[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Carol puts Tony in a coma. Ulysses goes off to space or some

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 170
Thread images: 21

File: CivilWarII008Teaser.jpg (30KB, 575x431px) Image search: [Google]
CivilWarII008Teaser.jpg
30KB, 575x431px
Carol puts Tony in a coma. Ulysses goes off to space or some shit. Pretty much nothing is resolved.
>>
>>88714102
Wow, literally nothing. Dunno why you bothered to create a thread for this. Coulda used a more important book or at least one more interesting
>>
If they tie in Ulysses in space to the Eternity War plot where Galactus and Oblivion are fighting over reality and possibly 7 other realities each with their own continuity and use him as like a look-out man for where they need to intervene that would be pretty cool.

It would let someone who isn't Bendis work on the Carol and Ulysses plot too.
>>
>>88714102
What about them guest artists doing a page each?
>>
Perhaps the worst event ever. It wasnt even a conflict of ideologies, it was 2 drunks fighting who dragged others into this shitshow
>>
>>88714102
I have to admit, this event actually made me kinda like the original Civil War. Was that their plan all along?
>>
>>88714102
>Nothing fucking happens

Quell surprise. 8 issues of repeating, stalling garbage that submarined several other books that were forced to tie-in, and all while DC continued to eat Marvel's breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
>>
>>88714233
There was zero involvement from anyone besides Tony and Carol.
Cap and Miles were involved in that vision but they were neutral as fuck in reality.
Hawkeye killed Banner and then got out of the story.
Rhodey died and Shulk got grey.
Ulysses was a plot device, the inhumans too.

Was any other character involved in the plot at all? Out of those characters only the team leaders had a defined side.
The first CW had everyone involved in a way or another, side switching was a big deal and shifted the status quo in a way no other event could until Flashpoint.
>>
>>88714499

the entire event was so Marvel could side line the last real avenger to finalize the roster of their new diverse main Avengers team.
>>
Can Scanbro leak the issue up tonight?
>>
File: Two Drunks.jpg (270KB, 683x1036px) Image search: [Google]
Two Drunks.jpg
270KB, 683x1036px
>>88714233
>>
>>88714102
>tony's not even dead, just comatose
i mean on the one hand, it spares us a dumb revival plot when we know he would never stay dead.

on the other hand, it's also a hilariously convenient means for bendis to instill his new pet character riri into the iron man role, while also making Iron Doom book in the same stroke.

also I guess Ulysses was the lamest new character this year because he was literally just a plot device the whole way through.
>>
>>88714181
Ads for future comics.

OP forgot Black Shadow President.
>>
>>88714499
That's not even half of it.

For example, what is Tony trying to accomplish? Why does he attack the Traskileon and Carol when she's with Miles? What is he trying to accomplish? Knock her out and run away? He even seemed shocked when the Traskileon was blown up. Is his goal to kill Ulyesses? What is Tony's plan? Cap in the first Civil War laid it out, "We will make the government program seem useless so that they give up on it". Kind of out there, but understandable. With CWII, I don't even know what Tony is fighting for because he seems like the guy who lost a fighting game match and thus he slams his controller, snaps the memory card then punches his opponent.

And one step further, none of the actions in the book have consequences that affect the story. War Machine's death is only used so that Tony and Carol can shit on each other. She-Hulk was comatosed to... Hulk was killed by Hawkeye, leading to the trial, where Hawkeye gets off free and then...
And that's the problem. This doesn't feel like a flowing narrative and just several ideas they had for the event that just happen, but the events after them have no reference to them. I'd hate to make this comparison to Civil War, but Goliath was killed to hype up Clor, which has the payoff of Hercules beating him. Punisher saves Spidey, then gets booted by Cap, but at least there is a tease that something might come out of him in the last issue. Even the dead child's mother shows up through the book. CWII just has no narrative. It couldn't even capitalize on the hero vs. hero aspect!
>>
>>88714233
>It wasnt even a conflict of ideologies, it was 2 drunks fighting who dragged others into this shitshow

The most accurate description of Civil "War" 2 I've seen yet.
>>
File: 1472187788273.png (570KB, 515x720px) Image search: [Google]
1472187788273.png
570KB, 515x720px
We don't even get more murderCarol material? Is she at least trying to kill him?

Man, fuck this.
>>
This event wasn't even a story. It was the list of things the editors wanted to happen (character deaths, character to be in a position for their next ongoing) instead of being a story.
>>
>>88714541

Don't forget Rhodey. Got to get the true obvious diverse heir out of the way too.
>>
Has there ever been an event that actually ended strongly?
>>
>>88715022
Neonomicon
>>
>>88714656
Scanbro is a myth.
>>
>>88714949
Yep, this event started not with the story, but with what editorial wanted to do with Carl and Tony. They wanted Carl to have the "Hillary" role (they probably expected her to win the election too). Carol, like Hillary, would be the new woman in charge and have Marvel civvies worshipping her and sniffing her snatch and brand new day and all that bullshit. And of course her new rebooted series would have to deal with the struggle it is being a woman in charge and blah blah blah blah.

Then they wanted to sideline Tony for Bendis's new pet creation and Doom.

CW2 was thought of afterwards with an added bonus of trying to bank in on the movie. It's no wonder this event feels rushed and bare despite lasting 7 months, poisoning dozens of other books, and spanning 8 issues - which is quite the feat.
>>
>>88715022
Annihilation is the only one I can think of. And I'm not even one to overrate that event, but it genuinely ended with a bang.
>>
I do hope that if Ulysses actually fucks off to Literally Outer Space there several hundred Poochie the Dog jokes are made.
>>
>>88715150
I was literally just thinking the same thing anon. Bonus points if Miles begs to go with him
>>
>>88715022

Final Crisis. Forever Evil. DC One Million. Nothing from Marvel tho. Unless you count Xmen events.
>>
>>88715022
Secret Wars
>>
>>88715022
Crisis on Infinite Earths was actually cool.
>>
>>88715106
All the Marvel Cosmic events, really.
>>
>>88714137
Ewing was great with Ulysses so I'd take it.
>>
>>88715585
>>
>>88715627
>That starlord
>Compare to now
what happened
>>
>>88714102
Don't even have the balls to kill Tony, just put him in a coma that he'll be out of six months from now. Fucking brilliant. Bravo Bendis, bravo Marvel.
>>
>>88715022
Forever evil final page was really fucking hype
>>
>>88716632
The movie reddit loves happened
>>
>>88714233
Fear Itself was the worst event ever.
>>
>>88716632
You just know Rich is never going to meet up with him now because he'd definitely call out the wild change
>>
>>88717092
>make a big deal about hammers falling to the sky and calling to random characters
>they all fuck off out of the main book whIle a whole lot of nothing happens
>Tony Stark convinces a dwarf to help him make weapons for a random selection of his friends to fight against the Serpent
>these weapons are used for two pages and then disappear
>no reason is ever given for why Tony chose those heroes or why the hammers chose those characters
>The Serpent is now living in New Asgard
>>
>>88717187
The whole thing just had no meaning or weight to it.
>>
>>88717092
I would argue that Original Sin, Civil War II, and some others are worse than Fear Itself. Fear Itself wasn't a bad idea for a story. Having an Odin level threat who made massive threats appear was kind of fun, and everything was there to be good, but the problem was that the event did "Keep away". Like, the way to defeat the Worthy didn't come in until the last issue, when it was way too cramp. The Asgardians fucked off cause Odin was an asshole. And the Worthy are beaten off panel.

Thing is, if they restructured the story, it could have been great. It's not as bad as people make it out to be, as I think shit like CWII is much much worse. Hell, Fear Itself could make a great MCU film while we're at it.
>>
>>88717232
But the big difference here is that Fraction admits he fucked up and dropped the ball on Fear Itself. Bendis will never admit Civil War 2 was a failure and will defend it to the day he dies.
>>
>>88717267
Fraction was put in a tight spot though. I mean, it was originally supposed to be a Cap and Thor crossover, but then Marvel went "SALES ARE DOWN, WE NEED AN EVENT". It was kind of sad, but there is an podcast way back when where they talked to Fraction about Fear Itself, and he sounded so defeated. I guess it's telling when Marvel wanted him on Inhumans, he bailed and left the company.
>>
>>88717256
I forgot about Original Sin.
>>
>>88717267
>>88717337
But yeah, the biggest problem is that none of the people leftover at Marvel have the balls to admit they fucked up. (Okay, maybe Christos Gage) It's irritating that they write crap, and people try to call them on their crap, and instead they just go "Well look at the fans who love it!" to the Twitter and Tumblrs.
>>
>>88717337
>I guess it's telling when Marvel wanted him on Inhumans, he bailed and left the company.

"We need a filler writer that people like! Let's call the guy from Hawkeye and Iron Fist!"

They're wasting talent.
>>
>>88717337
>but then Marvel went "SALES ARE DOWN, WE NEED AN EVENT"
Isn't this also what happened with Axis? It was meant to be a smaller thing but then Marvel tossed everyone at it because EVENTS LOL
>>
>>88717417
Yeah Axis was supposed to be just an Avengers thing I think.
>>
>>88717417
>>88717468
I liked Axis
>>
>>88717522
Axis wasn't nearly as bad as some of the other ones, but it was more cluttered than I would have liked

That said, Carnage-man and the Hobgoblin side comics were terrific
>>
File: Axis Doctor Strange.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
Axis Doctor Strange.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
>>88717522
Theres a lot to like
>>
>>88715022
on top of the ones added, I dug Messiah CompleX and Blackest Night. Blackest night is one of the most underrated "Events". The Nekron Reveal has some of the best panel-as-camera-lens use I've ever seen.
>>
>>88714102
>Ulysses goes off to space or some shit.

And Carol doesn't try to stop him?

Doesn't losing him completely destroy her whole predictive justice bullshit?
>>
>>88717256
Fear Itself, Original Sin and Civil War II are shitty stories but are almost inconsequential. Disassembled, House of M and Civil War are all infinitely worse. All of them are not only bad stories but the overall effect they've had on Marvel for the last 10+ years (turning Bendis into The Guy and the utter ruination of Scarlet Witch, completely gutting the X-Men and popularizing hero vs. hero and everyone's an asshole as the status quo for most stories and events) was like injecting multiple forms of cancer into the comics.
>>
>>88718108
Also same fagging but with Fear Itself I can't help but constantly think of it as the modern Atlantis Attacks. Both complete garbage, both involving the corruption (or attempted corruption) of seven characters. Both involve a serpent god. Both involve Thor saving the day. Both are shit.
>>
>>88717187
>The Serpent is now living in New Asgard

When you're a god you can get away with anything
>>
>>88717986
wow you mean there's a plot hole in Civil War 2?
>>
>>88715022
Crisis on Infinite Earths, Final Crisis, and depending on opinion Infinite Crisis.
>>
>>88717943
Blackest Night is utter shit and the biggest example I can think of of Johns being a guy who, at his worst, writes moments and not stories. Every issue of Blackest Night exists to give the reader some kind of "oh shiiiiiit...!" fanboy hype moment that, within a few pages of the next issue, becomes utterly inconsequential to the story. The Black Lanterns are a good one: there's all this build up to them, they show up at the end of the first issue and... that's really it. They're not developed any more beyond that and just become scene filler. Then oh shit it's Nekron and OH GOD ALL THE DEAD CHARACTERS THAT WERE RESURRECTED ARE BLACK LANTERNS OH SHIT BLACK LANTERN SUPERMAN... wait nothing happens with that either. Oh shit check it, Flash and Atom and Luthor and Scarecrow and the like are getting Lantern rin--oh, okay that's done. Then the event ends.
>>
>>88715022
I just honestly hate events. Creatively bankrupt trash, almost all of them.
>>
>>88715022
Crisis on Infinite Earths, Infinite Crisis, and Final Crisis.

>>88718386
Superboy Prime being imprisoned and revealed in Johns run as still being there was fucking awesome, you know he's gonna come back and fuck things up and how Johns used him again in SCW was so cool.

>>88718425
Yeah, it had the most solid set of tie-ins IMO, nearly every tie-in was gold. Even so it was still pretty memorable but not as good as Sinestro Corps War. I mean for one thing, their Deus Ex Machina didn't even came from the main book, it was from the Titans Tie-In
>>
>>88718598
I will say, even though I'm not a Johns fan at all, that in all fairness to him Blackest Night suffered the same problem something like Fear Itself and Axis did where it was supposed to be limited to a small corner (the Green Lantern books in this case) but it's popularity--and in this case blowing out the "bigger" Countdown in that regard--caused DC to change Blackest Night into a company-wide event. Going beyond the original scope, just like Fear Itself and Axis, wound up hurting the story a lot.
>>
>>88714102
So how long before they take Tony out of the coma any bets?
>>
>>88718796
Steve puts his body down for good during the opening of Hydra-event.
>>
>>88718796
when riri sales aren't what they expect so issue 6
>>
>>88717092
Yeah, back when it was out. Now I look more fondly at Fear Itself when comparing it to Civil War II. That doesn't mean I think it's good, though.
>>
>>88715022
Standoff that was good
>>
>>88714102
>coma
Didn't even have the balls to kill him off Marvel? Not that he'd stay dead anyways. How does the story bode for Captain Hydra?
>>
>>88718953
Still has his AI mind he can put into a clone body or a suit of armor.
>>
File: duke_dies_gijoethemovie.jpg (51KB, 793x593px) Image search: [Google]
duke_dies_gijoethemovie.jpg
51KB, 793x593px
>>88714102
>Carol puts Tony in a coma.

Sure, just like how Serpentor put Duke into a "coma"

This is the "better ending" that Bendis came up with, isn't it?
>>
>>88714128
The first issue was spoiled like four months early.
>>
>>88719922
And with this ending, it's pretty much a guarantee...

Shame... Even if she had a competent writer, Riri never had a chance
>>
>>88717232
>The whole thing just had no meaning or weight to it.

That's exactly what I felt about Fear Itself. There were a bunch of these moments that were supposed to come off cool, like Captain America using Thor's hammer, and all that, but they came off empty.
>>
>>88717986
Well, she could always turn to the 100 or so pre-existing precogs in the Marvel Universe and oh dear... I just pointed out why this whole event was doomed from the start, didn't I?
>>
>>88718425
Now that I think of it, Blackest Night, Brightest Day, and Flash Rebirth were the weakest of Johns' work to me. But the strange thing is that even though I have similar issues like yours I find them better than a lot of Marvel events since Disassembled. Like I don't want to read any of the above Johns books again, but if I had to choose between reading Blackest Night and Fear Itself, I'd rather read Blackest Night.
>>
>>88714102
Just like real life
>>
File: doyoufearwhatyouvebecome_02.jpg (102KB, 619x950px) Image search: [Google]
doyoufearwhatyouvebecome_02.jpg
102KB, 619x950px
>>88717256
>that Preptimeclops
>that ADAM MOTHERFUCKING X
>that Colossus Juggernaut
It was shit, but I liked X-part of it.
>>
>>88718108
I'm really debating that, because I don't think "influenced a legion of bad comics" is enough to say a comic is bad. Otherwise we'd be considering Watchmen as the "worst" comic. I think Disassembled is definitely worse for the reason you said and also because it was a really poorly written comic on top of it. House of M is probably the "best" written event Bendis has done so I would rather read that over Civil War II, Disassembled, or Age of Ultron. Maybe over Siege, but I haven't decided on that. But then again I'd rather read Johns' worst event comics over House of M.

Civil War 1 was terrible and had bad ramifications, but in retrospect it was a better event than like 90% of the events Marvel has done since then. Even with its glaring flaws. I mean I was right up there with people criticizing Millar's faults on this book and other books around the time like Unfunnies or whatever, but the times when people tried to imitate Millar in some way (like Loeb with Ultimates 3 or Ultimatum or Bendis and the others with AvX and Civil War II) they unintentionally make pretty fucking clear Millar really does have some kind of better skill than them by comparison. I can't tell if that means Millar is a better writer than we give him credit for or the other writers are worse writers than Millar, either way that's fucking scary.
>>
>>88714846
>Ads for future comics.

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST IT REALLY IS AGE OF ULTRON ALL FUCKING OVER AGAIN
>>
>>88714181
visions of possible futures
supposedly alan davis for that guardians comic he's doing, bagley for the new scarlet spider series with PAD, ribic for FF
>>
>>88720577
> bagley on scarlet spider
I don't care if the book's about Kaine or Ben, that still sounds lame.
>>
>>88715198
Every Marvel cosmic event from Annihilation to Thanos Imperative ended awesomely. Fuck off with your bias.
>>
>>88714102

CW2's tie in comics made the event itself look really stupid.

>Spider-Man: Let's follow the guy and stop him right before he commits the crime so he can't argue that he wasn't going to do it.

>Ms. Marvel: Is it really ok to stop a guy who stole a tank and rampaged through the city because of a premonition?

>Nova and LC-IF: I should not get involved in this unnecessary drama. they do.
>>
>>88721286
>Scarlet Witch: Tony and I literally built and used a future-telling prediction machine in the 90s and future predictions is nothing new to magic. Hero fights are also retarded.
>>
>>88721286
>PM&IF: You thinking about busting your wrongfully arrested friend out of jail? I have to stop you (by literally throwing you through the very prison you're trying to break into)
>>
storytime when?
>>
>>88720530
>the times when people tried to imitate Millar in some way (like Loeb with Ultimates 3 or Ultimatum or Bendis and the others with AvX and Civil War II) they unintentionally make pretty fucking clear Millar really does have some kind of better skill than them by comparison. I can't tell if that means Millar is a better writer than we give him credit for or the other writers are worse writers than Millar, either way that's fucking scary.

It's the bullet point sydrome. Millar's work might be shit, but when you try to imitate it without really understanding how and what makes it work ("uhhh... it's edgy and heroes are assholes, I guess") the end result is much much worse.

Look at CoD. Those games might be awful, but they still work as a cheap entertainment. But when other developers tried to imitate it (MoH reboot, Battlefield campaigns, Halo 4's MP) it ended up absolutely atrocitous.

There's skill involved even in creating garbage. And that skill makes all the difference between something that might still be enjoyable on its own terms and something that is completely unredeemable.
>>
>>88721521

Millar is an extreme pushed to be moderate. You can read his marvel work compared to his free reign stuff and see they really held him back.

Bendis and Loeb don't reach that edge level Millar is on.
>>
>>88721521
>>88721617
>Bendis and Loeb don't reach that edge level Millar is on.

In Loeb's case, he got more unsubtle than Millar. Millar implied Hulk ate people (usually through dialogue) and the most he showed was Hulk eating the Chituari leader, and even that wasn't explicitly shown. But in Ultimatum we actually see the Blog eat Wasp and Hank bite Blob's head off.

Sure that could just be editorial stepping in to stop Millar, and not Loeb. but with Wanted, I think the most disturbing was finding out Solomon Seltzer got served up like a roast chicken and Rictus was eating him, but we don't actually dwell too long on the panels. We see Rictus holding a fork with a piece, but that's how we make the association. Most of the explicit stuff that's shown is just Wesley or someone else killing people the regular way and it's not too far from Ultimates.

A similar thing with Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch's relationship in the Ultimate Universe: The only time Millar was ever explicit about it was when he was doing interviews. Loeb's take in Ultimates 3 has Wasp outright supporting their relationship and Cap objecting because QS and SW are brother and sister.

Civil War comparing with Civil War II has less to do with Millar's tendency for edgy shock and more about Millar's ability to craft a story compared to the other two.

I guess in AvX's case it would be about comparing how Millar makes characters assholes with the Architects writers making characters assholes.
>>
>>88721331
Tony doesn't remember Force Works like the most people
>>
File: xBT88cK.jpg (146KB, 704x1080px) Image search: [Google]
xBT88cK.jpg
146KB, 704x1080px
>incredible grace
>>
>>88722087
>Blacked out Obama
RACIST.
>>
>>88722087
STORYTIME WHEN?
>>
>>88716632
Crisp Rat happened.
>>
>>88722087
>What is the fallout?
Other than Tony's "death" and Clint being a pariah, I'd say that there is no fallout whatsoever.
>>
>>88722157
Just wait for blacked out Trump
>>
>>88722230
Will blacked out Trump speak like a generic President character or will he use the best words?
>>
File: aPwToyQ.jpg (156KB, 1055x872px) Image search: [Google]
aPwToyQ.jpg
156KB, 1055x872px
I don't think that's what being a Futurist means
>>
>>88722293
WHERE DID YOU GET THIS?
STORYTIME IT
>>
>>88722293
is this from the last issue? where I can read it? google isn't helping me
>>
>>88722327
It's up on Marvel Comics online reader. I have it on my iPad.
>>
File: zghhmfA.jpg (281KB, 1408x1080px) Image search: [Google]
zghhmfA.jpg
281KB, 1408x1080px
>>
File: XJwalPD.jpg (132KB, 702x1080px) Image search: [Google]
XJwalPD.jpg
132KB, 702x1080px
>>
>>88722258
Remember when Stark was SoD under George Bush? Maybe Marvel will stay professional.
>>
>>88722339
>barely anything happened as a consequence
>>
>>88722358
Just as I thought, and really it's for the best, makes it easier to ignore.
>>
>>88722343
Carol literally started all this shit, she got Rhodey killed, she created a squad of superpowered fascists to make people disappear, she said anyone who disagreed with her was basically a terrorist, why the fuck does she come out victorious at the end of it?

At least Tony regretted how the first Civil War ended.
>>
>>88722339
>Daredevil, Iron Fist, Luke and Jessica
IT'S OFFICIAL. BENDIS IS DOING DEFENDERS.
>>
>>88722393
>she got Rhodey killed
THANOS killed Rhodey, blaming Carol or Ulysses for it is stupid.
>>
>>88722343
>I need to be louder, angrier, and have access to a time machine
>>
If you use it bad, its your fault.
>>
>>88722393
>why the fuck does she come out victorious at the end of it?
because this is all part of Captain Hydra's keikaku
>>
>event called Civil War
>Captain America isn't even involved
>>
>>88722435
>Hydra agent
>american
>>
>>88722339
So no consequences that matter, got it.
>>
File: 2b.webm (3MB, 588x720px) Image search: [Google]
2b.webm
3MB, 588x720px
I never thought I would unironically hate Bendis, but I do. He got me into comics, only fair he'd get me out.

Permanently burnt out from all this bullshit.
>>
>>88722406
She got Banner killed for bringing a bunch of heroes to his door step and getting him angry enough to the point where he was about to go Hulk and Hawkeye had to put him down.
>>
>>88722685
You just said that Clint killed Banner, it wasn't Carol. And it has in fact been established that he wasn't going to Hulk out after all.
>>
>>88722713
Where was that established? And maybe if she didn't bring a bunch of heroes to his door including Hawkeye maybe Banner would still be alive.
>>
>>88722895
It was established in Cho's book as well as at Clint's trial. Stark and Carol both agreed to bringing a bunch of heroes. But that's not the point, the point is that Carol did not intend to kill Banner, it was all Clint, Carol had no way of knowing that Clint would do that.
>>
>>88722343post moar, plz.
>>
>>88722932
>I'm a fascist
>But the results of my fascism aren't my fault
>>
>>88714233
>it was 2 drunks fighting who dragged others into this shitshow
What a good Ennis comic this could have been.
>>
>>88722353
>modern marvel
>professional

we'll get Captain Falcon punching Trump and Captain Hydra.
>>
>>88722339
these wounds they do not heaaaaal
fear is how I fall, confusing what is reeeall, who ho
>>
>>88714499
>Was any other character involved in the plot at all?
Nope, just look at what characters are listed in the recap page of issue 7.
>>
File: 1482445033563.jpg (24KB, 253x301px) Image search: [Google]
1482445033563.jpg
24KB, 253x301px
>>88714757
>>
File: rip tone.jpg (674KB, 1119x2143px) Image search: [Google]
rip tone.jpg
674KB, 1119x2143px
they actually did it

they actually gave her a medal
>>
>>88722397
Only in name surely. I don't expect it to have anything to do with any other Defenders comic. Though I do expect it to be worse that Fearless.
>>
>>88723331
It'll have everything to do with the Netflix Defenders TV show though.
>>
File: 1460870550407.png (4KB, 164x202px) Image search: [Google]
1460870550407.png
4KB, 164x202px
>>88722406
No. fuck you. She was the one leading that entire raid, she was the one dumb enough to not leave behind anyone that wasn't a heavy hitter out of it. The blame goes entirely to her, as with everyone else that died in this dumpster fire of an event.
>>
>>88722554
What vidya is this?
>>
>>88722406
And Idie killed Hellfire goons but it was Rightclops's fault.
>>
>>88722339
>Captains America shadow looks like a giant dickhead
SYMBOLISM
>>
>>88722339
What's Triton doing there? He was kicked out for destroying Stark Tower and allying with Maximus against Medusa's wishes.
>>
>>88722334
And now post what happened in the pages not drawn by Marquez faggot.
>>
>>88723402
nier automata
>>
Did it get delayed again
Wasn't the leaks from this time last year
>>
>>88723321

She killed Stark, I'd make her President Of The Universe ffs.
>>
>>88714102
The event was pretty much to cash in on the new movie.

No wonder Marvel Studios want nothing to do with Marvel Entertainment.
>>
>>88723704
Hell, this practically feels like revenge from Ike to Fiege for cutting out his precious Inhumans from the main movie-verse...

"Shitcanning my Inhumans to TV, huh? Well, I'm gonna greenlight a comic where your big female lead acts like a total fascist and nearly murders RDJ! How do you like THAT?!"
>>
How would Superior Tony stand for murderCarol's bullshit anyway?
>>
>>88723585
Tyres.
>>
>>88722343

So Carol is the ultimate traitor and turned in all her credibility as a hero for political power? Under a better writer and actually making her into a villain this might have been a good twist.
>>
>>88722339
Benis Defenders book preview?
>>
File: GR47_17.jpg (31KB, 175x249px) Image search: [Google]
GR47_17.jpg
31KB, 175x249px
>>88722343
u da man carl
>>
>>88723316
motherfucker
>>
Storytimers and rippers BTFO:
>Monsters Unleashed
>The Miles and Captain Hydra reprise: White House Down Edition
>Miles hopelessly watches Sentinels vs. Everyone
>IvX with Sam Loeb interfering
>Age of Ultron 2
>Martian Invasion
>Esad Ribic draws Thor again... probably a callback to the artist's Thor run?
>>
File: 1453340447848.png (52KB, 346x360px) Image search: [Google]
1453340447848.png
52KB, 346x360px
>>88724169
>Age of Ultron 2
>>
STORYTIME: >>88724176
>>
>>88723321
Appreciate the idea. But can we get a cleaner version of this?
>>
File: raccoon.jpg (210KB, 407x1442px) Image search: [Google]
raccoon.jpg
210KB, 407x1442px
>>88722339
So did he ever explained why Kitty and Groot left Quill. Because the reasons why Gamora and Drax left doesn't apply to them.

As a matter of fact the same reasons doesn't apply to Rocket either as we can see on this pic related Bendis written panel.
>>
File: Monkey_Bob.jpg (47KB, 445x604px) Image search: [Google]
Monkey_Bob.jpg
47KB, 445x604px
>>88724188
>>
File: ENOUGH!.gif (2MB, 500x321px) Image search: [Google]
ENOUGH!.gif
2MB, 500x321px
>>88720646
>I don't care if the book's about Kaine or Ben, that still sounds lame.

They will kill of Ben and Kaine and make Miles the new Scarlet Spider.
>>
PROLOGUE: >>88718027
>>
>>88722353
>Remember when Stark was SoD under George Bush? Maybe Marvel will stay professional.

treat Trump professionally? lolno. not unless Perlmutter personally mandates that they treat his buddy nice.
>>
>>88723356
>She was the one leading that entire raid, she was the one dumb enough to not leave behind anyone that wasn't a heavy hitter out of it.
No, Monica was.
>>
>>88724186
Is Bendis going to write that too?
>>
>>88715022
Annihilation
Annihilation: Conquest
War of Kings
Thanos Imperative
X-Men: Messiah Complex & Second Coming
Death of X
Avengers: Standoff
House of M
Secret Wars (original)
Everything Dies (ending with Stark and Rogers duking it out in the street as the world burns around them was epic)
Secret Wars (new; story lagged but the ending was dope)

Just what I can name off the top of my head
>>
>>88723356
So what's the alternative? Let Thanos go wild for shits and giggles?
>>
>>88728185
>Death of X
Fuck no.

>House of M
Eh. Will say that it's the strongest of all the events Bendis wrote, though.

>Everything Dies (ending with Stark and Rogers duking it out in the street as the world burns around them was epic)
Fuck no.

Everything I generally I agree with or haven't read (Messiah Complex and Second Coming).
>>
File: wv8Z7G7.jpg (91KB, 400x599px) Image search: [Google]
wv8Z7G7.jpg
91KB, 400x599px
>>88722343
can we finally have him come back to slap Carols shit up?
>>
>>88728919
For what? She did nothing wrong.
>>
>>88720541
Ironically, Age of Ultron was one of the pages.
>>
>>88728919
He came back just to congratulate her on a job well done.
Honestly she didn't do anything Mar-Vell's kids wouldn't have.
>>
>>88723674
Unlike Carol, Stark is useful once in awhile for stuff that doesn't involve punching an asteroid.

This is no victory; Carol has just denied the Avengers one of their biggest assets in any doomsday scenario.
>>
>>88729497
She did one thing right, and used that as a basis enact a system for preventative pre-emptive arrests that have been proven time and time again to be unreliable.

She fucked up hard.
>>
>>88723868
With Bendis as his tool.
>>
How's the shitstorm on Bendis Twitter?
>>
>>88733128
https://twitter.com/BRIANMBENDIS/status/813976667756564481

https://twitter.com/stephentotilo/status/814206182441238529
https://twitter.com/KickAssTakeNaps/status/814198026432561152
https://twitter.com/SlimeDude2404/status/814166014678036480
https://twitter.com/uncannyinhumans/status/814211575016017920
https://twitter.com/megaloltaku/status/814216156999393280
https://twitter.com/InGeekWeTrust/status/814218565452779520
https://twitter.com/hEnereyG/status/814161051478429696
https://twitter.com/samsaBEAR/status/814156902682787840
https://twitter.com/Mitch692/status/814138225786843136
https://twitter.com/OneComicPage/status/814121044860661760

Not as bad as I thought it'd be though obviously there's a lot of angry or disappointed tweets so far.
>>
The event only exists because Bendis wrote Carol and Tony like strawman one-dimensional assholes. Ulysses' actual power is inoffensive as fuck if used right but Bendis had to make Tony and Carol get stuck in "ULYSSES' POWERS ARE AGAINST THE LAW OF NATURE" and "ULYSSES' VISIONS ARE THE LAW".
Thread posts: 170
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.