[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went right

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7

File: 1753719-kingdomcomehd.jpg (486KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1753719-kingdomcomehd.jpg
486KB, 1600x1200px
What went right
>>
Story, art, pacing, interaction, fights, characters, topics, title arc, and superman.
>>
>That reflection
>Those character reimaginings
>>
>>88696058
I think Batman's armor here is better then the one in Dark Knight Returns.
>>
File: sheit.jpg (42KB, 488x190px) Image search: [Google]
sheit.jpg
42KB, 488x190px
>>
>>88696058
Never read it.

Who is the old man in normal clothes shinning in the middle of the others?
>>
Power girl
>>
Reminder that Flex Mentallo is a better reconstruction piece than this garbage.
Reminder that Morrison is a superior Superman writer and that he never used Superman as his mouthpiece.
>>
>>88696160
Norman McKay a pastor who is being shown around by the Spectre
>>
>>88696130
>Literal thundercock
>>
Marvels is better.
>>
alex ross at his most same facey

The panel with the preacher watching wonder woman change costumes is good for a laugh though.
>>
File: 1449420858543.png (160KB, 437x597px) Image search: [Google]
1449420858543.png
160KB, 437x597px
>>88696174
Cant I like both for what they are?
>>
Is Thy Kingdom Come any good?
>>
>>88696058
Designs are GOAT
>>
>>88696303
not in the same league (at all) but its enjoyable.
>>
>>88696130
Alex Ross's art is certainly... interesting.
>>
>>88696058
I enjoyed Kingdom Come Superman's little run in the main universe in JSA
>>
>>88696058
>>
File: earthxmachineman3.jpg (73KB, 400x695px) Image search: [Google]
earthxmachineman3.jpg
73KB, 400x695px
>>88696264
I haven't read Kingdom Come but Earth X was really cool
>>
File: Kingdom Come.jpg (128KB, 640x983px) Image search: [Google]
Kingdom Come.jpg
128KB, 640x983px
>>88696058
>>88696160
>>88696303

Kingdom Come (2008) (digital TPB) (Minutemen-Azkaban)
https://filescdn.com/es2r6mlxpg9r
>>
>>88697595

That text is wrong because the classic heroes weren't retired at all in KC. The only one who had given up his costume was Superman.

Then there's the biggest flaw in KC: the classic heroes were no better than the 90's uncaring and reckless anti-heroes. Superman had given up, Batman turned Gotham into a police state, Wonder Woman became a disgraced amazon who was as extreme as the 90's anti-heroes, the Flash took out all the life of his city by being everywhere at once non-stop, Green Lantern became an hermit like Superman, the rest were all kinds of useless.

The end also made no sense with Superman and Wonder Woman having a bunch of super-powered children after Superman urged humans to stand for themselves. Yeah, Wonder Woman asked Batman to be the children's godfather so that they wouldn't let their powers go over their heads, but Batman in the comic was a psycho that terrorized the guilt and the innocent alike with a robot army. Not the most grounded guy.

Seriously, KC sucked as a story. The art is nice, though.
>>
>>88700175
That isn't the case at all though.
>>
>>88700175
Everyone turning senile is a very plausible scenario isn't it?
>>
I feel like the future as presented in KC is what the anti-mutant humans in Marvel always thought the future would be like. It was kind of neat the way Waid showed that the governments were trying to pass laws that would curb metahuman activity, but they were useless and did nothing, and no one believed further legislation against them was also useless.
>>
>>88700280

It is. Kingdom Come is a flawed book that end up ruining it's own premise.

I mean, in the end the militant and murderous Wonder Woman is the one took the responsibility to teach and aid the reckless 90's anti-heroes. Does that make any sense?
>>
>>88696114
>tfw I didn't noticed that when I read it the first time

Well shit.
>>
>>88696058
Old manface
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.