[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Swamp Thing Recommendations

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: ST.jpg (138KB, 487x750px) Image search: [Google]
ST.jpg
138KB, 487x750px
Just got done reading Alan Moore's Swamp Thing and was looking for something to read. I have tried Hellblazer and didn't like Delano. Didn't know if there was a better starting point. Also What were your favorite Alan Moore Swamp Thing moments.
>>
>>88636898
>was looking for something to read
Keep reading the Rick Veitch run on Swamp Thing. It's real good, it just doesn't get a conclusion because he butted heads with the President of DC when they revoked approval for a story he wanted to tell
>>
read steve gerber's man-thing. it's also very good.

i've never read a swamp thing comic, except the superman team up issue.
>>
>>88636898
why does he have a butt
>>
>>88636898
nu52 Swamp Thing. Especially Soule's run after Rot World ends.
>>
>>88636898
Sandman is pretty much the spiritual sequel to Alan's Swampy, give it a go if you haven't already
>>
>>88637533
To get rid of excess food.
>>
Veitch
Nancy A Collins
Mark Millar
those 6 issues Diggle did
New 52 stuff is good but a different tone
>>
>>88636898
First Swamp Thing I read after Moore was the New 52 run, Snyder & Soule. As I recall it only treats the Moore run (and some Blackest Night shit) as canon so is easy to follow.
Eventually I went back and read the Veitch run too, and the Wheeler run, and Collins, and Millar, and the volumes after that etc etc until I'd read it all. Shit's mad moreish.
Honestly the only runs i didn't really l like was the stuff before Moore and BKVaughn's. Still, they're worth thumbing through I guess. Gimme a sec, I wrote a thing covering it all a few months back lemme see if I can find it.
>>
File: Yep what a concept.jpg (395KB, 2096x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Yep what a concept.jpg
395KB, 2096x1024px
>>88636898
>>88641329
https://desuarchive.org/co/thread/85803703/
>>
File: TMTO_0106.jpg (309KB, 866x496px) Image search: [Google]
TMTO_0106.jpg
309KB, 866x496px
>>88636995
>read steve gerber's man-thing. it's also very good.
This, OP. Claremont's & Dematties' aren't that long either.
>i've never read a swamp thing comic,
You. Anon. Fix that. Download the first Moore TPB ASAP.
>>
Just started Vol 7 of Swamp thing and the first two issues are amazing. Very fucked up, but amazing. he enters into his gf to see their baby and when he comes out he's a woman and pregnant with himself. So he gives birth to himself and his gf raises him as her son/lover
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.