[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who was better

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 8

File: Tai-Lung-fire-attack.jpg (243KB, 3840x1636px) Image search: [Google]
Tai-Lung-fire-attack.jpg
243KB, 3840x1636px
Tai Lung
>>
File: Lkungfupanda2shen.jpg (196KB, 1600x680px) Image search: [Google]
Lkungfupanda2shen.jpg
196KB, 1600x680px
>>88743997
Or Lord Shen?
>>
>>88743997

Tai Lung had way better skill and 1v5ed the best Kun-Fu fighters around.

Lord Shen was only a threat due to an armory and weaponry.

I'm pretty sure Tai Lung could have taken on Lord Shen's army just was well as Po did.
>>
>>88744137
It was kinda showing what happened IRL when all these physical fighter types (samurai, kungfu, ninja, warrior monks, etc.) when guns and cannons in shit first came to the far east in a great amount.

close combat is good for exactly that but can't do shit against someone 30 ft away shooting at ya
>>
>>88743997
Tai Lung as a villain for sure. Shen was good as an ironic villain but Tai Lung managed to be a mirror for the hero in their debut without actually sucking. It's incredibly difficult to use a hero-mirror villain in the first run and pull it off, because it relies on the audience knowing the MC. Big Hero 6 failed in this front because we didn't know jack shit of Hiro.
>>
>>88743997
That scene made makes me tear up.

I know I'm supposed to hate the bad guy, but its just not right, what happened to him. Anybody with any kind of insight could see that this was a self-fulfilling prophesy, that it was designed to weed out warriors with capability and ambition and replace them with worthless jackasses.
>>
>>88743997
>another X vs Y thread
Sometimes nerds get extra autistic, and then this happens.
>>
File: Princess_Zelda_ALttP.png (820KB, 547x1028px) Image search: [Google]
Princess_Zelda_ALttP.png
820KB, 547x1028px
>>88743997
Shen was a bigger threat, due to being more pragmatic and using good old inventions to overcome stronger enemies. His weapon killed one of the strongest martial artists in one shot.
>>
BETTER
>>
>>88743997
Tai Lung was one of those people who struggle to prove their worth and merit by accomplishing great deeds. He trained his whole life to be worthy of the scroll.

Po was accepting of himself and who he was, despite his lack of accomplishment. He lucked into the role of dragon warrior as a child of destiny and won through sheer chance. He'd never even been in a real fight before.

What kind of message does that send to kids?
>>
>>88744291
Can't you see how monumentally unfair that is? That Po was given the title simply because he was "the chosen one"?
>>
File: Full Metal Satoshi 8.jpg (47KB, 960x536px) Image search: [Google]
Full Metal Satoshi 8.jpg
47KB, 960x536px
>>88744268
I still say Shen. Had a bigger emotional impact, due to being a genocidal maniac who killed Po's people that you also still felt kinda bad for, rather than a snotty brat who didn't like daddy not giving him the scroll.
>>
>>88744304
>he doesnt know
>>
>>88744304
He'd worked his whole life for that moment. His entire life had been leading up to it. A lifetime of training, endless battles, all he wanted was the recognition he deserved.
>>
>>88744002
Lord Shen was a much better villain, no doubt. As a character, Tai Lung was kinda boring.
>>
File: 1478496320914.jpg (42KB, 496x620px) Image search: [Google]
1478496320914.jpg
42KB, 496x620px
>>88744291
>What kind of message does that send to kids?
I wonder if this is related to the rise of participation prizes or just "yes you lazy child, you are special too!"
>>
>>88744181
Nigga individual combat skillz doesn't mean shit in the battlefield, disciplined troops with proper arms logistics always trump that. The chinkos were the first ones to realize that and the samurais, nip autist that they are, tried their best to curb that i.e banning guns and suppressing the peasants.
>>
>>88744200
Well, BH6 also didn't work because we didn't really get to know much about the villain because the movie wanted to do the obvious bad guy is not the bad guy twist
>>
>>88744401
>banning guns and suppressing the peasants.
most samurai quickly realized they were obsolete if they didn't learn to rifle ASAP. rifles just got given the same treatment swords already got in regards to being illegal for peasants to own
>>
Am I the only here who thinks that perhaps the prophecy towards Shen with a "Warrior of black and white" isn't actually referring to Po, but rather Shen, himself, kind of like a self-fulling prophecy. I mean he himself is black and white, and can handle fighting in close quarters combats with his throwing knives, and naginata or whatever it was; it's just that he's pragmatic by preferring to rely on his cannons. And in the end it was he who led his wrecked creation to come falling down him to kill him, by cutting away the ropes.

The film's theme is about "finding inner peace" and it's the fact that Shen has never let himself work around the disappointment and worry he causes to his parents in a more peaceful and productive way is which eventually tears him apart from inside and ultimately leads to his demise.

But anyways, Shen was a GOAT villain from Dreamworks, imo.
>>
>>88744344
Yeah, and it came off like he was a petulant teenager throwing a tantrum. He did all of that training, mainly to get daddy's approval.
>>
>>88744339
Know what?
>>
>>88744450
the comic
>>
>>88744382
No. It's the "There is no spoon" moment of the movie. "There is no secret ingredient. It's just you." The message is, ultimately, that success or fail depends on you and you alone.
>>
>>88744412

I'm glad moana reversed that trend.
>>88744382
Lego movie's jab at this was funny
>>
>>88743997
I fucking hate you /co.
stop baiting me.
you know i'm stupid.
>>
>>88744467
What jab was that?
>>
>>88744436
They banned muskets wholesale during the Edo period. But when Dewey came with big boats and big guns, they were quick to realize their folly. Though not all the way through as they still adhered to bushido during WWII causing much hilarity.
>>
>>88744490
what
>>
>>88744268
Kai
>>
>>88744268
LATE
>>
File: Hory Shet.gif (981KB, 1064x589px) Image search: [Google]
Hory Shet.gif
981KB, 1064x589px
>>88744542
If by "much hilarity", you mean "oceans of blood and tears", sure.
>>
>Not creating your own destiny

T.Greek
>>
>"... it's NOTHING..." when looking at the scroll.

Fuck, I well up every time at that scene.
>>
KiNGZ
>>
>>88744456
Explain plx
>>
>>88744002
Wish he'd gotten more fighting scenes, his style was pretty dope
>>
>>88743997
>>88744002
Lord Shen would have the tighter anus hole to fuck and would be more likely to let you cum inside.
>>
>>88745182
>the way he closes and unfurls it several times in disbelief
heavy shit man
>>
>>88744724
THAN
>>
>>88746929
NEVER
>>
I say Tai Lung

but then I also say Kung Fu Panda 2 ruined the first one so what do I know
>>
>>88744463
Yea Tai Lung finding out there was no special power to be gained from the scroll would have gone into the same rage he did at being denied it.
>>
I really miss the series. Movies have gotten worse and worse at doing anything with the Five.

Least the series helped round them out a bit.

Hope Netflix picks it up again at some point.
>>
>>88744002

>Goat seer acts cheeky and confrontational the entire time and he just lets her
>Think it's just because her powers are useful and she can get away with it because of it.
>Then he just lets her go before the final battle

Felt odd to see a villain not lash out when lectured nonstop.
>>
>>88749411
Shen had known her ever since he was a child (wiki says she was his nanny?) so she was sort of the last family he had.
>>
>>88744291
But for Tai Lung, the prize was all there was. The title, the respect, the glory, and in the end he didn't care what he did to get it. He couldn't accept loss.
>>
I haven't seen Kung Fu Panda 3 yet. Is it shit?
>>
>>88749758

The villain is entertaining and has a cool leitmotiff, everything else is a resounding meh.
>>
>>88749411
Apparently there was a deleted interactions where she's a sort of mother figure.
>>
>>88743997
I'd say Tai Lung but he loses his aura of villain when the fight turns comedic and finishes with the golden fart thing in the end

Shen's fight was more serious until the end when he gets crushed by his own cannon
>>
>>88749758
its way too short in pacing. No real build up to the resolution.
>>
>>88743997
>>88744002
Definitely Shen.
>>
>>88744002
Lord Shen was a better willain, but he could never beat Tai Lung in straigh combat.
>>
Tai Lung was hotter, I'd bang him.
Lord Shen had the better storyline and movie.
>>
>>88749637
It wasn't about the scroll.
It was about his masters approval.
It was about his communities acceptance.
He was symbolically being denied both his masters love and his communities respect.

If they would have handed him a blank scroll, what would have been the harm?
>>
>>88753370
>Tai Lung was hotter,

I prefer Shen. Dat Shen/Boss Wolf comic
>>
>>88753395
Tai Lung is still way better.
>>
>>88753379
He didn't understand the lesson of the blank scroll, he wouldn't have been satisfied with it
>>
>>88753408
No, he's an obvious, obsessive bad guy who was never a real menace. His defeat at the hands of a Po who had never been in a fight before was humiliating. It wasn't until Lord Shen that we got a real villain plus a real plot plus a real ending.
>>
Lord Shen was overall best with a perfect blend of threatening and funny. Great backstory, great motivation, great personality, he's just so damn good.

Tai Lung was the most threatening but despite a neat backstory his overall personality was flat.

Kai was by and far the weakest villain. He was probably the funniest of the three admittedly but it came with the cost of any meaningful motivation or threat. Out of all of them he felt like a "villain of the week" character from a cartoon or anime unlike the other two which felt like real large threats.
>>
>>88744002
Shen did nothing wrong. His panda genocide was self defense. He would have killed Po the first time if the soothsayer didn't rescue him. He would have killed him the second time if he didn't choose to die after realizing he couldn't have attained the inner peace that Po had been given so easily. The only thing that lead to his downfall was sparing the Soothsayer while she was working against him and trying to have him killed.
>>
>>88753464
I mean appearance wise, Tai Lung is way better.
>>
>>88753552
Behind the scenes showed that part of the Shen's backstory that was cut in the film due to time restraints was the Soothsayer was his guardian while there parents were to busy doing royal duties.

So he kept her around despite her obvious sabotage cause he saw her as a mother, morso then his biological mom.

I wish they kept that aspect in the film since it could've been a good mirror of Po and his adopted father.
>>
>>88753561
>I mean appearance wise, Tai Lung is way better.

Shen's character design is way better and the way he moves is the best in the series.
>>
File: T'ai_Fu_-_Wrath_of_the_Tiger.jpg (243KB, 847x1167px) Image search: [Google]
T'ai_Fu_-_Wrath_of_the_Tiger.jpg
243KB, 847x1167px
So has any here played T'ai Fu: Wrath of the Tiger?

It was made by Dreamworks and inspired KFP

>>88753561
Tai Lung is pretty generic.
>>
File: tumblr_n1xcaqT2sP1sewcjpo1_400.gif (337KB, 390x166px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n1xcaqT2sP1sewcjpo1_400.gif
337KB, 390x166px
>>88743997
>Tai Lung
Could kick Shen's ass in a one on one fight, to be sure. Mildly Interesting backstory tho.
>Lord Shen
Better and more interesting villain because of his backstory and the fact that he sucked at kung fu. He had to rely on unconventional means to fight which made him an underdog and more relatable to the audience. Good balance between menacing and comedic.
>Kai
Just Tai Lung again, but more powerful, less interesting. Only redeemable factor was he was voiced by JK Simmons.
>>
>>88753944
>>88754094
Shit taste, kill yourselves.
>>
>>88753638
Yeah, wasn't the original plan like totally different or something?
In the movie all of his persecution complex seems like it's in his head, but originally it was supposed to be legit or something.
Like his parents actually hated him because he was an albino.
>>
>>88744291
Life isn't fair, sometimes things are outside of your controll, hard work doesn't gurantee anything.

These are what adults may pickup on. Kids will most likely just get the be yourself message but work hard.
>>
>>88744463
Couldn't all of this had been prevented not just by giving him guidence or had his dad been better but by there simply not being a bs scroll pretending to have some sort of secret The scroll was suppose to hold the secret to unlimited power. Why is the dragon warrior, a person who is suppose to be better then the others, being given a scroll of unlimited power anyway? Why are they the only ones able to learn the simple message that their is no such thing. It has nothing to do with there being a spoon since tiger boy litteraly worked his entire life for it.
>>
>>88743997
Shen. I never root for the bad guy but for some reason I liked him.

Tai Lung otoh had some very funny lines in his movie and I couldn't help but laugh with his sense of humour.
>>
>>88755290
The promise of power is what draws people in to make them learn and discipline themselves. The unworthy, the violent, the self-absorbed fail and never ascend. The truly worthy, the ones who become the Dragon Warrior, would be the ones disciplined and strong enough to wield such untold power.

By the time they reach that point, however, they realize that there is no secret power. The scroll is the final lesson, the final affirmation - you have reached this point because of your efforts.

Shen couldn't grasp that because he was all about power. He wasn't content with himself or his abilities - he always wanted more, he wanted outside approval.
>>
>>88755290

I always kinda assumed that the rejection was a secret test of character mixed with a rebuke to Shifu.

Oogway had noticed Shifu had been remiss in teaching his son the spirituality that went along with the physical abilities, to the point that while Tai Lung had mastered the techniques, things like humility and inner serenity were not part of what Shifu taught him; pride was.

Someone that could withstand and learn from the disappointment of being found unworthy of the final achievement he'd been working for might prove himself worthy of understanding the secret to limitless power comes from within, but it was a test Tai Lung failed utterly.
>>
>>88743997
I loved both of them. They both represented something important to Po, and were both terrifying yet entertaining.

The reason Kia fell short for me was because he didn't have that connection with Po that Lung and Shen did. He doesn't necessarily need to have a relation to Po, but he needs to represent a facet of Po's character or life that he must triumph. That's why Lung and Shen were great foes for him.
>>
>>88744772
That was a tricky part about KP1 and 2. Po and his enemies DID shape their own destinies. I felt like the prophecies weren't a guided path, but moreso a prediction if the characters do not change. Shen could have prevented his death and the destruction of his army, but because of his rage and greed, he continued to go down a path that would only result in him dying. Tai Lung may have very well been the chosen one, if he was not so arrogant and self-serving. Free will exists, but certain paths lead to obvious ends.
>>
>>88749758
It's mediocre, but bad if you compare it to the first two. It starts to fall into the holes the first two avoided with the "chosen one" aspect, the humor feels more juvenile, the villain is alright but has no real connection to Po, the pacing is all over the place, and no characters get to shine. I also think that they handled the concept of Chi horribly, and turned Po from someone learning the ropes and who shaped himself into a great warrior into a super special snowflake.
Thread posts: 77
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.