[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the best comics currently out right now?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1455943283734.gif (1MB, 260x195px) Image search: [Google]
1455943283734.gif
1MB, 260x195px
Just what the title says; in your opinion, what are the best comics on the shelves right now?

I've been out of the loop for awhile and was thinking of maybe getting back in. Comics have really been disappointing me lately, though, and that was why I quit. They all seem so PC and safe and boring, also i find that Marvel can't write a good series to save its life, they just put out "experimental" "quirky" of little substance or significance and release event books that are all identical and boring as fuck. Also, they're pretty light on the writing, as in, most issues are padded as fuck with "storytelling" panels showing us useless information that requires little to no dialogue.

I was thinking of maybe trying out DC, but I'm not sure which titles are good. I collected all of the Snyder Batman run (mainly for entertainment, since most of it just pissed me off, but at least it wasn't boring), and was checking out Action Comics back when Pak was writing it.

Indie titles are also welcomed.

Currently I'm reading:

>Southern Bastards (meandering, needs to get somewhere quick)
>Saga (feel like I should have dropped this ten months ago)

And I think that's about it. Haven't been to my LCS in months.

Give me something to dance to, /co/.
>>
>>88775913
so nothing, huh.
>>
>>88775913
My top 10 favorite currently running comics are, in no particular order:
>The Fix
>Flintstones
>Foolkiller
>Ultimates/Ultimates^2
>Black Monday Murders
>Cave Carson has a Cybernetic Eye
>Unbelievable Gwenpool
>Tomboy
>Superman
>Carnage

With a special mention to my guilty pleasure: Captain America: Steve Rogers
>>
>>88775913
Superman by a mile
>>
>>88775913

We did this thread recently although it was more what was the best comic of 2016.

There were a few frequent picks that were no longer on-going (e.g. Vision) but most were series that were continuing - so they were 'on the shelves' now.

Here's that thread:
http://desuarchive.org/co/thread/88677942/
>>
>>88775913

New Super-Man is often consider a good book, as is the Superman book, post Rebirth. Pak isn't writing anything for DC at the moment.
>>
>>88775913
anything with Genndy Tartakovsky directly involved
>>
Personally my favs are:

>Gwenpool
>Carnage (ending next issue, unfortunately)
>Moon Knight
>New Super-man
>Cave Carson has a Cybernetic Eye
>Deathstroke
>Red Hood
>Ms. Marvel
>Foolkiller (already cancelled, probably a stealth mini)
>East of West (ending soon)
>>
>>88777539
Great taste, anon.
>>
>>88777488
>Pak isn't writing anything for DC at the moment.
No, but he is writing Totally Awesome Hulk and the upcoming Weapon-X ongoing over at Marvel.
>>
>>88775913
>what are the best comics on the shelves right now?
I'd know if I read comics, but this is /co/ after all
>>
Deathstroke and Flintstones have been my favorite comics for a while
>>
>>88775913
DC Rebirth is OK.

Black Joke (manga) is pretty entertaining.

Black Lagoon (manga) is incredible, though I don't know if it's ever going to continue.

High Score Girl (manga) is fun if you ever hung out in video game arcades.

Sixpack & Dogwelder is excellent.

Batman/TMNT Adventures is OK.

He-Man/ThunderCats is cool.

>Comics have really been disappointing me lately, though, and that was why I quit.

Read manga. Not kidding. That's what I've been doing lately. There's so much awesome stuff. It's way better than the current state of comics, though the current output of the industry is almost all cutesy crap or hyper violent filth with no substance, but there's quality out there if you bother to look.

Also look into yuro comics.

>I was thinking of maybe trying out DC, but I'm not sure which titles are good.

Most of them are at worst just mediocre. There's only a few outright shit titles. Superman is probably THE best in terms of ongoings.
>>
None. They're all shit.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.