[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

File: e1b[1].png (286KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
e1b[1].png
286KB, 1200x900px
So I never saw Korra, and it's been years since Airbender.... How does Bending work? What determines who can Bend and who can't? Is it genetic like in Harry Potter? Can everyone with direct Fire Nation heritage learn how to Bend fire, for example? Or only a small percentage within each nation?
>>
>>88761129
>>88761148
>>88761162
>>88761179
I mean.... I'm okay with this as well.
>>
File: really.jpg (26KB, 600x375px) Image search: [Google]
really.jpg
26KB, 600x375px
>>88761129
>>88761148
>>88761162
>>88761179
>>88761204
>>88761224
>>88761245

Not this shit again.
>>
You couldn't just Google these incredibly basic questions?
>>
What the fuck is happening in this thread?
>>
>>88761092
In AtLA, bending is a synchronisation between body, mind, spirit, and the world itself. It's based on various ancient Eastern philosophies, religions, and pseudo sciences. One's connection with the world is expressed through various forms of martial arts meant to direct and compel an element by manipulating the connection between the bender and their patron element. It's notable that if body, mind, or spirit is ever not in synch with the bending, it will fail.

The connection between body and element is one passed down through bloodlines, though not all children inherit the skill. More than that, a bloodline can have a stronger or weaker connection meaning that stronger benders will have stronger bender children. Again, this is based on Eastern ideas that placed a great deal of importance on lineage as a spiritually relevant factor.

In Korra it's magic, and all children get magic from their parents.
>>
File: asdf.jpg (850KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
asdf.jpg
850KB, 1440x1080px
hijacking this thread with best girl
>>
>>88761986
photoshop bryke and myke into this
>>
>>88762040
now were getting somewhere
if only i watched korra, every time i get the urge i just rewatch atla, this has happened to me 6 times now
>>
>>88762119
is this even avatar related at this point?
>>
>>88762070
You have made the correct choice 6 times now.

Also, what in the name of sweet Jesus is this ludicrous, shitty dump?
>>
File: oh lawd.jpg (14KB, 245x251px) Image search: [Google]
oh lawd.jpg
14KB, 245x251px
>>
>>88762070
You chose wisely.
>>
>>88762327
>>88762349
Welcome to the reason Korra/Atla threads are even worse.
>>
>>88763463

Well at least the mods shitcanned it.
>>
>>88761957
>headcanon headcanon headcanon
>Korra is shit because it contradicts my headcanon
>>
File: IMG_0762.jpg (141KB, 752x1063px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0762.jpg
141KB, 752x1063px
>>
>>88761957
nice headcanon
>>
In AtLA the different nations are said to have learned the skills from various sources in nature (the moon, badger moles, etc.) They don't really go into much detail as to why not everyone can do it or whatever.

In Korra it's magic given to people by turtles. It doesn't necessarily contradict what was said in Last Airbender but it does mean that either people got the turtle magic and then learned how to use it from nature, or that the origins of bending we hear in Last Airbender are wrong. Personally I just try to ignore it since I prefered the vagueness of the original. Honestly I think Korra giving exact detail about certain things (like the origins of the avatar's power) was probably the biggest misstep of the series.
>>
>>88766760
>biggest misstep of the series
nope
>>
>>88766889
I stand by that. I know there's a lot of candidates but the good/evil kites and the turtle magic are the only things that actually made the original worse. Everything else, no matter how much anyone may hate it, is at least staying in its own corner.
>>
>>88761092
Poor dudes tbqh
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.