[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does this board think of Bruce Banner/The Hulk?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

File: 4903020-7517423809-Hulk-.png (916KB, 1280x688px) Image search: [Google]
4903020-7517423809-Hulk-.png
916KB, 1280x688px
I hardly ever see him being talked about around here.
>>
He told you leave hulk ALONE!
>>
Cool idea for a character with no good comics at all. Hulk: Grey comes kind of close but he's just never really been written well. Future Imperfect was good but didn't really deal with the Banner/Hulk duality in a fun or interesting way since the Maestro is smart Hulk, and smart Hulk is the worst idea in the entire franchise.
>>
>>88655886
>smart Hulk is the worst idea in the entire franchise.

How so?
>>
File: ;Pjab.png (63KB, 161x164px) Image search: [Google]
;Pjab.png
63KB, 161x164px
>>88654949
>so alone he doesnt even get a stand alone movie
>tfw we get planet hulk out of thor 3
>>
File: dangerous hulk.jpg (1MB, 2560x1967px) Image search: [Google]
dangerous hulk.jpg
1MB, 2560x1967px
The real issue with Hulk, is Banner. Is there a place in Hulk stories for Bruce anymore or much like Donald Blake has his time simply passed? If you look at the more popular Hulk bits, they generally share Bruce being Hulked out near 100% of the time. Peter David's run with Professor Hulk, Planet Hulk, what not. Hulk is recognized as being part of the Avengers, less so Banner.

If Hulk is to be the hero, what does that make the man who has tried to stop him all the time?
>>
>>88655985
What makes Hulk interesting is that he's either really smart or really strong. He's stuck as either id or superego, and never gets to meld the two. That creates a lot of potential for interesting stories when Hulk and Banner disagree, and they have no easy way to mediate that conflict. A good example of that is in Hulk: The End where Banner wants to die but Hulk doesn't.

I get the impulse to have Banner and Hulk develop towards a compromise and a best-of-both-worlds situation, but it makes him a much more generic character, and it drastically lowers the stakes, since before that neither one wants to let the other take control unless they REALLY have to.
>>
>>88654949
I was a fan of the late 90's early 00's stuff leading up to Planet Hulk but after that the character seemed to go downhill in terms of storylines and popularity
>>
>>88656029
>so alone he doesnt even get a stand alone movie
He got a stand alone movie. It came out like days after Iron Man.
>>
>>88656035
Didn't Banner have a pretty pivotal moment in Planet Hulk when he was finally honest with his wife about who he was?

>Is there a place in Hulk stories for Bruce
Yes, dissociative identity disorder protagonists are incredibly compelling when well written.

The biggest problem is Hulk's overpowered enough to just not need Banner's input with regards to his heroing and Marvel is ass at writing social lives which is where dissociative identity disorder shines as more than just a plot device.

Option B is turn them into Marvel's Firestorm.
>>
File: SheHulkBadass.jpg (51KB, 500x372px) Image search: [Google]
SheHulkBadass.jpg
51KB, 500x372px
Honestly, passing around the mantle of "Hulk" is the best thing they've thought of in years. You can only psychoanalyze one guy for so long. Even when Banner and Hulk do come to understand each other, it gets undone once the next writer gets to him.

Cho has been interesting so far, and I look forward to seeing Jen deal with being on the savage side of the Hulk spectrum (plus her new She Hulk design is just amazing). And once they decide to bring Banner back, I hope they ease him in with some fun hero versus villain stories and then transition back into the internal conflict.
>>
>>88656935
I'm going to marry She-hulk!
>>
>>88655886
I don't know about that anon. I've been reading some fall of hulks stuff and thoroughly enjoying how Loeb is tied a lot of the hulk events together.
>>
File: 1449556880343.jpg (92KB, 711x1123px) Image search: [Google]
1449556880343.jpg
92KB, 711x1123px
>>88654949
Bruce?
Banner?
My cousin Bruce Banner?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.