[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I haven't actually seen what people think about this episode

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: Message_Received_001.png (941KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Message_Received_001.png
941KB, 1920x1080px
I haven't actually seen what people think about this episode yet, but I'm going to work under assumptions. I actually hope I'm wrong though.

This episode had Peridot change her mind about Earth and trying to reason with Yellow Diamond (who she used to look up to) and later disobeying her. I feel like some people took it to be a "rebel against everything" moral kind of thing, and it makes no sense to me. Particularly since we have stuff like Pearl, and one of the reasons Peridot followed Yellow Diamond clearly was that she didn't understand Earth. Maybe what makes me think that some people took it to mean that is because of Peridot's reaction afterwards.
Am I wrong? And what do you think about this?
>>
File: 1469673269407.png (117KB, 2000x4500px) Image search: [Google]
1469673269407.png
117KB, 2000x4500px
>>88714752
I think it wasn't that Peridot questioned Yellow Diamond's understanding of Earth so much as that Peridot realized YD wasn't someone she respected.

Peridot established in earlier episodes that she worshipped YD as a paragon of intelligence and rationality. When she contacts YD, she tries to defend Earth's resources as being more valuable they were harvested sustainably rather than destroying the planet. Rather than arguing that Peridot's ideas are flawed, YD outright says that she doesn't care about optimization and resources, and she just wants to destroy the planet.

Peridot then realizes that everything about YD being rational and calculating is a lie told to little Peridots who are built to value that above all else.
>>
>>88715578
This. Peridot goes at length in "Too Short to Ride" about how Era 2 gems are facing a resource shortage. When Yellow Diamond outright states that she doesn't care about resources, Peridot loses all respect for her.
>>
>>88715578
So basically she was shocked because she found out Yellow Diamond didn't care about any of that and wouldn't even listen?
>>
>>88716173
Yeah

It wasn't
>My new beliefs are telling me that your plan is morally wrong and I don't want any part in it
it was
>My old beliefs are telling me you're an Idiot and I'm never taking orders from you YOU CLOD
>>
>>88716173
Yeah. Plus what >>88715714 said about them facing a resource shortage.

I really love the writing on the episode because it would've been so easy for them to cop out and have Peridot abandon her obsession with efficiency in favor of protecting her newfound friends. Instead, she turned on Yellow Diamond out of the belief that Yellow Diamond was making inefficient, emotional decisions and harming gemkind.
>Are you questioning my authority?
>No! I'm questioning your objectivity.
>>
>>88717835
Was it the first time though? Or did Peridot just suddenly realize it was always like that?
>>
>>88714752
It means the story is shit and Sugar is a hack.
>>
>>88718351
great shitpost!
>>
File: 1452438129722.gif (325KB, 603x539px) Image search: [Google]
1452438129722.gif
325KB, 603x539px
>>88714752
>What did people think about this episode
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibY3ymoVnvQ
>>
>>88718174
The point of the episode was that Peridot learned first-hand that YD is nowhere near being the flawless, calculated goddess Peridot thought she was.

Peridot didn't know just how petty YD could be. Everyone on Earth knew she wanted to destroy the planet, but nobody knew that she was well-aware of the resources of the planet and just didn't care.
>>
>>88718494
>there are things on this planet worth protecting
That sounds quite different from using the planet as a resource
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.