[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ll the stories in 2016 that Bleeding Cool *couldn't* run....

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: bleedingcool-logo.jpg (26KB, 464x210px) Image search: [Google]
bleedingcool-logo.jpg
26KB, 464x210px
SPECULATION TIME!

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/12/25/page-six-one-six-blind-items-for-christmas-day/

Welcome to Page Six One Six, the annual-ish blind items column of Bleeding Cool. Stories taken from across the comic book industry, from publisher to publisher, creator to creator, where the names have been changed to protect the guilty. Stories told in the Hyatt roof bar or the Bayfront basement, from intern to colourist, to assistant editor… you have been warned.

Which comics writer got his editor’s name wrong and started sending sending e-mails full of secret plot points about an upcoming event to his publisher’s biggest competitor? Giving them a two-month window ahead of solicitation on their rival’s big event plans? And telling them exactly when to schedule their own to scupper their rival?

Which marketing executive who was made Senior VP at DC Comics a decade ago, doesn’t even mention the position on her LinkedIn page anymore, describing the period merely as a marketing position at Time Warners?

Which comic book publisher, after a dinner meeting at a show between writers, editors and artists, male and female, ended it as people milled out into the streets, by raising his fists to the air and shouting “let’s go to a titty bar!” And then did.

Which comic book executive was rather surprised to stumble out from another “titty bar” onto the streets of New York to see me walking past to on the way to my AirBNB, and pleaded with me not to mention his name?

Which male comics editor who speaks loudly against sexual assault in the industry was actually once arrested, himself, for sexual assault of a comics creator?

Which prominent comics editor had never read comics before being made an editor and continues to not read comics while handling one of the biggest entertainment properties in the comics industry?
>>
>>88666235
Which big time established New York cartoonist is putting his dollar where his mouth is and planning to make a move to London after the inauguration of President Trump?

Which prestigious award committee routinely rejects nomination lists from publishers if they don’t like the creators or works on the list and drafts a suggested list in response in order to focus on more established and less controversial nominees?

Which comic creator, after appearing on a gay-themed panel at a comic con, was heard being told by another gay comic creator, “you don’t get work from the publisher because they are homophobic, you don’t get work because they don’t like you.”

Which big name comic book creators are working together on a cannabis lifestyle magazine for the newsstand for next year, in the light of new legalisation measures?
>>
>>88666235
>Which comics writer got his editor’s name wrong and started sending sending e-mails full of secret plot points about an upcoming event to his publisher’s biggest competitor? Giving them a two-month window ahead of solicitation on their rival’s big event plans? And telling them exactly when to schedule their own to scupper their rival?
It's Dogfucker, isn't it?
>>
>>88666235
Wow, all of these are boring and uncontroversial.
>>
>>88666235
I need to know the names of every single one
>>
>>88666235
>Which comics writer got his editor’s name wrong and started sending sending e-mails full of secret plot points about an upcoming event to his publisher’s biggest competitor?

Dogfucker.

And yes, I am sure he got his editor's name wrong on accident, totally.
>>
>>88666235
>Which comic book executive was rather surprised to stumble out from another “titty bar” onto the streets of New York to see me walking past to on the way to my AirBNB, and pleaded with me not to mention his name

Why would this be an issue?
>>
>>88666235
>Which male comics editor who speaks loudly against sexual assault in the industry was actually once arrested, himself, for sexual assault of a comics creator?
This is Greg Rucka.
>>
>>88666235
>Which comic book publisher, after a dinner meeting at a show between writers, editors and artists, male and female, ended it as people milled out into the streets, by raising his fists to the air and shouting “let’s go to a titty bar!” And then did.

Fuckin DChads
>>
>>88666272
>>88666460
Dogfucker ought to be called Marvelfucker now.

>>88666235
>Which prominent comics editor had never read comics before being made an editor and continues to not read comics while handling one of the biggest entertainment properties in the comics industry?
I'm kinda interested in this though. I would've said Khouri, but Khouri definitely read comics as a kid.
>>
>>88666245
>Which big name comic book creators are working together on a cannabis lifestyle magazine for the newsstand for next year, in the light of new legalisation measures?

Jimmy Palmiotti and Amanda Conner
>>
>>88666525
It might be Doyle and Batman
>>
>>88666272
>>88666460

Who?
>>
>>88666235
Oh boy. OK.

>telling them exactly when to schedule their own to scupper their rival?

Nobody. Nobody did this, because everybody in publishing knows the publishing schedule, because it's seasonal. You'd have to be fucking incompetent to need emails from a competitor to tell you when to push out your own offerings. This is garbage. That's why it didn't run, because it's a non-story.

>Which marketing executive

Well, obviously Diane Nelson, but since her job has changed since then, why would she mention DC Comics. Hell fuck a cat, she was never much more than someone for DC who actually knew about marketing, and she was brought in to head up DC Entertainment, of which DC Comics is but a single part (and probably not the most profitable). Another non-story. Seriously, her fucking LinkedIn? Why not her Bebo, or is that beneath you, Rich?

>Which comic book publisher, after a dinner meeting

Johns.

>Which comic book executive was rather surprised

Nobody. None of them even care you exist, Rich. You're a nobody. Merry Christmas.

>Which male comics editor who speaks loudly against sexual assault

Johns.

>Which prominent comics editor

Jo - nah, it's Bob Harras, who went on to write them himself after being an editor for a few years. It's not an unusual story.

>Which big time established New York cartoonist

Someone who's nationally syndicated and doing well.

>Which prestigious award committee

Eisners.

>Which comic creator

Christ. Does it matter?

>Which big name comic book creators are working together on a cannabis lifestyle magazine for the newsstand for next year, in the light of new legalisation measures?

Who cares? Smart ones. You don't write for now, you write for what's coming. It's hit and miss.
>>
>>88666485
married?
>>
>>88666566
Humphries.
>>
File: 1470075687267.jpg (31KB, 633x475px) Image search: [Google]
1470075687267.jpg
31KB, 633x475px
>>88666551
>Power Girl is gonna toke
As if she wasn't perfect enough.
>>
>>88666598
I mean, it's not a sure thing but giving that the Harley Annual was a scratch-and-sniff cannabis based book I wouldn't be surprised if it weren't them
>>
>Which comic book publisher, after a dinner meeting at a show between writers, editors and artists, male and female, ended it as people milled out into the streets, by raising his fists to the air and shouting “let’s go to a titty bar!” And then did.
If a gay person had said "let's go to a gay bar!" would it have been an issue? No? Then this isn't either.

>>88666598
They're not doing it for DC, dumbo.
>>
>>88666692
desu, this kind of stuff has always seemed unprofessional to me. Unless you're a close friend, why would I want to go see half naked people of either sex with you?
>>
>>88666498
Rucka is not an editor. Did he ever speak against sexual assault in the industry?
>>
>>88666733
It is pretty unprofessional in the modern world, but comics writers are rarely very professional anyways.
>>
>>88666235
These aren't stories. These aren't even fit for a tabloid.
>>
>>88666911
>what is a blind item
>>
>>88666888
You're moms rarely very professional
>>
>>88666571
Johns isn't a publisher, I'd be either Didio, Lee, Buckley, or Stephenson.
>>
>>88666235
>Which male comics editor who speaks loudly against sexual assault in the industry was actually once arrested, himself, for sexual assault of a comics creator?

Ales Kot?
>>
>>88667105
Not an editor.
>>
>>88667182
Ok, I give up, who?
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.