[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I used to read Marvel for many years and eventually stopped.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 248
Thread images: 49

File: IMG_5764.png (1MB, 800x829px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5764.png
1MB, 800x829px
I used to read Marvel for many years and eventually stopped. Not because there was anything wrong with the comics or a particular story. I just had other things to do and I lost interest in comics.

I heard that Civil War 2 ended and I was considering picking up Marvel comics again, but I have this feeling that if I try reading current Marvel I'll just end up getting pissed off.

I'm a white, male, Trump-supporting Christian and I'm concerned that if I read Marvel comics, all I'll end up getting is a bunch of social commentary designed to make me feel like a terrible person. I know the people working at Marvel Studios are a bunch of liberal douchebags and all the Avengers stars went on their whole pissy fit where they literally begged people not to vote for Trump.

You don't see a whole lot social commentary in the Marvel Studios films, but I know comics are a very different story. There's more incentive to keep social commentary out of film than there is to keep it out of comics. Since the 2000s at least, comics have been full of social commentary.

tl;dr Can Trump supporters get any enjoyment out of reading Marvel or will they just get bombarded by liberal propaganda?
>>
>>88767512
Nope, stick to DC. What makes Rebirth so great is that they've taken a stance against SJW pandering and are trying to push leftists out of the industry.

It's really pretty outstanding how DC keeps innovating and pushing the medium forward into new and interesting ways while providing affordable but hard hitting masterpieces and genre-defining works, meanwhile Marvel is pretty much nothing but SJW shilling meme-garbage.

It blows my mind that anyone would ever waste money on Marvel when DC is, in literally every single way, a thousand times better.
>>
>hulk is now a asian with the original white man dead
>Spiderman is now black and Hispanic with the original white man rumored to be killed off
>nova is Hispanic with original white man dead
>ms. marvel is muslim while the former namebearer takes her male counterparts name
>vison is a girl
>Captain america is black and the original being a secret nazi and predicted to die.
>new wolverine is a girl with the original white male dead
>ironman has black girl replacing him and he is rumored to die
>hawkeye replaced by a woman
>thor is now a woman
>>
File: D6GMBV3.jpg (198KB, 1067x1479px) Image search: [Google]
D6GMBV3.jpg
198KB, 1067x1479px
>>
>>88767512

Depends on what you consider propaganda.

There's still good comics from Marvel, though. Vision was pretty good, and didn't really have any social commentary.

...OK, Vision's pretty good.

I guess it really depends what you're into, though. Some titles, like Gwenpool appeal to their audience, and Ms. Marvel's social commentary wasn't too bad (up until where I read). People seem to like Captain Hydra.
>>
>>88767694
Why would I be crying? You guys rigged a presidential election and somehow you still lost. That's just pathetic.
>>
File: image.jpg (835KB, 1000x1537px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
835KB, 1000x1537px
First of there are other comic publishers besides marvel and dc that do better work you should check out.Second of all not every marvel series is SJW or suffering from social commentary,nova,ultimates,unworthy Thor,USAvengers,she hulk,cho hulk,daredevil etc,when marvel does do social commentary it's weak and it's best to avoid those titles but this whole meme that either dc,marvel or any company can be universally good or universally bad has got to stop.
>>
>>88767768
why is one turtle a robot?
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 1988x3056px
>>88767673
Newfag detected the old white nova is back,Hawkeye died in frickin 2007,Steve Rogers is not a nazi and Thor is coming back
>>
>>88767673
don't forget
>moon knight is now a jew with steven grant killed off
>MODOK killed off and replaced by a literal Trump parody
>iron man was killed off and replaced by a gypsy because #romanilivesmatter
>deadpool gets cucked then killed off and replaced by a quirky teen girl that never kills because killing isn't pc enough
>falcon replaced with an illegal mexican immigrant
>usagent, the right-wing captain america, treated as a super-villain working for nazis that gets killed off
>foolkiller, the utlimate right-wing hero, is no a liberal yuppie hipster written by some anti-trump emo musician
>star-lord now a woman
>peter quill now gay
>she-hulk killed off and replaced by a tranny hulk
>iron patriot killed off and replaced by an asian lesbian
>captain america replaced by a pair of black women because black men weren't progressive enough
>citizen v replaced by a black-latino brazillian
>quasar killed off and replaced by a woman
>>
>>88767788
Avengers Disassembled came out in 2004. He came BACK in Secret Invasion. He just didn't become Hawkeye again until the Heroic Age, but Kate never stopped being Hawkeye at any point.
>>
File: image.jpg (43KB, 627x626px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43KB, 627x626px
>>88767673
Half your posts are literal lies,star lord isn't gay,She hulk isn't a tranny,deadpool is alive and has 3 books,star lord is still a man,an MODOK wasn't replaced by a trump parody that was a gag issue in the spidergwen universe and Gwen pool kills
>>
>>88767768
lmao you can't be serious here, shill:

>nova
white man replaced by a mexican

>ultimates
primarily white team replaced with an all-nigger team

>unworthy Thor,
nothing but shilling for whor

>USAvengers
"american" team with almost no americans

>she hulk
killed off and replaced by a tranny

>cho hulk
white man killed off and replaced by an asian

>daredevil
white man reumored to be killed off and replaced by an illegal chinese immigrant

like the other anon said, just stick to dc, that's where the master works are
>>
>>88767854
>bait stating something is bait by replying the fron anon
here is your yo-... oh
>>
>>88767854
>star lord isn't gay
his new comic is clearly gay pandering and if you don't see that then you're probably a cuck

>She hulk isn't a tranny
her book is literally called "hulk" now and she turns into hulk instead of she-hulk because sexy women in mini-skirts is too un-pc for this anti-trump company to stomach

>deadpool is alive
for now. he's already all but confirmed to be killed off in the upcoming cuck wars event where his wife that cucked him is going to kill him off because "gurrrrrrrl power"

>star lord is still a man
pic related

>an MODOK wasn't replaced by a trump parody that was a gag issue in the spidergwen universe
if you don't think that he's going to become the main modok from now on then you're fucking delusional. he was clearly being set up to be a recurring antagonist

>Gwen pool kills
found the waifu faggot
>>
File: wR8snSn.jpg (28KB, 325x427px) Image search: [Google]
wR8snSn.jpg
28KB, 325x427px
>>88767879
forgot pic
>>
>>88767855
>>88767805
Whats this she-hulk being a tranny shit about ?

because thats my fetish
>>
File: 1475967507934.png (16KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
1475967507934.png
16KB, 625x626px
>>88767855
God you couldve tried harder
>Rich Rider is back and doesnt matter if Sam is a spic, he was still a fun character
>Different Ultimates from the Ultimate Avengers
>Unworthy Thor hasnt mentioned Jane FosThor since the first issue
>The USAvengers one youre fucking pulling my leg, all of them are american
>Pulling my leg with She-Hulk
>Chulk is great
>Daredevil is still Matt Murdock, his chink friend died

Go back to sucking off Zack Snyder for his shitty Christ allegories
>>
>>88767926
He's just shitposting. Jen's new book is about how the trauma from CWII has fucked up her transformation so instead of turning into she-hulk, she becomes a roided out rage monster akin to Bruce's transformation, so the book is called "Hulk" instead of "She-Hulk."

But if you want "female -> male" transformations, check out Great Lakes Avengers. The new member of the team is a girl named Good Boy who can turn into her fursona, a blue wolf-man.

Both books (GLA #3 and Hulk #1) have been storytimed and can still be read through the archives if you're interested.
>>
>>88767926
I want She-hulk to be a tranny so we can get a scene where she rapes Carol hard with her newly acquired Hulk dick
>>
>>88767931
>doesnt matter if Sam is a spic
>SJW pandering is OK when it panders to me
you need to go back

>he was still a fun character
hi loeb, how's your son doing? oh right he died of cancer because he couldn't stand having such a hack for a dad

>Different Ultimates from the Ultimate Avengers
yeah, one was all white and the new one is all black. defend this: you can't

>Unworthy Thor hasnt mentioned Jane FosThor since the first issue
i don't know who this "jane fosthor" is. do you mean whor?

>The USAvengers one youre fucking pulling my leg, all of them are american
>vietnamese
>brazillian
>norwegian
>black girl from the future
lol ok

>Pulling my leg with She-Hulk
read some comics. her new series is literally called "hulk."

>Chulk is great
if pandering to sjws by replacing a white man with an asian is "great" then you don't belong here

>Daredevil is still Matt Murdock, his chink friend died
mark my words they're going to replace him with the chink and you're delusional if you don't realise it

>Go back to sucking off Zack Snyder for his shitty Christ allegories
>le bvs is bad meme
you're trying too hard
>>
File: 1402320794229.jpg (179KB, 1024x687px) Image search: [Google]
1402320794229.jpg
179KB, 1024x687px
Marvel's just trying to pique outside interest in the industry and they're seeing market trends change because women are supposedly about half of the people who buy comic books, according to some research. You may hate Spider Gwen, Gwenpool, (I'm not particularly fond of them either) and any of the major heroes who are now female but that's where Marvel thinks the industry is heading so naturally they hire on writers who are more interested in telling minority/women led stories. And with that you get the more left-leaning messages too because, well, most women and minorities ain't exactly Trump people. At least the ones who buy comics books aren't.

I'm all for representation in comics and I don't see how it harms anyone if a black kid can pick up a comic book and see a cool hero he can identify with the same way white nerdy kids identified with Peter Parker growing up. Instead of throwing them a token black dude, why not give them a major hero representing them? Same with girls reading female-led comics. Female Thor's not really my cup of tea but I bet there's a girl or young woman out there who eats that shit up.

It's just for different folks. If you don't want to read it, that's fine, but I don't begrudge its existence. Maybe it's because I haven't really been reading Marvel lately but I just don't see what the big deal is with changing the status quo to reflect a more diverse cast. I'm probably with you guys when it comes to personal taste. I'm not claiming to be some sjw who will buy seven copies of all of these “super progressive comics” but what's the harm in trying something new?

It's why we see a lot of female-led comedies and action movies now, isn't it? Because the male ones have been done before. So why not try something different? Whether they're good or not is a different story but I can at least appreciate trying to cater to a different audience and try to find a way to keep the stories fresh and interesting.
>>
>>88767879
>Let me use this misleading crop that's literally a year and a half old and a bunch of fucking hearsay to prove my point
>>
>>88767673
>>88767805
man, I get hating on Marvel, they deserve it
but half of these are half-truth or blatant lies
still, OP should stay away from Marvel for a whiles, maybe read King's Vision or Ewing's New Avengers (if you dont mind some dumb campy stuff)
>>
>>88767805
Moon Knight's always been a jew you moron.One of the reasons he became a fucking merc was because his dad was a rabbi and he had daddy issue.
>>
God you retards are easy to bait.
>>
>>88767512
Prove it, libercuck.
>>
File: BvS meme.jpg (113KB, 565x612px) Image search: [Google]
BvS meme.jpg
113KB, 565x612px
>>88768004
Basically all I'm reading from you is
>le sjw boogeyman

>read some comics
How bout you read some comics, obviously judging on looks AND thinking BvS is actually good
>>
>>88768038
Other good Marvel comics currently running that he might like. (Again, "might," there's no accounting for tastes):
>Ewing's Ultimates/Ultimates^2
>Foolkiller
>Hulk
>Uncanny Avengers
>Nova
>Amazing Spider-man: Renew Your Vows
>Unworthy Thor
>Ghost Rider
>Great Lakes Avengers
>Captain America: Steve Rogers if you're not on board for Steve Rogers Keikkaku's the Marvel Universe then I'm not sure what to tell ya'
>Gwenpool
>>
>>88767512
>Since the 2000s at least, comics have been full of social commentary.

More like the 60's you fucking casual.
>>
>>88767989
Not wanting jen to hulk out and make sweet buttlove with hercules
>>
>>88768114
i never said it was good but claiming it's "bad" is blatant shitposting. it has some problems, most of which were fixed in the utlimate edition which i highly recommend everyone go out and buy because it's absolutely worth it, but it's still a solidly "decent" movie even without the ultimate edition's additions and changes to improve the pacing and clarity, and if nothing else, it's way better than any of the mcuck films.
>>
>>88768133
>More like the 60's you fucking casual.
You mean the 30s.
>>
File: kek.png (73KB, 594x474px) Image search: [Google]
kek.png
73KB, 594x474px
>>88768152
>trying to damage control
>>
>>88768004
Miss America is space Mexican and Carol and Anti-man are white.
>>
>>88768416
>only white guy
>a villain literally named ANTI-MAN
if you don't see how this is blatant anti-straight white male pandering then i don't know what to tell you.
>>
>we can pretend we're /pol/ and get away with it

Fuck you
>>
>>88767512
Nice pasta faggot.
>>
You know, if they wanted more female readers they could have Spiderman in a long term romantic relationship like when he was married to Mary Jane. Perhaps drawn 90s style when he looked kinda sexy because you could see everything and his personality was great.
>>
>>88768464
Spreading lies and half-truths on /co/ about comic stuff as a way to be able to pinpoint who actually knows what they're talking about and who are just posting stuff they read on here and took as fact despite not actually reading the related comics is a time honored tradition.

It's just that it used to be a way to pinpoint the handful of people that don't read comics and just regurgitate memes. Nowadays, the people who don't read comics and just regurgitate memes accounts for like 90% of /co/'s userbase so it's pretty pointless.
>>
File: 57e407aa44b17.jpg (153KB, 560x850px) Image search: [Google]
57e407aa44b17.jpg
153KB, 560x850px
>>88768498
Woah man, yeah, that'd be so awesome. It's too bad Marvel will never put out an ongoing about a married Peter taking care of his super-powered kid with a top tier creative team.
>>
>>88768529
OP here. This is my first time ever seeing that image.

Those are two of the worst Spidey costumes I've ever seen.
>>
>>88768529
I really really wish i could like this, but with mayday not existing i just cant do it. The Mc2niverse was my comfy /co/ happy place
>>
>Champions
>the only white guy on the team is constantly berated and called literally Hitler
>>
>>88768019
Not OP here.

The problem I always have with "trying something new" is that they stop doing the "old" thing that worked and had a lot of fans. Porque no los dos? That's the main thing that irks me. Their argument is always "hey we had done this in 1982, now in this decade we'll be doing this other thing", fuck, I wasn't alive in 1982, and I don't want to wait a decade to pass to get the comics I like. Why can't they create diverse-whatever stuff for the new readership, but keep doing the stuff the old readership likes too? That's why fucking Batman keeps outselling all of Marvel, because DC knows what Batfags want and keeps giving it to them on a steady basis. Too bad DC is shit with most of their other books
>>
>>88768019
I see what you mean, but it would help if most of those comics were actually good. The problem is most of these comics are more concerned with preaching than telling a story. I don't know about you, but i don't like being preached to.
>>
>>88768019
>I'm all for representation in comics and I don't see how it harms anyone if a black kid can pick up a comic book and see a cool hero he can identify with the same way white nerdy kids identified with Peter Parker growing up.
So there are no white nerdy kids anymore? Or should the white nerdy kids stick to reading old 1960s Spider-Man comics?
>>
>>88767766
I feel like you're baiting. If anything gerrymandering rigged it for the Republicans.
>>
>>88768903
>gerrymandering
>for presidential elections
>>
File: 905251.jpg (112KB, 600x930px) Image search: [Google]
905251.jpg
112KB, 600x930px
What I don't like is how they keep fucking over white male heroes.

Yeah, I get it, blah blah, representation, diversity, too many white men, blah blah. But those are characters I've grown attached to, characters I don't want to see getting fucked over.

Why not create a new Ultimate Universe? One populated with diverse versions of classic characters. That way, they could see which version is more popular, and keep both audiences entertained.

Why not go the route DC went with Tangent Comics (pic related)? Keep the trademarks, but use them to make new original characters. Kind of the way they did with Kamala Khan, whose only similarity to the original Ms.Marvel is the name.

Last but not least, why not go the Hawkeye route? There's a male Hawkeye and a female Hawkeye, both are valid, both are interesting characters.
>>
File: 1481051579038.jpg (188KB, 1300x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1481051579038.jpg
188KB, 1300x1080px
>>88768903
The entire thread is bait, dude.
Pic not directed at you but it's appropriate.
>>
>>88768461
anti man was made i the fucking sixties and has control over antimatter,what is anti white male about it?
>>
>>88768895
>Or should the white nerdy kids stick to reading old 1960s Spider-Man comics?
Nah, man. They've got 5 films with a 6th one on the way, 8 cartoon series, an upcoming Spider-Man video game for PS4, and 50+ years of Marvel comics with Peter Parker. So I think white nerds today will be fine.
>>
>>88768752
Nova is white.
>>
File: 1431830144476.jpg (326KB, 1024x724px) Image search: [Google]
1431830144476.jpg
326KB, 1024x724px
>>88768498
>>88768529
I'd read the hell out of that. I think most other dudes would too. I wish Quesadilla didn't fuck with the status quo so badly because of MUH PETER. Bitches Love Spider-Man was a great series. We need more slice-of-life Marvel stuff.

And girls would love a series that focused more on the day-to-day lives of male heroes with their love interests playing a prominent role too. The problem is that most comic book writers hear "love interest plays a prominent role" and think that she needs to get captured or nag him about quitting being a superhero.

What we really want to see are two partners supporting each other and having each other's backs through tough times together. Like a real couple. Make the problems external, not internal.
>>
>>88769311
Anon, you realise that that second post was being sarcastic because that book LITERALLY exists. It's called Amazing Spider-man: Renew Your Vows and is by Conway/Stegmann.
>>
>>88767512
I just read Steve Rogers: Captain America, and it's good. it reminded me Superman: Red Son, which I loved back then, the only problem so far is taht it's way too decompressed, but this is a problem I have with many Marvel books right now. Do I reccommend it to a Trump supporter? eh, it's not really political (altought someone could and probably will argue this) so, maybe yes?
>>
>>88769172
So essentially, white nerdy kids should either stick to movies and games, or read 1960s comics, right?
>>
>>88769336
Ah, derp. I'll have to check it out then.
>>
>>88769336
>>88769311
Yeah and it's currently outselling most Marvel books, too. But Marvel is still not getting the hint
>>
File: Trolls once again.gif (2MB, 512x287px) Image search: [Google]
Trolls once again.gif
2MB, 512x287px
>>88767512
>This entire thread
>>
>>88769378
Or they could read some of the many comics about white nerdy kids. The Big 2 are still putting plenty of those out.

Pretending they don't exist just so you can live in a state of perpetual butthurt and a self-imposed persecution complex just makes you an SJW with a lighter skin-tone and slightly bigger penis.
>>
>>88769396
>it's currently outselling most Marvel books, too
We only have the sales for the first issue, anon. First issue sales are never indicative of actual sales figures because they're artifically inflated by incentive variant covers and don't reflect sell-through.
>>
>>88767512
IDK man, how much do your politics affect the comics you can enjoy? Big Two comics have never exactly not been liberal.

Now is probably a better time than than the last few years to try Marvel again.
>>
>>88767805
Quasar hasn't been killed off. Quasar, Wendell Vaughn, is the new Quasar's mentor. Quasar, the lesbian woman, has been dead for a long time but obviously was a woman herself.
>>
>>88767512
>I'm a white, male, Trump-supporting Christian
Had you skipped this part, people might have taken you and your thread seriously. But you had to blow it and turn it into shitposting central.
>>
>>88769461
>Quasar hasn't been killed off
Last I checked, Phylla is still dead.

>Wendell Vaughn
Literally who?
>>
>>88769461
If they wanted a new lesbian cosmic woman why not just using Moondragon and Pyla-Vell?
>>
>>88767512
>Trump Supporters
>Getting joy out of anything that doesn't constantly parrot their deluded conspiracies and irrational beliefs

Probably not. A lack of decent reading comprehension doesn't help either.
>>
>>88769515
Wendell was Quasar before Phylla. When it comes to the Mar-Vell heroes he was the original Quasar. And "Quasar dead and replaced by a woman" makes me think that post couldn't have been referring to Phyla, because Phyla was a woman.

>>88769522
I don't know that there's been indication Avril is a lesbian. Given the whole focus on Spencer's Cap Avril is much more likely a re-visitation of Gru Quasar than AnL cosmic.
>>
>>88769547
>Getting joy out of anything that doesn't constantly parrot their deluded conspiracies and irrational beliefs

Hey I'm not the one who's opening a diplomatic crisis with russia because my party lost the election.
>>
File: Isaac Perlmutter¿.jpg (23KB, 334x466px) Image search: [Google]
Isaac Perlmutter¿.jpg
23KB, 334x466px
OP, you are offending a friend of your god Drumpf.
>>
File: 1405294188876.jpg (63KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
1405294188876.jpg
63KB, 625x626px
>>88769515
>Literally who?
>>
File: Sage.jpg (25KB, 300x411px) Image search: [Google]
Sage.jpg
25KB, 300x411px
Sure is comics and cartoons in here.
>>
>>88769378
Why are you so hung up on the era where Peter was in high school being the only thing white nerdy kids can read? I was a white nerdy kid and I loved the hell out of the Venom saga during Todd McFarlane's run of the series when I picked it up from my LCS. So why the 60's?
>>
>>88769522
For the same reason they created a new black child to replace Iron Man when they already had one: They forgot, didn't care, or wanted a new original character to have copyright claims in case it becomes a money maker.

Modern Marvel is all about getting rid of legacy characters as much as possible, and the above is one of the reasons why.
>>
>>88769429
Like?.. Also nice how you snuck DC in here
>>
File: C02hsIuXgAE4jKJ.jpg (63KB, 751x558px) Image search: [Google]
C02hsIuXgAE4jKJ.jpg
63KB, 751x558px
>>88769547
>their deluded conspiracies and irrational beliefs
>>
File: butthurt.gif (3MB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
butthurt.gif
3MB, 360x360px
>>88767606
Especially the Superman run is great, promoting family values, friendship and stability.
Action Comics is going actually having a similar story to Civil War II (some guy being supposedly able to predict the future and seeing Lex as a future dictator), but let's see how that plays out (most recent issue is kind of a cliffhanger)

>>88767694
>still being THIS buttblasted over losing
>>
File: 1344535788141.jpg (101KB, 500x707px) Image search: [Google]
1344535788141.jpg
101KB, 500x707px
>>88768952
I think the problem with this is that when they do this the experimental books don't sell as well as the main titles because they're under-promoted so they don't usually find the audience that would actually be interested as a result. I think it also unconsciously tells potential readers that the company isn't confident enough in the new story to make it be canon, if that makes any sense. It feels condescending to be like "Look, women! We're gonna give you a Joker too!" than to just say that the new Joker is a woman now. If I were a woman, I'd be a lot more interested in reading a female Joker in the main Batman comic versus some Elseworlds story with the premise "what if the Joker was a woman?"

I may just be speaking for myself (maybe that Tangent cover you just posted sold one million copies and I'm the dumb schmuck who has never heard of it) but I didn't even know Tangent Comics was a thing. I'm betting most people don't either. So I think that's part of the problem.

I dig that cover though.
>>
>>88769751
>Loki's expression
>>
File: Loki.Laufeyson.full.1618045[1].jpg (1MB, 1000x1465px) Image search: [Google]
Loki.Laufeyson.full.1618045[1].jpg
1MB, 1000x1465px
>>88769751
>>88769764
>"Come on, I could pull that off WAY better than this trash. She doesn't even have the right boobs."
>>
>>88769687
I'm leftist a fuck but MUH SUPERMAN is always American values and doing the right thing. Just feel good superhero shit. That's my jam. The more the comics follow that model, the better for me.

I wish being a hero who fights for truth, justice, and the American way didn't get so many eyerolls from people these days. Superman represents the best of us. He's an aspirational hero. But we don't like to do those anymore. Heroes have to be "relatable".
>>
>le trump troll thread
>82 replies

Come on /co/, though you were better then the other boards.
>>
File: Winona_Ryder_(cropped).jpg (868KB, 1819x3008px) Image search: [Google]
Winona_Ryder_(cropped).jpg
868KB, 1819x3008px
You answered your own question.

No there is nothing for you in current Marvel comics because your age group of a given audience (because lets face it those kids and their Instagram or snap chat is as annoying to you as anything that smells SJW-ish) stopped buying their product in lucrative numbers because they grew up and got busy ergo stopped giving them that $$ they need. So they had to go looking for what they thought the kids would like so they could get their $$ which like most entertainment means you no longer really enjoy it.

The films are different because they are targeted at a different audience/money. As much as they are for kids and their $$ they are more after the general audience parents/ people 20-40 and after their $$$$$ like most action films.

Essentially the comics couldn't afford to keep putting out the sort of stuff you liked and survive especially in the face of massive movie sales because you and your peers were no longer buying it. It's arguable if they will keep surviving much longer.

tl;dr your ass is too old for this shit. have a pic of Winona Ryder
>>
>>88769632
Comics about white men Marvel is currently putting out:
>Amazing Spider-man
>Spider-man/Deadpool
>Deadpool
>Foolkiller
>Slapstick
>Old Man Logan
>Carnage
>Daredevil
>Dr. Strange
>Unworthy Thor
>Solo
>Punisher
>Captain America: Steve Rogers
>Infamous Iron Man (inb4 gypsies aren't white)
>Moon Knight
>Star-Lord
>Venom

Team/ensemble cast books starring at least one white man:
>Occupy Avengers
>Amazing Spider-man: Renew Your Vows
>Uncanny Avengers
>Avengers
>Nova
>Extraordinary X-men
>Uncanny X-men
>All-new X-men
>Uncanny Inhumans
>Dr. Strange and the Sorcerors Supreme
>Powerman and Iron Fist
>Ultimates^2
>Great Lakes Avengers
>Guardians of the Galaxy
>Thunderbolts
>Champions
>Deadpool and the Mercs for Money

Upcoming solos starring white men:
>Kingpin
>Bullseye
>Black Bolt
>Cable
>Iceman (warning: gay)
>Iron Fist

Upcoming team/ensemble books starring at least one white man:
>USAvengers
>X-men: Gold
>X-men: Blue
>Secret Warriors
>Royals
>Weapon-X
>Iron Fists

I may be forgetting some.
>>
>>88769751
>I think the problem with this is that when they do this the experimental books don't sell as well as the main titles because they're under-promoted so they don't usually find the audience that would actually be interested as a result.
Ultimate Marvel was a success when it just started. Especially Ultimate Spider-Man. For a lot of young readers in the 00s, Ultimate Marvel books were the gateway drug that got them into Marvel.

>I think it also unconsciously tells potential readers that the company isn't confident enough in the new story to make it be canon, if that makes any sense.
No one except comic nerds cares about "canon". Miller's Dark Knight wasn't canon, yet it got more people interested in Batman than the "canon" Batman books of the day.

>It feels condescending to be like "Look, women! We're gonna give you a Joker too!" than to just say that the new Joker is a woman now.
No one reacted that way to Hawkeye or Kamala Khan. If the character is interesting, and isn't portrayed as a sidekick of the original, people are gonna enjoy them. And also, if that's "condescending", why isn't "Look, women! We won't give you an original female character, we're gonna give you a Joker too!"

>I may just be speaking for myself (maybe that Tangent cover you just posted sold one million copies and I'm the dumb schmuck who has never heard of it) but I didn't even know Tangent Comics was a thing. I'm betting most people don't either.
They aren't a current thing, they were a thing in the late 90s I think. They were a line of comics that used existing trademarked names for essentially new and different characters.
>>
This is a bad thread.
>>
>>88769864
I thought leftists think that Superman should of been born in the city because country morals are racist, or something?
>>
File: waid.jpg (33KB, 597x426px) Image search: [Google]
waid.jpg
33KB, 597x426px
>>88770204
They need to be punished for not voting for Hillary, yes.
>>
>>88770204
>one guy said that on twitter
>"leftists think"
>>
>>88770158
>Foolkiller
>Slapstick
>Solo
>Moon Knight
Literally who
>Carnage
>Captain America: Steve Rogers
>Infamous Iron Man (inb4 gypsies aren't white)
>Venom
>Kingpin
>Bullseye
Evil white men who are evil
>Champions
Literally Hitler
>Amazing Spider-man
>Old Man Logan
>Unworthy Thor
White men who got royally fucked over
>Uncanny Inhumans
>Black Bolt
>Royals
Fuck Inhumans
>Iceman (warning: gay)
Gay

I'll give you the rest, though
>>
>>88770254
Two guys who are leftists, and I haven't seen any prominent leftists say otherwise, so
>>
>>88770284
That sure seems like a solid test of how widely embraced an idea is ;^)
>>
>>88767606
But you are wrong about absolutely everything. DC published a comic last month with Penguin as a satirical stand in for trump. Just face the fact that you were an idiot who supported an idiot and people have the right to make fun of you at every turn
>>
Marvel has literally always been liberal and DC Rebirth has many minority lead books. Sorry to break it to you anon - most comic book creative teams vote democrat. The execs are another story but the talent is definitely left leaning and always has been in both camps.
>>
File: image.jpg (55KB, 530x510px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55KB, 530x510px
>>88770274
>>not knowing moon knight
>>
>>88770274
>Literally who
Ah, so you're a filthy casual. Maybe the MCUck movies are more your speed.
>>
>>88770345
>>f-fuck your facts shill,I FEEL like marvel doesn't have good series with white guys so that must be true
>>
>>88770361
>getting this butthurt over being called out on his blatant shilling
Haha oh wow. I knew the leftists were butthurt over Hillary losing but I didn't realise it was THIS bad. Sad!
>>
>>88770413
What do comics have to do with Hilary,also what is shilling about proving your BS marvel doesn't five straight white males comics anymore is just casual stupidity,seems more like someone's deflecting the fact they were Wong huh?
>>
>>88770193
>No one except comic nerds cares about "canon". Miller's Dark Knight wasn't canon, yet it got more people interested in Batman than the "canon" Batman books of the day.
Maybe canon isn't the right word. I should have said "official". I think most casuals want the official thing because that's the thing that has the most exposure and is the easiest to get access to. That's more or less what I meant. The Dark Knight Returns had a lot of things going for it that lead to the high sales. It wasn't part of the numbered Batman series of comics, it was just its own mini-series. That helped a lot, especially for casuals. You mean I only have to buy 4 issues to read this Batman story? Sold! And lastly, it was essentially the ending to a story we all knew and loved. Making it Batman when he's older was a brilliant move because we all love a great "old man reflects on his life and choices" story. It feels connected to everything that was before. It doesn't need to be "canon" because it's more than canon. That's why something like that is an exception.

Most things aren't like that. They barely get notice from people because they feel like supplemental material instead of the real deal.
>>
>>88770469
>Most things aren't like that. They barely get notice from people because they feel like supplemental material instead of the real deal.
Yes, your average comic buyer is a retard that doesn't care about quality and only wants to read "important" comics. That's why events always sell like hot cakes despite being universally garbage while genuinely good comics get ignored because:
>lol literally who? Where's Spiderman where's Bat-Man?!
>>
>>88767512
Unless you are on the board of a big corporation, you had zero reasons voting for Trumps.
>>
>>88769864
I'm right-wing as fuck and I agree with absolutely everything you said.

Awesome.
>>
>>88767512
you might as well just ask if there are any good marvel books right now since people don't recommend the sjw stuff here anyway without anybody else calling them out

I don't buy marvel but the carnage series seems good from what I've read on here and the first issue of shehulk seemed to avoid the sjw stuff, had good art, and there seemed to be some actual character there.
>>
>>88771361
>people don't recommend the sjw stuff here anyway without anybody else calling them out
You seem upset about that
>>
>>88767512
The only stuff that cannot defend is:
> Meme morales , Bendis writing is bad. Absolute a Mary sue
>Dyke Carol , absolute clusterfuck of character
>make people gay because yes
>thor girl , its bland as fuck not even avenger worthy.
Stuff like iron woman will die very quick.
Also Sam character is death since he is captain america. Is just pandering at this point.
>>
>>88770551
>>88771689
>the other candidate was an old woman that lost the easiest election ever.
But yeah its "our" fault.
>>
File: Avengers fun.jpg (1MB, 1920x2951px) Image search: [Google]
Avengers fun.jpg
1MB, 1920x2951px
When will comics be fun again?
>>
>>88767855
Why so salty anon?
>>
>>88767957
>Fursona
We ''Shin Megami Tensei'' now?
>>
>>88771843
Let us hope soon
>>
>>88767673
>Vision is a girl
Vision is not a girl you idiot, Vision has a daughter named Viv.
>Ironman rumored to die
Is on a coma.
>Hawkeye replaced by a woman
Hawkeye is traveling as a discount Green Arrow on Occupy Avengers.
>>
>>88771843
Never.

Those patriarchal comics are a thing of the past, deal with it shitlordl.
>>
>>88770537
My point was more that most Elseworlds stories don't have the same broad appeal that TDKR did so are you saying you agree?
>>
>Can Trump supporters get any enjoyment out of reading Marvel

Probably not. Can you imagine Spider-Man saying "yeah man get those mexicans outta here!" The only time you might have gotta some enjoyment out of Marvel was anytime before the 70's (Lee tried to make everything politically neutral as possible) and a brief period in the early 2000s where everything went all edgelord, superheroes killed everyone and gay jokes were in.

Otherwise, stick with Cerebus the Aardvark I guess.
>>
>>88773008
Cap America has always been pretty conservative.
>>
File: Cap v Cap 3.jpg (63KB, 466x453px) Image search: [Google]
Cap v Cap 3.jpg
63KB, 466x453px
>>88773181
This is from a What If 22 years ago.
>>
>>88767673
>Peter Parker
>Killed off
not in a million years bendis
>>
>>88772819
Yes, I agree. I'm just also saying that the mentality that leads to them not having the same wide appeal is a fucking garbage mentality that prioritizes importance over quality.
>>
>>88767512
Well the Right won Civil War II so you might be pleasantly surprised.
>>
File: GR47_17.jpg (31KB, 175x249px) Image search: [Google]
GR47_17.jpg
31KB, 175x249px
>>88767512
Why do you support Trump anon?
I'm everything else listed and that you'd bother to come here asking these questions paints you as the kind of reasonable down-to-Earth sort that could give me some helpful insight.
>>
>>88773181
>I don't read many comics: the post
>>
>>88774102
>the Right won Civil War II
Oh come on
>>
>>88767512
politics aside, Marvel's illogical writing & lack of editing ran me off. Constant reboots didn't help either.
>>
>>88774262
>>the Right won Civil War II
>Oh come on

Didn't it?
>>
>>88767673
HISPANIC IS NOT A RACE YOU FUCK

SOME HISPANICS ARE WHITE

ALL BROWN BEANERS ARE FITLHY MESTIZOS

BROWN PEOPLE ARE MESTIZOS SO CALL THEM THAT

ARE YOU BLAMING MESTIZO CRIMES ON SPANISH MEN

ARE YOU ANTI WHITE AND HATEFUL TO THE SPANISH COLONIST THAT KILLED ALL THE INJUNS

ANTI WHITE
MOTHERFUCKER
>>
>>88775089
>THE SPANISH COLONIST THAT KILLED ALL THE INJUNS
wtf man first of all relax, second this thread belong to >>>/pol/ this is a blue board, third nobody cares about mestizos called hispanics there, we all know is just like when u call someone American, u don't care if he has french blood, irish, british, polish or german, look the spaniards force them to adopt their culture and citizenship, with all the good(no more human sacrifices, the wheel, universities, hospitals, catholicism) and the bad(inquisition, tithe, and the 20% to the king, encomiendas) and that's why they call them hispanics. Spain didn't have injuns as slaves, that was banned by the kings, the first law that recognize rights to them is from 1512 (20 years after the discovery), and last, lots of thems died of smallpox and things like that sure, but remember that wasn't do on purpose and that 1/3 of the european population die 4 diseases in the Middle Age
>>
>>88767512

You went through all of this effort, just to bait?
>>
>>88768019
who needs good art well written storys about fleshed out characters in interesting worlds when we can just pander pander pander, fucking comics are going the way of science fiction and fantasy books. shit shit shit
>>
File: 1318110197457.png (160KB, 465x357px) Image search: [Google]
1318110197457.png
160KB, 465x357px
>>88767512
>I'm a white, male, Trump-supporting Christian and I'm concerned that if I read Marvel comics, all I'll end up getting is a bunch of social commentary designed to make me feel like a terrible person.

I'm brown-skinned ESL dude and hate Marvel, but only read (about) it like one enjoys watching a dumpster fire -- although that gets boring pretty quickly as well.

>Can Trump supporters get any enjoyment out of reading Marvel or will they just get bombarded by liberal propaganda?
Like I said above: dumpster fire
>>
>>88776889
i have given up on the big two.
>>
>10 hours later
>thread is still up

Quality moderation.
>>
>>88771843
DC comics are fun. Marvel is dead and are just pissing on the grave at this point.
>>
Try 2000 AD or Heavy Metal. No bullshit Tumblr millennial pandering there, only quality fucked up content. They might offend your Christian sensibilities though
>>
>>88771843
cap looks a little to happy to see stark drops his pants
>>
>>88777004
Morrison made heavy metal great again
>>
>>88776838
But the stories have always been pandering. Marvel has always written with their audience in mind. In 60's it was stories for children and young teenagers, from the 90's onward it was for nerds and collectors, and now the demographics are shifting for the diverse audience that enjoys the Marvel movies. And just because it's not targeted at you anymore doesn't mean the works won't be well written or interesting either. You think early days of comics were non-stop home runs? The good gets remembered, the bad gets forgotten. It's gonna be the same way now.
>>
>>88777076
really you think gwenpool is good because i dont understand or squirrel grl which is written by a admitted what male hater , you can have a message and be well written look and Morrison and miller. non marvel and dc are excellent like below and toyko ghost
>>
>>88777045
Did he? I didn't yet give it a read.

My biggest worry is that he somehow went full SJW or decided to remove all the tiddy. He didn't do that, did he?
>>
File: CX7e8CXUsAAU9EV.jpg (110KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
CX7e8CXUsAAU9EV.jpg
110KB, 600x600px
>>88767512

>tl;dr Can Trump supporters get any enjoyment out of reading Marvel or will they just get bombarded by liberal propaganda?

if you're that sensitive than yeah i'd stay away
>>
>>88777310
He had a "Sex Special" issue that featured a story about 40k-style space marines going around genociding planets except instead of space marines, they're giant penis mechs that douse everything in semen, and instead of genocide, it's sex.
>>
>>88777310
he brought back what matters when it come to heavy metal like the adult story telling
>>
>>88777332
to think this is fine and and people dont give a shit, but if you start drawing sexy spider women in sexy poses well you better run and hide or the sjw and the lefty's will burn you at the moral stake
>>
>>88777310
the left use to be open to more open to adult themes when it come to creative industry's like comics now they are the ones trying to censor everything, the world has gone crazy
>>
>>88777442
This. My brother was LITERALLY murdered on the spot by rabid feminazis when he went into a LCS and said "that spider-gwen sure has a nice butt." This is the world we live in now.
>>
>>88777442

yeah but that was a really shitty drawing. hold manara to the standards he's set
>>
File: tt15b.jpg (639KB, 1211x1119px) Image search: [Google]
tt15b.jpg
639KB, 1211x1119px
>>88777076
Wrong.

In the 60s, Marvel made actually good stories that first and foremost reflected what Stan, Jack, Steve and others wanted to create. They didn't try to pander, and that's probably why their comics were able to break the mold of "just for kids and young teens", and actually attract older teens and young adults.

The ones who did all the pandering back in the 60s were DC (picrelated)

>90s
Yeah, what an absolutely great time for Marvel
>>
>>88777538
i agree but thats not what people went after him for, not to forget the shit cho got and gave back like a boss
>>
File: marvel2015.jpg (168KB, 997x1187px) Image search: [Google]
marvel2015.jpg
168KB, 997x1187px
Wait so Marvel actually got worse?!

Unbelievable.
>>
>>88767512
Yikes
>>
>>88777538
Yeah but the people who attacked it didn't attack it because of it's quality AND YOU DAMN WELL KNOW THAT. Or else they'd also attack Greg Land's cover to the same issue.
>>
>>88777571

what gets me about these is that Thor has still been a presence in the books until he got his own mini that'll set up his return/another book, Steve is running around as Cap, and no one cares about Banner which has been a huge problem for Hulk for decades.
>>
>>88777378
Hm sounds fun, I gotta check it out. Sounds a bit closer to 2000AD than HM, but then again it's Morrison

>>88777398
Adult storytelling was never mutually exclusive with tiddy, at least in the 70-80s it wasn't
>>
>>88777613
the pose that he drew spiderwoman in was a pose that spiderman has been drawn in a number of times
>>
File: Manara-Memory-46.jpg (194KB, 527x750px) Image search: [Google]
Manara-Memory-46.jpg
194KB, 527x750px
>>88777567
>>88777613

oh they were right about that shit too but i don't wanna put in effort to defend it on that grounds because i know we're just gonna yell past each other. it's easier to just bring up the point it's sub par Manara
>>
>>88777645
>Adult storytelling was never mutually exclusive with tiddy, at least in the 70-80s it wasn't
i said adult, not just sex but adult themes
>>
>>88777571
If you think about it, the last time Marvel was putting out good comics was the 80s. The 90s were trash and nearly put them out of business, the 2000s had a few good books like Brubaker Cap and Cosmic stuff, and the 2010s are just fucking awful save for Vision.
>>
>>88777619
>what gets me about these is that Thor
Odinson.
>has still been a presence in the books
So how is that relevant?
>until he got his own mini that'll set up his return/another book
Another book. They want Jane to be the main Thor.

And the main point here is that FemThor was forced, unnecessary, blatant pandering, and that Thor is a personal name and identity that is tied to mythology and was just blatantly stolen from the guy by his ex
>>
>>88777675
i agree shit should be called out for being shit and im a big manara fan. but these social justice dicksickles decided that it was offensive just like the batgirl and joker cover and the frank cho covers. with out a inch of irony they wanted marvel and dc to censor freedom of expression in the most diverse medium on the planet
>>
>>88777701
because marvel had open minded creative people that want to push the medium. now all marvel hires are from tumblr.
>>
>>88777675
>oh they were right about that shit too
Oh really? Pray tell why
>but i don't wanna put in effort to defend it on that grounds because i know we're just gonna yell past each other.
Oh I see, the classic "I have no arguments so I'll assume my opponent is a strawman" defense

>it's easier to just bring up the point it's sub par Manara
Which wasn't the reason all those people attacked the cover. If those bloggers and journos attacked its quality, I'd be totally fine (only would call them on their hypocrisy, because again, Greg Land cover)

Also, fuck you, you don't deserve to have an opinion on Manara's art if you support the moral panic witchhunt on the Italian master.
>>
>>88777701
00s actually had a lot of decent books. E.g. Planet Hulk was very well-written. Of course, the 80s were even better
>>
File: 3.jpg (75KB, 721x555px) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
75KB, 721x555px
>>88777675
>>88777538
There's a difference between mocking Liefeld's art because it has x-tremely shitty anatomy, and pressuring Marvel to censor Liefeld's art because it's too violent. One is standard level criticism, the other is moralistic bullshit.
>>
>>88767512
So you're redneck trash
>>
>>88767512
Read the old comics. You can get them for free on the interwebs. DC++ and Comicshack.
>>
File: enough.jpg (20KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
enough.jpg
20KB, 306x306px
>>88779449
>MADAM PRESIDENT LITERALLY NEVER EVER
>LEFTIES FOREVER BUTTHURT

man, I'm brazilian, I hate christians and people who think traditional family values are awesome and shit.... but i hate even more you hillary faggots.

jesus you're fucking cancer. you eat propaganda everywhere and accept all the brainwashing and shit everyone throws at you and then act like you're smart.

at least the fucking rednecks that voted for trump know they're stupid and end up being bearable to be around.
>>
File: reptile.jpg (78KB, 640x819px) Image search: [Google]
reptile.jpg
78KB, 640x819px
>>88779612
Lefties/SJW are like Crossfitters and vegans.

They're mostly annoying cunts.
>>
>>88777742

I'm saying it's stupid to bitch about marketing. If you wanted Thor Odinson he was in the books most of the time, not dead or put away or anything. You aren't being deprived of anything.

and Aaron is clearly telling a long epic story that this is the middle of.
>>
>>88779612
You sound like some edgy teen anon.
A shame you live in Kekzil.
>>
>>88779612
I love how you assume I support Hilary just because I think Trump supporters are idiots. Wrong. Hilary is awful as hell, but you Trump supporters are legit dumbasses who got played by Trump himself. It's awesome seeing him go back on everything he fooled you with
>>
>>88767512

There are non-political books, occasionally. For instance, The Vision by Tom King is not political. Neither is Warren Ellis's Moon Knight.

I completely understand where you're coming from, though. Too many books try to bring in the usual social progressive agenda, and they do it with typical ham-fisted stupidity. For instance, Sam Wilson as Captain America is all about that. So are all the new minority heroes like the inexplicable 'Iron Heart', who shares the name of a Japanese sentai-themed porno.
>>
>>88777772

>marvel and dc to censor freedom of expression in the most diverse medium on the planet

exactly, Manara and Cho can go do whatever they want. They don't need big 2. And that's what Manara did!

>>88777823

>Oh I see, the classic "I have no arguments so I'll assume my opponent is a strawman" defense

no i'm lazy and stoned. Manara did a bad pin up drawing for a book that shouldn't have had a pin up variant because of the audience Marvel wanted to read it. there is a time/place/market for that art and it wasn't that spider-woman book.
>>
File: funny dog.jpg (111KB, 528x516px) Image search: [Google]
funny dog.jpg
111KB, 528x516px
>>88779742
>you trump supporters

yeah anon, i voted from trump here from brazil while my own president was being impeached
>>
>>88779738
t.butthurt Hillaryfag
>>
>>88767820

Boy, that annoyed me so much. Yes, I realized they're both called Hawkeye, but I was reading Matt Fraction's Hawkeye to see Clint, not Kate Bishop.

I mean, Kate Bishop's origin story has her being raped by hobos. Getting crusty hobo cock in her all orificies was likely the highlight of her day.
>>
>>88779742
He hasn't gone back on anything though.
>>
>>88779700
It's not about marketing though. It's about Marvel stripping Thor of his entire identity and giving said identity to Jane Foster for no reason (and also having other characters extol the greatness of how Thor is now a woman omg u guiz)
>>
>>88768019

Frankly, the only audience that really matters is nerdy white guys. Let's be honest, the industry runs on geeks. Trying to bring in women readers and young girls is not going to work, and SJWs don't buy books.

Technically speaking, you should pander to your core audience MORE, not less.
>>
>>88779847

i mean there are reasons, we just don't know yet. the story is in progress.
>>
>>88779825
ROFL you actually believe this. Leave it to an idiotic Trump supporter to ignore the news
>>
>>88779924

Dude, he isn't even President yet.
>>
>>88779781
>Manara and Cho can go do whatever they want. They don't need big 2.
That still doesn't make what Marvel did to Manara and what DC did to Cho okay.

>a book that shouldn't have had a pin up variant because of the audience Marvel wanted to read it.
I disagree. That's why it's a variant.
Spider-Woman wasn't a "girls only, no boys allowed" book. It was a book with a main female audience, but also a fringe male audience. Main readers would get the normal cover, but some enthusiasts could go out of their way to get the Manara variant. That's how variants work, you know.

And that's assuming that ALL women absolutely hate Manara's pinups. Which isn't true, considering Milo has a huge female fanbase in Europe (and at least some in America, I assume).

>there is a time/place/market for that art and it wasn't that spider-woman book.
The thing is, in [current Marvel] there is no place for such art at all, even on variants. There was a quite telling article on The Mary Sue recently (back when Manara and Cho met up at a con), that explicitly said that in [current year] the progressive way to go is to not let "cheesecake" art exist in the Big Two in any capacity whatsoever.
>>
>>88773008
>>88773268

Actually, why can't we get a Conservative Captain America? Like, Captain America has generally been very liberal, with Ultimate Captain America being the exception.

Like, the Bush-era Captain America was Bucky. The Obama-era Captain America is Sam Wilson, though honestly he's come in too late to really count. Can't we have a Trump-era Captain America? I dunno, someone like Chris Kyle with superpowers? I mean, they created Nuke as the Captain America of the Vietnam War, right?
>>
>>88779901
Yeah, and those reasons are OMG GUIZE THOR IS A WOMYN NAO WHAT A GREAT LEAP FOR WOMEN'S RIGHTS ARE WE PROGRESSIVE YET???
>>
>>88779901
they are literally making it up as they go

modern marvel is cancer
>>
>>88779988

>Spider-Woman wasn't a "girls only, no boys allowed" book. It was a book with a main female audience, but also a fringe male audience. Main readers would get the normal cover, but some enthusiasts could go out of their way to get the Manara variant. That's how variants work, you know.

ok look. would you be ok with a Howard Chaykin or Steve Dillon Spider-Woman cover? you see how they don't really fit even though both of those guys are great artists? It's the same thing here.
>>
>>88768529
>>88768498

You know, I would be really happy with Miles if Peter settled down and was happily married.

Like, poor guy deserves a break. If anyone's read Astro City, one hero realizes that he'll die, and soon - And his son will grow up without a father. (This causes one to become a psychotic 90s-era vigilante, and the other to become Venom.)

He ultimately decides to train a replacement and provide mission support. Peter could totally do that for Miles, if they're so insistent on getting a Black Spider-man whether we want him or not. It'd be a lot more respectful and nuanced than having another guy with the SAME NAME running around and being touted as the 'bestest spidey ever'.

I mean, Miles is a transplant from another universe.
>>
>>88780056

>they are literally making it up as they go

do you know what story telling is? they're making it all up.
>>
>>88768952

Because no-one wants non-white male heroes. If they don't fuck them over, the 'alternatives' would have no chance.

Let's say you have Iron Man and you bring in Iron Heart. Interesting, but why should I read Iron Heart - who is a Iron Man imitator - when I can read about Tony instead?

Similarly, Miles was introduced to replace the dead Ultimate Peter Parker. (It didn't stick). If both books were running concurrently, why would I read Miles over Peter? Peter's Ultimate Spider-man run is amazing, and I'm simply more invested in him.
>>
>>88780076
dont be obtuse

im saying they dont plan most of the plot points

most of the things we dont know that they pretend they know they dont actually know

like the words fury said to thor to make him unworthy
>>
File: 1285361782.jpg (187KB, 1198x539px) Image search: [Google]
1285361782.jpg
187KB, 1198x539px
>>88780126

whatever u say
>>
>>88780011
Cap has always been a supporter of the ideals of America. And quite frankly Trump's ideals are the antithesis of America.
>>
File: 1456352249191.jpg (736KB, 752x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1456352249191.jpg
736KB, 752x1000px
Everyone likes Kamala. She's adorable.
>>
>>88780157

What? The same America that wiped out the Red Indians? That gleefully participated in slavery? That used Manifest Destiny to conquer and subjugate? That actively aided that clusterfuck in the Middle East, and supported terrorist groups?

I'll argue that Trump's the embodiment of America. The true America, not America as it pretends to be.
>>
File: 917152.jpg (19KB, 200x310px) Image search: [Google]
917152.jpg
19KB, 200x310px
>>88780059
>ok look. would you be ok with a Howard Chaykin or Steve Dillon Spider-Woman cover? you see how they don't really fit even though both of those guys are great artists? It's the same thing here.
VARIANT.
COVER.
Do you know what it means anon? It means a gimmick art piece that is billed as a "cover" but is essentially just a bonus artwork that has no connection to the style of the comic itself.
Yes, a Chaykin or Dillon variant cover would be as cool.
>>
>>88780144
yes i read this when it came out
still doesnt mean shit, only means they had a few ideas they thought were cool and wanted to throw a bone about possible storylines.

literally it. they barely plan anything properly and dont respect continuity at all.
>>
>>88780184
Captain America is supposed to be a paragon of what we could be as a country. An idealist to the core. To make a conservative Captain America is to make him cynical and sociopathic.
>>
>>88773008

Surely there must be Muslim terror cells, drug cartels and immigration-themed supervillains, right? I mean, there are probably superpowered ISIS cells out there. The Iron Nail was a Chinese supervillain, for instance. How about domestically? BLM is a terrorist organization, for example. Can't their leaders be militant blacks trying to bring about the race war? What would you call the Black Panthers and the Nation of Islam?

Can't we have stories about defending America from evil foreign threat? Why don't we have stories about coyotes smuggling in dangerous illegal immigrants with superdrugs? Or Captain Britain having to defend Britain from the Islamic invasion - uncovering child sex rings, home-made jihadists created by a mullah with unnatural, demon-granted charisma - and working with his fellow Captains to stem the flow of Syrian refugees?

We all know that ISIS is smuggling fighters into Europe via the brown tide. Can't we be at least a little topical about this?
>>
>>88780157
>>88780184
C'mon guys.
Trump is not Hitler 2.0. He's just your run-of-the-mill populistic isolationist. Which is a position that was quite common in America's political history.
>>
>>88780267
>To make a conservative Captain America is to make him cynical and sociopathic.
To make a liberal Captain America is to make him a hippie commie SJW.

Strawmen have their time and place, anon
>>
>>88780267

> To make a conservative Captain America is to make him cynical and sociopathic.

I don't know, a Hurt Locker-ish Captain America sounds great to me. A cynical former Afghanistan veteran, all burned-out by the Middle East wars, but still fighting for America because it's all he knows.

You could also reflect on how he wished he fought in a 'good war', but recently it seems America only fights 'bad wars'.
>>
>>88780277
>BLM is a terrorist organization, for example
>>
>>88780370
Literally USAgent in his most recent appearance.
>>
>>88780400

Yeah, that was actually great. Then he vanished off-screen in Syria.
>>
>>88780277
DC and Marvel have always skirted around directly referencing events. That's why so many fake countries exist in both settings. You know - Qurac, Vlatava, Latveria.
>>
>>88780400

I would honestly prefer that hypothetical Captain America to be new to his powers. Maybe he gets his abilities as part of a 'radical new therapy' to cure his PTSD.

Then he finds out that the war has followed him home. You could even have him mostly wear military fatigues at first and initially rely on knives and guns, before gradually 'graduating' to the full Captain America costume. I mean, you don't learn how to use a shield overnight.
>>
File: Squirrel Girl.jpg (83KB, 633x537px) Image search: [Google]
Squirrel Girl.jpg
83KB, 633x537px
This is what Liberal Marvel brings.
>>
>>88780585

What's wrong with their facesssssssss?
>>
>>88780585
C A N C E R
A
N
C
E
R
>>
>>88780585
>Eisner nominated book
>fresh non-house-style art
>fun quirky humor
>one of the first strong female protagonists in comics
I guess Liberal Marvel brings good things then :^)
>>
File: Avengers Romitajr.jpg (235KB, 1280x758px) Image search: [Google]
Avengers Romitajr.jpg
235KB, 1280x758px
>>88780585
Is that really so much worse than this?
>>
>>88780768
>Eisner award means something

my sides are in FUCKING ORBIT
>>
File: Thor Jrjr.jpg (28KB, 236x375px) Image search: [Google]
Thor Jrjr.jpg
28KB, 236x375px
>>88780787
John Romita Jr's art has been every bit as badly stylized as that of Squirrel Girl's, and he's been getting steady work forever. I remember way back when he could be arsed to actually put in the effort.
Now he just derps his way through comics constantly.
>>
>>88780449
That is really way more Nuke or USAgent than it is Steve, It's more Winter Soldier Bucky than it is Steve.
>>
File: THE MAN WITH NO TASTE.jpg (87KB, 808x449px) Image search: [Google]
THE MAN WITH NO TASTE.jpg
87KB, 808x449px
>>88780805
>muh pandering capeshit books don't win any Eisners so the Eisners must suck
>>
>>88780768
Everyone just wants their waifus drawn like Jim Lee doing Fairchild.
throw a tail on her and it's 10/10 Squirrel Girl.
recolor her and she's good for Sue/Jen/Storm whoever.
They just want rote product.
>>
File: Fairchild2.jpg (53KB, 500x357px) Image search: [Google]
Fairchild2.jpg
53KB, 500x357px
>>88780984
>>
>>88780805
>30-year old white neckbeard triggered that the Eisner Awards don't pander to his tastes
>>
>>88780934
>>88781016
t. shit tastes who think invincible iron man was good

i bet you unironically think watchmen was a good comic and that the movie adaptation was good too.
>>
>>88780768
>Implying Squirrel Girl isn't the second worst Marvel product out right now. Second only to Hellcat.
>>
File: 1431398536366.jpg (51KB, 552x442px) Image search: [Google]
1431398536366.jpg
51KB, 552x442px
>>88781061
>i bet you unironically think watchmen was a good comic
>>
>>88781087
>Hellcat
>bad
Oh no, did the big bad feminism bogeyman trigger you anon?
>>
>>88780768
>>88780934
>>88781126

/co/mblr is real
>>
>>88780768
>one of the first strong female protagonists in comics
...You had me going for a second, anon.
>>
>>88779847
I mean, Thor has gotten some good character development out of it. Unworthy thor is shaping up to be a good read.

Having thor be unworthy is an interesting story turn, having someone take up his hammer and do a job he would approve off add complexity.

As much as you hate the jane foster storyline having a significantly weakened thor odin son traveling the universe while trying to become worthy on paper is a good story.
>>
>>88767512
>Trump-supporting Christian
You should be fine, senpai. You've *clearly* mastered the fine art of compartmentalization aka Doublethink.
>>
File: (you).jpg (34KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
(you).jpg
34KB, 480x270px
>>88779612
>I hate christians and people who think traditional family values are awesome and shit....

Don't act like you wouldn't be all over Hillary's masculine cunt if you were American, culiao.
>>
>>88767766
>republicans gerrymander districts to put tilt elections massively in their favour
>Russian hackers collaborate with republican nominees campaign
>dems win popular vote by nearly 3 million
>"y-you guys couldn't even win with Crooked Hillary"
>>
>>88782965

Yeah, but the point is that Trump was supposed to have no chance at all. Look at the man, he's a fucking joke. And whatever gerrymandering or stupid tricks that may have been pulled, there's no way they could surpass whatever the Democrats were doing.

This is a fact - Hillary had the whole apparatus of state on her side. She had the media, the celebrities, and Obama's complete support. Trump won't know how to rig an election if his life depended on it - He simply doesn't have the political capital, experience or connections.

Even scraping out a narrow win should have been impossible for Trump. Like, he shouldn't have been able to win AT ALL. The mere fact he did is like a man taking down an F-16 with a sling.

And the man is drunk and blind.
>>
>>88767673
how many times can mainline Peter Parker "die" anymore
>>
>>88767512
>Christian

literally lol'd
>>
>>88785241
Republicans were so frustrated with trying to win with an intellectual candidate like Romney last time, that they forced into desperation. And in their desperation, they turned to a man they don't fully understand. Trump ran for president because he thought it would be good sport. Some men aren't looking for something logical, like democracy. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men, just want to watch a country burn.
>>
>>88782965
>Gerrymander
>Districts
Do you have any idea how presidential elections work?
>>
File: 160.gif (613KB, 295x221px) Image search: [Google]
160.gif
613KB, 295x221px
>>88767512
>>
>>88767512
I can't believe this thread is still going, are you people fucking retarded?
>>
>>88779924
>the news
This is bait right?
>>
>>88779638
Crossfitters aren't annoying cunts though
>>
>>88782965
There was even more gerrymandering in 2008 and 2012. Republicans had actually serious candidates. And in 2008, the Dem candidate had less government experience than Hillary. And he was black.

Yet all those people voted for Obama. "Nearly 3 million popular vote" - bitch please, Obama managed to get more, and not just in blue states, and that's how he won, crooked system or not.

Stop looking for excuses, Hillary was a shitty candidate with a shitty campaign
>>
>>88787184
>Republicans were so frustrated with trying to win with an intellectual candidate like Romney last time, that they forced into desperation. And in their desperation, they turned to a man they don't fully understand.
Nah they were just too busy sucking the Bush family cock to notice they don't have one decent candidate to oppose Bernie/Hillary. Before Trump was even a thing, their main candidate was Jeb fucking Bush who is a total political zero
>>
>>88787544
t. crossfitter
>>
>/pol/ thread still up
What's your agenda, o Hiro?
>>
>>88767512
Is this a /pol/ thread?
The only threads in which op feels obligated to say he's a white male (and Trump supporter because you can never be wrong when you brag about being stupid) are /pol/ threads.
>>
i like squirrel girl

you guys need to stop being so angry all the time
>>
>>88767805
>MODOK killed off and replaced by a literal Trump parody
>deadpool gets cucked then killed off and replaced by a quirky teen girl that never kills because killing isn't pc enough
>foolkiller, the utlimate right-wing hero, is no a liberal yuppie hipster written by some anti-trump emo musician
>star-lord now a woman

What? Why haven't I heard of these before?
>>
two feminists (one coveree entirely in tattoos and dyed hair with shaved sides) threatened howard the duck with mutilation if he called them doll again. and it's 2016. and he took it. this is within like 4 pages.
>>
>>88788246
Everyone jobs to feminists in [current Marvel], even Howard the Duck
Thread posts: 248
Thread images: 49

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.