[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Matt Angel cast as George Lucas in "Legends of Tomorrow"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 3

>“Because of circumstances, the time aberration in episode 209 is George Lucas quits film school. As a result, he never makes Star Wars or Raiders of the Lost Ark. As a result, Ray, who became an engineer because of Star Wars, and Nate, who became a historian because of Raiders, slowly start to lose their brilliance, because those things that inspired them to become who they are didn’t exist.”
>>
>>88708622
How do they get a way with this stuff without Disney suing them?
>>
P O T T E R Y
>>
>>88709357
Disney doesn't own George Lucas.
>>
>>88709404
Yes, but they do own Star Wars. So why would WB be allowed to mention it?
>>
>>88709420
they don't own popular culture. You're allowed to mention that movies and products exist in your fiction even if they're copyrighted.
>>
I just hate that they're bringing Rip Hunter back
>>
>>88709357
Do you think studios get sued evertytime someone makes a funny quip or reference to popular culture?
>>
>>88709541
That's a goddamn shame, he made me drop season 1 halfway through because of the actor, and I was thinking about maybe jumping back into season 2, but not if he's coming back.
>>
>>88708622
I like that they overtime realized the value of Ray and Nate broing it up and now they're basically the CW version of Blue and Gold. If Nate gets written out next season I will riot.
>>
>>88708622
That's a pretty funny way to do that kind of story.
>>
>>88709420
They've made Star Wars references on The Flash COUNTLESS times. They're safe.
>>
>>88708622
but george lucas is a hyper manlet
>>
>>88709570
Hopefully it's just for a couple episodes, Season 2 has proven the show doesn't need him at all.
>>
File: Colbert Hype.gif (1MB, 250x187px) Image search: [Google]
Colbert Hype.gif
1MB, 250x187px
>>88708622
We are approaching critical Berlanti lads
>>
what a weird story
>>
>>88708622
This is the kind of crazy shit LoT should do more of.
>>
>>88709584

>Blue and Silver

I think it's a fun dynamic.
>>
>>88708622
>Smart people are only smart because of pleb shit like pop culture
I like star wars and indy as much as the next guy but this is next level cancer and pandering.
>>
>>88710036
Hey man, cell phones got invented because of Star Trek
>>
>>88710070
No, cell phones got invented because of convenience, practicality and profit.
Just because something is mentioned as an idea before it is actually invented does not mean that thing was invented because someone else mentioned the idea in work of fiction.
Classic case of confirmation bias. Look at all the shit in fiction that doesn't exist.
>>
>>88710036
>wow these guys were inspired by art
>what plebs
>>
File: legends of.jpg (116KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
legends of.jpg
116KB, 900x675px
>>88710036
Why? It's exactly what Doctor Who does.
>>
>>88710114
The dude who created the first cell phone literally cited Star Trek as an inspiration
>>
>>88710164
>It's exactly what Doctor Who does.
Wow. What a compelling argument for it not being pleb cancer.
>>88710199
Yes, and how interesting it is that mobile communications devices existed long before star trek.
>>
>>88710366
>What a compelling argument for it not being pleb cancer.
You're complaining about chocolate milk tasting like chocolate milk, autismo.

The show is doing what the show is meant to do, you don't like it, fine, but complaining about it just makes you a salty retard.
>>
>>88710366
>mobile communications devices
What, like carrier pigeons? This isn't a matter of opinion, the modern cell phone is inspired by Star Trek, according to its creator
>>
>>88710504
>the modern cell phone
And at what point did the cell phone become modern?
>>88710479
>he said, complaining about complaining
I think your tears are salty enough for the both of us, sport. :^)
>>
>>88710585
The first handheld mobile telephone was created in 1973
>>
>>88710585
You're not complaining about complaining and neither am I. I'm schooling your ass on a subject and pointing out in a clear, easy to understand way why your bitching is wrong, ace.
>>
Lots of Mitsubishi engineers got into engineering because they saw Gundam and loved it. I got into robotics because I got into medabots as a kid. That's just how it works. We have to be inspired.
>>
>>88708622
>George Lucas quits film school. As a result, he never makes Star Wars or Raiders of the Lost Ark
BEST. REALITY. EVER.
>>
>>88710870
You realize that would mean no Hamill Joker right?
>>
>>88711306
WORST. REALITY. EVER
>>
>>88708622
honestly i kind of like this idea, if only because it makes the story more personal. the time aberration thing seems to make the most impact when it actually affects the characters themselves. LOT isn't good for the plot, but for the characters excluding hawks and vandal
>>
>>88709420
Because literally anyone can mention it. I mean, fuck, it's Star Wars. It's a cultural standpoint. Referencing the existence of the film is fair use.

They'd only run into trouble if they wanted to show footage of Star Wars films or literally have Star Wars characters show up in the show.
>>
>>88710036
There's a difference between intelligence and inspiration. I think the point here is that, as kids, they saw these films and thought 'hey, this shit interests me'. So that set them on the path of life that led to them actually studying their crafts.

It makes sense to me.
>>
>>88710036
>Ray, who became an engineer because of Star Wars, and Nate, who became a historian because of Raiders
>Smart people are only smart because of pleb shit like pop culture
Reading comprehension is hard
>>
>>88710164
Wish Ray just wore a regular shrinking suit rather than 2nd rate Iron Man armor.
>>
>>88710114

Or the fact that 50 years of sci fi never really saw the internet as a thing.
>>
>>88708622
When I saw the thread topic, I was racking my brain trying to think what hero/villain George Lucas is in the DC continuity. I feel stupid.
>>
>>88711722
Just like how Aunt May mentioned Superman in Raimiman 1
>>
>>88709420
>>88709357
disney is not nintendo.
>>
>>88710366
>pleb
Oh hey, thanks for reminding me to update my filters.
>>
>>88709420
Why not? Spider Man 2 mentions Superman. Did WB/DC sue the shit out of Sony for that?
>>
>>88709800
The reason he left in the first place is because the actor was filming another show now that he's done with that he's back so I don't count on it being a few episodes.
>>
>>88713247
No. Because WB was knee-deep in shit from from Schumacher at the time and they hadn't done a Superman movie since Quest For Peace. And they holding their breaths while shooting Batman Begins that they hoped would succeed. They had no stones to throw.
>>
>>88709404
Yes they do.
>>
>>88709420

Because that suit would get thrown out of court and everyone knows it. Big studios don't automatically win every case and if they can't prove their copyright was actually violated they could waste millions of dollars for their trouble. It's even worse when it's another big studio because they won't just bow to the threat and you'd have an actual fight on your hands, and you bet your ass if a studio could bait it's rivals into an expensive mistake they'd do it in a heartbeat.

Provided you don't actually show any of the material onscreen you're usually ok. Because the material is what's copywritten, not the concept of it's existance.
>>
>>88709404
4 Billion dollars says otherwise.
>>
>>88708622
>a timeline where Starwars never happened
I want to go there
>>
>>88710164

I still can't get over how awful the atom suit looks.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.