism tons of things. /pol/ doesn't just dip its crazy in one well. It's not all about YOU y'know.
>>
File: hercules.jpg (73KB, 308x627px) Image search: [Google]
hercules.jpg
73KB, 308x627px
>>88820347
>It's not all about YOU y'know
fair play, anon
>>
>>88810012
The Greek heroes were often depicted as higher than life figures and had followers and fans get hyped over stories of their deeds.

Basically the original celebrities. So we'll make Hercules a story of rising stardom.

Fits fucking perfectly. Who knew we could meld ancient stories and modern tones into a tidy adaptation of the whole fame thing

Supported by great voicework . Unconventional casting done right.
Great visuals and writing.
GOD TIER MUSIC

TGWTG will shit all over it because

>m-muh tropes

Her opinion is clearly fucking worthless and she should stay in chick flick territory.
>>
>>88820041
>African-American culture
Be the biggest criminal piece of shit that is a terrorist to all human life in the USA as much as you can the culture
>>
File: cokesanta.jpg (259KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
cokesanta.jpg
259KB, 2000x1000px
>>88818995
Myth, my ass.
>>
>>88817244
Trolled softly.

Why you letting yourself get played that way chump?
>>
>>88820089
well then "people" should learn to be more precise and/or stop being such hippocrites, given that african americans are a small part of the black peoples that it being the definition of black culture. its even more stupid than saying that white culture refers to east-coast americans
>>
>>88820165
Black culture isn't about Africa though, it's about america, or at least, the americas. Black culture doesn't extend to like, ehtiopia or south africa or congo or anything like that. That's Ethiopian culture, or South african culture, or any of that shit.

But a bunch of slaves were brought to the new world from africa, with no ties to their homeland. Cultural identity was lost. Slaves and slave owners didn't keep track where in africa they were from, and their lineage got mixed together here. A new culture was formed.

"African-american" isn't just anyone from Africa who's come to america, it's a name for the descendants of slaves brought here, stripped of their native culture.

If a nigga steps off the boat from Sierra Leone, he's not part of black culture, he's from Sierra Leone culture. He has a heritage that ain't slavery.
>>
>>88820463
/pol/ in a nutshell, folks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OblHVyXRAOQ
>>
>>88823021
Like I said Black Culture has problems with Pan Africanism. It's not the end all of the culture but it constantly rears its head and causes some Black Americans to try and claim everyone of African descent into their fold.
>>
>>88817632
>Zeus fucked the princess as a bull
>Later their son's wife got fucked by a bull
Fucking Greek and their fetishes
>>
>>88823073
>what is communism

wew how ignorant
>>
>>88818133
>>88818156
>>88818188
where rock-titan, boi?
>>
File: wind titan.png (488KB, 900x538px) Image search: [Google]
wind titan.png
488KB, 900x538px
BLOW HIM....

....AWAY!
>>
>>88810749
Troy
>>
>>88812262
Women nowadays say they have it bad, but they don't know shit. Back then anything that approached you could be a god in disguise who just wanted to put his dick in you. If you agreed you have godly sex and then be horribly killed or tortured by the god's wife. And if you refused you'd get raped and then punished by the god's wife. Seriously, those were some fucked up times. Not like guys were safe either; if you were hot enough Zeus would bang you as well and take you to Olympus to serve him wine or something.
>>
>>88824414
So the moral is... being ugly was not so bad?
>>
>>88824432
No it's pretty bad. Hephestus was an ugly God. He got punted off the side of Mt. Olympus and was lucky enough to have some Sea Nymphs adopt him. The gods gave no fucks about him until they saw he made some cool shit and even then he was still a laughing stock among them and got cucked by his wife.
Moral of the story is the world is going to fuck you so hard. Just learn to tolerate anal.
>>
>>88816739
Remember that time Apollo got salty because a mortal could play better than him the flute, so he challenged him to pay it upside down at the same time he played the harp and since that was physically impossible Apollo boasted he had won, skinned that man alive and hung his flesh on a tree? Good times.
>>
>>88824595
>got cucked by his wife
That's more like Zeus' fault, he forced Aphrodite to marry him while Ares wanted to do it.
Make you wonder why Zeus just didn't get her instead so nobody complained.
>>
>>88819443
When's the last time you watched it?
>>
File: the-congress.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
the-congress.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>88813194
The Congress.

If you're like twenty minutes into it and wondering why it's still all live action: No, you do not have the wrong movie. It takes a long time to get to the animation but it's pretty worth it.
>>
>>88812621

Check your 'tism
>>
>>88824662
>he forced Aphrodite to marry him
Anon, she jumped on that Ares dick like no tomorrow. It ain't for nothing that Ares is described as young, strong, lithe, and athletic.

Although it actually varies regarding whether Hephaestus married Aphrodite or not. In the Iliad his wife is Charis, one of the Graces, and Aphrodite seems to be married to Ares. In the Odyssey, Aphrodite is married to Hephaestus. Pindar has Aphrodite and Ares, while Euripides has Aphrodite and Hephaestus.
>>
>>88824620
Also don't forget Arachne vs that sexually frustrated bitch Athena.
>>
>>88824662
>Make you wonder why Zeus just didn't get her instead so nobody complained.
Well in certain versions she was his daughter. Even Zeus had some standards.
>>
>>88818853
That is a painting, dumbass. Painted backgrounds are the glory of 2D animation.
>>
>>88815219
>Zack Snyder directs it
>It's faithful adaptation
>>
>>88813265
But reality has Arabs as USA's allies right now.
>>
>>88810302
Wasn't an episode in the animated series when he hijacked destiny and he was king?

And, hey, nothing went wrong. There were probably much less demigods and monsters running around.
>>
>>88818605
Islam does recognize Jesus as the second most important prophet to the point that he appears more times that Muhammad in the Quraan and also collects all the previous Jewish prophets and myths.
>>
>>88826019
>A long time

Like, half of the movie.

Don't get me wrong, is not by any means bad, but I expect a way more when they started playing with the whole 'animated cartoon world where you can do anything you want'.
>>
>>88818214
Could be a case of lost in translation. Maybe "handsome" was an euphemism for big dick in Herodotus' Greek
>>
File: TakeThisAwayPutin.jpg (45KB, 468x391px) Image search: [Google]
TakeThisAwayPutin.jpg
45KB, 468x391px
>>88809960
>>88810012
>>88810046

>watching any of those lame Angry Nintendo Nerd rip-offs.
>>
File: -pol-Vs-sjw-.jpg (25KB, 424x260px) Image search: [Google]
-pol-Vs-sjw-.jpg
25KB, 424x260px
>>88810195
>>88813663
>>88817244
>>88817438
>>88817528
>>88817719
>>88817850
>>88818025
>>88818124
>>88818261
>>88818377
>>88818523
>>88818761

>debating the historical accuracy of a movie that makes no attempt to be historically accurate
Thread posts: 332
Thread images: 58

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.