[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Batman Duke Thomas 2017 : Duke Thomas is cancer.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 4

Batman Duke Thomas 2017 :
Duke Thomas is cancer.
>>
Blackman.
>>
File: image.jpg (661KB, 1000x1537px)
image.jpg
661KB, 1000x1537px
How would you fix Duke anons.Id make him get pissed off batman let's his parents torturer walk free and join the red good as the new Scarlet since the old one doesn't exist/is missing
>>
Red hood*
>>
I forgot Duke existed to be honest.
>>
File: image.jpg (192KB, 1000x666px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
192KB, 1000x666px
>>88702469
Tfw Snyder wants to give the one guy more boring than Tim drake a book before Tim drake
>>
>>88702469
The only thing I can really say about Duke is that at least he's not Harper Row, though Tynion is aiming to bring back Bluebird...
>>
Snyder is DC Bendis .
>>
>>88702469
t. a damifag

Sauce: https://twitter.com/Ssnyder1835/status/813434356815511552
>>
>>88702572
Duke Thomas is cancer.
kill yourself .
>>
>>88702572
>Duke Thomas
I don't like Duke. The family is way too crowded, he is boring, and he is useless. The whole thing about him being independent from Bruce as a hero is nothing new or major.

Nightwing is the prime example.

What they are setting Duke up for is failure. What 'unique' role can you give him that is not filled by someone else?

My opinion.
>>
>>88702583
>Duke Thomas is cancer.
This.

>kill yourself
Here's your (You) anyway
>>
I'm starting to actively dislike Duke because he's a bland, useless character that's being pushed in not one, but two Batman titles in favor of better, more interesting characters.
>>
>>88702596
>I don't like Duke.
Fucking this
>>
>>88702540
>Harper Row,and Duke.
Maybe Snyder just incapable of creating such a great character.
>>
>>88702616
Harper & Duke will fail because Snyder and co. have pitted them against the larger fanbases by ranking them, heaping unbelievable praise on and untrained character, and depicted other characters as secondary.
>>
>>88702596
>The family is way too crowded
This, and Batfamfags are too cancerous. Except for one vigilante sidekick, I wish they would kill everyone off and make Batman work like he used to before they started introducing shitty characters like Jason, Tim, Cass and others.
>>
i like duke, i think the zsasz story in all star has set up his character pretty well.
>>
>>88702824
No.He's been pretty awful and they aren't doing anything to change that unfortunately. Hoping he gets the banishment treatment like Harper did.
>>
>>88702469
As long as Batman is still muh white, male Batfam member i really don't give a fuck what little scotty scrotes-sucker does on his little "this will be my long halloween" endeavors.
>>
>>88702824
Me too. I think he has potential.
>>
>>88702894
I don't like "Duke" being FORCED down our throats in almost every bat book. It's like...we just can't get away...but...please go away, "Duke."

Put this kid onPower Rangers or something, and I'm sure he'll do great things.

But no, I don't care to see "Duke" at all when I'm reading Batman. He's a ridiculous distraction, far as I care. We have Damian and Nightwing, don't need this transparently contrived "Duke."

At the very least, keep "Duke" out of Batman and the other bat titles, and let him appear in ASBR exclusively, if he *must* appear in the bat books at all.

Really annoying...
>>
>>88702894
. I really dislike him. Gotham girl went from meh, to interesting, to disgusting, predictable and painfully boring.
Duke went from meh to painfully boring.

They belong together, its a romance for the ages.
>>
>>88702469
So what's wrong with this?
>>
>>88702837
harper's a supporting character in tec at the moment i think. And im pretty sure i remember King saying something about using her.
>>
>>88702975
> King
Dropped.
>>
>>88702909
He's in 2, and barely been in Batman recently. And his stories in all star are backups separated from the main story. Don't see your problem.
>>
>>88702469
LEAVE DUKE ALONE

Seriously why do people hate him? He has WAY more character than Harper is infinitely worse and had TWO good/decent books?

Is it because he's black?
>>
>>88702975
I think Tynion's the one with plans for her, at least from his Twitter.
>>
>>88702992
>He's in 2, and barely been in Batman recently. And his stories in all star are backups separated from the main story. Don't see your problem.
I don't like him simply because DC is forcing him too much and Duke is too cocky for no reason. That guy hasn't done anything impressive, and he needs to drop this 'Robin doesn't need Batman' attitude. Right now he's just dull and boring character with no personality.
>>
>>88702909
>We have Damian and Nightwing
And Red Hood, Batgirl...etc.

But that doesn't mean that they have no right to exist just because you dislike them.
>>
>>88703019
>Is it because he's black?
). Tumblrina Duke has been around for 3 years now. When they started pushing him in We Are Robin and Robin War, he was boring.
>>
>>88703023
my mistake.

>>88703032
> Duke is too cocky for no reason
kek, jason was my fave robin for that precise reason.

>Right now he's just dull and boring character with no personality.
kinda contradicting yourself there
>>
Imagine calling batman and telling him that he needs a hang class.

Now imagine calling duke.
>>
The problem with Duke is that Scott Snyder seems to be the only person who actually wants him to have a series. Most other people are kinda in the camp "yeah, he's alright I guess..."
>>
>>88703032
But that's not forced. Being a supporting character and having short backups you can just not read is just them trying to build the character.

Like, I understand when people say Miles is forced. I don't hate him but I get it. Duke isn't that.
>>
>>88703019
This has NOTHING to do with Race. Duke just sucks as a character. Hes boring, and is constantly being shoved down peoples throats by Snyder trying to show us how "unique", "awesome", and "different" he is, even though he isnt ANY of those things. The same thing happened with Harper Row. Even then shes a mildly more interesting character than Duke is.

Like other people have responded, Jessica Cruz, Simon Baz, Kenan Kong. ALL great examples of new, great characters who just so happen to not be white.I already dropped All-Star, so that doesn't particularly excite me.
>>
>>88703050
False. We are Robin was great and most of Robin War was good.
>>
>>88703114
I don’t he can carry a book, but I also don't think he deserves all the hate he is getting.
>>
>>88703120
>Duke isn't that.
I just don't see anything interesting in Duke. Or Harper. No, No, No There are so many characters who deserve solo series that don't have them, Zatanna, Superboy, Doctor fate, Martian manhunter, Swamp thing, Duke has done nothing to earn himself a book.
>>
>>88703124
>Even then shes a mildly more interesting character than Duke is.

Hold the fuck up
>>
>There are people on /co/ who didn't like The Warriors : Gotham Edition
>>
I think it's time they stopped reviving Robins.
Damian was only brought back because Tomasi can't write for shit without shoving children and pets into the story. No one in the bat books really wants to use him.

And what's up with every post-Barbara Batgirl having a criminal father? Cass, Stephanie and Harper Row have really similar backstories and neither of them will have any significant character growth. Keep one, if any.
>>
He wants this so much more than any of his readers do.
>>
>>88703149
He already carried a book though, and it was pretty good.

>>88703155
You can not like Duke but you are wrong if you say he has no personality.
>>
>>88703183
>>There are people on /co/ who didn't like The Warriors : Gotham Edition
we are robin actually worth a read then? or are you memeing
>>
>>88703149
Duke is bland to the point of uselessness.
>>
>>88703193
I want another WaR book by the original author honestly. Snyder Duke is honestly the worst Duke, and I like him.
>>
>>88703124

This is how radio works. They play a bunch of bullshit (i.e. Duke) so that when you hear something thats only kinda bad (Harper) you think it's good music.
>>
>>88703203
I'd storytime them both if I was on my computer just to fuck with this guy
>>
, Duke Thomas doesn't deserve the Robin title at all. I've hated these little pet characters that Snyder has created and continues to push. The Bat-Family is big enough.
>>
File: We_Are_Robin_Vol_1_1_Variant.jpg (453KB, 900x1384px) Image search: [Google]
We_Are_Robin_Vol_1_1_Variant.jpg
453KB, 900x1384px
>>88703203
Ifor you haven't read WaR you should. Pretty much all the characters are interesting and it has some good character development. The fact that it never got the chance to make an underworld as big as the Warriors is a crime in my opinion.
>>
>>88702954
Nothing, especially if it's going to be contaiment title for both Snyder and Duke.
>>
>>88703114
Snyder is the top writer at DC now
expect him to have Bendis pull and turn Duke into the next Miles Morales
>>
>>88702975
> King using Harper!??
Source, before I believe any of this.
>>
>>88703124
I was with you until you mentioned Jessica and Simon who happen to be just like Duke and have been pushed to the moon
Only difference is that no one cares about GL anymore
>>
Out of intrest, did anyone actually drop all star when duke showed up to save bruce?

>>88703277
cheers bro, ill put it on my list

>>88703242
maybe when you have a chance to then?
>>
>>88703316
i got it wrong, it was Tynion sorry
>>
>>88702469
>Batman Duke Thomas
Duke becoming Batman is a possibility, but don't think he's there to stay. just hope that they don't destroy Bruce Wayne whenever they decide to bring him back (like they did with cap).
>>
>>88703124
>he still acts like people liked Simon when he appeared for the first time
>>
>>88703348
>>88703348
(we know that Duke is one of Snyder's pet...)He's unnecessary, isn't interesting, and comes off as a creator's pet that Snyder made so he could claim his character became Robin.
>>
>>88703149
He is a waste of space and is being shoved everywhere.He is such a creators pet I can't even fathom it. Example: Bruce got his memory back. Not by the help of Dick, Tim, Jason, or even Alfred. Hell not even DAMIAN! His own SON! But he gets it back from Duke. A kid he does not know well. Example B: Duke knowing both Bruce and Dick's identities.

"This ain't hard."

Uh huh. Keep it going.

Do not get me started on Harper Row and the abomination to the Robin anniversary that was B and R: Eternal.
>>
>>88703327
Only fag gits dropped it
>>
Snyder...maybe this time Bruce will get pneumonia and his cat will have to be Batman...
http://www.cbr.com/interview-scott-snyder-all-star-batman-teases-kgbeast-plans/?utm_source=CBR-TW&utm_medium=Social-Distribution&utm_campaign=CBR-TW&view=list
>>
>>88703459
Bruce Wayne) die? AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>88702469
Maybe we will be lucky and Duke will go the Calvin Rose route.
>>
>>88702469
Snyder's Batman has finally fallen below the 100k mark in to it's fourth issue,
>>
>>88702743
It's impossible, even if you do that, they would eventually come back. That's how DC always works.
>>
Why you batfam folks fight each other all the time? Why can't you just get along?
>>
>>88703383

Like with Grant and Damian, then?
>>
>>88703678
Snyder.pls.Duke is just a boring character . Snyder didn't do anything interesting with him . Just a carbon copy of other robins ,but nothing new to offer.
>>
>>88703668
Do the X-fans get along or is just the batfamily fans who hate each other?
>>
>>88702469
: no thank you. The minute Bruce Wayne is no longer batman is the minute I stop reading it.
>>
>>88703539
And honestly, how many fans actually think that Duke or GG will be a mainstay of Batman stories after Snyder is gone?
>>
>>88703725
You misunderstand the point of Bats
>>
>>88703765
I think deep down Snyder knows that he cant work with many characters, his other DC work hasn't gotten anywhere near the response his Batman work has so he's trying to cling on to Batman for as long as he can. I wouldn't mind but DC should stop treating him as an idea guy, he doesn't have the creative talent, it took him 5 years to bring a new idea to Batman (the current road trip in ASB). Every single thing is a rehash of something someone else has done.
>>
>>88703725
>74 Replies
>23 IPs
Fuck off Damifag, fucking kill yourself this holiday season and rid this board of your shittiness.
Sage
>>
>>88703784
Blackman is Snyders bitch.
>>
>>88703834
(You) will not get a bump.
>>
Damifag needs to be visibly banned.
>>
>>88703277

The covers were nice but it never lived up to the concept. Plus Alfred secretly funding all of it left a bad taste in my mouth.
>>
>>88702469
urggggggggggggggg nooooooooooo
>>
>>88704135
Tumblrina she's right"
Duke is Cancer.
>>
i want to see Zack Snyder use Duke just to see how triggered /co/ would get
Thread posts: 84
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.