[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I think it's time we say goodbye.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 8

File: IMG_9284.jpg (132KB, 640x639px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9284.jpg
132KB, 640x639px
I think it's time we say goodbye.
>>
>>88702781
Y'know, this "finale GotG story" is lasting a fucking year, right? The new run won't start until next fall's relaunch.
>>
>>88702781
And good riddance.
>>
>Bendis is leaving a shit franchise to possibly ruin a worthwhile one.
Yay?
>>
>>88702826
It's probably going to be followed up with Annihilation 2, as well.
>>
File: Civil-War-II_1f.jpg (1MB, 2063x3131px) Image search: [Google]
Civil-War-II_1f.jpg
1MB, 2063x3131px
>>88702781
Now he can devote all attention to ruining Kamala Khan
>>
I still am beyond stunned that Bendis has no imagination and the way he ends his run is "Now they are all stuck on Earth! Isn't it wacky to see the GOTG interact with humans?!"
>>
>>88702781
Guess Bendis is all bitter because the upcoming GoTG2 film has fucked up his shipping Starlord with his waifu Kitty
>>
>>88702896
How do you even pull a "stuck on Earth" story in fucking Marvel comics?

I know Bendis is a hack but that's so absurdly unfeasible that i can't picture him actually trying to bullshit his way into achieving that.
>>
>>88703030
The "bullshit" to justify it is some ambiguous combination of:
>no one will lend them a ship because everyone hates them
>they're cosmic snobs and refuse to use a ship that doesn't meet their standards
>they can't leave until they're all together and everyone separated and went their own ways with no way to contact each other
>>
File: yellowlantern.jpg (87KB, 320x480px)
yellowlantern.jpg
87KB, 320x480px
>>88702854
>Annihilation 2
>>
>>88702938
It was Humphries that shipped them together. Bendis just wanted her on the Guardians, not necessarily as Peter's girlfriend/fiancee. The second Humphries left, Bendis went scorched Earth on the ship.
>>
>>88703121
Annihilation II was almost a guarantee, but with how CWII turned out, hopefully editorial ends up vetoing it. I mean, it's still going to happen, but it won't necessarily be called Annihilation II now.

Guardians coming back together to defend Earth from Annihilus and the Brood is still going to happen.
>>
>Gamora looking decent
>Nova looking really good
>Star-Lord looking a bit better now

Are things finally starting to look up now? Can they please put someone good on Guardians after Bendis?
>>
>>88702781
>lol what if we take a cosmic team and put them on earth so quill can fug kitty more
>>
>>88702781
Shit. Now he might be on something I like.
>>
>>88703254
>Can they please put someone good on Guardians after Bendis?
Drawing only from people currently working for Marvel, who would you want?

Hard Mode: No Ewing.
>>
>>88703305
He'll be on either Defenders or Fantastic Four and you know it.
>>
>>88702852
>worthwhile franchise
>NuMarvel
Pick one.
>>
>>88703377
I'm fine with FF but if he's on Netflix Defenders instead of Ewing I will... well ill be very disappointed.
>>
>>88703428
>I'm fine with FF but if he's on Netflix Defenders instead of Ewing I will... well ill be very disappointed.
Hello Bizarro-Me.
>>
File: image.jpg (68KB, 424x600px)
image.jpg
68KB, 424x600px
>>88703377
>MCU defenders by Bendis

Bunn defenders book was better and it was a tie in of fear itself
>>
>>88702781
>Pete still wearing that lame fucking trenchcoat
>Despite only wearing it for ONE SCENE in the movie
>Has become his seemingly permanent 'costume' despite being stupid as fuck and not at all iconic
Sigh.
>>
>>88703373
...Did Hickman leave Marvel? Can we get him on Guardians?
>>
>>88703493
>...Did Hickman leave Marvel?
Yes. He said he'd go back at some point but he was too burned out after Secret Wars to do anymore Marvel work so he's focusing on his creator owned books. And considering he's launched like 3 new books since then, he'll probably stick with those until they stop being profitable.
>>
File: starlord002-mask-193369.jpg (152KB, 655x993px) Image search: [Google]
starlord002-mask-193369.jpg
152KB, 655x993px
>>88703491
Despite that being what he's wearing on that cover, pic related is actually his costume for the duration of the Grounded arc.
>>
>>88703531
Oh!
Hm.
I don't know how I feel about that.
I don't feel immediately bad, though.
So that's something.
>>
>>88703531
Looks like such a Kris Anka costume.
>>
>>88703373
I'd nominate Hastings, purely because I think he could actually do the sort of comedy that would suit Guardians well. He'd need a good editor willing to slap him down, though.
>>
>>88703584
>GotG as a cheap webcomic
Just when you thought it couldn't get worse...
>>
>>88703377
The way that Bendis writes Thing is surreal. It's rare that you see a big time comic writer understand a major classic character so little.
>>
>BMB: I think, hopefully, people will respond to it the same way they're responding to my X-Men run, which is the entire time I was on X-Men, they were screaming, “You need to get off X-Men,” then the minute I stopped, people are like, "You should go back to X-Men." That's what I'm thinking will happen. I do see a lot of similarity between the Guardians of the Galaxy fans and X-Men fans, where they're right to be worried, they're right to be paranoid, I get where they're coming from, but when the dust settles, they see that a lot of love and care was being brought to the book, though I may not have been imitating DNA [Dan Abnett and Andy Lanning]. They're like, "Write it like DNA". That's insulting to them, to imitate them. That's not what I do, that's not what they do. That's not how this should go. They'll see that my love for what DNA built was expressed subtlely by not imitating that much. My love for Daredevil was not expressed through imitating Frank Miller. That would be the worst thing I could do. I'm using the same respect for DNA that I have for Frank Miller in how I approach the Guardians, which is to do my own thing and at the same time, be very aware of what they built and how special it is.
>>
>>88703531
The white makes it look shit and always did on the old suit, don't know why they'd redesign a pre-recolour version of that suit.
>>
>>88703626
>I can't be arsed to learn to write from these good writers, so I'll keep doing everything in the same shit way, whether you like it or now
>>
>>88703644
Red/Black are the Guardians' colors. White/Blue are Star-Lord's colors. The Guardians disbanded as part of Grounded so he's using the Star-Lord colors instead of the Guardians colors.
>>
>>88703626
The people that wanted him off X-men where not the same people who wanted him back on.

I swear the more time he spends on twitter the more he sees everyone as an amophesis blob to support his own self narrative of the world.
>>
>>88703626
He's got a point. The problem is that "Bendis' take" is fucking garbage.
>>
>>88703626
>the minute I stopped, people are like, "You should go back to X-Men."
I'll take "things that never happened" for 1000, Alex.
>>
>>88703373
Walker
Coates
Cloonan

>>88703421
Runaways.

>>88703519
Isn't he doing that one book where Jews drink blood to control banks with black magic?
>>
>>88702841
This, Bendis doesn't know how to write GotG for jack shit.

I hate Kitty Pryde even more now from this.
>>
>>88703667
I never needed an interview to gather that this was his general stance on things.
>>
>>88704008
>Isn't he doing that one book where Jews drink blood to control banks with black magic?
Yes. It's pretty good.
>>
>>88703626
>the entire time I was on X-Men, they were screaming, “You need to get off X-Men,” then the minute I stopped, people are like, "You should go back to X-Men."
That's just saying how bad X-books became since he left.

>>88704753
Out of curiosity, anyone tried to storytime it on /pol/
>>
>>88702781
PAESIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
CHE NON HO MAIIIIIIIIIIIIII
>>
>>88703626
What is Bendis implying? He's directly responsible for killing X-men and Guardians. Congratulations I guess you did something not even chuck austin could do.

Disney's inevitable restructuring of Marvel can't come any time sooner.
>>
>>88703099
>>they're cosmic snobs and refuse to use a ship that doesn't meet their standards
...why not use a ship to get to another planet where they can get a better ship?
>>
>>88702781
did some feminist bully him again? or what
>>
Bendis' Thunderbolts incoming
>>
>>88705540
Because bendis brain hurt too much, come up with decent contrivance hard.
>>
>>88702781
FINALLY.

I HOPE STAN FEEDS ON HIM NEXT.
>>
>>88705540
I hate Bendis even more than the next guy but is it really too much to assume that they just haven't found a way off-world yet? I don't know what's happening with everyone else but Quill was apparently impounded by Brand and SWORD. So I don't think it's as simple as "lol we could leave but we don't want to."

I think this one of those times where everybody hates something conceptually to the point that they refuse to give it any narrative leeway. Not that Benis deserve anything better, mind.
>>
>>88703428
I mean, on one hand, his Daredevil run was really good. But on the other hand, Jessica Jones and Luke Cage are his waifu's, and I don't know how he feels about Danny. Maybe he'd finally remember that Danny got a power up from Agamotto and do something with that? Or am I the only one who remembers?
>>
>>88702872
someone change that picture of Carol to one of Bendis.

>>88702826
It's crawling threw the tube of shit in Shawshank
>>
>>88702781
Reminder that Bendis was put on GOTG in the first place because of the upcoming GOTG movie.

Thunderbolts will be a movie when disney makes their announcement for the next batch of marvel movies.
Defenders got season one coming up and his pet character and husbando would be in the book.
>>
>>88703373
Loveness and Perez, the writers on Nova.
>>
File: benis.gif (1MB, 419x237px) Image search: [Google]
benis.gif
1MB, 419x237px
next stop, Fantastic Four! ',:^)
>>
File: image.jpg (114KB, 800x1037px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
114KB, 800x1037px
Are there actual living human (not alien) beings that enjoy Benis' work?
>>
>>88702872
as some one who completely stopped following marvel years ago can you tell me how is Civil war 2?
>>
>>88707736
It's like Civil War one but somehow worse in every single conceivable aspect, it doesn't even have any hype moments or cool scenes, it's just contrived, boring and devoid of any sort of good qualities.
>>
>>88707736
At least Civil War earned the word war in its title

CW2 is nothing but decompressed Bendis-speak talking scenes with nothing actually noteworthy being revealed as the dramatic reveals for the issues.
>>
>>88707579
I like his first New Avengers run, but that's probably cause it was one of my first reads and I feel somewhat nostalgic about it.
>>
>>88702854
>>88703121
>>88703138
>Annihilation 2
Don't you mean Annihilation 3?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1tyYjR0KLc
>>
>>88703726
The beauty of the internet, mate
>>
>>88703626
>>88703925
The people that wanted him to go back to X-men were the fans of the book he took over.
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.