[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just finished the first season. It felt kinda thrown together

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0059.png (820KB, 1917x1078px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0059.png
820KB, 1917x1078px
Just finished the first season. It felt kinda thrown together at the end compared to the first few episodes. Even Bee's behavior seemed more suited to a child than a twenty-something with her own place. What happened?
>>
>>88764355
i disagree, the end is the only part it felt like they put a lot of work into. the art, which everyone pointed out looked fucking awful as the series-proper began, finally came into its own and looked great
>>
Bee and Puppycat actually finished a season? What the fuck? When did this happen?
>>
>>88764998
Someone finally uploaded the last episode online for everyone
>>88764977
The only good part is when Bee and Decker go to the Donut planet and it's revealed Bee a Robot. Considering most of the last episode comes out of nowhere with almost no build-up, what was the point in having the series in the first place?

The backgrounds are the only decent thing in series.
Also why does all the animation have no weight or fluiditily to it? It seriously feels like it's been animated on like 10-15 frames a second at max
>>
>>88764977
I agree. If the whole show had been anything like the finale it would have been great. As it is now we've got a really inconsistent show with a finale that sets up a lot and we'll probably never see any more of it.

>>88766280
>It seriously feels like it's been animated on like 10-15 frames a second at max
Just looked at it frame by frame. It's 12 fps but it's pretty common to do that in animation (though normally they run it at 24 and just double up each frame).
>>
>>88767102
>Just looked at it frame by frame. It's 12 fps but it's pretty common to do that in animation
I keep forgetting that, whoops.
They seem to hold frames a lot and there's no smears or blur to make things appear they're moving faster, everything feels really static
>>
>>88764355
>first season
>implying there will be another season
>>
>>88767341
Yeah I think the lack of smears is really what gives it that feeling. I think it's in part due to the 60s manga style that they ended up using since anime tends to be a lot less smeary (unless it's an action scene).
>>
This show is a good example of what our shut in generation suffers from - escapism, the need to feel safe and comfortabe, inability to deal with conflict. And i'm not sure what they are trying to tell us with its presentation. Some episodes, it seems as if we are supposed to think it's cute and fun? I watched this series since I was interested where they would take this subject matter, but in the end it seemed more like an unintentional theme that came just from the creators being that sort of people. While it had good moments and art then in the end, watching it made me feel dirty - like I was a grown-up trying to crawl into my mothers womb.
>>
>>88766280
> Bee is a robot

What nigga
>>
>>88766280
Yeah, the animation was nice, I could appreciate that. But I felt like several episodes could have been skipped between the pilot and the final episode and one wouldn't seem very lost. A lot of episodes in between seemed less significant and this doesn't seem to be the type of show that would have "filler".
>>
>>88764355
Link to eps, please
>>
>>88768227
have you ever seen the people working on this show?
everyone looks like a cringy hipster manchild
>>
>>88770498
Do you have a picture?
>>
>>88764355
My only gripe with this is WHY DID HE GIVE A WISH FULFILLING DONUT TO A COMATOSE WOMAN.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.