[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jeff Lemire's Moon Knight

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

How's Lemire's Moon Knight? Worth picking up the first TPB?
>>
>>88647644
Not a fan. It tries way too hard to push the "I'm so crazy" aspect of Moon Knight, and while it's a newer approach, it just feels like a "throw anything at the wall and seems what sticks" thing.
>>
>>88647644
Pretty good though I think half of it is the art
>>
>>88647644
Great art, decent story.
>>
>>88647644
It's Kïňo
>>
>>88647644
Only if you're okay with sacrificing writing for art.
>>
The writing isnt bad in that it's reflecting Marc's madness, but it's taken two arcs to answer the initial ambiguity.

The art is top notch tho.
>>
>>88647644
It has the best art hands down out of any other Big 2 comic, but the dialogue is just really bad at points. The first two issues are really good, but then the third and forth bring it down by having Marc just dick around while doing nothing. The fifth has a big dumb plot twist that leads to the abandoning of the original plot and leading into multiverse shenanigans. It's basically lowkey Spiderverse with Moon Knight, except "IT'S ALL IN HIS HEAD DUDE HE'S SO CRAZY".

tl;dr
It's only worth buying if you're going to buy/read the rest, since the story is incomprehensible without the following issues.
>>
>>88647795
>Pretty good though I think half of it is the art
That describes almost every Moon Knight ongoing, particularly everything since Ellis. Ellis basically turned it into an artist showcase book, and even under Moench the art was the best part.
>>
File: Moon_Knight_Interior_Preview_1.jpg (454KB, 1031x1566px) Image search: [Google]
Moon_Knight_Interior_Preview_1.jpg
454KB, 1031x1566px
I've never seen an artist improve as much as Smallwood in such a short time.

His art in the 2014 run wasn't anything special, but he really outdid himself with this one.
>>
>>88647644
I really like it. The story is complex, but it's just a reflection of how fucking bonkers Spector is. Plus despite everyones gripes about the story, Lemire knows how to utilize art to serve the purposes of his story.
>>
>>88648674
Yeah, Moon Knight has always been an artist showcase. The Charlie Huston run was well written but even then I'm sure units were moving more for Finch.
>>
>>88648790
No kidding, it's like between this volume of Moon Knight and the last a different artist killed him and took his name
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.