[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What did you think of it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_0930.jpg (59KB, 313x470px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0930.jpg
59KB, 313x470px
What did you think of it
>>
Still trying to find the meaning behind ot but overall pretty good
>>
All I remember was the plot was about the entire Springfield Lake was polluted to shit so the President sealed all of Springfield in a Dome

It really did feel like an extended TV episode since many seasons later Burns becomes President and identifies Greenpeace as a Terrorist Organization which grants him the legal ability to pollute the shit outta the entire planet
>>
>>88572269
I remember being excited and enjoying it. Although I was 16 at the time.
>>
>>88572313

The meaning is there was no meaning the marketability behind the film is its for Die Hard Simpsons fans who never miss an episode

Not sure if these people are the same stature as they were back during the movies release since I am convinced The Simpsons like Family Guy exists as Fox's tax write off.
>>
File: 1480977859327.jpg (162KB, 1915x796px) Image search: [Google]
1480977859327.jpg
162KB, 1915x796px
'Twas okay.
>>
eskimo shaman bullshit aside it was pretty ok
>>
>>88572334

In terms of memorability the one thing remember the most about the film was Spider Pig and

>I was elected to lead not to read.
>>
Could have passed for a decent season 11 episode I guess? Meh
>>
>>88572269
I think I really want a doughnut now.
>>
>>88572334
I was around the same age when I saw it also. Still remember going to a packed out theatre in Sydney to see it.
>>
>>88572468

Homer slow down you might choke.
>>
>>88572269
I enjoyed it. Not every joke hit, but a lot did.

>the worst day of your life SO FAR!
>>
File: IMG_1281.gif (996KB, 450x338px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1281.gif
996KB, 450x338px
>>88572508
No need.
>>
>>88572269
When it came out, I knew it was kinda bad but I ended up watching it 4+ times with my family in the theatres, and the DVD probably a hundred times.
>>
>>88572560

>God he eats like a pig
>Nah Pigs tend to chew he kinda eats more like a duck
>>
It was dreadful. It was like they took the mediocrity of neosimpsons, spliced it with the ills of animated tie ins and Hollywood summer blockbusters of the time, and stretched it out to an hour and a half reminder that the Simpsons are dead
>>
>>88572583

Hey in hindsight that was the same mentality put into the 2nd SpongeBob Movie

+ Fox already has plans to make another Simpsons movie.
>>
>>88572325
Oh man is this deforestation fetish guy?

Would you fuck a female Burns?
>>
>>88572353
Who the fuck cuts a hedge like that?
>>
It has a really strong 'modern Simpsons' feel, but also feels old in some aspects. It's okay, I suppose. It sure could've been WAY worse. I'm wondering what it could've been like to actually have the movie from the 90's.
>>
>>88572629

Does art of that exist?

That sounds fucking disgusting.
>>
File: vbfhbfhngh.jpg (36KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
vbfhbfhngh.jpg
36KB, 1280x720px
>>88572637

Gladys Sharp after trying to kill the animals who ruined her property values
>>
>>88572657
There probably is.

But seriously, would you? Doesn't his character pretty much already do the shit you fetishize?
>>
File: Stepford Wives.gif (4MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Stepford Wives.gif
4MB, 480x360px
>>88572687

Burns isn't exactly attractive enough to make Rule 63 out of.
>>
>>88572269
The entire film screamed "WE'RE PG-13, LOOK AT WHAT WE CAN DO. WE'RE PG-13, LOOK AT WHAT WE CAN DO. OTTO SMOKING A BONG. MARGE SAYING GOD DAMN. BART'S PENIS!!!!
>>
>>88572269
came out too late

had it come out in the 90's-early 2000's, it would've been a good movie
>>
>>88572647
Modern feel probably comes from the modern animation style, that kinda smooth look with the heavy black outline. But I agree I did certinely have a odd blend of classic Simpsons and newer humour wise.
>>
>>88573079
Late 90s/early 2000s Simpsons was already going to crap, though.

It should've come out around 1990-1996. Then it would've been perfect.
>>
>>88572353
MODS

CP
>>
>>88573261
>>88573079
I honestly feel like if it had been made in le golden age either the show or this hypothetical '90s movie would have suffered, because they'd have to either have writers working on both at the same time or take away some from the show to work on the movie. We'd have a different movie for sure but also a different show. At least with the movie being made during a bunch of seasons no one really cares about they could actually get a bunch of the original writers working on it at once.

I don't think it needed a movie in the first place. It's not that kind of show really.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.