[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cancelled "Flash" open-world game revealed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: the-flash-2-jpg.jpg (164KB, 500x782px)
the-flash-2-jpg.jpg
164KB, 500x782px
Apologies if this has been talked about already. Saw this today and felt sad we'd never see it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fGs1QcUWsg

-Developed by Bottlerocket.
-Must have been quite awhile ago because it starred Wally West. Some of the art say 2008 on it.
-Set in the first year of Wally as Flash, learning about his powers and becoming more powerful as he goes.
-10 to 15 'episodes', with each episode centered around one of the Rogues. First episode featured Captain Cold.
-Central City and Keystone City both featured.
-Timed missions like Dead Rising included, though the timers slow down the faster Flash goes.
-Better you do, the more the world changes around you (vendors selling Flash merch, Flash museum opening, etc).
-Couldn't vibrate through matter, but could eventually go fast enough to break through walls.
-Main big bad eventually revealed to be Hunter Zolomon aided by Gorilla Grodd.
-Multiplayer mode, up to four players racing against one another as various speedsters, including Superman.
-Eventually cancelled because the publisher, Brash, failed miserably. Investors pulled out, Bottlerocket stopped getting paid, Brash eventually went bankrupt.
>>
>>88692404
>-Timed missions like Dead Rising included, though the timers slow down the faster Flash goes.
Cool idea, one of the best ways to implement the extreme super speed I think.
>>
>>88692404
Yeah, there was a short thread a while back. It is really sad, it had a lot of potential. I really like their costume design.
>>
Tie-in games are always terrible.
Cancelled "would-have-been-great" is obviously a very wild guess
>>
a justice league character action game is my wet dream. switching heroes instead of switching weapons.
>>
File: 1445119594269.jpg (52KB, 324x375px) Image search: [Google]
1445119594269.jpg
52KB, 324x375px
>>88692404
So what exactly would prevent a dev like Rocksteady or some other WB affiliate from picking up where Bottlerocket left off? Or is it just that WB Games is terrified of doing something new?

I really hope it isn't the latter.
>>
>>88692460
Spider-Man 2.
>>
>>88692460
Batman for NES.
>>
File: jlh.jpg (336KB, 1513x2163px) Image search: [Google]
jlh.jpg
336KB, 1513x2163px
>>88692578
You're in luck, it came out 10 years ago.
>>
>>88692944
Some legal locks like the distributor or bottled rocket owning the code or the assets
>>
>>88694076
Could WB buy those?
>>
"What if" always depress me.

I'm still not over the one Daredevil game that would've been Arkham City years before it came out.
>>
File: next gen sadfrog.jpg (52KB, 297x250px) Image search: [Google]
next gen sadfrog.jpg
52KB, 297x250px
>you will never play the South Park GTA clone

Granted Stick of Truth is the best Paper Mario game in years.
>>
>>88694778
Probably not since there isn't a company to negotiate wth anymore
>>
>>88695145
Well, is there ANYBODY that they could still talk to in order to acquire the rights?
>>
This has been known about for years, it even has a very famous prototype that uses a variation of the combat system from Bottlerocket's previous game, The Mark of Kri.

Everything about a Flash game is such a no-brainer that makes more and more sense as technology to render open worlds increases, I really hope WB gets their heads out of their asses soon and get more DC games out there, because Arkham and Injustice have proven there's a LOT of money in /v/irgins.

>>88692460
Actually this was in an era right after the Spider-Man movie was a big hit where people wanted to make games based on comics that weren't just quick rush jobs.

Arkham Asylum was one of the only ones that was eventually released.

Projects about Daredevil, Superman, two Batman prototypes that were turned down in favor of Arkham Asylum, and even a Watchmen game all made it to various stages of production.
>>
>>88692404
>-Timed missions like Dead Rising included, though the timers slow down the faster Flash goes.
This was legit an idea I had for a Flash game.
>>
>>88695167
Why would someone buy the rights to a fucking PS2 game and give it to people who have never seen the code before when they can just pay for a similar game to be made from the ground up?
>>
>>88695356
Because it's cool.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.