[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The great debate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 18

File: the great debate.png (313KB, 475x332px) Image search: [Google]
the great debate.png
313KB, 475x332px
>>
adrian did nothing wrong
>>
>>88645177
yeah, except for maybe killing half of the city and some of the greatest minds alive
>>
FOR THE GRATER GOOOOOD
>>
>>88645387
Rorschach was right
>>
>>88645466
About what?
>>
File: IMG_2384.jpg (157KB, 700x493px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2384.jpg
157KB, 700x493px
>>88645563
About Adrian's plan.
>>
Both are shit.
>"muh college freshman philosophy dilemma" villain with no real depth
>forced character development that we're supposed to believe makes him sympathetic and redeems him despite him gleefully slaughtering innocent people in the past
>>
>>88645141
I never read or watched HxH.
What was nonCells plan and motivation?
>>
>>88645764
No plan or motivation. People just remember him for shitty character development.
>be an unlikable edgy cunt
>falls in love with a dumb blind bitch
>becomes a better person because "muh love redeems"
>they both die
>people are supposed to feel sad and think he was a great character
Shonen is retarded.
>>
>>88645868
he is ozy but he failed his plan
>>
>>88645868
It's less becoming a better person and more becoming a person in the first place.
>>
>>88645868

He was raised to eat humans, And literally is a month old.

Give the guy a break.
>>
>>88645466
Yeah.
>>
File: 103_-_Komugi_close-up.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
103_-_Komugi_close-up.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
I want to Hug and protect Komugi
>>
>>88646177
She should be cut open and burnt alive.
>>
>>88646205

>t. Shaiapouf
>>
>>88646380
If you're a race-traitor falling for a human-hating sociopath, you deserve to die.
>>
>>88645696
You have to treat the Ants as a developing species that are rapidly adapting to the world. The first and easiest act is usually the most selfish one.
>>
File: Alluka_3_-_138.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Alluka_3_-_138.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Anon, give me a (you)
>>
>>88645466
In some ways, the main idea is that humanity is a stupid and savage force that can only behave and work together if a bigger threat scare all the sides. By Rorschach edgy but truly views, a society that needs to life in base of lies to remain alive isn't a society worth of existence
>>
>>88645696

Nice collection of buzzwords mate.
>>
>>88647870
>he thinks Ozymandias was a good character
>>
>>88645868
He was like a God for the rest of the ants. To recognice he was not a God (even with all his gifts) was his character development.
>>
>>88645141
>great debate
How so?
>>
>>88647308
I fuckin' love her.
>>
>>88645141
Meruem > Ozymandias
>>
>>88648024
>her
>>
King was born as the strongest creature in the world. He already had the power to kill anyone or anything before he had any sort of understanding about the world. Yes, what he did was wrong but he had no way of knowing that at the time. He's essentially an infant that someone handed a gun, you can't really hold it against him when he shoots someone.
>>
>>88647308
>>
>>88645141
>NUCLEAR BOMBS!

>MY ONE WEAKNESS..!
>>
>>88645141
I don't know who the anime dude is on the right.
>>
>>88646177
Bitch got a runny nose and big fucking eyebrows who the fuck would love this blind bitch.

>>88648767
Nigga got bodied by an old man and a cheap dirty bomb.
>>
>>88648873
You'd be defending it if it was Batman using a dirty-kryptonite bomb instead.
>>
>>88648953
He is a goddamn hero, you take that back.
>>
>>88645141
How is Cell supossed to be a better villain than Adrian?
>>
File: Meruem_Komugi_108.png (865KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Meruem_Komugi_108.png
865KB, 1280x720px
>>88645868
Wow, literal babby here that tried to up his reading comprehension beyond naruto and bleach and got assblasted. Meruem is a great character, I would even venture to say one of the best in shonen, because he's a case study in what good and evil truly are. You see him born into this world as an absolutely cold creature that with his insect-like, though still genius level, intellect literally sees no use for ideas of good or evil, beyond that of his own power and right to rule as the strongest creature in existence. He commits numerous brutal acts of murder, but over time we are given an actually rigorous philosophical/psychological view into his moral development when he encounters a person he wants to protect, Komugi.

Literally one of the best character development arcs in manga, and anyone who says otherwise should stay away from Hxh until they have read more mangas and have gain some understanding into what character dev. should entail.
>>
File: Hunter-X-Hunter-131-13.jpg (97KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Hunter-X-Hunter-131-13.jpg
97KB, 1280x720px
>>88649097
I think what I really liked is how Meruem's story was mirrored by Gon's descent into an angry and vengeful person who would literally destroy himself so that he could avenge the death of his friend in a brutal. bloody, and gratuitous murder.

There are no real villains in that arc, just people bouncing of one another and trying to accomplish their goals in whatever way they think is best.
>>
File: HUNTER X HUNTER.jpg (65KB, 385x528px) Image search: [Google]
HUNTER X HUNTER.jpg
65KB, 385x528px
>>88648873
>>
>>88649097
>Meruem is a great character
You can stop embarrassing yourself. He's garbage just like the rest of that shitty manga.
>best in shonen
The less smelly turd is still a turd.
>because he's a case study
>it's one-dimensional shit, better to call it "study" to pretend it's actually deep
>"he's a cartoonishly evil character with an idiotic attempt at "character development", but if I word it in a pseudo-intellectual way, maybe I can convince people he's actually deep"
You're not even trying.
>Literally one of the best character development arcs in manga
If that's true, I'm glad I don't bother with manga and prefer actual literature. Go back to reading that instead of your weeb capeshit.
>>
>>88645141
What are the terms? What are you even trying to discuss?

No, they would not be on par in terms of fighting prowess/strength. We'd have to give Ozy lots of prep time to figure out how to kill him. Frankly, he'd probably come up with the same solution as Netero and just bomb the fuck out of him with some bullshit.

If you mean philosophy, I guess they're similar kinda. Cold, calculating rulers who look to preserve their race no matter the sacrifice, or something like that.

Ozy was very much alone for most of his life. Meruem got to spend his short life with someone he admired/loved.
>>
>>88649193
I'm glad more people noticed the parallel between Gon and Meruem, with the villain becoming good, and the good guy falling to evil slightly, before coming back to being good by acknowledging his mistakes after the arc.

However, does that really mean there are no villains in this arc, because the development went in unexpected ways for so many of them? What would you say of Shiapouf?

Also, I am almost completely convinced in my headcannon that Gon will end the series by making a covenant for a powerup but this time for a good reason. This would fit well with how he has to find his identity again now after partially throwing it away in the fight against Pitou.
>>
>"no u" the post
>>
>>88648873
That old man worked for decades to become the strongest thing in the world, and even he couldn't do any damage at all to King. It took a nuke to hurt him because no organic creature can be completely immune to radiation.
>>
>"m-muh badly-written weeb capeshit is actually deep" the post
>>
File: 92f.jpg (13KB, 680x510px) Image search: [Google]
92f.jpg
13KB, 680x510px
>>88649346
>he can't even reply properly

Okay buddy, I wasn't certain at first but now you've shown your hand. This is the last (You) you're getting from me.
>>
>>88649311
>Gon will end the series

>tfw Togashi will probably die before we ever come close to seeing that happen
>>
>88649429
>he cannot understand the irony
I'm done with you too, go jerk off to "deep" and "compelling" your one-note shitty character with his terrible character development is.
>>
>>88649463
I'm really curious now. Did you read/watch the whole series and hated the character? Or are you hating because he's a superior 1000x folded nihon character?
>>
>>88649223
I would be very interested to see what *you* consider good character development.
Until then, good troll, made me reply, 6/10
>>
>>88645696
Meruem makes a lot of sense though.

He's not human and he's ignorant of the world, he kills a lot of people in the first month of his life but somewhat changes after that.
>>
>>88649097
>in shonen
shonen is not a genre

>mangas
Oh, of course
>>
>>88649512
Former. I really can't stand Meruem, his bitch and his fans.
I have no problem with anime in general, just with shonenshit and slice of life shit.
>>
>>88649311
Even with questionable methods, you could argue Pouf's heart was in the right place.

The King is literally destined from birth to rule, eat, and subjugate humanity, and is being reduced to an obsession with beating a young and very useless girl at a board game.

Maybe his pride was damaged because he couldn't beat her, but to let that setback get in the way of near god-hood was a bit ridiculous. Pouf might have overreacted, but he only tried to kill her once the King lost his memory. Even once he was found out, the King knew that Pouf only had the best of intentions for the Ants' future kingdom and didn't punish him.

The closest to villains you could acknowledge would be Netero for killing him without the fair fight they both agreed to, or any of the ants that spread and tried to make their own kingdoms in very malicious ways. The latter can be contributed to both their biological imperative/imperfection and the human DNA making them more vicious.
>>
>>88649634
>Netero for killing him without the fair fight they both agreed to

I think that may have been another point that Togashi was making during that arc was that ruthlessness is what wins the day.

It seemed like it was hinted at that the Chimera weren't the first kind of threat Netero and humanity in general has dealt with and probably the only reason humanity is still around is because they resort to dirty tricks like that.
>>
>>88645696
He had more depth than stalin!
>>
>88649583
Pretty much anything that isn't juvenile shit that would only impress teenagers, i.e. not anything in HxH.
>any opinion I disagree with is le troll
Shonenfags are retarded as usual.
>>
File: 32.jpg (1MB, 3999x829px) Image search: [Google]
32.jpg
1MB, 3999x829px
>>88649727
>I think that may have been
That IS the point.
It's actually inspired from Kiseijuu, in fact the whole arc is somewhat inspired by Kiseijuu.

Of course HxH takes a more infantile tone to it but still, chimera ants and parasytes are similar and what the authors want to say is similar too. In the end Gon turns crazy for revenge, Netero uses a cruel bomb and we learn that those bombs exist everywhere.
>>
>>88649921
>more infantile
Can't be more infantile than Kiseijuu
>Japanese """"""""horror""""""""
>>
>>88649921
Not to mention Youpi is literally Gotoh
>>
>>88649765
>583
>Doesn't even know how to properly quote posts
Also, nice of you to avoid giving any specific examples, to avoid any possible criticisms of your undoubtedly shit-tier tastes.
>>
>>88649960
Kiseijuu is not horror, though.

The themes are exactly what the pic I posted has, it talks about humans and it also takes a criticism at human nature.

The way Shinichi kills Gotoh shows how "wicked" humanity is, Shinichi kills him with literal trash, he gets poisoned and dies because of it. It's the same Netero does with Meruem except Netero uses a bomb and as he clearly states humanity is cruel.

Both show that humans are not righteous but in the end no sane human would not veil for his own.
>>
>>88650058
>humans are not righteous

I think it could be argued that fighting for the preservation of your species is itself a righteous goal.
>>
Anon, give me your dubs.
>>
>>88650058
>Kiseijuu is not horror
Glad we agree. It's not horror, it's trash.
>it talks about humans and it also takes a criticism at human nature.
Translation: it's a talentless teen's first attempt at writing a "humans are real monsters but not all of them" kind of story.
The fact that anyone would ever consider that tripe worth reading makes me wish the world ended in 2012.

>>88650041
>your undoubtedly shit-tier tastes.
Pot kettle black.
>>
File: Ki62_175.jpg (88KB, 728x1057px) Image search: [Google]
Ki62_175.jpg
88KB, 728x1057px
>>88650104
From that species point of view, yes. But like migi says humans say all the time that they do things for the sake of others/for the planet when they're doing it for themselves.

In the end Shinichi accepts he's human and he's doing it for himself and those he loves despite him knowing that Parasytes are not truly "evil".
>>
>>88649960
Better than trash like Black Hole.
>>
>>88650151
> "humans are real monsters but not all of them" kind of story.
Except it never does that? Shinichi himself thinks at some point that humanity itself might be the poison killing the world, so maybe Parasytes could be the cure(the story doesn't confirm this either, not does it make him look correct, it's just his pov). He doesn't discard that idea but in the end he still kills Gotoh, simply because he's dangerous for Shinichi's way of life.

I'm not trying to discuss Parasyte anyways, just pointing out that was Togashi's intention because the entire arc is inspired by Kiseijuu
> It's not horror, it's trash.
You know what, this the last (You) you're getting.
>>
>>88650273
>Except it never does that?
Except it does. What do you think the existence of that one-dimensional (like the rest fo the cast) serial killer was supposed to symbolize?

>having shit enough taste to like Kiseijuu
Enjoy your shitty exposition, dull characters and predictable twists.
>>
>>88645141
If the show didnt go on infinite hiatus I would have just dropped the show after chimera ants.
>>
File: latest.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>88649634
I understand what you're trying to say, but in the end isn't everyone trying to do the right thing?

Togashi is clearly trying to make a point for objective morality with the Ants' situation, seeing how Meruem, the epitome of unfeeling brutal nature, eventually comes over to becoming thoroughly moral himself. Against such a context, I would make the case that Shaipouf was clinging to the normal (incorrect) way for Ants to do things, not letting the King grow, and thus he ended up being in the wrong, symbolized by him dying like a gutted pig, bleeding out from the radiation poisoning while tears embodying his emotional defeat still cling to this cheeks.
>>
While I sympathized with Mereum to a degree, understood where the Parasyte author was going with the whole humanity-morality-nature theme, and won't readily dismiss the "humans are more evil/inhuman" conclusion, I just naturally gravitate more towards humans and find it harder to condemn their "evil" acts compared to "innocent" nonhumans committing mass murder.
>>
>>88650659
So, I take it you're not a fan of BLM.
>>
>>88650134
>>
>>88647308
I fucking hate him.
>>
>>88651287
>him
>>
>>88650505
for Pouf it wasn't just about the King growing but also about the King basically giving up his position as one-above-all by accepting that there is an individual to another that makes them decide that they're not the most important thing in the world (Considering the King this is ingrained in the ants to the point that even Palm can not stand to see the King bend his knee to her, even though she honestly hates him) and how that would spell the end of the way of life of the ants. Pouf fought for the survival of his species.
>>
>>88650659
can it really be considered murder when you're killing for food? that's just hunting. the ethics of hunting just boil down to 'don't drive your prey extinct'
>>
File: Feel.jpg (83KB, 573x400px) Image search: [Google]
Feel.jpg
83KB, 573x400px
>hunterXhunter

Don't remind me of those feels
>>
File: 1475389703693.png (297KB, 800x726px) Image search: [Google]
1475389703693.png
297KB, 800x726px
New chapter never.
>>
>>88652747
which will update first hxh or prequel?
>>
File: ClN1xbTXIAEfP9B.jpg (143KB, 886x1200px) Image search: [Google]
ClN1xbTXIAEfP9B.jpg
143KB, 886x1200px
>>88653312
Neither.
Thread posts: 82
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.