[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mortadel y Philemon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: fredjeff.jpg (38KB, 300x347px) Image search: [Google]
fredjeff.jpg
38KB, 300x347px
Anyone know where I can read stuff about these guys online, in English?
>>
>>88789298
Filemon

also I've read over 100 comics, as a child

they're comics for children, not something an adult can enjoy

I don't think they are available easily online, sorry
>>
>>88789372
>they're comics for children, not something an adult can enjoy
nigga, your translations must be shit then, German ones are still enjoyable for adults to this day.
>>
>>88789372

They're not exactly high brow, but they're still amusing enough as a grown up, especially since there's a lot of references to political corruption and recent politics. Again not especially sophisticated references, but if you laugh when Naked Gun's Frank Drebin bowls over the queen and ends up straddling her on top of a dinner table you'll easily laugh at these guy's antics.

In English they were called Clever & Smart but I've only ever seen English editions back in the 80s when I was a kid myself.

A quick search seems to find more German sources than English tho

https://www.bloodsuckerz.net/papierkorb/52794-clever-smart-55-wir-haben-den-riecher-fuer-haarige-viecher.html
>>
>>88789923
Oh? I thought they were only called Clever and Smart in German.
Since I can speak it, I guess that's the way to go. Thanks.
>>
File: 1444171249169.png (651KB, 1067x800px)
1444171249169.png
651KB, 1067x800px
>>88789372
>they're comics for children, not something an adult can enjoy
>>
File: aznar m y f.jpg (104KB, 646x330px)
aznar m y f.jpg
104KB, 646x330px
Does this comic humor work when translated? It always thought it was too spain-centered to be translated and still be as funny.
>>
>>88792113
Well In Greece they did a good job in translating them, I bought everything they released. I stopped when they were re-printing stuff with new covers and calling them as "new stories".
>>
>>88792141
What do they do when there are spanish politicians involved in the story? Do they explain who they are so the joke makes sense?
>>
>>88792213
They wouldn't explain that much. But they would add original jokes and change a few things to make them better suited for Greek audience. Wasn't that popular though.
>>
>>88789298
A Mortadelo y Filemon thread?

2016 really is a magical year.
>>
>>88789298

http://howtoarsenio.blogspot.com.es/2011/02/mortadelo-y-filemon.html

There goes most, if not all, of their adventures in Spanish. I know you prefer English but I doubt there's a reliable source for most of the numbers in that language... it's very physical so you can enjoy it even in the native language, though the puns will be surely lost.
>>
>>88792113
Those kinds of scenes probably not, but the core of the humor is really the slapstick, which is pretty much the most universal kind of humor.
>>
>>88789436
dude, I'm a spaniard, I read the originals, they're filled with cultural jokes outsiders wouldn't get so I guess the translations would be shit though

>>88792099
I say it from experience, I loved them as a kid, now I tried reading them and they're too slapstick and zany, relying too much on dumb characters being dumb

it's a bit like modern simpsons but all the characters are like homer
>>
>>88792731
This entire thread is actually Mortadelo on disguise.
>>
Mortadelo is a OP author's mascot mongrel. Filemon is the true patrician choice. Fight me,
>>
>>88792793
I think it's that half the punchlines are el Super chasing them trying to kill them after they fuck up. Although Ibáñez managed to get a lot out of that one situation.
>>
>>88792793
I don't know, I dug out one of my old volumes and I've been enjoying it.
>>
>>88792834
>Not Ofelia
Shit taste senpai
>>
>>88794769
>Not Bacterio
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.