[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 339
Thread images: 37

File: adventure-time-title-cards.jpg (77KB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
adventure-time-title-cards.jpg
77KB, 360x270px
What went wrong?
>>
>>88579255
i dont know i stopped watching a long time ago when i could tell it was going in the wrong direction
>>
flame princess

she showed up, everything changed
>>
it was greenlit
>>
When it became Lesbians: The Animated Series
>>
File: 1470378052184.gif (963KB, 440x248px) Image search: [Google]
1470378052184.gif
963KB, 440x248px
It stopped being fun to watch, that's all.
>>
>>88579255
As with every single cartoon (except Jap shit, which can last for ages and Fox cartoon soap operas like Simpsons): ideas sack finally run empty.
>>
Too much lore and Finn being a loser
>>
>>88579255
Hiring writers wth the creativity of a thirteen year old girl to boost ratings.
>>
>>88579255
Showrunner stopped showrunning.
>>
>>88580356
this
as soon as the show gained traction ward outsourced it to tumblr and left to go work on other things
>>
>>88580356
That sounds about right.
>>
It just stayed too long. Nothing can stay good forever. They should have ended it on a high note instead of keeping it around for so long.

>>88579481
> Fox cartoon soap operas like Simpsons
>soap operas like Simpsons
>soap operas
>>
File: Princess_BubbleGum_10.jpg (38KB, 426x481px) Image search: [Google]
Princess_BubbleGum_10.jpg
38KB, 426x481px
>you will never suck on PB's sugary toes
>>
I think the biggest problem is they chickened out of committing to a lot of the changes. A few they stuck with but for a while other than Finn being depressed and lonely they just rushed to get everything back to normal asap.
>>
>>88580450
It's not as if outsourcing the show to /co/ would have been better.
>>
>>88580541
this.

They just magicked his arm back after 3 episodes after foreshadowing it's loss since the fucking beginning. what a let down.
>>
The point where it stopped being about adventures and turned into Finn >tfw no gf
>>
>>88580673
Remember when Bubblegum was fourteen for two episodes?
>>
>>88579255
They kept wanting to go back to some status quo despite being known for actually continuing stories.

I'M LOOKIN AT YOU, ARM REGROWING SOMEHOW AND MARCELINE JUST BECOMING A VAMPIRE AGAIN FOR NO REASON.
>>
>>88579255
Terrible writers that tried to write 2DEEP4U bullshit, instead of the adventures of a boy and dungeon crawls.

Also shipping.
>>
They wanted to have more dramatic episodes and plot-lines without the writers actually working together and keeping the status qou.

It didn't work.
>>
>>88580450
>other things
like...?
>>
>>88579255
No more adventures. Just "lore," drama, relationships, stupid stuff. No longer "with Finn and Jake."

It was basically the EXACT same as Ctrl Alt Del's downfall (though the comic wasn't that good to begin with). What would be AT's "Loss"?
>>
>>88579255
Frost & Fire
Breezy
Martin in general
>>
>>88582429
Martin could have been the greatest hero of all time, bigger than Billy. He could have been a universal level hero who had to leave his kid behind to save the galaxy or something. But no, they had to turn him into a jerk because "TAKE THAT DAD!!!" And also masculinity is no good!
>>
File: Marcey Feet.jpg (177KB, 1268x845px) Image search: [Google]
Marcey Feet.jpg
177KB, 1268x845px
>>88579255
For me it was the two parter about the parallel universes that went nowhere.

>>88580516
I'd rather Marcelines.
>>
>>88579255
Too much plot, stupid and outright depressing plot decisions, and too many artsy episodes
>>
Finally bringing back Mee-mow, removing the one thing that made her unique and doing absolutely nothing worthwhile with her is what made me give up for real.

They're taunting their audience, "hahaha we're shit now but you'll watch anyway because you liked the show once!" I didn't put up with The Simpsons and I'm not putting up with AT.
>>
>>88582454
>He could have been a universal level hero who had to leave his kid behind to save the galaxy or something.
Wasn't that the original idea? Wasn't there a deleted scene where Billy told Finn his dad was once a great hero? (And revealed he was adopted).
>>
>>88580632
Actually there is absolutely nothing worse than tumblr, tumblr is Creativity's cancer. The current Simpsons writers would have done a better job, a machine or Indian animators would have done a better job too
>>
>>88579255
Should have ended after the second season.

>>88579371
>>88579423
>>88579697
>>88579933
These are correct
>>
>>88579371

this.

but this is also how women do.
>>
>>88583141
>The current Simpsons writers would have done a better job
Let's not go nuts here.
>>
>>88579255

Multiple things went wrong, and believe it or not is started at the end of S1.

1. Serious situations reversed mere episodes later in dumb, inconsequential ways - see: PB being turned young at the end of S1, reversed a few eps later. This would plague AT throughout its entire run.

2. Finn's crushes progressing from "kind of adorable" to "weird and creepy". FP wasn't to fault for this (in fact she could have redeemed Finn) but he did start getting more weird and creepy towards PB around the time that FP showed up. (This has gotten better but it was a big problem for a while.)

3. Writers just seemed to start...hating Finn. Like they took every opportunity to shit on him for a while, it seems. The worst was probably when he got cucked by Cinammon Bun. Again, this has gotten better, but was a big problem for a while.

4. Characterization went through a sort of reverse flanderization. Flanderization is when a character's unique attributes get exaggerated to the point that they become a caricature of what they originally were. In AT, character's unique attributes were slowly eroded, until now, any single line that a character says, or any action they take, or any reaction they have, is conceivably something any other character could have done.
>>
File: thumbnail_16153.gif (30KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
thumbnail_16153.gif
30KB, 640x360px
THAT FUCKING BEE!

I think Breezy was the final episode that turned off a lot of watchers, I haven't seen any episode after that desu...
>>
Cue that one ESL faggot that will defend this show to the bitter end
>>
>>88579371
"Everything changed when the fire nation attacked."
>>
I think it just stopped being fun for me. I think I first noticed it in Red Starved. All the characters just sounded so bored.

Ive liked a lot of recent AT things though, I liked Stakes and those frog seasons shorts, and Islands looks right up my alley.
>>
File: 1469596446582.jpg (48KB, 300x340px) Image search: [Google]
1469596446582.jpg
48KB, 300x340px
So what was so bad about Breezy? I don't watch much Adventure Time, but I know it basically confined the show would always be "Status Quo" for the rest of it's airtime, but that can't be it can it?
>>
>>88583405
I think a large part of hating Finn was because the writers were SJWs who hated Masculinity and competent men. It's why Bubblegum gets so many "badass" and "TAKE THAT PATRIARCHY" moments. Meanwhile Finn is a retarded PeterGriffin/HomerSimpson. It's because they have this belief that when a male has masculinity, it's toxic (but when the same masculinity is applied to females, it's okay).
>>
>>88579481
>except Jap shit
as a manga reader, thats false lol

rarely does something continue without dipping in quality at some point
>>
>>88583141
>Actually there is absolutely nothing worse than tumblr, tumblr is Creativity's cancer

do you guys really spend life mad at "the enemy" or is this a meme
>>
>>88579255
Cucks started to dilute the story with pointless pandering and feminist agenda.
>>
>>88583993
That you're unable to even recognize that Finn gets, and has always gotten, 99% of the "badass" moments in the show, is pretty weird. Or maybe you recognize it, but still think Bubblegum being badass once every 30 episodes is too much, which is even weirder.
>>
>>88583942
Breezy was a lecture on what to NOT do with a narrative, pretty much.

It turned the protagonist of the story into an unlikable douchbag, confined the story into a pattern that would never ever change and reversed all the consequences suffered by characters without as much as an after-word.
>>
>>88582387
>What would be AT's "Loss"?
Flame princess
>>
File: finn_water.png (211KB, 666x374px) Image search: [Google]
finn_water.png
211KB, 666x374px
The show lost its charm when it stopped being about a boy having adventures with his magical dog.Like,how come we never see stuff like pic-related anymore? I miss the amazing banter between finn and jake. I miss the sometimes hit-and-miss jokes that you'd see in seasons 1&2. I think finn's character is just uninteresting now. For fucks sakes Finn is a washed up adventurer with GF issues and Jake is a middle aged father getting ready settle down....
They.Fucked. It. Up.Man.
No, I dont give a fuck finn gets a new sword. He could become a cyborg for all I care and I still wouldn't give a shit. They ruined a show with so much potential.
>>
>>88584964
>Finn is a washed up adventurer with GF issues and Jake is a middle aged father getting ready settle down
It's like a parody or something. It's hilarious when you think about it.
>>
>>88579255
nothing
>>
>>88582454
That would literally have been the most boring and generic thing the show could have done, people really have shit taste enough to have wanted this? What shit taste.

Martin being such a piece of shit was the best thing about that arc.
>>
>>88579255
When, for God knows why, it started to take itself seriously. Really seriously.
>>
>>88579255
Nothing.
>>
>>88579255
>>88579255
Everything

/thread
>>
>>88579371
Like what? It couldn't have been that drastic since nothing from season 7 even hints that Flame Princess is a major part of anything. Those were stand alone episodes that influence nothing in season 7. We're about to start season 8
>>
>>88579423
>4 episodes that are heavy in bubbline
>out of 250 episodes
>hurr Lesbian Time Am I right?
There literally has been no romance between them, and that's only one couple. How about the dozens of other straight couples you're choosing to ignore?
>>
>>88579481
>ideas sack went empty
That doesn't even make any sense, AT is constantly getting new writters.
>>
>>88579697
>Finn is a loser
Season 7 showed he is pretty alpha

>>88579933
What is this statement based on?

>>88580356
Yet still works on episodes and give insight

>>88580450
>outsourced to tumblr
How does this make any sense? You're just throwing words together at this point.

>>88580512
>the linear decine with time meme
>>
>>88579255
It didn't know what it wanted to be.
>>
>>88590435
>>
>>88579255
I want to say Penn left, but the cracks began when he was still in charge
>>
>>88580450
>outsourcing to tumblr
Rebecca Sugar started storyboarding in season 2, and is the embodiment of tumblr. Yet /co/ ate up every single episode she boarded.

>>88580673
>Finm finally gets his robot arm
>/co/ will still bitch
Just proof that what you guys want to do, find something to be mad at. Finn could literally get laid in am episode and you guys would still call him a loser cuck. HE DIDN'T GET HIS ARM BACK, THE GRASS SWORD BECAME HIS ARM
>>
>>88590304
The Simpsons has gotten new ones as well, doesn't mean they haven't been exhausted as fuck and repeating themselves for 15+ seasons now.
>>
>>88580967
Remember when it was still 2011?

>>88580955
>stopped adventuring
We still have adventures in season 7 retard, but you'd know that if you'd watch the fucking show. There is literally a mini-series centered on Finn and his adventures in the sea, so how is the show no longer about Adventures. I dare you to find ONE episode in season 7 when Finn is caught up about being single.
>>
>>88580984
>ignores that:

>Finn is no longer a spaghetti mess
>Cinnamon Bun now is FP's knight
>Finn has transition through multiple swords
>>Scarlet
>>Root Sword
>>Demon Blood Sword
>>Grass Sword
>>Finn Sword
>Wild Berry Kingdom became sophisticated
>Candy Kingdom's military has been shown to have improved significantly("Susan Strong," they have candy weapons, that are cutesy. "Gold Stars," freaking helicopters)
>Lemon Grabs 1&2 are now one
>Earldom is run differently throughout control
>Finn's dad left him and became a space entity
>Finn Sword is broken, what has happened when the grass sword impaled it has get to be explained
>Ice King can socialize and isn't an autistic mess
>show has always been about Finn and Jake in Ooo, but we have expanded to telling stories of background characters and origins
>The literal show itself has taken a different direction
>LSP left her over-bearing parents and lives in the woods
>PB no longer spies on everyone, and has learned to trust those that wish to invade her own kingdom.
>Lich is now embalmed inside a body of a child
>Finn no longer is romantically interested in Bubblegum
>Finn and FP are now friends, before they were a couple
>Flame King now resides in a cave full of chipmunk
>Marceine and PB have reestablished their friendship, after previously being detached.
>Marceline has patched up her relationship with her father (no more daddy-issues
>Ice King has given up attempting to force women to marry him
>Billy is dead
>Finn is no longer afraid of the ocean
>Jake has moved on from being a sore-loser in Card Wars
>Xergiok lives a nomadic life
>Jermaine lives care-free of his parent's belongings
>Magic Man is now Normal Man, and instead of causing suffering on Mars, he is helping the rebuild
>Abraham Lincoln is dead, after exchanging his immortality.
>Grob Glob Grod Gob are orbiting the Earth
>>
>>88582128
> 3 episodes where there is a philosophical message that is excuted in a cringe-worthy manner
>stand alone episodes
>entire show is ruined
Welcome to /co/, everyone.
>>
>>88590468
Just be glad AT is ending soon and we aren't talking about new episodes 15 years from now like the Shitsons.
>>
>>88579423
^This. The downfall of any cartoon is when they start appealing to adult neckbeards instead of children.
>>
>>88582183
How so? What plot lines didn't get finished or were forgotten?

>>88582387
>no more adventures
>lore
>drama relationships
http://adventuretime.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_episodes#Season_7:_2015-2016
Why don't you go kill yourself? What downfall is there? The show has improved since season 7.
>>
Late season 3, with Flame Princess

She is not the reason why AT turned to shit, just the milestone for when it happened, from there one there was less adventure, more shipping and poorly done attempts to make a deep lore.
>>
>>88582429
>Stand alone episodes from season 5 and the beginning of 6 ruin the entire show
Those are just bad episodes, not episodes that make independent episodes bad. How can you even set that as a tipping point, when the show is typically episodic?
>>
>>88582454
>martin could have
>could have
>my headcannon didn't work out wahh
You should've droppes that story the moment it started, we knew Martin was a criminal the moment he was locked up in the Citadel. We knew he didn't give a shit about Finn in the same one.
>>
>>88582512
>composition division fallacy
The Lich, Finn the Human/Jake the Dog was not about parallel universes.
>>
Adventure Time is an example of when fan pandering goes too far
>>
L is for the Loser that Finn has grown up to be
E is the Element of fun that's hard to see
S is for the shipping wars fought six goddamn years long
B and I is Bitches, I can't name all in one song~
A is for Adventure that we never seem to get
N is for the word Russians say to the problem; NYET!
S is for the simple slapdash song in which I spell
Lesbians, the cause of it. I hope they burn in Hell.
>>
>>88582891
I'd be surprised if you've ever watched the show

>she was unique because they didn't immeditately pick up her looking back

That was one episode, that literally had no other effect on any other episodes. You're just a retard. How does that make any sense. Explain what you just said to me. You fucking can't, it doesn't make any sense.
>>
>>88583036
>was that the original plan
Always assume rumors are false before they are true. I don't understand what you're giving a citationless claim this much faith
>>
When the writers who made the first season so special and fresh left

I don't even know if there was a change in the staff desu, I'm just assuming there was because of the huge change inthe tone of the show
>>
>>88583681
>i want people to share shit opinions
Evidence you just want to complain about the show, and ignore anything good about it. You dislike that guy because he is making you think, you want to share something without being needed to defend it, and that's exactly what that guy is making you do.
>>
>>88590466
She's not though. She actually advocates for love and acceptance, not hate. She's an old school feminist, not a tumblr feminist.
>>
>>88583405
>dumb inconsequencial ways
Going back to an adult so everyone isn't held in a dungeon for years is this how?

>not more cute Finn
Wow going through puberty is an awkward moment for males, SHOCKING. IT'S NICE HE IS NO LONGER WEIRD AND CREEPY THOUGH RIGHT?

>Writers hate Finn
>I can provide only one example that is invalid
>cucked
You don't know what that word even means. Finn got dumped because he used his gf's insecurities against her. She broke up with him because she knew she couldn't trust him. In what world is this not justified. CB is literally friendzoned by FP, so how does cucking even apply here. Finn and FP are now on good terms, so how do the writers hate him?

>flanderization
It's great you can define it, now how some examples that actually apply?
>>
>>88590597
Also there were like 5 or 6 episodes where FInn had a girlfriend, like 4 years ago, and people still call it "Shipping Time".
>>
>>88583530
>I stopped watching after one character in an episodes that influences nothing else
You're not going to make it
>>
>>88583530
This. that was the last thing i remember. It started dying when the lich saga concluded with a slow wet fart. it had a lot going for it then proved without a doubt that they don't have the competence to string it all together in the end.
>>
People still care for Adventure Time?
>>
>>88584247
Such as?

>>88583993
This doesn't make sense, PB is shown to break down, go through shit, and make mistakes. She was voted out of her own monarchy for fucks sake, from people that she created.
>>
>>88590972
Just look at this thread, the ATDF is out in full force.
>>
>>88579255
It just went too long and it exhausted any GOOD ideas to the point they recruited Tumblr for creative output.
>>
>>88584353
How so? That was a stand-alone episode
>>
>>88590468
Name examples where AT has been repeating itself. The fact that new ideas are always coming up completely contradicts that the show has no more good ideas.

>>88591013
>Rebecca Sugar starts storyboarding in season 2. Do you faggots forget Rebecca was involved at all?
>>
You guys are a bunch of crybabies. The show is still relatively good.
>>
>>88590868
>special pleading
You have failed to even support the notion that AT is being outsourcesd to tumblr with any actual evidence. SU is literally Tumblr the show yet was created by someone that worked on AT. Yet AT didn't get tumblr writters in season 2. What about Natasha, who has been with the show since forever? Is she not tumblr? She's the one that made Bee and Puppycat
>>
>>88579255
They wanted to be less about fun little adventures in a bizarre magical land and wanted to make the story so serious with so much focus on the post apocalyptic stuff (which was just a wink wink, nudge nudge thing at first), inter-dimensional travel, make the status quo part of the fucking lore, family drama, and of course romance.
Of course their writers are nowhere near competent enough to pull it off.
>>
>>88590832
That's the nostalgia talking. The shift in tone is due to the many different story boarders, judging which style was better or is the best is decided purely by nostalgia.
>>
>>88590743
>writers make episodes that they want fans to enjoy
I fail to see the problem here
>>
>>88590669
Yet /co/ loved the fuck out of season 4. This was AT's peak in popularity, so it seems like this milestone is the mark of nothing that matters.
>>
>>88591132
>nostalgia

I'm too ld to feel nostalgic over something I started watching 3 years ago.
>>
When Lich became like an ordinary villain.
>>
>>88590622
See here >>88590285
>>
File: 1481418482704.jpg (85KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
1481418482704.jpg
85KB, 680x680px
>>88590213
>he /thread's his own post
>>
>>88582512
I agree, they never got anything really interesting after that.
>>
>>88591168
Well it's happening whether you deny it or not. Referring to something by its "charm" is nothing but nostalgia
>>
File: 1481946651717.png (58KB, 500x475px) Image search: [Google]
1481946651717.png
58KB, 500x475px
>>88591120
>signs of the mushroom war since season 1
>literally nuclear weapons seen in the opening credits
>>
>>88591160
Why do fans of neo AT get so defensive when people point out it turned to shit?
>>
>>88591269
>Completely ignoring the "which was just a wink wink, nudge nudge thing at first"
Ever notice how ATfags seem more desperate than absolutely every other fanbase to defend their show? Like sure if you smack talk something in any other thread some fags will show up and accuse you of being part of *insert other fandom here* but usually it doesn't last all that long, but holy shit, mention a single bad thing about AT and the ATfags will spend hours screaming at you.
>>
>>88591176
In what way? He hasn't shown up since the beginning of season 6
>>
File: latest.jpg (32KB, 500x313px) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
32KB, 500x313px
>>88591401
>just a nudge
>S1E16
>>
>>88591360
Because it doesn't make any sense
>neo
Fuck off I've been following this show since it started. S7 was just about as good as season 4, and many AT fans would agree. It makes no sense saying the show turned to shit when I can look at the talkbacks and seen people enjoying the show
>>
File: 486846468.png (667KB, 1271x710px) Image search: [Google]
486846468.png
667KB, 1271x710px
I still miss him.
>>
>>88591511
https://youtu.be/FrlymHW0qU8
*moans uncontrollably*
>>
>>88591425
For me it was the parallel time arcs, it was great arc but we never got any consequences of any action there.
Lich went and wrecked caos , finn and jake came and just clean it up. It became a formula.
>>
File: 5949686.png (151KB, 421x500px) Image search: [Google]
5949686.png
151KB, 421x500px
>>88591558

"FALL."

>Finn and Jake just fucking faint

Christ...
>>
>>88582316
he made bravest warriors, which is really good
>>
I stopped watching after season 4, did I make the right decision?

Because of this, I think it's a great show with a few flaws.

Am I missing out on any great episodes?
>>
>>88591558
I can't believe they just made him a giant baby.
It's just so silly.
>>
>>88591598
>am I missing out on great episodes
Yes
>>
>>88591598
The Stakes arc was okay but besides that you made the right choice.
>>
>>88591558
>>88591511

Do you think The Lich's hand being in all of the dimensions will come into play somehow?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7dHAYdLlUY
>>
>>88591598
there's lots of good individual episodes after that point, but the overarching story continues to be pretty shit
>>
>>88591560
The fact that the Lich being defeated was serendipitous should already be evident that he is no normal villain. Everyone else gets defeated intentionally. He's only actually shown up in the season 4 finale and the season 2. Only three times.
>>
>>88591558
>remember this scene when baby lich does his speech
>/co/ instantly connects the ancients with the monsters
>we get that underwhelming villain in orgalorg

And that's when I dropped the show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2k7Jf9xO3g
>>
>>88591641
What suggests that it will? Ask yourself these things before you begin anticipating anything. Emphasis on yourself and anything.
>>
>>88591641
>destroys lich with one incantation and have no set backs
>>
>>88591731

Why would they put a piece of the most evil and just-won't-fucking-die-for-good-esque villain in the series in EVERY DIMENSION if it wouldn't come up again?
>>
>>88591712
You're missing out in season 7. But since you haven't seen the show since summer of 2015, I wouldn't share any opinions about it. Especially when season 8 is going to start next month.
>>
>>88591770
Did the hand that went into their world do anything? No it didn't, they just threw it out. He didn't intend to throw a useless bodypart that does nothing into every universe, he intended to have access to it all. The latter didn't happen, so no, nothing suggests that it will do something.
>>
>>88591634
>Stakes was better than season 7
I enjoyed stakes, but the rest of season 7 has outstanding episodes
>Don't Look
>Crossover
>Hall of Egress
>Angel Face
>Preboot
My top 5 favorite. Why do you have such shit taste? If Stakes was okay the rest of the season should be enjoyable.
>>
>>88579255

>An episode about wet dreams in a children's cartoon.
>>
>>88591578
That's a wizard for you.

The word "spell" means "word". Magic spells are magic words. The concept of a wizard is someone who can literally command great forces as they would a servant.
>>
>>88592074
>children's cartoon
Anon, there's a few things I need to break to you
>>
>>88590972
Sadly
>>
>>88591712
Ron Perlman is really underrated
>>
>>88579255
Nada.
>>
>>88592194

Look, I liked the show too, but it airs right after dinner and before doing your homework. Just because it has jokes and concepts that go up the age group a few times doesn't mean it's not.

I got news for you anon Who Framed Roger Rabbit? was a kid's movie too.

When you forget your roots you make a lot bullshit like Coolworld or get Sue Dibny raped on the JL satellite or have to hear "So it's all harmless butt jokes? Why are letting the kids watch a kid dreaming about getting hit in the nard's and liking it?"
>>
File: 1469683809875.gif (176KB, 267x199px) Image search: [Google]
1469683809875.gif
176KB, 267x199px
>>88579255
Nothing
>>
>>88592435
>referencing a movie decades old
What defines a children's show has shifted since then

>a few times
Kek
>>
Is the show even still running? Or is it completely over now?
>>
>>88592464

It really hasn't. I'm sorry you're autistic and have to make it all about you.
>>
>>88580356
Most correct answer.
>>
>>88592541
>it really hasn't
It literally has though, people even complain about it. Movies that were rated G in the 80's and 90's would be considered PG today.
>>
>>88592508
Two seasons left
>>
>>88592588
Thats what I thought. For some reason the threads I've seen on /co/ made it sound like the series was canceled or ended early.
>>
>>88592605
Just /co/ being autistic
>>
A show called "Steven Universe" came.
>>
What's the status on the movie?
>>
File: 1428401912147.gif (2MB, 220x220px) Image search: [Google]
1428401912147.gif
2MB, 220x220px
>>88579255
Gee I don't know. 9 seasons you keep shit posting about it like you care which regardless of what you say you are probably the world's biggest fan of the damned thing and you are just trying to come on here and start shit.
>>
>>88590996
>Such as?

Here's one of the most basic things about storytelling:

When you tell a coming-of-age story of adventure, which is what Adventure Time is, you don't de-protagonize the main character halfway through your story.

The reason why the hero gets the girl isn't because girls are objects to be won, it's because in a story about a hero going through hardships, we want to see the hero rewarded for their commitment at the end. We kind of like this idea of merit and people being rewarded for hard work and dedication.

So when AT stopped being about Finn's journey, when he got locked in the most stupid, degrading plot-lines, essentially turning him into a side character, in favor of lesbian drama...

How else am I supposed to call this if not "cucks diluting the story with pointless pandering and feminist agenda"?
>>
It got too into it's own lore and made some bad decisions when it came to what plot it did have.
>>
>>88579255
Everything
>>
When most neat concepts weren't executed well or didn't go anywhere. Or what this anon said >>88593163

>>88593248
Nah
>>
Honestly, I'd paint season 6 as where the series really gets bad as someone whos just been marathonning the series for the first time.

Season 6 marks the point where the story stops being about Finn and Jake, and begins to focus on the inane lives of literally every secondary character the team has ever met. So much so that I'm pretty sure that the protagonists of the show hardly star in most of the eps for that season.

Whats made worse is that the eps are all either just plain drugtrips or just 'who cares' moments that feel like the writers were out of ideas or were trying to purposely avoid writing about the main characters to draw it out for another season.
>>
>>88593058
>deprotagonize
AT hasn't done this though, Finn has always been the main focus in general, just because he isn't 100% for the episodes doesn't mean he is no longer the protagonist.

>a gf is a reward
That's what objectifies women retard, a woman isn't a reward for you to claim as your property. This is the message a feminist wants to get rid of. I wouldn't want my daughter to be seen as a reward, I want her to be seen as a person. That isn't a feminist agenda, well 3rd wave, the reason why feminism has a bad name.

>side characted
>lesbian drama
Name all the episodes that are about PB's relationship with Marceline. And name all the episodes that show their romance.

Finn not getting the girl has nothing to do with them not becoming his reward, he didn't get the girl because he broke her heart. Regardless Finn does get the girl in "Flute Spell," so how does this even hold up?
>>
>>88592438

Go to sleep eddy.
>>
>>88591100
>le people have to be aligned to a boogieman website if I don't like them
>>
>>88593604
https://adventuretime.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_episodes#Season_6:_2012-2014
Season 6 marks where minor characters are focused on more, not when Finn and Jake are forgotten.
>>
File: 1481420124867.gif (2MB, 330x225px) Image search: [Google]
1481420124867.gif
2MB, 330x225px
>>88593683
>implying
>le
gb2reddit
>>
>>88593691
I never said forgotten. I said that they are the focus of the season more than Finn and Jake are.
>>
>>88593718
The link I provided disproves that
>>
>>88592438
>Ed-ucation.gif
>>
>>88593058
You're using the word "cuck" so I can instantly dismiss your viewpoint and your argument as you are a retarded memelord. Stay off the internet for a while, it's fucking you up.
>>
File: 1472092712801.gif (559KB, 400x276px) Image search: [Google]
1472092712801.gif
559KB, 400x276px
>>88593739
>>
>>88593735
Nearly half of the season is about characters other than the main cast.
>>
>>88593816
Count them, where the main cast isn't a major character. Notice how you shifted to being about. You've lost faith in your initial argument
>>
File: 1482296260227.jpg (30KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
1482296260227.jpg
30KB, 400x225px
>>88593712
>he doesn't get it
>>
>>88593844
I just did. Its around 20ish episodes. If I focus on episodes where the main cast isn't the focus, but still present its even more.
>>
File: at_huntress_wizard_finn_arrow.png (680KB, 1280x1557px) Image search: [Google]
at_huntress_wizard_finn_arrow.png
680KB, 1280x1557px
>>88579371
This. But then Huntress Wizard made the show good again.
>>
>>88593906
Count them, where they are major characters, not being the focus is irrelevant, because there have been episodes like that since season 1. I'm not going to let you shift the goalpost.
>>
>>88594019
I literally just told you.
>>
>>88594048
>he doesn't want to
I didn't do it myself so you'd show yourself that you're wrong. If you were confident you'd have no problem.
>>
>>88594087
Are you illiterate?
>>
>>88594110
>he still doesn't want to
The information you provided is insufficient, as you can't judge which is greater
>>
>>88594176
So you are. Got it.
>>
>>88593972
Who will be the best love interest to Finn and why is it Huntress Wizard?
>>
>>88594186
I'm not seeing information so I can judge, look up the definition of illiterate, because I don't think you know what it means. If I was I wouldn't be able to type a sentence to you. But look here we are.
>>
>>88594271
Considering you were given an answer literally the first time, yet kept on begging for the answer, I have to assume that you're incapable of understanding it. So the rest of your replies must be something equivalent of a monkey throwing shit at a typewriter and making it look like the english language.
>>
>>88594230
>who will be the best love interest for Finn
Chad Thundercock
>>
>>88594305
>i was given an answer
An incorrect one at that. I know the answer, I'm playing with you
>>
>>88594333
Sure you are.
>>
>>88594353
Here reply to this so you can have the last word. To help you cope with looking like a fucking idiot.
>>
>>88594371
Kay.
>>
Every attempt this show makes at being "deep" makes me physically cringe.
>>
>>88594488
>he didn't break down with BMO singing his friends song
What are you, some type of faggot?
>>
>>88594488
That's not always a bad thing and I didn't mind that, but there are some parts where it does come off as ridiculous.
>>
>>88592725
>Steven Universe
>implying "Tears&LGBT-shit:the animated series" is better than AT

At least AT had good episodes.
>>
>>88594875
I don't think that's what the anon was implying
>>
>>88594875
He's referring to the cancer that stuck on AT all went to SU. Believe it or not there used to be and Adventure Time general filled with cancer just like /sug/
>>
>>88579255
Everything
>>
File: IMG_5934.jpg (43KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5934.jpg
43KB, 640x360px
>ATBarneyfags salty that they're ignored with their valueless "f-Finn is still good G-guyz!" defense force rhetoric
Feels good man.
>>
>>88596085
I would argue that he's at least a bit decent compare to the time he was beta as fuck.
>>
It's always sort of funny seeing people complain about things that haven't been relevant in the show for literal years.

But as an answer to OP, show's still alright, it got a bit worse in every category but is still good enough to be enjoyable, not accounting for personal taste and all. Though I think that says more about how damn good the show used to be than it is right now: old seasons were so good that even when the show got drastically worse it's still alright at worst as a hold off from the pure quality of earlier. Or something lik that, maybe that's just my personal opinion.

Islands looks like a damn dream and I hope it doesn't disappoint. However if they don't have Finn keep his robot arm or something cooler I'll toss a Molotov cocktail into Adam Muto's apartment.
>>
>>88590769
Those darn Lesbans.
>>
>>88596085
>Finn will always be shit no matter what you tell me
This is you.
>>
>>88590769
We are literally getting an adventure miniseries faggot
>>
>>88595655
All of it, especially all these cucks defending it desperately.
>>
File: 1481597327162.jpg (61KB, 573x619px) Image search: [Google]
1481597327162.jpg
61KB, 573x619px
>>88596688
They're not wrong though

>he still says cuck
>>
>>88580984
the arm was dumb but "everything stays" was the theme of that marcy arc. She took the bullet and grew as a person.
>>
>>88596688
Yeah, sure.
>>
>>88596785
Well since you're easily triggered by it, it should be used more often.

Mayaka is also a cuck.
>>
>>88580984
>arm regrew
No, his grass sword became his arm

>Marcy is a vampire again for no reason
By that logic she had no reason to be mortal
>>
File: 1446779907504.png (94KB, 194x210px) Image search: [Google]
1446779907504.png
94KB, 194x210px
>>88583530
this

BUT! I actually have been watching Adventure Time recently again, after I gave up after Breezy. It honestly seems like they know what they are doing again. They somehow turned it around
>>
>what went wrong
That implies it didn't start out wrong.
>>
>>88579255
A show like this cannot be allowed in Drumpf's AmeriKKKa
>>
>>88579255

You
>>
>>88596366
>B and I
>>
>>88593647
>That's what objectifies women retard, a woman isn't a reward for you to claim as your property. This is the message a feminist wants to get rid of. I wouldn't want my daughter to be seen as a reward, I want her to be seen as a person. That isn't a feminist agenda, well 3rd wave,

This post to me betrays complete lack of understanding the divide between fiction and reality.

See, in reality, there's no protagonist to the story, we're all pretty much side-characters of varying importance and even then it depends on the perspective.

But in fiction, especially a coming-of-age story, there is one. That character goes through hardships because that is interesting to the viewer. So at the end of the story, we want to see their efforts rewarded. If romance is a part of the story then we want to see them succeed in that field as well.

>the reason why feminism has a bad name.

The reason feminism has a bad name is because modern feminists are frankly insane.

>Regardless Finn does get the girl in "Flute Spell," so how does this even hold up?

I wouldn't know, I dropped the show when Finn stopped being the protagonist.
>>
>>88594110
Well... They ARE a feminist it seems.
>>
>>88579423
>Lesbians: The Animated Series
but that's steven universe.
>>
>>88579255
I consider mid s3 to be the real start of downfall. Plots were making less and less sense, Fire Princess was added only to be soft-dropped a short time later, the writing went downhill.
I dropped the show at Hugwolf. After that, I tried to watch newer episodes, but they were too fucking cringy (second Fiona episode, that Stakes arc)
>>
>>88599285
To me, the frustrating thing is, I LOVE lesbian drama. My favorite anime genre is actually shoujo ai, which literally translates to lesbian drama. Whenever I get lesbians doing lesbian things I just get all goey inside.

And that's just the thing, Adventure Time wasn't supposed to be about that. It was supposed to be about a young boy growing into adult-hood through trials and tribulation in an insane world of retro adventure. THAT was the point. The lesbian drama completely detracted from it and when it became popular and when the show became over 70% pandering... It just lost me.

If I want lesbian drama, I have better shows. Shows that will actually, you know, commit to the idea and not just dangle it in front of me because they can't actually do that shit on family-friendly network TV.
>>
>>88590645
>What plot lines didn't get finished or were forgotten?

Psychic Tandem War Elephant and Maja, for one.
>>
>>88584964
Finn is reminding me of Mordecai more and more. Rigby is like younger Jake.
>>
>>88590944
Wow, give this anon some space. Clearly criticizing his favorite children's cartoon show is just too much for him.
>>
>>88591243
Whether you claim it to be nostalgia or not, that doesn't mean it is nostalgia.
>>
>>88593647
>Finn gets HW
No he doesn't. He'll, by now I bet they're throwing random girls at him to give the impression of development
>>
File: 1449544566530.png (81KB, 336x348px) Image search: [Google]
1449544566530.png
81KB, 336x348px
I'm sure he'll improve eventually.
>>
>>88583405
>>88583530
Honestly I was expecting Finn to have his crushes get creepy not because of him being a creep but on how he's been taught to act by following PB's example. Princess Bubblegum is a manipulator and constantly backstabs, toys, or "experiments" with other people's emotions and Finn picked up some of those bad habits (Especially with Flame Princess & Breezy). This is coupled with the fact that he genuinely wanted to feel love from her but later on had to learn the hard truth that he was nothing more than a tool for her agendas. I'm not going to lie and say that Finn did not deserve his breakups, they helped him grow as a character in small ways but it seems that including the reincarnation & comet arc has shown Finn that for most people he's just a sword to them.
>>
>>88579255
It began taking itself seriously.
>>
>>88601001
>helped him grow and improved him
I don't see it all senpai. WWM shoulda been a solid end to his crush on PB and they work things out from there.
>>
when the show became Waifu: The show; The series
>>
>>88601054
Yeah, the big problem with Finn's relationship with PB is that there's absolutely no narrative reason for him to even care about her. The story is trying to cramm in the idea that he is a guardian and her knight, but he has NO in-character reason to accept this. They are being shown as friends but again, he has NO reason to feel any kind of sympathy for her, given everything that's happened.

In all likelihood, at this point he should have abandoned her, only to contact her sporadically perhaps, the idea that they would still stay on good terms is completely contrived.

The problem here is of course that for a coming-of-age story, Finn never grows out of his childish desire to be a white knight. He never actually internalizes all the horrible things that happen to him and doesn't arrive at a logical conclusion, that conclusion being that he really SHOULD be a bit more cynical.

Everything about Finn as a character is at this point completely contrived and of course the reason is, the creators want to present a certain narrative, but have no idea how to make it well, convincingly, and within the bounds of the setting they've established.

I am kind of reminded of the development of the Mass Effect series. What started as one thing became something else entirely, causing cognitive dissonance in the viewers and creating a narrative full of holes.
>>
File: 1427992171165.png (106KB, 500x283px) Image search: [Google]
1427992171165.png
106KB, 500x283px
>>88601182
I agree.

where did it all go wrong?
>>
>>88590645
>What downfall is there?
the one around season 5 somewhere
>>
Why do we have this topic again? I feel sad for AT but i don't want to discuss its problems again and again
>>
>>88603112
>/tumblr/
>r/adventuretime
>/landofooo/
>>
I dropped Adventure Time after 2 things happened.

1. That episode with Princess Bubblegum and Marceline lezzing out in front of a magic door and singing songs to each other the entire episode.

2. Don't remember the episode title but its at the end, ots nighttime with gumball guardians in the bg, and PB tells Finn to fuck off and he is banned from the Candy Kingdom. Next episode everything returns to status quo.
>>
>>88601326
I remember when it was still 2013 too anon
>>
>>88601148
How so?
>>
>>88603814
Season 3: "What Was Missing"
That's the first episodes you described. Are you just autistic? What fron their interaction suggests they were "lezzing out." Are you literally retarded?

The only episode PB banned Finn from the Candy Kingdom was "Go With Me," and it was because she didn't feel safe with Finn acting weird.
>next episode is status quo
She said to him "until you stop," not "good bye forever" you fucking imbecile
>>
>>88603849
Everyone started dating everyone and the entire show went from fun and crazy dnd-like adventures to Relationships: the series
>>
>>88603552
>wahh let me bitch about shit 3 years ago wahh
All you guys want to do is be mad at something
>>
>>88590466
>HE DIDN'T GET HIS ARM BACK, THE GRASS SWORD BECAME HIS ARM

Which was totally meaningless (since it was functionally and aesthetically identical) for about what? A season, season and a half? It's cool that he's finally got the robo arm and all but it kinda feels like it's a reaction to the backlash from him getting his arm back.
>>
>>88601231
Season 6, it was a subpar season. Everyone else that cares about the show has moved on enjoying season 7 and getting ready for season 8. I have no idea what you faggots are still doing crying about shit from 2013.
>>
>>88579255
too much romantic plotlines that went nowhere
too little adventures
>>
>>88601182
>Finn has no reason to care about her
Finn wants to help anyone in need, it just so happens the largest kingdom in Ooo has a lot of shit to deal with and need assistance with. You make it sound like she has done nothing for him. She cared about Finn, she gave him a like-like sweater to keep him warm, but it was worrying about a close friend, no because she wanted to date him. She saved both Finn & Jake's lives in "Lady & Peebles " so I have no idea what you're talking about. She saved everyone's lives in "James," if not for her quick thinking everyone would have died marking the end of the show, yet you guys would rather this happen than a minor character that showed up once to live. She cares deeply about Finn, but she is not obligated to date him. By that logic Marceline and Finn have no reason to be friends, in What Was Missing Finn refers to them all as his best friends. Finn and PB still hang out platonically, in Pajama Wars. So no, them being on good terms is justified. You're stating a lot of bullshit with nothing backing it up. Describing something while failing to even get at what. Finn just wants to help people, it's your projecting that makes you seem him as a white-knight.
>>
File: 640.png (127KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
640.png
127KB, 640x360px
>>88600014
He did get the girl, just not for forever. They both admitted feelings, but due to HW's morals she said both of them, being magnificant beings, cannot be together. He picked up a girl whether you want to admit it or not, and he definately isn't a cuck at this point.
>>
>>88599916
There is no other way to judge whether the very minor tones and ways storyboarders put together the episodes is better other than nostalgia. Or rather it's completely influenced by it. That "charm" IS nostalgia you're referring to.
>>
>>88599903
I have no problem with criticisms, but if I can show you why your criticism doesn't make any sense you should probably omit it.
>>
>>88599626
>I'll just call something a plot line and it will become one
Just because we didn't see what happened to LSP after she got bionic enchancements doesn't mean they didn't finish a plot line. Really this is a loaded question technically, as you can never say there is one until the series actually ends.
>>
>>88603935
Circular logic, he never go his arm back. He problem here is that the appendage he got wasn't a bionic arm
>>
File: 640-1.png (388KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
640-1.png
388KB, 640x360px
>>88603935
>functionally and aesthetically identical
His new arm would be able to do way more than what a bionic one would. But of course you would ignore this, because it wasn't a bionic.
>>
>>88603920
When? /co/ ships have nothing to do with the entire show
>>
>>88604005
We have far more adventure episodes than episodes advancing a romantic relationship
https://adventuretime.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_episodes
>>
>>88590349
>How does this make any sense?
>hurr what are idioms?

ATfags everyone.
>>
>>88601001
>PB is evil meme
Who has she betrayed? Why do you faggots act like her actions aren't justified? Even then, why does this matter in season 7? You're complainig about shit that the show has already moved passed.
>he was a tool for her agenda
How so?
>>
>>88604449
Go on and explain what you mean then
>>
>>88599626
https://youtu.be/rRU3jDI8I8E
>Maja is in a coma and might never wake up
There you go, not that anon, but I don't see how this is a plot line either
>>
>>88601148
Adventure Time has basically gone out of its way to make every female character as un-waifuable as possible. Only ones who think otherwise are probably lesbians themselves.
>>
File: 1481381557744.png (157KB, 594x674px) Image search: [Google]
1481381557744.png
157KB, 594x674px
>>88594230
Canyon, cause in all honesty in her two appearances she hasn't devolved into anything annoying and actually got Finn to do shit

plus cute as hell
>>
>>88605977
that and making Finn a worse beta than Mordeicai from RS

>he literally gets cucked from every fucking princess
>some of them out right tell him he's cucked
>>
>>88607160
>he doesn't know what cuck means
0/10 try harder faggot
>>
>>88604080
See, here's the thing.

Nobody's saying that PB or any other character is obligated to date Finn.

However from a narrative standpoint, a story about a young boy growing up and coming into adulthood HAS TO BE realistic. You have to be able to look at it and go "yeah, I get why he's acting that way. that's stupid, but I was a teenager once, I get that. I know what I would have done and this actually makes sense".

With Finn I don't get it. I suffered enough break-ups in my life to know that a lasting friendly relationship does NOT appear in it's wake, ESPECIALLY if you're a teenager.

By all accounts, Finn should absolutely hate PB and Flame Princess.

And yet he doesn't. He seemingly moved past all of that without any sort of catharsis, without any hang-ups.

And why? Because the story needs him as the white knight. Don't fool yourself, THAT'S the reason.

And that's why I say his character is completely contrived, because the creators are INCAPABLE of coming up with a believable justification for characters acting the way they do.
>>
Holy fuck the latest episodes barely broke the 1m rating, this show is fucking doomed, they can't air two more seasons of this. I predict that if the ratings don't pick up they will drop the tv release and dump them online Korra style.
>>
>>88579255
We have MagicSwords now, That's the same.
>>
>>88579255
I maintain that not only was Breezy good, but it was the last truly good episode of this show. But everyone always thinks I'm trolling when I say that. I stuck with this show longer than most of /co/, but it eventually sunk in that it had no "master plan." It didn't know what to do with Finn's character or with the universe it was set in. Everything was improvised.

That's what went wrong.
>>
>>88608874
>a lasting friendly relationship does NOT appear in it's wake, ESPECIALLY if you're a teenager.
sounds like a personal problem
>>
>>88609120
Yeah, I have a personal problem with this highly unrealistic narrative about a teenage boy coming into adulthood.

If you think it's realistic, that's great? Of course it's gonna be subjective, that's a nature of narration, how contrived a given plot-line comes off as entirely depends on the viewer and every plot is to some extent contrived (because in the end a story is told for a reason and everything in it is there to deliver the intended message, if a story isn't written with a message in mind it will fail immediately because it's gonna be incoherent). Which explains the popularity of such shows like Sword Art Online or Game of Thrones.

But to say that my analysis is wrong, just because it's subjective is kind of like arguing that Mexican food is bad because it's spicy. Of course it's spicy, that's the core principle of Mexican food. You might not like spicy, but no matter how much you like non-spicy a non-spicy Mexican food isn't going to be a good example of Mexican good, BECAUSE IT'S NOT SPICY.
>>
>>88609056
That was entirely because CN didn't air those episodes at all, the rest of the show will do fine in the ratings as long as CN doesn't fuck it over again.

If they do then whatever, they'll probably air the rest of the episodes anyway and really that's the important thing. They only got like 50 left after all.
>>
>>88609087
While I actually agree with you that Breezy was good (great even) I don't think it was the last good episode. Also it should have been plainly obvious before that there was no master plan.
>>
>>88609056
>put the show on constant hiatus
>don't advertise promos for new episodes
>put the show on inconsistent scheduling
Well no wonder the ratings didn't do great. Steven Universe barely made 1.2 million in its latest premiere, the ratings are down across the board in general.
>>
>>88609087
Even if Breezy was alright there have been episodes after that were so much better, I don't get your critique. Even if Finn's character is muddy they can still make good episodes with him or other characters, and they have. Is That You was a 10/10 and that was just a little after Breezy.
>>
>>88579255
Well they could have kept it straight wacky random adventures but then they wanted plot advancement but they mostly just teased it and whenever they actually had something happen it was very rushed and didn't really change the status quo and now they're trying to devote more time for plot but it's too little too late and most people already got tired of waiting forever and left.
>>
>>88609087
Have you even seen season 7? There are tons of great episodes. S7 is about as good as S4
>>
>>88609705
>the ratings are down across the board in general.
Why is that? Is it CN or is it all kids networks?
>>
>>88608874
>anecdotal evidence
Do you expect me to take you seriously? Not an argument.

>Finn should hate PB and FP
PB has literally saved his life twice, enough with your self-insertion.

>he should hate FP
It was his fault for why they broke up you mong? Finn should be lucky enough that she even forgave him.

>his character is flawed because of my self-insertion
Why don't you go kill yourself?
>>
>>88609590
>unrealistic because I won't act that way
*yawn*

>my analysis is right
It's wrong because you self-inserted, not because it's subjective. Your self-insertion isn't Finn, you're adding variables that weren't even present. Because you wouldn't act that way doesn't mean it's all illogical, what degree of autism do you have?
>>
>>88604266

How is that circular logic exactly? Him getting the grass arm was basically meaningless since they did absolutely nothing with it for so long. It was just oooh what's the thorn gonna do?! If they had explored him adjusting to the new arm or whatever it would be fine but as I said earlier it was functionally and aesthetically the same as his old arm so it felt like nothing changed.

>>88604312

>His new arm would be able to do way more than what a bionic one would.

Sure it would but they squandered the opportunity for some time. There's about 60 episodes between his arm growing back and the image you posted.

>But of course you would ignore this, because it wasn't a bionic.

You're putting words in my mouth buddy.
>>
>>88609770
CN ratings for its shows have declined in general, regardless of the show. If you're like me and actually look at the ratings all the shows make, AT, RS, TAWOG, and SU all have declining ratings. It's down across the entire channel.
>>
>>88609087
Breezy was shit man
>Finn's depressed, actually interesting plotline
>gets roughly felt up by LSP
>is only cured of his issues because he resolves to be PB's bootlicker until he dies of old age

It was like the perfect encapsulation of the way the show shit's on Finn for no reason and he ends up feeling better for shitty reasons that don't let him evolve in interesting ways. Fuck Breezy.
>>
What became annoying about this show was how people kept going on about the Marceline episodes and saying those were the shows best episodes. Some even going so far as to say that they're the only ones worth watching. Which is horseshit.

Having said that, the show should've ended a while ago.
>>
>>88609919
>how is it circular logic
>It seems that they did it due to the backlash for him regrowing his arm
He never regrew his arm, I explained this to you already.

>nothing changed
>slothful deduction
>special pleading
His arm didn't do nothing, he has had multiple cases of his arm acting up.
>functionally the same
So it acts like an arm? So what? Was a bionic arm supposed to behave like a leg?
>aestheically similar
>"wahh he didn't get a robot arn"
So what? There have been enough moments for one to deduce that the grass sword became his arm.

>it felt like nothing changed
And that's how it should've been. I wouldn't want multiple episodes about how cool Finn's new robot arm is.

>about 60 episode difference
Hardly, multiple times throughout season 6 and 7 Finn sees his grass sword. The Comet, May I Come In?, Crossover, Reboot, I am a Sword

What are you complaining about then? That Finn's arm was replaced by the grass sword, and when repressed looked like his normal one? This just looks like a complaint the writers didn't do what YOU wanted to happen.
>>
>>88610084
They only say that because they like Marceline. You should know this, and not take those replies seriously

>show should've ended a while ago
Why? We would've missed out on the improvement that was season 7.
>>
>>88609904
>>88609827

Yoooou don't really understand the point of a coming-of-age story do you?

To spell it out for you, you are SUPPOSED to insert yourself in the role of the protagonist, because the point of this narrative is for you to be uplifted, empowered, it's to give you hope.

Any analysis of this kind of story will necessarily involve a degree of bias.

>Not an argument.

An argument for what? No, I'm serious, what did you think I wanted to argue for exactly?
>>
>>88610193
>coming-of-age story
>implying
The problem is you self-inserted and get upset because the show is supposed to conform to your taste.
>>
>>88610231
If by that you mean that Adventure Time presented certain expectations and then failed to deliver on those then yes, that's correct.

I find the "if you don't like the show it's your fault, you could just like it" argument to the stupidest shit ever.
>>
>>88610181
>Why? We would've missed out on the improvement that was season 7.

Better than season 6, but the show is obviously past its prime. It doesn't matter though, because when this show ends co will inevitably turn on it just like numerous other shows they used to like.
>>
>>88609958
Now how long will you complain about it. Shit's almost 2 seasons old.
>>
>>88610302
>past its prime
Define. Back then season 3 was the best, next season 2, then 1, then 4. What does it mean to pass its prime, and why does it matter? Why do you act like a show can never improve in quality to where it was as enjoyable as the earlier seasons? /co/ is so fixated on the idea once something bad happens, it will always be bad. Notice how all of this thread is bitching about shit from 3 years ago. I wonder why no one is giving season 7 the same treatment
>>
>>88591558
I still enjoy his first appearance the most. Everything else has been kinda lackluster for me.
>>
>>88610133
Still not circular logic.

>His arm didn't do nothing, he has had multiple cases of his arm acting up.

Okay and the earliest example you gave is The Comet which is still ~37 episodes later.

>So it acts like an arm? So what? Was a bionic arm supposed to behave like a leg?

No but maybe you could show him getting used to it for an episode.

>And that's how it should've been. I wouldn't want multiple episodes about how cool Finn's new robot arm is.

You don't need a bunch of episodes but losing an arm and getting a new one should be a pretty fucking big deal.

>What are you complaining about then?

I'm complaining that they just rushed back to the status quo.
>>
>>88610285
It is you fault retard because you're making yourself dislike it. It doesn't have to be that way. You dislike this argument because you can't refute it, you don't want to change your opinions, so you just claim an argument is stupid because you can't refute it. It is your fault you don't like the show, not the show's. It doesn't make the show bad, it just isn't for you.
>>
>>88610357
I think season 4 had the best balance of comedy and emotion, and probably had the shows strongest episodes overall. Season1 was best for pure comedy. Season 6 tried to go the opposite direction, being more dramatic and arty, but it didn't really work. Season 7 isn't bad, but kind of dull.

Many years later I would still say that The Simpsons probably peaked around season 7, so opinions don't always fluctuate with time.
>>
>>88610404
Iiiiii rest my case. No really, I give up, I don't think there is point talking to you.
>>
>>88610402
~37 episodes
Your point was they hadn't touched upon it, not the episode difference. Of course you would go to this, as them not touching on it has been disproven above.

>show him getting used to it
That's just your opinion, this isn't the show failing to deliver, it's you not getting what YOU wanted to see, and assblasted by it.

>should be a pretty big deal
Why?

>rushed back to status quo
But they didn't, Finn never got back his own arm.
>>
>>88579255
Shipping bullshit, unnecessary drama and no more adventures
>>
>>88579255
It all stared at Flame Princess so I blame her.
>>
>>88610468
Not an argument
>>
>>88610306
Shitty stuff doesn't have an expiration date on it, I'll complain about it for as long as it shows how the show's kind of shitty.

If we only discussed current things about the show the only thing we could talk about is "Can't wait for Islands to air" and that's it, would you prefer that fag?
>>
>>88579255
Creator left, so the true inspiration was gone.
Sugar left, so a strong writer was gone.
The remainders chose to go a deconstructive route where Finn fucks everything up and shits the bed.
It was bad.
>>
>>88610491
>shipping bullshit, unnecessary drama
2012 was fun, no?

>no more adventures
http://adventuretime.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_episodes#Season_7:_2015-2016
>implying
We are literally getting a mini-series dedicated to adventuring Islands.
There are plent of adventures in season 7, Mama Said, Crossover, The Stakes miniseries, Angel Face (although a BMO adventure, President Porpoise is Missing, Beyond the Grotto, Preboot
>>
>>88610542
I point it out because if you watch season 7, literally nothing is suggesting the Breezy ever happened. So why does it matter? It's quality had no effect on any other episode; it's self-containtled. You have no reason to he upset other than it happened, and you're letting this prevent you from seeing the show in a good light despite all the great that the show has givem recently
>>
>>88605977
I always got the feeling they were so worried about not making the female characters only be there as a "prize" for the hero that they made that a priority above meaningful interaction between characters. I don't usually call on the boogeyman but it was all so that the feminists wouldn't be upset.
>>
>>88610472
>Your point was they hadn't touched upon it, not the episode difference. Of course you would go to this, as them not touching on it has been disproven above.

Actually if you go back and read my other posts my complaints are that they didn't do anything with it for a long time.

>That's just your opinion, this isn't the show failing to deliver, it's you not getting what YOU wanted to see, and assblasted by it.

Okay first of all I'm sorry I've somehow hurt your feelings by criticizing the show, but guess what? It's not perfect. I still love it and think that it's gotten better each season but that doesn't mean I won't say how it could be improved.

>Why?

Because he lost a part of his fucking body? Should be a pretty big deal. Getting it back should be a big deal too. Ever see video of someone trying out an advanced prosthetic limb? Tends to be a pretty emotional thing.

>But they didn't, Finn never got back his own arm.

But it was functionally the same for ages. How is it being no different from his old arm for 37 episodes not returning to the status quo? They only did anything with it a handful of times over the next two seasons.
>>
>>88610548
Season 5 was a bumpy ride, what else is new? Rebecca Sugar/Muto episodes weren't the only good ones, so it isn't necessary for great epiodes to happen. I'm looking foward to see what Aleks Sennwald had to offer. Pen still works on episodes, he just isn't the showrunner because he is an introvert. The only thing that changed is Muto is the social one and takes Pen's place in interacting with the media.
>>
>>88609056
CN will most likely burn the episodes off before the movie happens in a desperate one last hurrah
>>
>>88610632
>didn't do anything for a long time
And once they revealed it has power it began making multiple appearances. So what?

>critism
It isn't a critism because it's a preference. It is something you wanted to see, and that doesn't make it better. That's all it is,it isn't "hurr the fucking showrunners are cucks they didn't do this." That's what I'm getting at. I have no problem with, "I would have liked to see this happen." I have a problem with "this show is shit because the writers didn't do this." Literally cancer that /sug/ is dealing with.

>emotional thing
The Tower already covered this then, Finn WAS adjusting to prosthetics, and he was down about it. He just got his grass sword/arm and then didn't think much of it. You're forgetting that the season 6 finale was supposed to be the reveal of his grass sword arm, that's why you were supposed to be anticipating what the torn meant.
>>
>>88609087
>I maintain that not only was Breezy good, but it was the last truly good episode of this show.
I can't believe humans like you exist
>>
>>88609087
The fact of not planning out everything isn't detestable, it's the execution.
>>
File: 183476190132483756427.jpg (41KB, 562x420px) Image search: [Google]
183476190132483756427.jpg
41KB, 562x420px
>tfw I agree with basically every complain in this thread to some degree but AT is still my favorite cartoon

Not gonna act like the show isn't a bit of a shitshow, but it's a very charming shitshow and I appreciate that they try interesting things even if they fuck it up basically every time.

I think people don't give the show enough credit but maybe that's just me, and after everyone and their mother were praising the show to the high heavens a scant few years ago so I guess it's just karma or something.
>>
>>88610797
>And once they revealed it has power it began making multiple appearances. So what?

Here to help you understand where I'm coming from my complaint about the grass sword arm was that it was meaningless for a while (I said season or season and a half it, the actual number we've both agreed upon is 37 episodes).

>It isn't a critism because it's a preference. It is something you wanted to see, and that doesn't make it better. That's all it is,it isn't "hurr the fucking showrunners are cucks they didn't do this." That's what I'm getting at. I have no problem with, "I would have liked to see this happen." I have a problem with "this show is shit because the writers didn't do this." Literally cancer that /sug/ is dealing with.

When the fuck did I say any of that shit? I even just said a post ago that I love the show and I think it's gotten better with each season. Don't put all the bullshit in this thread on my head.

>The Tower already covered this then, Finn WAS adjusting to prosthetics, and he was down about it.

He wasn't adjusting to prosthetics he had a psychic arm that went away.

>He just got his grass sword/arm and then didn't think much of it.

It would have been more believable if he had more of a reaction to it.

>You're forgetting that the season 6 finale was supposed to be the reveal of his grass sword arm, that's why you were supposed to be anticipating what the torn meant.

Not really sure why that matters with my main complaint.
>>
>>88611020
>meaningless for awhile
At least it isn't meaningless now, or even relevant for that matter

The absence of the grass sword was to build anticipation from the thorn, so no it wasn't meaningless.
>>
>>88611020
>special pleading about Finn not adjusting
He was literally having difficulty with the hazard PB first gave him
>>
File: 1423205026597.gif (364KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
1423205026597.gif
364KB, 300x225px
>>88610868
People just get too upset the way the plot is handled. The truth the writers don't care about the deepest lore fags or they'd spend more time during the seasons themselves to delve into the plot deeper. The plot has never been the focus. Neither has romance been. The focus has always been on new adventures and experiences of the titular characters and since the series has ran so long they spread out and gave more time to some of the main cast. Adventure Time has changed in its long run but as many weaknesses as its had its still entertaining to watch regardless of what a bunch of random geeks say about it online.
>>
File: adventure.png (444KB, 1024x626px) Image search: [Google]
adventure.png
444KB, 1024x626px
Season 1-3 of Adventure Time is goddamn comfy. I hesitate to say nostalgia, but they really bring me to some good times.

As for new AT, some of it is good, but overall it feels kinda rushed and un-even.
>>
imo the quality of individual episodes of this show are as good as they've ever been if not better, it's just that the overarching plot has become so hilariously bungled and it drags down the show overall
>>
>>88612320
>t. random asskisser
>>
>>88579255
everything

/thread
>>
File: 1481418075659.jpg (6KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1481418075659.jpg
6KB, 250x250px
>>88615119
>/threading your own post
>>
>>88610404
>It is your fault you don't like the show
This is your problem. You think the show is some kind of God send when it's well past the tipping point. People are telling you it's shit and you can't accept it so you say there's something wrong with everyone else.
>>
>>88615843
No, I'm explaining to them their reasons for hating the show are infiuenced and based on individual taste, so it's not the show's fault they're displeased. Read the thread before your reply.
>>
>>88615843
Let me be more specific, if you stopped watching because you don't see Choose Goose, you can't say the show is shit. /co/ is just so used to saying something is shit and never defend it. Little do you guys know you can never call a show shit, you just don't like it. Grow up out of this mentality that is ubiquitous, it's cancer killing this board.
>>
I have to admit

The ATIDF runs hard and goes deep
>>
>>88579255
Finn never got gay with a prince.
>>
File: IMG_0290.jpg (237KB, 1280x1892px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0290.jpg
237KB, 1280x1892px
Lack of this guy is what killed the show for me
>>
>>88618115
That'd be better than bubbleline
>>
>>88618097
>ATIDF
What does this acronym stand for?
>>
>>88618193
Adventure Time Internet Defense Force
>>
File: 640-2.png (225KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
640-2.png
225KB, 640x360px
>>88618115
>implying
>>
>>88618228
A not ugly prince. There's got to be others out there.
>>
>>88618214
What do you call the group that makes the same exact thread just about every other week? The one that's always "what went wrong" or any one sentence thread questioning AT's status?
>>
>>88579255
Rebecca Sugar
>>
File: 600.png (126KB, 600x815px) Image search: [Google]
600.png
126KB, 600x815px
>>88618238
>special pleading
Prince Huge is ugly? He's gorgeous
>>
>>88618263
2swole
>>
>>88579255
IT"S A FUCKING SHIT SHOW.

Get over yourselves. God you assholes ruined /co/ and the entire animation industry with your autistic and pretentious web series.

Fucks fucking sake first Chowder then Flapjack then this abomination. I'd rather eat all 6 seasons of Johnny Test if it meant all the other cartoons would stop copying Flapjack and Adventure Time's retard writing. When they start shoving morals it just makes me wanna launch a cuban missile into their studio.

These are the idiots who made "uninteresting normal voices" a trend.
>>
File: IMG_0775.png (560KB, 1227x832px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0775.png
560KB, 1227x832px
Is Simon Petrikov waifu material
>>
>>88618294
foru
>>
>>88618295
Here's your (You) now shoo
>>
The show stopped being funny after season 1.

Rebecca Sugar joined the team in season 2.

>It Came from the Nightosphere
>Power Animal
>The Chamber of Frozen Blades
>The Real You
>Susan Strong
>Mortal Folly
>Morituri Te Salutamus
>Hitman
>Fionna and Cake
>What Was Missing
>Beautopia
>Jake vs. Me-Mow
>Incendium
>Hot to the Touch
>Daddy's Little Monster
>Gotcha!
>Burning Low
>Lady & Peebles
>I Remember You

Adam Muto gets promoted in season 5.

>Jake the Dog
>Bad Little Boy
>Simon & Marcy

Rebecca Sugar leaves to make her cancer show Steven Universe.
>>
>>88618450
>show quit being funny after season 1
>>88614911
This thread disagrees with you

>Rebecca left
I'll admit she is the reason we don't get anymore kickass songs, but we got great episodes regardless of Rebecca was there or not, so we don't need her for great episodes, she wasn't the only one writing great episodes.

Adam becoming the show runner has no effect on the show. The only thing that changed was he speaks on the show's behalf, not Pen; Pen's an introvert. Pen still provides feedback and insight on episodes, he even storyboarded an episode for season 8
>>
>>88599337
>My favorite anime genre is actually shoujo ai,

Great, a weeb faggot.
>>
>>88609120
Sounds like the norm when relationships end for teenagers.
>>
>>88618450
>Rebecca Sugar leaves to make her cancer show Steven Universe

Fuck off, /tlhg/.
>>
I haven't been following this for years now, is it true that it's finished and those few new episodes are just a short spin off?
>>
>>88618798
This. He did have resentment for PB's manipulative acts, but that was wiped up quickly.
>>
>>88621560
No, there's 2 seasons left. There's a "miniseries" called Islands coming up next month, but really it's just an 8-episode story arc like last season's Stakes. They get their own intros though, which is cool.
>>
>>88603910
Look dude I dont fucking watch this show every waking moment of my life Im not going to remember much of anything.

Yeah because blushing over a shirt totally isnt lezbo shit.

No, she fucking bans him and the episode ends there expecting us to fill out the empty part. Thats called bad writing. Im glad I dropped this shit show before it got any worse, but seeing as youre still sticking around with your encyclopedic knowledge of the show I can suggest that you go fucking kill yourself for being a cartoon neckbesrd elitist.
>>
>>88579412
Underrated
>>
>>88624325
>blushing over a shirt is lesbians
How's the mormon life treating you?

>she bans him
Here's the exact quote:
Princess Bubblegum: [Sadly] I'm sorry to do this, Finn. But until you stop acting like a psycho, you're forbidden from entering the Candy Kingdom. Farewell.

Know what this means? It's a temporary ban. There was no returning to status quo here, she gave him a temporary ban, which is why he is seen at the Candy Kingdom in future episodes.
>>
>>88583776
>thatsthejoke.jpg
>>
File: 1481499048949.jpg (56KB, 542x400px) Image search: [Google]
1481499048949.jpg
56KB, 542x400px
>>88624325
>episode ends there expecting us to fill...
No, Finn went back the the Tree Fort, Marceline kissed his cheek and flew off. Then Finn spent the rest of the episode hanging out with her.
Thread posts: 339
Thread images: 37

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.