[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did it flop compared to Frozen?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 400
Thread images: 59

File: image.jpg (688KB, 1920x1436px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
688KB, 1920x1436px
Why did it flop compared to Frozen?
>>
colored people
>>
>>88780135
>Frozen

You could have just said Zootopia, since that came out this year as well.
>>
>>88780135
No lesbians?
>>
>>88780171
>Zootopia
holy shit it did, how did disney manage two movies in one year?
>>
>>88780135
Terrible music
Niggers
Animal companions sucked
Voice actors literally nobody cares about
Came out in the winter instead of summer
People getting tired of disneyshit hopefully
>>
>>88780135
Look at that fat fuck in the right.

That's the face of someone who likes it when his rape victims fight back.
>>
>>88780187
Frozen has no lesbians either though
>>
>>88780135
>no princess or queen
>mocks musicals like Frozen
>cute animal is barely present
>no romance plot

I think it was a great movie, but it's not hard to see why it didn't do well. Company's are in a catch-22 now where "progressive" movies tend to flop and movies that turn a huge profit are considered sexist/racist/etc. Disney can't do shit about what people will or won't pay to see.
>>
>>88780135

Frozen was something of a phenomenon and it is difficult to repeat things like that.

Also, Disney seems to have more success with their less heavily promoted stuff then their big, main pushes.
>>
Because young female whites are the most racist people in the world and they are the main audience for Disney.
>>
>>88780151
>>88780135
I believe Moana failed because it put way too much emphasis on the songs and not enough actual development into the story.
>Ocean chooses Moana to deliver the plot device
>Ocean literally has capability of doing this itself
>Ocean doesn't help Moana out at all while she is sailing
>Maui is literally just a side character despite the fact that the trailer made it appear that he would be a necessary part of the story
>He literally flies away before the final boss battle and suddenly reappears because he had an offscreen revelation
>For some reason we're supposed to be shocked that Moana's ancestors were voyagers (this literally gets sung over and over again)
>Story chooses to focus on Moana instead of Maui (the far more interesting character with a more interesting backstory)
>turns out all along that they could have just given the stone to the thing that knocked Maui out of the sky
>There's not even a villain in this movie, but random bad guys that just show up for 5-7 minutes or less
>crab guy was literally a big lipped alligator moment (I don't like Nostalgia critic anymore)
>>
>>88780135
Could it be because people were afraid of being racist.
>>
It felt like a pantomime, everything was so staged. I know all disney films are like this but this time it felt too much. Too many songs
>>
>>88780135
No assets
>Vague island village setting into just "the ocean"
>vague "realm of monsters" the characters go to for like 5 minutes
>basically only two characters
It's still spades better than Frozen in terms of writing and characters, but Frozen had an established setting, multiple characters, unlikable as they were, and two quriky female leads. It was designed to make money.
>>
>>88780135
Ice Witch and talking snowman captures imaginations more than "another movie with the Rock and I guess there's a spunky woman in it too."
>>
File: moana.jpg (88KB, 713x341px) Image search: [Google]
moana.jpg
88KB, 713x341px
Seems like it did fine

As for why it didn't make as much money as something like Frozen....

Frozen is a princess movie, this movie marketed itself as more of a unisex movie that's as much for boys as it is girls, and that doesn't sell as much these days than something that's outright girly (Frozen) or outright aimed at boys (not Disney, but say Transformers)
>>
>>88780135
>Why did it flop compared to Frozen?

Barring Minions, what film didn't?

Even then, it's currently sitting at number 21 for the year and will finish out in the top fifteen. It's not a flop by any reasonable standard.

>>88780190

It happens every so often but Disney has never managed to make it work; one film always underperforms and it's usually the second one.
>>
>>88780286
Maui had the worst case of "tell don't show" in the entire movie. He didn't even need to be the main character, but it sure would have been nice to actually see his backstory and the off-screen change of heart he had in the film.
>>
I think that it wasn't pretty enough. I mean that there wasn't enough sparkles, dresses, and such for the girls to drool over, and there wasn't enough actual action for the boys to enjoy. It's fine movie that adults can appreciate, but kids are the main demographic for these movies and should have at least added those things to get their attention and market.
>>
>>88780135
>Americans don't care for Polynesian adventure

Come on, guys
>>
It wasn't a talking animal movie
>>
If Disney or Pixar release two movies in one year, the second one will flop like a pancake.

>The Good Dinosaur
>>
>>88780135
Not enough pretty dresses.
>>
>>88780420
>Barring Minions, what film didn't?

Think he means in comparison to FD and Zootopia, two other Disney monster hits.
>>
>>88780233
That's what they want you to think
>>
Frozen had a bigger hit song (though Moana doesn't have any outright duds while Frozen had multiple), and little girls went absolutely apeshit over Elsa even though she didn't do anything, because little girls want to be beautiful and powerful without having to do anything to earn it.
>>
>>88780135
Because Frozen was the first CGI Pixar Disney Movie that featured singing
>>
>>88780225
Oh, that was a good one, Anon.
>>
>>88780135
Frozen had 2 main female characters. Twice the waifus, twice the profit.
If Moana had a sister/friend or if Te Ka had looked more humanoid and was a more central antagonist, there'd be way more merchandising opportunities.
>>
>>88780822
The beautiful part I'll give you, but the powerful part without doing anything, isn't that what all kids want? Especially boys?

As someone who watches at least 15-20 different kids 5 days a week for 4 years, the answer is yes.
>>
Frozen and Zootopia are anomalies.

Moana is successful..... especially when you compare it to your average DW movie
>>
>>88780841
>Frozen
>Pixar
>>
>>88780190
>holy shit it did, how did disney manage two movies in one year?

Pushed back Zootopia's release date.
>>
>>88780286

I liked the movie but this is all true.
>>
>>88780135
Nobody wants to watch a movie about brown people.
>>
>>88781017
>isn't that what all kids want? Especially boys?

Then why is Batman so much more popular than Superman? Everyone knows he trained for it.
>>
>>88780286
fucking 1hunna, spot on.
>>
>>88780135
Overstuffed Holiday Season where Disney wound up setting its new IP against its spanking new Star Wars movie.

That said, it didn't do BAD.
>>
>>88780822
>(though Moana doesn't have any outright duds while Frozen had multiple)
nah Frozen is pretty top to bottom above Moana's songs. Fixer Upper is the only one that might qualify.
>>
>>88781197
Think he meant Marvel, which has mostly handed it to them heroes.
>>
>>88780794

Both Frozen and Zootopia were anomalies though and are two of the three most successful films Disney has ever made; Moana probably passed Tangled today to reach the number seven domestic spot for Disney and will likely pass Big Hero 6 in a few weeks for the fourth place spot.
>>
>>88780419
>Frozen is a princess movie, this movie marketed itself as more of a unisex movie

If that were the case they would've called it "Oceaned" or some shit and not had the title be a girl's name.
>>
>>88781197
Batman has the power of unlimited money which he never had to work for.
>>88781361
Yes, so does Tony Stark, though it could be argued he did work by inventing things, he was already born into the Stark legacy and all the money that came with it.
>>
>>88781465
>Batman has the power of unlimited money which he never had to work for.

But unlimited money doesn't equal kung fu.
>>
>>88780135

>no romance
>only two characters are focused on, everywhere around them is just water
>no real villain
>the plot is take item A to location B with minimal threat
>too much water
>Maui is ugly
>Moana doesn't really have much of a personality/personality quirk
>they advertised two (non speaking) animal sidekicks, one is enough
>The songs weren't catchy enough and lyrics were kind of poor for some songs
>>
>>88780265
Honestly I'm not even sure why they had the pig. Did some exec insist they needed a cuter animal then the bird to sell toys, so they threw this in to placate the brass?
>>
>>88781407
Have you seen all the toy commercials that are marketing Maui action figures at boys? I haven't seen a Disney flick do this since Hercules
>>
>>88780135
Frozen was a phenomenon and shouldn't be compared.
That said, it being about brown people means it has less appeal in places like China too.
>>
>>88781550
Didn't Herc flop too?
>>
>>88781488
no but unlimited money makes it a lot easier and gives you way more time to learn kung fu
>>
>>88780135
Frozen is what Call of Duty Modern Warfare was to the FPS
A product almost no one had faith in and somehow managed to be a really huge success
Now if the products that follow them don't surpass them or get close in the money are now considered big flops
>>
This might be more complex than the usual Disney song, but it's actually a bad Disney song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93lrosBEW-Q
>>
Am I the only person that enjoyed this film?

I thought it was pretty good, not GREAT, just good.
>>
>>88781571
That it did, and terribly.
>>
>>88781550

I don't think that's proof of much. It's not like they can market him to girls.
>>
>>88781612
Because...?
>>
>>88781614
Pretty much sums up most of these underperformers.
>>
>>88781612
Not gonna elaborate?
>>
File: 1429143675592.png (102KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1429143675592.png
102KB, 250x250px
>>88781688
It's proof that they marketed the movie as much towards boys as they did girls
>>
>>88781612
A decent Bowie tribute though.
>>
>>88781197
>>88781488
Kids don't pay attention to the hard working aspect. They like batman because he's dark, mysterious and rich. (And their parents. If the parents like em, 8 times out of 10 so do the kids.) Only until they grow older do they appreciate the hard work part of the character because kids don't know what hard work is yet, especially today in western society. So yes, kids want power without the work because they hate work and just want the power. The little shits also like to god-mode when they play.

>I can do X because I said so.
>nu-uh, I can do that too because I have X power I pulled out of my ass

Just look at shitty RP by 14 year olds who create OP characters, it's the same thing.
>>
>>88781612
>that bowie tribute

Not gonna lie that hit me hard
>>
>>88780286
You have some good points but you are off on a few others. The ocean /could/ move the stone itself but that wouldn't get people sailing and exploring again.

And Tamatoa isn't a "big lipped alligator moment" (i fucking hate this phrase and I hate you a little bit for even using it) because it does more than a few things to push the plot forward. It causes Moana to inquire about Maui's past, it hints at why Maui did all his heroic feats, and it fucking humbled Maui and cut him down.
>>
>>88780806

/frz/ please go and stay go.
>>
>>88781614
It was pretty meh.
>>
File: image.jpg (39KB, 680x766px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39KB, 680x766px
>>88780135
To me he looks like that Islander skin from overwatch. He even has the hook
>>
Here's a list of all the times Disney's main studio has released two films in the same year.

1940 -

Pinocchio - February
Fantasia - November

Fantasia is Disney's first actual flop and plans to continually keep it in release with rotating new segments were dropped.

The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh - March
The Rescuers - June

The Rescuers is pretty much eclipsed by the sequel. Not really sure how much TMA made at the box office; it was released as a double bill originally and that'd throw things off.

Tarzan - June
Fantasia 2000 - December

Tarzan was quite successful while Fantasia 2000 made about half as much. Once again, future plans for Fantasia were shelved because of its performance.

Dinosaur - May
Emperor's New Groove - December

The rare situation where the latter film is the better thought of though Dinosaur, while pretty much forgotten today, actually made twice as much at the box office.

Lilo and Stitch - June
Treasure Planet - November

Lilo and Stitch earned almost three times as much as Treasure Planet despite costing about half as much to make. Treasure Planet was such a bomb that it pretty much singlehandedly killed 2D feature animation.

The track record is pretty consistent in that the second Disney film of a given year will make about half what the first one did.

That seems to hold true this year as well.
>>
>>88782316
You DO realize that that skin is based on the actual Maui myth, right?
>>
>>88782413
>Treasure Planet was such a bomb that it pretty much singlehandedly killed 2D feature animation.

You mean Princess and the Frog?
>>
>>88780135
Oh no, it made over double its budget back and still earning 20 million a week domestically. Disney must be ashamed for earning a profit.
>>
Watching only the songs on Youtube paints this as a very different film to what people are saying it is.
>>
>>88782550

The Princess and the Frog made $267 million on a $105 million budget with a good chunk of that budget being costs from restarting the 2D department after Disney shut it down following Treasure Planet and Home on the Range.

Treasure Planet actually lost almost as much as The Princess and the Frog cost to make.
>>
File: ooh....jpg (598KB, 1021x945px) Image search: [Google]
ooh....jpg
598KB, 1021x945px
>>88780135

2 Niggers (1 female & 1 male) instead of 2 hot as fuck Norwegian woman.
>>
>>88782881
>The Princess and the Frog made $267 million on a $105 million budget
I had no idea it was that successful. I never heard anyone talking about it outside of "did ya hear there's a black disney princess now?"
>>
it felt like a story that should have been something like the polynesian journey to the west or the odyssey, that way the 5-7 minute villain scenes would have been more satisfying (as there would have been more of them)
>>
>>88782903

It made more than Home on the Range and Treasure Planet combined and about half again as much as Meet the Robinsons did.
>>
>>88781612
>it's actually a bad Disney song
you fucking take that back
>>
File: 1415309560518.png (210KB, 472x406px) Image search: [Google]
1415309560518.png
210KB, 472x406px
>>88781612
>Shiny
>Bad
You best have some reason for saying that
>>
>>88782413
It's a pity because I thought Treasure Planet was good.
>>
File: bait.gif (2MB, 512x287px) Image search: [Google]
bait.gif
2MB, 512x287px
>>88781612
(You)
>>
File: 1383434434731.gif (464KB, 500x338px) Image search: [Google]
1383434434731.gif
464KB, 500x338px
I dont think it was necessarily a flop. I mean sure the previous 2 disney movies made like 1 billion in box office but lets be real thats a super high standard to compete with, and frozen was a phenomenon while zootopia was clear furry bait

that being said, its a shame that moana isnt being more widely recognized as a success. I actually really liked disney's new direction with it where they didnt treat maui as a love interest and how there was actually no real big bad of the story
>>
The story has no twists or turns at all. The closest thing to a twist was the fact that Te Fiti was Te Ka, but that problem was resolved immediately. It's all so predictable.

Moana wants to leave the island, but her father forbids it. She leaves. She finds Maui. They get his hook. They try to return the heart and fail. They try again and succeed. No surprises at all, hell, the only thing that surprised me was how little time they spent in the Realm of Monsters. The film was just about to get interesting and then they bolt out.

I don't think it has /that/ much to do with the fact that the main characters are brown, just that there's nothing of interest for the majority of people. Which is a crazy thing to say, considering what the setting allows for. They should have focused on making an interesting story instead of writing songs first and foremost and then building the story around them.
>>
>>88780151
>>88780151
>>88780151
This.

People underestimate how racist the world is. America today is pretty tame compared to 99% of the other countries.

Moana was 100 percent better in every way than frozen.
>>
>>88781506
There was no "real villain" in frozen. Hans felt like a tacked on, late add on to the movie that didnt feel that needed.
>>
>>88781612
Shit taste.

The soundtrack for this movie was amazing.
>>
>>88785384
That's because it WASN'T needed.
>>
File: Duke_of_Weselton_Frozen_.jpg (194KB, 1920x856px) Image search: [Google]
Duke_of_Weselton_Frozen_.jpg
194KB, 1920x856px
>>88785423
I know.

And why did they forbid this diplomat from coming back again. Did they forget Elsa froze the entire fucking country? What was their beef?
>>
>>88780265
>>no princess or queen
>>mocks musicals like Frozen
>>cute animal is barely present
>>no romance plot

thank god. normalfags can eat shit.
>>
>>88785468
And the disney wiki actually tries to make him sound like a villain

>The Duke of Weselton is heavily pompous and greedy. Though invited to Arendelle for the ceremonial crowning of its new queen, the Duke was far more interested in potential business endeavors; he leaped at the opportunity to strengthen the bond between Weselton and Arendelle, as a healthier relationship would grant him further access to the latter kingdom's riches. While greedy, he went about achieving this goal with considerable decorum, as he was kind and courteous to both Queen Elsa and Princess Anna upon their first meeting.

Like... I dont see what is wrong with his motives there.
>>
>>88781612
(You) aren't shiny
>>
>>88780209
Since when are samoans niggers?
>>
They had a chance to make a refined, more character-focused Hercules but instead chose to mix elements of Zootopia and Frozen.
>>
>>88781688
But the HAIR
the BOD
>>
File: Tails dic.jpg (43KB, 582x425px) Image search: [Google]
Tails dic.jpg
43KB, 582x425px
>>88780209
>The Rock
>A person no one cares about
>>
Moana should have gone on the voyage with her dad
>>
>>88782900
You have to be seriously retarded to think Polynesians are black.
>>
File: lionkingpocahontas.png (527KB, 1260x400px) Image search: [Google]
lionkingpocahontas.png
527KB, 1260x400px
because
>>
>(you) is back

Finally, its hard as fuck to track posts without it.
>>
All the humour was too meta and self referential. Twitter jokes and mocking better movies (AKA Frozen) is not going to make anyone like you, Moana.
>>
>>88785970

I hate niggers(Polynesian)
>>
>>88786004

>Underage Marriage
>Better movies
>>
>>88780135
Not sure what you count into a flop, but this will release in many countries next year, if you take that into calculations.
>>
>>88782413
>singlehandedly killed 2D feature animation.
>disney still made 4 after it
>>
>>88786000
>faggot doesnt use 4chanx
>>
>>88786004
>better movies (AKA Frozen)
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>88786013
What did anon mean by this?
>>
>>88785468
He tried to assassinate another nation's ruler without asking a single actual official of that nation what they thought of that idea, and the same ruler he tried to regicide came back to her position, what the fuck do you think would happen? He's lucky Elsa didn't declare war.
>>
File: 1481559368277.png (66KB, 358x374px) Image search: [Google]
1481559368277.png
66KB, 358x374px
>>88781688
idk anon they can market maui to me all day if you feel me
>>
>>88786237
>He tried to assassinate another nation's ruler
Nobody stopped him. Also Elsa froze everything to fucking shit and he nor anyone else knew what to do.
>without asking a single actual official of that nation
Where were they when Elsa fucking froze everything to shit? Why did they let Hans take over the relief efforts and not send a proper search team for Elsa?
>He's lucky Elsa didn't declare war.
Sure but Weselton's country would probably win. Elsa's country is a bumfuck nothing country. She probably isnt in a position to declare war.

Also, why were people cheering when Anna punched Hans? Why would they cheer that? They didnt know he tried to kill the sisters. All theywere privy too was that Elsa froze the entire kingdom and Hans was doing his best to help.

Frozen was shit.
>>
>>88785497
>Like... I don't see what is wrong with his motives there.
You're why 'murrica ain't great no more.
>>
>>88786339
>muh trade is bad and takin our jobs!
Enjoy your higher cost of living and still no jobs.
>>
>>88786237
>Elsa freezes the entire port, trapping many diplomats in the kingdom to freeze to death with no hope of escape as she retreats to her witch lair.
>>
File: TreasurePlanetposter.jpg (39KB, 303x450px) Image search: [Google]
TreasurePlanetposter.jpg
39KB, 303x450px
It flopped because it was nothing but an adventure

They shouldn't have spoiled that there will be no romance subplot on the whole internet

Removing romance from movies isn't progressive
>>
>>88785312

haven't seen the movie but the character of Moana is 100% better for my dick than the Frozen grils
>>
>>88786294
>They didnt know he tried to kill the sisters

they could see him swinging his sword at her from the balcony
>>
It was very brief, but I loved the Realm of Monsters, I wish the whole movie had been batshit crazy like that.

The movie as a whole was okay, just a nice adventure with a cool gimmick. I expected to hate it but I enjoyed the setting, what do you know. Still, they should have either made Moana more interesting or give more focus to Maui. She had a nice motivation: nice and clear, and an interesting-ish backstory, but she and her actions felt just too bland, specially when Maui started stealing the show left and right.
>>
animatic anon dropping in to say i've made it a minute in, hope it'll be done before /co/ gives less of a shit about moana than it already does ;_;
>>
>>88780135
Bad marketing. I have no idea what this movie is about. I mean, do they go fishing for whales or something? Because all I see are 2 islanders and a giant hook.
>>
I would've liked this movie more if it was about Maui doing the crazy shit he sang about in you're welcome. Watching the rock beat monsters up, invent shit, challenge gods and generally lead the humans into a great life with coconuts, sailing and land would have been a better movie.
>>
Because Elsa is an Aryan goddess.
>>
>>88788270
That would be Hercules on sea.

But I agree.
>>
>>88782900

Source on that pic please
>>
>>88788270
That would make a better tv show.
>>
File: Avengers.jpg (110KB, 631x946px) Image search: [Google]
Avengers.jpg
110KB, 631x946px
Why did flop compared to Star Wars: The Force Awakens?
>>
>>88788270
>>88788405
>>88788460

but it wouldnt ber about muh strong independent brown princess~!
>>
>>88780419
I don't think anything it going to make as much money as Frozen anytime soon.

It's like The Lion King; we fucking love all the movies of the 90s, but only Lion King was the insane money marker that too years for it to stop.
>>
>>88788135
Based anon
>>
>>88789237

i dont like it. i would prefer for Zootopia to be the next Lion King. at least animals are more pleasant to look at.

We got Kingdom of the Sun/Emperor's New Groove instead.

End of an Era.And i dont like it at all.
>>
>>88780135

Cause little girls still want to be white princesses and queens doing regal stuff and getting a cute boy instead of some shit brown INDEPENDENT STRONK WOMYN doing menial work and getting her show stolen by a charistmatic fatass.

9001th case of pandering to tumblr failing.
>>
>>88789237
>Lion King was the insane money marker that took years for it to stop.

>Stop

friendly reminder live action movie is in works.
>>
>>88786071

Two of them were already well into the production cycle when Treasure Planet was released; despite Brother Bear making three times what it cost to make, the Orlando studio was shut down. Home on the Range was another flop but nowhere near as bad as Treasure Planet was.

Disney had zero confidence in either The Princess and the Frog or Winnie the Pooh and expected them to fail from the start. They had much smaller budgets, worst release dates, and minimal marketing compared to the CGI films being made at the same time.
>>
>>88789234
Was she really about being independent? Nobody put her abilities in doubt or oppressed her like they did with Mulan, she was to be village chief from the beginning and they trained and trusted her to make decisions. Her conflict with her father came from her desire to explore, which was revealed to stem from her blood, as her ancestors were explorers and she wanted to honor them when she found out. When she was in fact, doubted was when she felt she wasn't important/capable enough to be chosen by the ocean, and that just came from her fighting with Maui incompetence in front of mystical threats.

I agree the focus on her made this movie a lil' bit blander than it should have been though. When Gods and monsters started appearing in she became really boring by comparison.
>>
>>88789502

Moana wasn't magically competent either - she almost drowned the first time she sailed, and she actually had to learn how to wayfind from Maui.
>>
>>88789664
I guess. She did easily fight off those cannibal pirates with just a paddle though.
>>
File: image.jpg (128KB, 437x497px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
128KB, 437x497px
>>88789338
>9001th
>th
>>
>>88789766

The best bait is subtle.
>>
>>88789886
>The world is not racist the HUMAN species is racist. Kill all humans and the world remains as always.
no fucking shit sherlock
>>
>>88780806
>Elsannafags are actually this fucking deluded
>>
>>88789886
>muh virtue signalling
>the Japanese have low birth rates but at least their retarded interbred children won't have to worry about seeing ANOTHER SKIN COLOR

Russia posters need to leave.
>>
>>88785468
>why did they forbid this diplomat from coming back again
He directly ordered his bodyguards to assassinate the queen. They actually took shots at her and almost succeeded.

Also, in his opening line he declares he wants to "exploit" Arendelle's riches. Not "form a partnership with", not even "profit from", to "exploit". Later he tries to interfere with Hans using the kingdom's own resources to protect its own people, because he, a foreigner, feels entitled to all of their marketable goods and the citizens themselves should freeze.
>>
>>88789717

>cannibal

when it was implied they eat people? besdies they looked like fucking minions ripoff.

altohugh coconut shaped
>>
File: Cannibals.png (10KB, 250x251px) Image search: [Google]
Cannibals.png
10KB, 250x251px
>>88790356
I assumed they were. They reminded me of these cannibals from Monkey Island too.
>>
>>88780151
America doesn't care about them. China REALLY don't care for them.
>>
>>88781614

I enjoyed the animation more than anything and it wasn't a bad movie, I just don't think that I would want to sit thought it more than once.
>>
>>88791198

This. People tend to forget how intensely xenophobic asian cultures tend to be. Even the structure of their xenophobia is different. Japan is westaboo as fuck, they love copying aspects of western culture, very welcoming of tourists and foreign businessmen on trips, even has shit like wasei-eigo but in the moment you try to settle in japan and have a japanese wife they suddenly stonewall the fuck out of you.
>>
>>88780151
Honestly this is why I didn't watch it.

Aboriginals are just not fucking interesting to me. I don't care about their culture. Same reason I never saw Madagascar or Pocahontas or Dances with Wolves or anything else with a tribal culture emphasis.
>>
>>88780135
summer environment during winter probably
>>
>>88780286

This board has to be retarded if there's ANYONE agreeing with you.

1) if the ocean did the job, Moana's people wouldn't have been reintroduced to sailing, which was kinda the point. Maui literally even says it.

2) They NEVER sing about being voyagers until after the initial revelation. The opening song is literally about never leaving the island because everything they have is there. It doesn't matter if the revelation fell flat for you, but it was there.

3) you wanted/expected Maui to have a bigger role than Moana in a MOVIE CALLED MOANA? Are you kidding me?

The movie was fine, but fuck, you sound like an awful person to watch movies with.
>>
I'm going to go ahead and push this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rib2er9Tng0
>>
>>88791884
>The cultures are seem the most interesting are the ones that showcase impressive developments, like say Japan with robotics.

Would Big Hero 6 count? The protagonist and his older brother were American, but they had Japanese ancestry.
>>
>>88791999
The movies with male leads (Hercules, Atlantis, Treasure Planet, etc.) tend to flop even if there is a romantic subplot in there. The only ones that did really well were Aladdin and the Lion King.
>>
>>88789346
Plus there's the much lauded stage musical which has been a thing for...shit, almost twenty years, now?
>>
>>88792082
Tarzan and The Emperor's New Groove didn't do well either.
>>
>>88791903

Every time I see this I get annoyed at how much better the movie would have flowed this way.
>>
>>88792134

Tarzan made almost $450 million worldwide; it's main problem was that, like everything else in the late '90s, it didn't make The Lion King money.
>>
>>88791999

> I have a problem with disney, but I keep watching the movies and supportin them because ???
>>
>>88792183
>when will America stop worshiping pussy so much to an irrational extreme?

when they'll put women back in the kitchen.Otherwise they'll end up like France which lost its spine years ago.
>>
>>88792183

Are you gay? Not even baiting, you sound like you want media to go back to the 80's-early 90s with action flicks and male xtreeeme protagonists, which were all quite a bit homoerotic.
>>
>>88792406
>they'll end up like France which lost its spine centuries ago.

Fixed that for you.
>>
>>88792425
he plays kingdom hearts of course he's gay
>>
Damm shame there's not that much r34 of her, and the stuff that is there isn't that great, but I think overwatch r34 spoiled me.

[Spoiler]it's not that bad though, the movie is enough. The scene where her hair flips around her face is boner fuel for me, I don't know why [/spoiler]
>>
>>88780135
1) Marketed wrong. What is the fucking point of the movie? All I know is that she goes on a quest to find the demigod because of.... something. They never say why. But then she finds him already in the commercials and.... that's it. They go on an adventure but why?

This might be the first movie I've known to not give away enough in the trailers. It's like they expected everyone to go see out of obligation it just because it's Disney.

2) The demigod is genuinely hard to look at. Why would I want to watch a story that included an naked, obese man covered in tattoos? He's made even more disgusting in comparison because he's with the cute island protagonist and her piggy.

Also in the commercials he comes off as a huge asshole, very unlikable.
>>
File: 1482682963073.gif (1004KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1482682963073.gif
1004KB, 500x281px
>>88792464
Shoulda posted this.
>>
Lack of marketing. I didn't hear about it until it was out of theaters.
>>
>>88792168
Really? I disagree not nearly as entertaining as what we got in the movie.
>>
I want disney characters to stop PISSING IN THE SEA
>>
File: nazi and jew.png (336KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
nazi and jew.png
336KB, 1280x720px
>>88791999
>Anyone sick of Disney's Anti-Male themes in their films? Zootopia was originally about Nick Wilde, but Disney being Disney they made some random twat the protagonist because it met their agenda as well as water down the themes of the original story.(..)

The problem wasn't the protagonist but the world. Shit was dystopian, that movie screamed at you "racism is bad" "it's all the fault of the goverment" "prey(white) is the oppressor" "preds(black) lives matters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EK7Br9p2f-Q

it was as subtle as jackhammer, then they removed all that shit but still couldnt make a good movie because Nick was a raging SJW who suffered from "prey priviledge".(not kidding, this is on bluray)

He was miserable either way, you wouldn't like to see a movie through the eyes of a cynic.
>>
File: after-earth-poster.jpg (124KB, 1088x299px) Image search: [Google]
after-earth-poster.jpg
124KB, 1088x299px
>>88780151
>After Earth made 70% of it's profits from foreign markets
>Director was brown too
>Moana only 40%
I don't get it, everyone in the US shat on this movie, they didn't care about how brown the cast and director was. It didn't get Frozen's numbers, but still
>>
>>88792591

guess who makes money and who do the shopping.
>>88792578
weird, Zootopia didnt have this problem.
>>
>>88792591

Maui was not useless, he's single-handedly responsible for almost everything in the setting - that's the reason he's given the hook back at the end and forgiven for causing the problem in the fist place, because everything he did was for the sake of others rather than his own benefit.

Moana only helped him realize that when do you shit, you not only need to take credit when it turns out well, but also responsibility when it turns out bad.
>>
If we're actually being realistic, and not /pol/ shitheads, it flopped in comparison because the music didn't sell well (let it go was a hit), there was no Olaf, and it didn't seem to have anything worth while to say. It was fun, but it didn't say much.

Frozen was about female empowerment and junk. It was done somewhat terribly, with all men being evil or dumb, but it was there. Zootopia had a lot to say.

Moana was fun. That's really it. After getting Pixar films like Toy Story 3 and Disney films like Frozen and Zootopia, fun isn't good enough anymore.

Unless you go kid stupid, like in Cars, which this movie didn't.
>>
File: indeks.jpg (6KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
indeks.jpg
6KB, 275x183px
>>88792676

Will Smith, anon. The Rock is just.. the Rock.
>>
>>88792719
I saw Zootopia get a lot of coverage once it was in threatres though. Word of mouth spread like wildfire and I was compelled to go see it when I read an Ars Technica article raving about it, which is really unusual in terms of their covered topics. Disney may not have pushed it but the public did, also I do actually remember seeing trailers for Zootopia.

I go to the cinema every week, I browse /co/ and read some film/tv blogs, I browse YouTube without an adblocker and subcribe to movie trailer channels. I had literally never heard of Moana until I saw /co/ threads asking why it flopped. It was like a fucking ghost movie.

I guess it had the dual misfortunes of not being marketed at all and also not being interesting enough for people to talk about it like with Zootopia.
>>
>>88792876
>Judy Miss Unrealistically Competent Hopps
Is that because shes a woman, or because shes a rabbit?
>>
>>88791903
oh you GUYS

i was actually just in the middle of uploading a new draft of this. would anyone be interested??
>>
>>88792591
>I think the last time Disney even had a solid male character was Eric from Little Mermaid

So what's wrong with say... Hercules, Aladdin, Wreck-it-Ralph and Nick from Zootopia that actually were characters and had movies about them unlike Eric? Don't tell me because Meg is sassy and Herc loves her even though she deceived him, he got pussy-whipped and everything he does in the movie is badâ„¢. And because Vanellope makes fun of Ralph and has a character arc Ralph is bad from this point of view as well? Hell, I'd argue Maui and Nick aren't even dumb or anything (let alone useless), the first thing they both do is trick the female protagonists, and pretty much spend the movie sassing each other until they accomplish something together in one way or another.

Like, I agree with this sentiment overall but fucking really? You'd choose dry-ass Eric over all those characters just because he kills the villain?
>>
>>88792676
Will Smith is white
>>
>>88792902
>>88792876

>Francine. Happy Birthday
>>
>>88792598

Maybe not as entertaining as "giant bowie crab", but it would have given the kokomora more purpose than being random monsters with one scene (and making the sea feel more dangerous/alive as a result), and it would have made the idea of Tamatoa being a paralel to Maui more fitting.

It would have also served to give Maui a moment of instrospection before his final change of heart from "I don't care" to "save Moana from giant monsters" by allowing him to see that there's a thin line between being confident and doing cool things and being a cannibal pirate leader.
>>
File: Samus Disgust.jpg (160KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
Samus Disgust.jpg
160KB, 680x680px
>>88793014
>>
Biggest reason: No marketing. They wanted Rogue One to be the big release.

Secondary reasons:

Ugly hero

Not a 'princessy' princess (see also Brave, little girls don't want BIG STRONG WOMEN, they want a princess they can dress up as and feel special)

As with so many Disney Films about minorities (or at least what's considered a minority in the US), they let the WE MUST SHOW YOU OUR CULTURE get in the way of telling a good story.

Too long on the island, there should have been less "consider the coconut" and more 'Maui messing around'. Their culture is boring but they mythology is anything but (Maui dies by being crushed by a goddesses vagina). Shorten the island sequence, have them battle another mythological element where Moana gets her sailing training and Maui masters the hook instead of that tiny montage scene that basically means they get no character growth onscreen.

How far I go was no Let it Go, they shouldn't have pushed it so hard.

Adventurous Tomboyish princess fed up of being confined and wants to explore the big wide world and go on a road trip with a more seasoned male companion is getting a bit tired now. Heck every Pixar film now are odd couple roadtrips too.

They tried to make the female characters stronger by making the male characters more heavily flawed, this is not how you should go about things (Maleficent is by far the worst example mind).
>>
>>88782413
What are the odds that two movies released the same year will make the same amount of money?
>>
>>88793058
>every Pixar film now are odd couple roadtrips too.

it's part of the Pixar formula:

>MC tricks deuteragonist into helping him/her (in disney MC is female and DA is male)
>they both end up in unfamiliar territory and we see how they both react to it
>obligatory separation and reunion when one of them realizes he/she fucked up.

only exception that confirms the rule is fucking BH6 which was advertised as superhero movie, meanwhile it was sappy "boy and his robot" story.

at this point i'd rather look forward what other smaller studios are making.
>>
>>88793058
I think I saw the lava monster villain once in the commercials they aired. And it looked fucking awesome. They should have focused more on that and less on a screaming chicken and the joke about the demigod's full title
>>
>>88791453
Madagascar didn't really focus on a foreign aboriginal culture- just a different wild environment.
>>
>>88781612
>but it's actually a bad Disney song:
YOUR GRANNIE LIED
>>
File: 115.png (356KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
115.png
356KB, 1920x1080px
hey look its a new draft nobody wanted but i'm uploading anyway <3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbCujYfIW34
>>
>>88789346
>live action movie
You mean a CGI movie with a realism style?
>>
>>88792914
I would be interested.
>>
>>88793192

>sven "cameo"
>snowball "cameo"
>flash "cameo"
>tweeting joke
>>
>>88792951

Hercules was probably the last time there was a male character on the level of a Disney Princess. He didn't have major negative character traits (naivety is a minor one that it's hard to be harsh about).

Outside of that male characters always have to have flaws. Aladdin: thief who lies for the whole film to the girl he loves. Ralph: anti-social, fucks up the game world for his own selfish reasons, Nick: con-artist.

What negative traits can you really give to Rapunzel, Moana, Merida, the frozen girls? Naivety and not listening to their parents? Hopps is an exception in that she shows some prejudice (that she gets over and is given a sympathetic reason to have it)
>>
>>88793215

now that's some good stuff.
>>
>>88791903
>the peg leg

clever
>>
>>88781536
Yes, actually.
>>
>>88793206

I find it interesting that in the pilot, it's "your father lied".

If the songs that were replaced by anything to go by, the father was supportive in the original (Moana leaving was more selfish) and there was a song about the islanders worshiping Maui. Maui also got a song about training Moana.
>>
>>88793242
> Merida

Being so stubborn (not naive, she was fully aware of what she was doing) that she was pretty much willing to let her country go to war just to avoid getting married.

> Moana

Overstimating her own abilities to the point that it almost got her killed twice, which could have been avoided if she had planned things better rather than run head-first into situations.
>>
>>88793180
Can you give some more examples of this formula? Because Apart from Zootopia, I cant think of any.
>>
>>88793346
I prefer the father in the current role. It plays better with the themes of reconnecting to your tradition and heritage.
>>
>>88793384

start with Toy Story.
>>
Did Zootopia outperform/gross Moana?
>>
>>88793415
How does Woody trick Buzz into helping him? Woody tries to kill him.

Besides, "Characters wind up in unfamiliar territory" is every adventure movie ever for all time forever.
>>
>>88793459

>kill

i am pretty sure he wanted to get rid of him.

end with Inside Out.
>>
>>88793242

>Merida

She was extremely selfish and she was willing to give her mother a potentially fatal potion just to get her way. When her mother took the potion and was laying on the floor making gasping sounds like she was dying, the first question out of Merida's mouth wasn't "are you okay?" it was "so, have you changed your mind yet?" She wants all of the perks of being a princess without any of the responsibilities (having to learn about history, having to marry a prince, etc.).
>>
>>88793375

Being boisterous and generally succeeding 4/5 times is rarely depicted as an especially bad trait, if anything the films encourage it.

"Do what your heart tells you" is a pretty core message these films put across.
>>
don't underestimate the power of an actual princess movie
>>
>>88793526

Merida was selfish.... and ended up getting everything she wanted anyway.
>>
>>88793459

Woody tried to harmlessly have him fall behind the bed so Andy would pick him one time.
>>
>>88793548

Wonder if Gigantic would scratch that itch.

She's a princess but she's a bit to young for little girls to aspire to.

I've a suspicion she'll get aged up before release (got a big delay recently so rewrites may be happening) to make her closer to Ariel age but making her older will make her interactions with Jack take on a bit of a different context.
>>
>>88793556

By virtue of using the one skill her mother had been trying to drill into her head for hald the film. Had Merida properly met and talked to the princes, she'd have realized none of them wanted to marry out of obligation any more than she did, and they'd have reached an agreement about it.
>>
>>88793526
>>88793556

There was a thread about this when Brave first came out contrasting Jasmine and Merida. Both of them were being forced to get married. Jasmine chose to run away and leave her riches and even her beloved pet behind. Merida chose to poison her mother and stay in the castle. Even though Jasmine wasn't really prepared to live outside of the palace on her own and had to be rescued by Aladdin, she still comes across as being more sympathetic and as a better person than Merida.
>>
>>88793528

By the end, Maona learnt that you can't just magically do things. She explicitely had Maui teach her to sail because of her past mistakes.
>>
>>88793710

And she mastered something that takes years in a few hours.
>>
>>88793215
>And you look like seafood
Did he want to fug her in this
>>
>>88793760
Mastery? To me it just looked like she became competent at it.
>>
>>88793661
>Had Merida properly met and talked to the princes, she'd have realized none of them wanted to marry out of obligation any more than she did, and they'd have reached an agreement about it.

In one of the earlier drafts of the script, she had more interaction with the princes and she ended up developing feelings for the blond one.
>>
>>88793801
no
he wanted to feed her to the kakamora mob, ya nasty
>>
Should have left the male character out. It's easier to make a good movie with a female character and males just tend to like to see big action movies rather than good movies.

As a man, I am really enjoying the current trend in Disney and Pixar films having their lead character as a female. I am just wondering why that is:

I am thinking it's because female characters can much more richly developed in terms of their character: they can be strong and ambitious, but they can also be caring and sympathetic, they can stubborn and arrogant but they are also able to accept mistakes and recognise their own flaws.

I think female characters are much better at this than male ones, and the audience (or at this this audience member) finds them much more appealing and relatable, you want them to do well. It wasn't always like this of course: Disney's female characters were usually kind and caring, but didn't have that desire for adventure and that self-confidence and strength of character, as those were considered to be characteristics more befitting male characters. Now of course it's different, female characters get the best of both worlds and that really benefits the story.

Male characters suffer because writers don't seem to give them that same freedom or richness of character. They tend to be about growing up to "be a man" in the traditional sense: Your typical male lead is one who must gain confidence, skill and strength to overcome some kind of adversary, usually another male. There is less room for introspection or emotional expression...unless it's anger, that's fair game apparently. But you still don't see too many male characters crying at the end of act 2: the 'all is lost' moment.

So yes, that's why I like Disney's modern female leads: Tiana, Rapunzel, Merida, Anna, Elsa, Joy, Sadness, Judy Hopps, Dory and now Moana. I am curious to wonder how young girls of today will grow up with these characters as role models.
>>
>>88793215

I know realize that other than a rival demigod, Tamatoa could have also been a crab that became human through magic, hence his obsession with being good-looking.
>>
I didn't watch it. Too tired of 3D snarky faces. Anyone feeling burnt out too? I took my little sister to see all the 3D snarkfests this month and I just don't have it in me to watch one more.
>>
>>88786062
>many countries

It's got like six countries left. It's pretty much over. It's probably not going to make more than Brave. Animated princess movies are dead unless they involve women with capes and superpowers like Frozen. Boys won't go to see them unless they have superpowers, silly animals, or funny slapstick characters like Minions.
>>
>>88793863
perhaps he used maui's hook to transform himself and that's why having it is so important to him to have
>>
They encorporated black magic mind control hexes into the sound track of Frozen.
>>
>>88793925

man, that would have been so good. That way the scene would even end the same way as it did in the movie, with crab Tamatoa lying on his back and unable to get up.
>>
>>88793893

I only watched it because I have a 6 year old who wanted to see it.
>>
>>88793853
>ficitonal character
>role model
kys you fucking autist
>>
File: 116-2.png (432KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
116-2.png
432KB, 1920x1080px
>>88793215
>tfw you get auto-claimed by disney but its that kind of halfassed claim so the vid still works on desktop youtube, but not mobile
>>
>>88793853
Why would you want them to keep ignoring male characters?
Your post reads like some SJW apologist uncle tom crap. If we ignore male characers, or worse, make them look like fucking idiots it just leads to more of the same shit this year has been characterised for. All kids need self esteem.
And it's not a new trend, the princessess have been mass marketed since Snow White, the first half decent human male lead in any Disney cartoon was Aladdin and even that became about the fucking Princess post sales.
>>
>>88793852
So he did wanted to fug her!
>>
>>88793998
Maybe try thinking of a new and original thought rather then just TWO MEMES AT ONCE.
Fuck you probably are proud of your IQ, or something but all you can do is abreviate kill yourself and call somebody an autist? Look in the mirror, buddy.
>>
>>88794217

I would like to see more adventure movies (Atlantis, Treasure Planet, etc.) that are focused on regular people who aren't royalty or a chieftain's child or something. I don't care if the protagonist is a male or a female as long as the story is good and the characters are interesting.
>>
>>88794270

> give examples of two movies that floped

oh anon.
>>
>>88780135

nigga, the real money is in the IP they created.
>>
>>88794314
This
Disney ONLY cares abot post sales, the release money is just a way to gage the demographic, which is why I roll my eyes at this meme of Moana being a flop. I honestly feel sorry for anybody who actually believes it.
>>
>>88794281

I know. :(
>>
>>88781536
The pig was supposed to be an important character in earlier drafts, but they decided to cut him because he was cluttering the movie. They left him in a couple of scenes because they knew Disney were already planning to make toys of him, and it would be weird to make toys of a character who didn't appear in the movie. (although that didn't stop The Good Dinosaur)
>>
>>88794380
Treasure Planet flopped by disney standards because it was a single stand alone movie
Atlantis deserved to flop because it blatantly ripped off an Anime on character design down to crew member roles.
>>
>>88794439
>Didn't stop the good dinosaur
Or Transformers
Or Ninja Turtles
This upset me as a kid, especially the latter.
>>
File: saving.png (8KB, 601x173px) Image search: [Google]
saving.png
8KB, 601x173px
how accurate this was?
>>
>>88794268
me, low IQ? I'm not the one that wants their child to have a fucking disney princess as heroine.
Why don't you go out and actually meet some interesting women, better than 90 minutes of entertainment that just ends up to be fapfodder for a bunch of manchildren
>>
>>88794507
The betrayal usually happens right before the final boss and reconciliation during. But more or less that's the formula.
>>
>>88792957
HOL UP I bet that went away for a bit on /tv/ when Focus came out.
>>
File: tumblr_ohtrgnFgNW1swo7kio1_1280.jpg (483KB, 1280x1521px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ohtrgnFgNW1swo7kio1_1280.jpg
483KB, 1280x1521px
>>
>>88794530
Actually I am >>88794217
That's how you make an argument, not just NUR DURR KYS KYS KYS I LIEK COD ANK CHOCLAT MALK
Fuck you, kid.
>>
File: tumblr_ohtrgnFgNW1swo7kio2_1280.jpg (519KB, 1280x1521px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ohtrgnFgNW1swo7kio2_1280.jpg
519KB, 1280x1521px
>>88794572
>>
File: NuMale.jpg (28KB, 301x321px) Image search: [Google]
NuMale.jpg
28KB, 301x321px
>>88793853
>As a man, I am really enjoying the current trend in Disney and Pixar films having their lead character as a female
>>
>>88794782

> Being a man
> Not enjoying things starring cute girls
>>
>>88794782

rubbing the p-spot feels pretty nice, but being proud of it in public... sheesh.
>>
>>88794782
That picture is going to come back to haunt him...
>>
>>88793215
>Actually combining the coconut and crab scene to make a more coherent narrative
MADMAN
>>
>>88793853
>I am thinking it's because female characters can much more richly developed in terms of their character: they can be strong and ambitious, but they can also be caring and sympathetic, they can stubborn and arrogant but they are also able to accept mistakes and recognise their own flaws.

This implies men can't, dude this is super sexist and gross, ew. you are toxic and problematic.
>>
>>88794782
Idiot is getting femminism and sexual liberation in general confused. Two very different things, actually, which leads to so many fucking arguments.
>>
File: SoPissedAtYou.jpg (101KB, 862x606px) Image search: [Google]
SoPissedAtYou.jpg
101KB, 862x606px
>>88781612

I will fight you.
>>
File: 1443026693132.gif (2MB, 400x379px) Image search: [Google]
1443026693132.gif
2MB, 400x379px
>>88794917
dont tell disney
>>
>>88794917
> /co/ does the job of a multimillion dollar company.
>>
File: heh.png (154KB, 287x297px) Image search: [Google]
heh.png
154KB, 287x297px
>>88785312
>how racist the world is

wow it's almost as if not only people are not obligated to automatically love foreigners.
>>
One definite reason was that the music simply wasn't as good, or at least as catchy.

Compare "Let it Go" to it's equivalent in "How Far I'll Go" and it's fairly obvious.

That's not to say the music in Moana was bad - Shiny is a standout IMO and the ancestor's song, as well as Maui's song, were both good but Frozen trumps Moana in terms of songs, and that's important in a Disney film.
>>
From a non-american perspective, the dubbed songs sucked ass.

This is honestly the first time I've noticed a significant drop of quality between the english and spanish songs, for example. Shiny was a particular bad case, they miss the point of the bowie tribute by a mile, and then change the lines so they don't make sense ("like a baby's neck" instead of "wealthy woman's neck")
>>
It's because Disney made a better Hawaiian film 10+ years ago
>>
>>88795340
It's more of an issue with the song being good due to the actor's AMAZING performance as opposed o quality of the song itself. So, less skilled actors singing it just sounds like shit.
>>
>>88795436

nah man, the perfomance itself was... alright, and Osorio has an attractive enough voice, but the translation job and the direction were all over the place.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkQo1ptYZPg

You can even see the places where they missed the lyp sync, so there's literally no reason to change the lines so drastically.
>>
>>88780135
Honestly the first ten minutes of the movie had me expecting it to be so much better than it turned out to be. Moana was likeable and the environment was interesting and their community felt nice to watch.

The biggest mistake I see is that Moana relied on the ocean and relied on whatever the fuck his name is to get shit done. Elsa felt ~~empowering~~ to little girls. She had a power, was unique, and used it for herself and for others. Moana couldn't do anything by herself, and that's just not an interesting fantasy. More kids will live vicariously through Elsa than through Moana, not because of race, but because it's more fun to pretend to have magic than to pretend things/people around you are magic.
Other issues are the lack of comic relief/lightheartedness, boring music, and the big guy probably scared some younger kids, his muscles would terrify little girls.
>>
>>88781612
um yeah, pretty damn weak for a disney villain song.
>>
>>88793853
>I am thinking it's because female characters can much more richly developed in terms of their character: they can be strong and ambitious, but they can also be caring and sympathetic, they can stubborn and arrogant but they are also able to accept mistakes and recognise their own flaws.

>it isn't possible for a male to be/do this
>All women are better and have more potential than all men
14year old from tumblr pls go
>>
>>88795232
Let it go is bad and the opposire of catchy, the tune itself is disjointed and off key to her very voice.
>>
>>88795969
Is it bad on a technical level? Yes.

But you'd have to legitimately be retarded, or have somehow forgotten the entirety of pop culture in 2013/2014 to not think the song was catchy or popular. It's miles and miles ahead of How Far I'll Go.
>>
>>88795969
>Let it go.
>Let it go...
>Let it go?
>Let it go.
Empasis on the punctuation. It's like they got a literal five year old girl to write a song based on the line.
>>
>>88796064
Maybe I'm lucky in the fact that very bad songs don't tend to catch in my ear. It has to have some basic appeal, even if it is a guilty one.
>>
>>88795585
That's a 1:1 of the song. Even a really good voice choice for crabby crabbington, though he doesn't seem to be as good of a singer. Changes are because other options for the lines would not flow as well.

It's really good as far as translation work goes. Only thing that would make it better would be to get a better singing voice.
>>
>>88795729
>The biggest mistake I see is that Moana relied on the ocean and relied on whatever the fuck his name is to get shit done
>Moana couldn't do anything by herself
2tru. This is the biggest problem, she's essentially a guest star in the movie she's supposed to be the lead.
>>
>>88794442

Treasure Planet didn't just flop by Disney standards, it's one of the biggest box office bombs of all time.
>>
I keep seeing those Garbage Pail Kids puppet faces on the guy on the right.
>>
File: infinity keks.png (924KB, 1017x919px) Image search: [Google]
infinity keks.png
924KB, 1017x919px
>>88785312
Fuck off /co/mblr
>>
>>88796367

i see three pigs and a chicken.
>>
>>88792914
Everyone would be interested.
>>
>>88786004
This was one of my problems with Zootopia too
>>
>>88796460

Some people are TOO interested, even.
>>
>>88796468

Zootopia relied more on animal puns.
>>
>>88796460
>>88793215
>>
File: Tamatoa beats Maui.png (248KB, 1000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Tamatoa beats Maui.png
248KB, 1000x1500px
>>88793215
I'm so looking forward to the second half.
YOU DON'T SWING IT LIKE YOU USED TO, MAN
>>
>>88780135

Well, Frozen was an exceptional hit for Disney, and that's not even counting the insane amount of merchandise business outside of the movie.

That said Moana was a flop alright, $150 million budget, at least $80 million advertising, only grossing $200 million domestic and $350 million total, means it basically broke even in the box office (note that box office numbers are GROSS, at best 60% of that money goes to Disney), so in other words there won't be a Moana sequel.

Frozen on the other hand gets a sequel even though the story didn't call for it in any way, in other words all about more money.
>>
>>88796590

whyboner.jpg
>>
>>88780135
It came out in a tough month and it didn't have the same word of mouth spread that Frozen did. The movie is fairly safe, and while Frozen is as well, it caught everyone off guard with the twist. Also there wasn't a marketing blitz like we had with Frozen. I mean you could here Let it Go everywhere. I don't think I heard even one of the songs outside of the movie.
>>
>>88796590
im planning on keeping this the last draft until i finish it entirely, just so that the SMACKDOWN isnt spoilered prematurely
>>
>>88788158
Bad marketing, plus the fact that MSM like NY Times and BBC were criticizing it for "muh racism", because anything that involves brown people to them is automatically racist.
>>
>>88780135
Because the media forced the 'FIRST MOVIE ABOUT [[insert area and group of people here]] instead of the actual story, which to be honest, it wasn't that interesting. The really only good parts of the movie were the graphics and Tamatoa.
>>
>>88796689
You know exactly why.
>>
>>88792082
>Hercules
Ummm... no
>>
>>88797266
> flamboyant yet violent villains with hot voices

oh no, my only weakness!
>>
>>88797232
Disney had Lilo and Stitch being about island brownies long before this. So, how can this be the first? Fucking marketing department don't know what the fuck they doing.
>>
>>88795729
Shit I didn't realize that not being a fucking beta and taking control of your life was all it took to be "empowering".

No really, it's depressing how many MCs of both sexes don't fucking do that.
>>
>>88796817

i heard something in malls in my country.

that gibberish polynesian song.
>>
>>88798934
The greek hiearchy theory was trashed within a year of being published by the people who published it.
Also apes got a more advanced system than canids, including delta and gamma designation. A delta was a beta that was more pathetic then an omega while a gamma is pike an aplha that doesn't want to be bothered being the aplha.
>>
>>88780286

there was a point in time where pacific islanders stopped expanding for no apparent reason just to restart after a century or so, I don't know the history very well, but that happened, it is a mystery up there whit the Mayans abandoning their city, the Easter Island and Pumapunku city.
>>
>>88798934

lmao, this is easily one of the gayest things I've ever read and it make you sound like you want dick because "ugh, women". Good job anon, made me laugh.
>>
>>88799055
Easter Island was an elaborate dick joke whose context was last to time and is an inside joke to history.
>>
>>88794571

well he is brown skinned and his hair is pretty negroid looking but his skull, posture and proportions look like that off a white male, reason why is so marketable.

The ones you should be wary of are those Snout faced Congolese-slaves/war prisoners descendants!
>>
File: 1411626024028.gif (982KB, 320x287px) Image search: [Google]
1411626024028.gif
982KB, 320x287px
>>88780135
As someone who didn't see the movie I can say pictures like this make me wonder why I would even watch it.

Literally what's the plot?

>you can't le judge a picture by the cover

I can and do.

>yeah but other posters don't tell you shit

Fuck you they do, even in shitty movies.

Bee movie poster - It's a bee and a human, conflict is reconciling the two societies.
Shrek movie poster - It's an ogre, a prince, a dragon, there's going to be fights and shit.
etc. etc.

>alright but what about Frozen huh faggot

I didn't watch that either but I know for the fact JUST from the promotional material it's about a cold bitch who will probably sing while wearing fancy princess clothing. If I was a 12 year old girl I would probably be interested in that.

What does the OP's picture tell me?

>someone or something is Moana
>two island people just standing there both looking at the viewer, so I have no fucking clue what their relationship is
>the ocean is doing shit
>girl will use a paddle
>the guy is strong

This looks more like a PS2 bargain bin game cover than a movie.
>>
>>88795198

they are in USA because according to media thats what "Smart" people do.
>>
>>88799223
>This looks more like a PS2 bargain bin game cover than a movie.
Couldn't have said it better myself
>>
>>88799223
You tried way too hard at bait. I was abput to just stop reading at "I can and do." Because you're a dismissive cunt, bt I kept going and see that you mention SHREK and BEEMOVIE.
Facebook trolls need to find new material.
>>
Black people
>>
>>88799242
>>88799281
You dropped your (samefag)
>>
>>88799335
Fuck. I meant
>>88799281
>>88799223
Sorry anon who got mis(you)'ed
>>
File: 1411890897468.jpg (40KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1411890897468.jpg
40KB, 500x375px
>>88799281
Basically. Makes me wonder if people learn from this kind of shit.
>>
>>88797335

Hercules was a disappointment to Disney (especially compared to some of it's previous films like Aladdin and the Lion King) and it performed so poorly that it caused their stock to fall by almost 10%.

Sauce: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hercules_(1997_film)#Reception
>>
File: Winnie_the_Pooh_Poster.jpg (12KB, 328x486px) Image search: [Google]
Winnie_the_Pooh_Poster.jpg
12KB, 328x486px
Remember guys, you should never make anything that doesn't make big bucks at the box office. Just like how Disney should never make films about POCs, they should abandon traditional hand-drawn animation entirely, and they should never take the opportunity to experiment after an extremely successful crowd-pleaser.
>>
>>88799117

what the hell, explain, cause I am not getting you, according to my pastor Easter Island was made by no other but Satan.
>>
>>88799439

Their handling of that film still pisses me off.

Had they released that almost any other time of the year and promoted it, it'd have made money. The budget was so small that one good weekend would have paid for it.
>>
>>88799458
Your pastor is a bigoted faggot, wheras I am a stoner baking a dumb joke.
That explanation work for you?
Also find a less retarded church, if you really feel the need to go.
>>
>>88780135

I'm honestly curious if those artists who like to racebend characters simply don't know what to do with Moana.

I haven't seen much fan art for this at all.
>>
>>88799535

You are just a stoner because Satan deceived you, cleanse ya' self from the evil spirit that got in you!
>>
>>88799414
that's so sad. Hercules was the first movie I've seen in a cinema and it's still my favorite disney movie.
>>
>>88799551

Maui is too difficult for the average artist to tackle and Moana is... well, Moana.
>>
File: 1481999885970.jpg (92KB, 460x398px) Image search: [Google]
1481999885970.jpg
92KB, 460x398px
>>88799604
with more weed, way ahead of you.
>>
>>88799653
Its the Polynesian pro boxer noses, they don't know how to translate that onto another race while keeping it aesthetically pleasing. It looks good on Polynesians, but slap it on a white person and you have a fuggin chudd.
>>
Can somepony explain me how Maui lifted up the sky? is the sky a dome? if it was to low then trees and mountains used to be tiny? or was it like a mantle?

In the Bible it states "the heavens was like a tent or something and Pokemon is Satanic"

-Jesus
>>
>>88799458
Easter Island was a bunch of fucks trying to show off how cool they were by building those statues, and in the process using up all the trees on the island transporting the statues to their spots. This trapped them on the island, because they needed trees for boats.

A lesson in why dick waving is ultimately fruitless.
>>
>>88799672
i wanna smoke weed with star.
>>
>>88782169
i mean, there must be a million more ways they could've pushed the plot and maui's backstory, maybe having more of an epic polynesian mythology and legends battle instead of a fucking flamboyant singing crab.
>>
File: CCkw-oTW0AAVkyk.png (687KB, 1220x1080px) Image search: [Google]
CCkw-oTW0AAVkyk.png
687KB, 1220x1080px
>>88799653
>>88799714

Maui is just one of those characters who will look better as a 3-dimensional rig than a 2d drawing. Plus with a super wide built body and you'll have artists who have never drawn anything other than skinny white guys sweating bullets. Also the tattoos.

There are plenty of things at work here that will deter artists who don't care enough to bother.
>>
>>88799858
>or something
100% accurate translation
>>
They shouldve made the pig into a little sibling or something

Theres not enough main characters
Tangled was 2 main characters but it worked because it was a romance

This was some epic adventure quest but eith only 2 people, it fell flat.
Shouldve had 1 or 2 friends or siblings
>>
>>88799551
>racebend Maui
I think it'd be good see Maui/Moana racebent to be Hercules/someone else

Or maybe Viking themed
>>
>>88799891
Rapa Nui is an awesome movie that is entirely unheard of in the age of post-VHS.
>>
>>88799991
Pictish Maui would look cool, blue tattoos and red locks. He just might be a little bit rougher around the edges.
>>
>>88781612
>>88795851

Ursula
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfkkMHieqcI

Dr. Facilier
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZAY-78zhmw

Mufasa
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dmt45BF5SOM

Judge Frollo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3NoDEu7kpg

I mean, when compared to these, i just dont even know what to say about moana's villain song
>>
>>88800121

stop making me miss 2D.
>>
>>88780135
Didn't like the designs, especially how huge that guy is and their smug posters, I hate those.
>>
>>88800121
I'd put it below Ursula and Frollo, on a par with Dr. Facilier, and above Scar
>>
>>88782058
*it was a hologram*
>>
>>88780422
I wanted to see Maui do the hook dance he did in the trailers.
>>
>>88800478
Your crazy. Tamatoa's song sucked ass. The only thing that made it kind of cool was that he kicked the shit out of them while singing it, and at the end with the body paint. You think it was better than Scar's song?! You're a fucking lunatic.
>>
>>88800603
i wonder if that was from the early version or just made for the teaser.

these rewrites are getting on my nerves.
>>
>>88796395
tumblr doesn't admit the rest of the world is racist, anon

only white people can be racist
>>
>>88800640
but anon, taste is subjective
>>
>>88800640
Scar's song is pretty fucking mediocre and wholly forgettable. Hopefully that'll become apparent to you when you come down from your high.
>>
>>88800640
Scar's song is probably the weakest of most of the big Disney villain songs that are immediately coming to mind (not counting sequels or spinoff shit or whatever, just songs from the actual movies). Pretty mediocre to bad lyrics and not exactly a memorable tune.

The sequence itself is animated/directed well, the VAs do a great job with what they have to work with, but I feel like people remember it as good more for the strength of Scar as a villain across the entire movie than anything about the song itself. When I was a kid it was like the only Lion King song that never made an impression on me.

I think it's probably better than the one from Moana if only because nothing in that movie made much of an impression on me either; I'm just throwing it out there that I can see why some people don't like Be Prepared (also Lion King is overrated anyway).
>>
>>88780135
Frozen was fucking shit
>>
>>88801571

Frozen was okay, but enormously overhyped.

I wish somebody released the original script, where Elsa was a villain.
>>
File: ASD.png (436KB, 717x565px) Image search: [Google]
ASD.png
436KB, 717x565px
what if maui was naked the whole time
>>
>>88802322
Why would he be naked? Despite being savages who ate each other and loved rape, hawaiians knew better than to stroll around naked.
>>
My only complaint is that Moana should have gotten a tattoo
>>
>>88802349
ok lets put some leaves on
>>
>>88801774
Didn't it come out in Current Year-3? People still act like it came out yesterday, and it doesn't look like this new shit is going to replace it
>>
too soon. i think it would've hit it off more if it was in the summer.
>>
>>88802322
>>88780135
I watched this early in theaters for free and the thing I remember most about it was wondering if Maui had anything under his leaf skirt and confirming he did.
>>
File: 9781608875979-int1-130293.jpg (282KB, 655x872px) Image search: [Google]
9781608875979-int1-130293.jpg
282KB, 655x872px
>>88799312
>>88799223

That's not a bad post though. It's just a comment on how the poster isn't that great at getting people excited about seeing the movie.

And I have to agree. I'm getting real sick of all these "character stands around while making a smug face" posters. At least make them smile or something. Why are they all so fucking smug?
>>
>>88802322
What if jafar was naked the whole time?
>>
>>88780151
came here to say this
>>
>>88793318
whys that?
>>
>>88804541
what if the lion king characters wore clothes the whole time
>>
>>88780135
>flop
i tho it was a successs---
>>
>>88780135
>flop
I think it's doing OK.

If they were going for another Frozen, they'd hire a professional like Idina Menzel to sing another hit zinger to spam the radio for months.
>>
>>88799205
>skull
In what way? his nose is wide, small forehead, bit of projecting profile and small ears. Sean Michaels and Lexington Steele fit the bill too and people get triggered when their favorite pornston fucks them.
>>
>>88780135
Not cool enough.
>>
File: pic710148.jpg (317KB, 821x1024px) Image search: [Google]
pic710148.jpg
317KB, 821x1024px
>>88804233
>sick of all these "character stands around while making a smug face" posters. At least make them smile or something. Why are they all so fucking smug?

because Disney is best at buying, copying and stealing.
>>
>>88801392
>Pretty mediocre to bad lyrics
Name one.
>>
>>88793058
>they let the WE MUST SHOW YOU OUR CULTURE get in the way of telling a good story.

I honestly never got that impression from Moana. I'm not sure how you got this impression either given that you could honestly replace the cookie cutter plot with any other culture and there'd be no difference. If they were so preoccupied with that, we'd get much more lengthy dialog on the seafaring culture of the Polynesians and more exposition on the religion.... which honestly probably would be preferable to what we got.
>>
File: You're welcome.png (211KB, 336x345px) Image search: [Google]
You're welcome.png
211KB, 336x345px
>>88780225
>>
>>88810654

so we got sea instead of swamp?
>>
>>88810654

There were what, 3 songs about what it means to be an islander and there was too long spent on the island

Compare that to Aladdin which got 1 scene setting song that didn't really touch on the culture or Hercules which got nothing. Both films involving massively different cultures but neither of them got bogged down in telling you how great they were.
>>
>>88810939
Those songs were not exclusively about "what it means to be an islander". Those songs were juxtaposing Moana's desire to both be the chief of her people and leave the island. In order to do that, they have to make the island a focal point, otherwise there is no conflict.

Musical theatre 101.
>>
>>88799055
The mayans disappearing is thought to be a mix of harsh climatic conditions and over-clearing of trees.
http://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/why-did-the-mayan-civilization-collapse-a-new-study-points-to-deforestation-and-climate-change-30863026/
>>
>>88810956

The first song was literally about daily islander life, Moana's feelings were only really touched on.

The ancestor sung sung was 100% culture.

The others were more balanced about being Moana vs the island but it's hard not to say that a lot of the songs were less about moving the story and more about describing the culture.
>>
File: WIN_20161228_18_06_08_Pro.jpg (200KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
WIN_20161228_18_06_08_Pro.jpg
200KB, 1280x720px
>>88785312
>>88780151

Except not?

Moana was the most successful in China, a country so racist that they replace teir own leads with white men.

While countries like England had it flop.

Clearly there are external factors at play, like competition with Fantastic Beasts
>>
>>88780265

Literally none of those things ruin a movie, though.

For instance Zootopia wasn't a musical, didn't have sidekick characters* and no romance either, but it did also have a female lead

*Nick isn't a side kick
>>
>>88780209

Racist has shit opinions. Who knew
>>
>>88780135
Because little white girls, Disney's audience for movies with female main characters, only want to see movies about white people.
>>
>>88811047
Except the entire movie is cute animal sidekicks.
>>
>>88791453
Haha
>>
File: WIN_20161228_18_06_00_Pro.jpg (121KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
WIN_20161228_18_06_00_Pro.jpg
121KB, 1280x720px
>>88781197

He's a rich emo. People care about him because he is a Mary Sue, a dream-life billionaire conservatard sociopath with a brooding atmosphere.

Who gives a shit about his training when he uses gadgets and his gorgeous intellectual brain which is an inheritted trait?
>>
>>88811034
>they replace their own leads with white men

What?
>>
>>88811078
What exactly makes Batman a conservative?
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (29KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
29KB, 480x360px
>>88811131

Pic related

>>88811170

>gives no shits about healthcare and charity
>resolves his problems with violence (albeit non-lethally, for a change)
>is a christian (seriously, he's canonically protestant)
>is an ideal randian hero, someone with money and no sincere altruism

Hell, the makers of BTAS had to add in a straw conservative in order to not offend the liberal audiences
>>
>>88811236

Also there's a reason why Frank Miller has sch a boner for him
>>
File: Dreamworks-Trolls-6.jpg (169KB, 1267x536px) Image search: [Google]
Dreamworks-Trolls-6.jpg
169KB, 1267x536px
id rather rewatch Trolls than some ultra detailed brown skinned "people"

it's borderline uncanny valley now.
>>
>>88811236

But conservatives give more to charity than liberals do

>resolves his problems with violence (albeit non-lethally, for a change)

What else would you suggest he does to inherently violent psychopathic criminal overlords? The fact that he doesn't outright kill them is pretty fucked up to be honest.

>is a christian (seriously, he's canonically protestant)

This one I can see

Anyway, we're playing into stereotypes either way. Everything has to be made political nowadays.
>>
>>88811371

- Need sources on that one. And do you mean actual charities, or faux-charities like Red Cross/churches?

Batman doesn't give to either anyway

- How about address the problems that give rise to supervillains in the first place? Nearly all of his Rogues Gallery is composed of mentally insane people.
>>
>>88811034
except the movie takes place right next to asia and polynesians are related to asians
>>
>>88811480
>How about address the problems that give rise to supervillains

How is this Batman's job? Batman protects the populace from the super villains (or other criminals) that do exist, the vast majority of which he should eliminate on sight in order to save lives.

> Need sources on that one

https://s3.amazonaws.com/s3.documentcloud.org/documents/1100129/who-gives.pdf

It essentially comes to down "conservatives give more, but because they are richer it doesn't count for some reason". It's the same logic of treating the Gates foundation as lesser than some schmuck giving $20 to a homeless person on the street. Yeah that 20 bucks might be more of his overall net worth than what the Gate foundation gives, but that doesn't mean it should somehow be weighted as more legitimate because of that.
>>
>>88781612
Why do Disney songs have to be some impressive "powerful" vocal performance? I literally just listened to this and I can't recall the melody, and yet I've only seen Alice in Wonderland once when I was a kid but can sing "Painting the Roses Red". Let it Go got stuck in your head because it had a catchy chorus but it isn't very singable unless you're a musical theatre student.
>>
>>88780135

It had a bigger opening than frozen the fuck you on about?
>>
All of you do yourselves a favor and watch more of Jemaine doing Bowie impressions:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yc4efBM_9JM
>>
It was pushed through by people trying to get awards convincing everyone else that it would also be profitable. But really i's just there to get all the awards.
>>
>>88812225

Opening numbers are irrelevant if they can't keep it up. Frozen made 80~ million more than Moana at its equivalent point. Zootopia 90~ million more. It is comparatively a flop.
>>
>>88811236

The Wayne Foundation has given millions of dollars to charity. Bruce Wayne is well-known for his philanthropy. He has held fundraisers for a variety of children's charities (orphanages, children's hospitals, etc.). His parents were also philanthropists.
>>
>>88811236
What's most curious about Bruce being a protestant is the vast majority of the city would be Catholic or Orthodox, given the population of Eastern Europeans and Italians, I wonder if that was commentary at the time.
>>
>>88812335
i havent seen one ad from moana other than shills on /co/ if it hadn't been for /co/ i wouldn't have even heard of this film. they made it flop on purpose. they didn't sink money into marketing at all. i saw like 10 zootopia ads on youtube before the film came out, and literally 0 for moana.
>>
File: 1474119967005.jpg (341KB, 1420x1364px) Image search: [Google]
1474119967005.jpg
341KB, 1420x1364px
>>88812975

so it's true.

Zootopia is next big franchise Disney is going to mine for years. meanwhile Moana is the "let's please some minorities for the sake of it"
>>
>>88812975

I don't watch a lot of TV, so I can't comment about TV ads, but I saw lots of promotion online for both Moana and Zootopia. Most of the ads for Moana that I saw prominently feature Maui and mention that he is voiced by The Rock.
>>
>>88780135

There isn't as much merchandise. With Frozen, you had two royal female characters to make dolls out of it and dress up in poofy gowns.

Moana is more of a tomboy. It's harder to sell figures of her with ballgowns and makeup and tons of accessories that parents and grandparents love to buy for little girls.
>>
File: mdpmhc596796822.jpg (149KB, 610x509px) Image search: [Google]
mdpmhc596796822.jpg
149KB, 610x509px
>>88813660

merch is more focused on maui and his magic hook
>>
File: 30480150643_75c6fe4a5c_b.jpg (321KB, 1024x757px) Image search: [Google]
30480150643_75c6fe4a5c_b.jpg
321KB, 1024x757px
>>88814090

...or not.

at least it looks better than that crappy zootopia merch
>>
File: 6001040900234.jpg (109KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
6001040900234.jpg
109KB, 1000x1000px
>>88813660
>Moana is more of a tomboy. It's harder to sell figures of her with ballgowns and makeup and tons of accessories

Not to mention that her arms and legs are bigger than the ones of male dolls.
>>
>>88814220

IIRC little girls wanted a new "xl" princess.

or maybe those were tumblrinas?
>>
>>88790356
I'm pretty sure Maui calls them cannibals
>>
>>88814393
>murdering little pirates
>>
>>88814310

You're thinking of Blogger Mommies with nothing better to do than complain that Barbie doesn't have cankles like a "real woman."
>>
>>88780135
>no costume change into pretty ballgown
>too much focus on male character
>bad music with melodies too difficult for young children to replicate
>all characters are ugly as sin except for the pig
>boring
Thread posts: 400
Thread images: 59

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.