[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Brian K. Vaughan's Saga

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 7

File: 45345345345.jpg (243KB, 585x900px) Image search: [Google]
45345345345.jpg
243KB, 585x900px
Is there a lot of SJW pandering in this book?
>>
>>88622862
Are there losers on 4chan whining about this book?
>>
>>88622891
Not that I've seen
>>
> hur durr /co/ tell me whether I can read this book or not

just do it, fag. Also Prince Robot is the best character.
>>
>>88622862
Fuck no there are like two gay characters and one teams but they all get treated like shit like the rest of the cast.Its a really good series
>>
>>88622891
Whenever Saga is mentioned yes, though it's surprisingly not mentioned often considering how popular it is.
>>
>>88622862
What do you count as SJW pandering? There are gay characters, several strong women who don't need no man and people often have silly haircuts.

>>88622977
I seldom see people complaining about Saga when it's mentioned in Image threads.
>>
>>88622862
I feel like there's more trying to be edgy than there is sjw pandering. Still a very fun read though.
>>
Is this good? I'm considering getting the first HC collection.
>>
>>88623033
>in Image threads
Well there's your problem. The people in Image threads actually read comics, which means they're not indicative of the average anon.
>>
>>88623133
Pretty good. A bit overrated/overhyped, but still good.
>>
>>88623133
I think it's good but download (or read online) a couple of issues and see for yourself.
>>
This looks like a Starstruck ripoff.
>>
I bought the first volume. Loved it. Prince Robot is great. I say give it a try.
>>
The art is not the one I'd like in a space opera.
>>
>>88622862
>Is there a lot of SJW pandering in this book?
No, there is none at all.

Also, I'd give my left nut for a prequel series featuring The Stalk and The Will.
>>
>>88622862
yes
that is why I avoid it
>>
>>88622862
>read first five issues on anon recommendation
>expect emo hipsters being mopey
>instead suffering
>suffering everywhere
It's a pretty good book. Give it a go.
>>
>>88623362

It's incredible how literally everyone would make a better proagonist than Alana and Marko. This really should have been an athology series.
>>
>>88623362
How his race mixing not sjw pandering?
>>
>>88623456

> not wanting a cute alien waifu/husbando

look at him, everyone. Look at him and laugh.
>>
>>88623252
It's less imaginative than Starstruck.
>>
>>88623456
>race mixing

OK, Cletus, how about you explain to me how two alien species falling in love promotes "social justice".
>>
>>88623456
>Star Wars, Star Trek, more or less every sci-fi work now confirmed SJW garbage
>>
>>88622862
More than you can possibly imagine.
>>
>>88624318
> people still bring this up

It makes sense in context. If you can't deal with characters having different opinions that you, I'm not sure how to you even read comics in the first place.
>>
>>88622977

because its generally decent.
its the same with most books that people actually like, a thread starts and says lets talk about {insert good book here} and then everyone replies "oh yea, that stuffs good" and then the thread dies.
>>
File: image.jpg (166KB, 650x366px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
166KB, 650x366px
>>88622862
>that dragon performing autofellatio
>>
>>88622862
I feel like SJW-ness is pretty subjective. You'll need to be more specific about what you're complaining about.

BKV has a knack for killing off the best characters, though. Be warned.
>>
>>88624318
>tip of the Iceberg

No, that's literally the only thing you can quote that even resembles SJW ideology. Taken in context though, it makes sense that Hazel would feel that way.

That one fucking line gets brought up every time we talk about this.
>>
>>88623456
I'm sorry you were beaten relentlessly in your super-conservative household.
>>
>>88622862
Yes, but don't expect /co/mblr to admit that.
>>
>>88624318
One of the villains introduced early on is a rich, old hag in a business suit who does shady shit behind the scenes.
>>
>>88623456
When the husband is abusive.

They portray a mixed race couple and the husband is abusive and the wife leaves him for it.

So progressive! Keep it away from the kids!
>>
I've been thinking of getting into this, but heard that while it starts off really strong the quality drops as time goes on.
>>
Post the part where she says that war is always worse for women.
>>
>>88624833

you're kinda behind on the book, yea?
>>
>>88623456
It's not the 60's anymore?
>>
>>88623456
>black people are in story
>they're not enslaved

I'm sick of these fucking SJWs
>>
>>88624929
No, I'm caught up. I'm just saying that you can't really cite the mixed race couple as being SJW propaganda when there was an issue where the husband threw a bag of groceries at his wife in an fit of anger.

Alana and Marko, the gay reporters couple, they're not portrayed as perfect shining examples of humanity. They are presented matter of factly, as real people.

That's not SJW. There's a difference. Read something by Ryan North. His shit is horrible SJW crap.
>>
>>88623456
Racemixing is so 90's progressivism. Now it's all about them homosexuals.
>>
File: saga.jpg (154KB, 520x800px) Image search: [Google]
saga.jpg
154KB, 520x800px
>>
>>88624908

Tbh, the quality drops off because the story keeps draging on... on and on...

I'd say that it's worth reading to this point if you enjoy the supporting cast. By which I mean Prince Robot.
>>
It's pandering to furries.
>>
>>88625262
lying
>>
File: 1482424268387.png (267KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1482424268387.png
267KB, 600x600px
>>88622862
Out of all the questions you could've asked. It's that? Comical.
>>
>>88622862
It's never "hey, is this book good?" or "hey, where can I find more like this?" with you fucking people, is it? It's always just "hey, is there evil SJW shit in this book?" or "is this different from the movie?" or "did you hear what the guy who writes this said on Twitter?".
>>
It's not the pandering that bothers me, it's that BKV somehow gets a pass for his edginess. Any other comic writer writes this book and they'd get shit.

Saga by Mark Millar
>rape rape rape

Saga by Garth Ennis
>HORSECOCK!

Saga by Alan Moore
>FISHRAPE!

Saga by BKV
>I love it, please give me more nude giants!
>>
>>88624318
That's not Clinton's line. It's been observed loooong before Clinton.
>>
>>88625337
Are you literally implying those wouldn't still be enjoyable?

The only exception is Millar because he's just a shit writer in general.
>>
>>88625348
>Ameribabs in charge of not making everything revolve around their king of the playground election
>>
>>88625290
you can't blame them for being thorough, if they accidentally read something with a brown person in it they'll die
>>
>>88623151
I thought it was because everyone in Image threads already knows it jumped the shark and so there's no point belaboring it.
>>
>>88625337
>HORSECOCK!
DRAGONCOCK!
>>
>>88625402
>Implying there was a shark for it to jump when the very first fucking quote of the book is "IT FEELS LIKE I'M SHITTING"

You pretend the tone of the book wasn't obvious from the very start so you can act high and mighty about how it was totally better back in the day. If you have to bitch, bitch about an actual problem like the pacing, not that.
>>
>>88625451
>act high and mighty
>if you have to bitch
Anon it's Christmas, can't we just enjoy ourselves
>>
>>88623456
Don't believe these other anons, race mixing is absolutely an sjw issue clearly that almost no one else does.
And it's not a white exclusive thing either, other races and nationalities aren't all pro mixing being as a positive, it's fucking made up shit in the west that only white people by far and those around them endorse, it's actually is the exception to race mix, look at asians for example.
People who tell you it's some sort exclusive white "problem" don't know shit about the world outside their backyards.
>>
>>88625564
>It's exclusive to the West so it's bad

Funny, I thought you people usually had the opposite viewpoint.
>>
>>88622917
This.
>>
>>88625353
If Millar was channeling whatever got us Starlight (or even Ultimates) I would read the shit out of his Saga.
>>
>>88625597
I have no idea what you are getting at, but in case you haven't gotten it, I'm not white and this whole cheering of increased race mixing as some sort of moral progress/victory, is almost exclusive to white people in the West.
So I find it funny when someone is not for it, the first instinct is to associate it with someone being white.
The biggest pushers of race mixing are white women from all that I've seen, who also make up the biggest percentage of SJWs.
Race mixing is one of the tools people who want to broadcast their morality often use in their storytelling.
>>
The only issue I've ever had with Saga was a character saying"bookgasm". Other than that its fine. I don;'t see how having a handful of gay characters makes it SGW, especially since those two reporters are pretty flawed.

Saga is basically just how Humanoids would probably be if that series were released today.
>>
>>88625804

You're conflating the "west" with America which is typically what non-American posters do. You also sound like you get all your information from the internet and you don't go outside and talk to other people.

You can't say the "West" when you really mean America, you don't mean South America, Europe,France,etc. Racemixing isn't SJW propaganda, its just a part of life that has existed since people existed. I've seen almost every combo of couple out there, it's not the jews, it's not sjw's, its just real life anon.

Also i like Saga especially lately because it has a tranny in it and that's my biggest fetish.
>>
>>88625804
Literally nobody said anything about anyone being white. Bit defensive there Anon?
>>
So, if last issue's cliffhanger takes the obvious route, we're all dropping it or what?

>>88625804
people are calling you out because the story is not about race mixing, it's a romeo and juliet story.
>>
>>88626301
>So, if last issue's cliffhanger takes the obvious route, we're all dropping it or what?

It won't. If it was going to, it would have happened at the end of the last issue. He's not going to do it.
>>
File: 1480812263155.gif (2MB, 500x432px) Image search: [Google]
1480812263155.gif
2MB, 500x432px
>>88622862
>SJW pandering

fuck off you ass
>>
File: 1480115694605.png (117KB, 500x636px) Image search: [Google]
1480115694605.png
117KB, 500x636px
>>88623456
>not supporting race mixing
>>
>>88627914
Nah, I understand why he's asking. It's obnoxious, and I prefer to avoid it too.

Saga doesn't pander to SJW.

When Fin Fang Foom recognizes that it's "problematic" to assume Spider-Man has a girlfriend, and not a boyfriend, THAT's pandering to SJW.
>>
>>88627988

Maybe avoid arts and entertainment altogether if it's so obnoxious, and just jerk off to pictures of Trump and Hitler
>>
>>88622862
Maybe.

Either way reading the first issue I just found it dull, its 'weird sci fi' elements have no internal consistency, the main characters feel generic and the Will is an incredibly blatant rip-off of the Metabaron.
>>
>>88628006
>triggered
>>
>>88628050

"triggered" he says, in a thread for people who can't read a book if it has gay or brown people
>>
>>88628061
Gay and brown does not equal SJW. There's a big difference.
>>
>>88628114

Then what the fuck is everyone complaining about? Because they had sex in the book? What?

Everyone is screaming "SJW PROPAGANDA" over what? Breastfeeding? What is the fucking controversial shit of this book that alt-right shitters can't stop crying about?
>>
>>88628114
Not everyone seems to agree with you.
>>
>>88628172
>everyone complaining
Literally 4 out of 75 replies called Saga SJW.

Not everyone. The opinion is overwhelmingly in favor of Saga and that it is not SJW.

What I think you don't like, is that people are saying that SJW = bad, which it does. SJW ideology is toxic.
>>
>>88628202
Who doesn't agree with me? Show me the reply that says gay or brown = SJW.
>>
>>88628006
>he doesnt like extremist social justice
>must be a nazi

Fuck off to tumblr you fat, virgin bitch.
>>
>>88628172
If you're willing to participate in a good faith discussion and not assume I'm writing this because I have a rape dungeon or something....

There's a certain "tee-hee, did I do that?!?" childish quality to the way sex is handled in a lot of....I don't know to say it....women's media? Saga has the kind of "this is SOOOOO adult" quality that seems like it appeals to 17/18 year olds trying to prove how "over society" they are. So, maybe it isn't SJW pandering exactly, but it has the whimsically amoral and sophomoric stench of college progressivism (as opposed to a more nuanced, less desperately 'adult' ideology) around it.
>>
>>88629189
Maybe you would have a valid point if you hadn't posted this on a website that bases literally all its humor around sex.
>>
>>88627881
I still can't believe he looked at Alana and thought "yeah, this is a suitable mother for my child."
>>
>>88629377
He has been kind of unhinged for a while.
>>
File: Drinking-Water-By-Duc-Lai.jpg (88KB, 550x586px) Image search: [Google]
Drinking-Water-By-Duc-Lai.jpg
88KB, 550x586px
>>88628732
>visualizing your greatest fear to fight against
whew
Thread posts: 84
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.