[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jumba was better as a villain. He should have stayed a villain.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

Jumba was better as a villain. He should have stayed a villain.
>>
>>88803716
He was never really a villian. Just liked radical science.
>>
>>88803761
Exactly. He never changed, just Lilo and Stitch changed how he was perceived and that's an emotional climate Jumba finds he can thrive in.
>>
He was a villain for like five minutes then agreed to help to kill his creation. He wasn't so much a villain as an antagonist with a hard on for science.

Hell one of the things I loved about this film was the fact they're aren't any villains, just antagonists going against the main characters but with realistic and good meaning motivations from the alien government trying to take Stitch because he was known to be a psychopath to the human American government trying to take Lilo because Nani may be an unfit parent. Jumba isn't even really a villain as much as an asshole trying to do his job. The fact the tv show made Jumba a villain for real bothers me more.
>>
>>88803963
>Jumba isn't even really a villain as much as an asshole trying to do his job. The fact the tv show made Jumba a villain for real bothers me more.
I meant Gantu.
Jumba sounds like Jumbo and Gantu was a big motherfucker.
>>
>>88803982
I was about to say, Jumba was only a "villain" front the point of view of the galactic gov.

Gantu went rogue during the series, but he wasn't one in the movie. He just did his job.
>>
>>88803982

At least he was supposedly redeemed in one of the movies and got his job back, though fuck the Grand Counsel Woman for being an arrogant cunt who fired one of her officers merely doing his job in the first place.

Meanwhile being a former criminal scientist is apparently a-ok, but doing your job makes you an asshole. Still a great movie though.
>>
>>88804030
Gantu didn't give a shit when he kidnapped Lilo by mistake. That's probably reason enough for being fired.

Jumba had the punishment of being stranded on earth and lost access to his lab until the finale to the tv series.
>>
>>88804681

Didn't Gantu just view Lilo as another earth animal?
>>
>>88803963
As much as I hate him, it never occurred to me that there weren't any actual villains in the story until Nostalgia Critic did his Disneycember thing a few years ago.
>>
Pleakley made me feel something
>>
>>88803716
>he didn't watch the anime
>>
Gantu was hot, and that episode where he loses his memory and teams up with Lilo made me feel as a kid.
>>
File: gantu ship.jpg (78KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
gantu ship.jpg
78KB, 1280x720px
>>88805523
Completely agree.
>>
>>88803716

>Jumba
>Pumba

coincidence?
>>
He'd be better as a neutral party
>>
If you notice, before LAS, Treasure Planet, and Brother Bear all had the theme of "sometimes there are no real villains (Unless you count that spider/crab asshole and the other crew members from Treasure Planet) but the main enemy is on the inside", until Home On The Range came and fucked it up.

It's really sad that Disney's more recent movies don't bother taking notes from them IE There could've been a troubled relationship between Rapunzel and Gothel a la Jim and Silver with Gothel torn between being a greedy cunt or actually caring about Punzey, Frozen should've been about the sisters differences tearing each other apart instead of poorly aping Beauty and The Beast in the final act.
>>
>>88807171
and they were all failure
having an evil villain that likes to kick puppies for fun is more marketable to the lowest common denominator than ambiguity morality
>>
>>88804030
>At least he was supposedly redeemed in one of the movies and got his job back
that last movie was such a disappointment. That should have been the main part of the story, Gantu's redemption and 625 finding the place where he belongs. The parts that actually focus on these aspects are great, the rest of the movie just doesn't mix well with that.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.