[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was his endgame?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 3

File: Xanatos-gargoyles.jpg (14KB, 397x300px) Image search: [Google]
Xanatos-gargoyles.jpg
14KB, 397x300px
What was his endgame?
>>
>>88563549
World domination.
>>
>>88563549

To first prove the existence of magic, normalize it, and harness it for global domination.

In the event it backfires, Xanatos is the only man with tech needed to keep it in check, he still wins.

If other magic entities try to fuck with them, his father in Law is literally the king of magic, he wins.

Break Xanatos and now you have two Xanatos. Xanatos win every time.
>>
>>88563639

HE CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH THIS.
>>
Why doesn't he just push the gargoyle statues off the building during the day?
>>
>>88563569
Not really.
His end game was immortality.
>>
theres a sudden influx of gargoyles threads has there been an announcement or something?
>>
>>88564634
He didn't really want them dead, since they kept proving they were useful to have around even as enemies. He did want them out of his home, and Macbeth managed that just fine.
>>
>>88564673
We just want to fuck them.
>>
What it always is anon

Power over everything by whatever means
>>
>>88563549
Be immortal, powerful, and fuck his hot wife.

>>88564673
Probably increase awareness of the campaign to get more Gargoyles comics.
>>
I wish we had another villain like him. his methods and goals are evil but he always kept the demeanor of a really nice guy just doing it for business.

It's much more interesting than petty manchildren like Lex Luthor, who act spiteful and self-absorbed all the damn time.
>>
>>88565603
Scorpius from Farscape
>>
>>88563639

He is many things, but everywhere, he is God.
>>
>>88563549
Eternal Life, which is a bitch for a human to get. Demona and Macbeth have it, he never ran across a genie, Oberon doesn't like him, Puck isn't going to do it for him. All he needs are dragon balls and he'd be set.

>>88564634
How would be benefit from their death? Opposition exists to be beaten, not circumvented.
>>
>>88564795

Surprisingly accurate.
>>
>>88565955
Puck offered him a wish. And Xanatos wished for a lifetime of servitude from Owen rather than any other wish from Puck, including immortality.

Of course knowing Puck he would have figured out a way to screw Xanatos over with a wish from immortality.
>>
>>88564650

And winning. But hs definition of "winning" varied quite a bit.
>>
>>88565955
>he never ran across a genie
He'd probably be too concerned that they're the 'monkey's paw' type of wish granter and would fuck it over on word play.

That said, it would have been interesting to see him counter it.
>>
>>88565603

I never saw Xanatos as evil. Just morally ambiguous. He had goals and was willing to do anything to achieve them. Then he gets married and has a child and that diverts his ambitions from what he wants to what's best for his family.
>>
>>88566087
Exactly. He played a villain without being a cliché. Even helps the good guys time to time.
>>
>>88563549
>Go! Xanatos! Go out and keikaku to the extreme!
>I will! Thank you father!
>>
>>88566020

Puck has admitted that Xanatos' choice is the only reason he likes him. He expected him to go for the immortality and get the monkey paw but Xanatos felt Owen was more useful. It makes sense when you figure that at any one time Xanatos probably has 4 or 5 different ideas on how to achieve immortality.
>>
>>88565603
He's Tony Stark without the cave-scraps and daddy issues.
>>
>>88568286
He has different daddy issues, but daddy issues nonetheless. Remember how desperately he wanted to impress his old man with his self-made man schtick.
>>
>>88568374
Given how much his dad constantly put him down, who could blame him?
>>
>>88563549
The whole point of his shenanigans is that there's no endgame. He keeps himself on the edge for any event.
>>
File: 1411389099195.jpg (65KB, 2000x1028px) Image search: [Google]
1411389099195.jpg
65KB, 2000x1028px
>that episode where Xanatos gets punked by his goliath clone
>>
Fuck bitches and get riches.
>>
>>88563549
Immortality
>>
>>88565603
Xanatos was a prime grade A antivillain.
>>
Man, can you imagine what would happen if him and R'as al Ghul ever butted heads?
The world would be so out-keikaku'd it'd keep spinning out of mere confusion.
>>
>>88563549
To be a hotter Tony Stark.
>>
>>88563549
To get his hands on those precious, precious Gargleberrys from Garglehollow.
>>
>>88569614
>the mad doctor goes along with Thailog's orders because, fuck it, kidnapping his own weapon seems like exactly the sort of thing Xanatos would do.
>>
>>88570041
Stark, Xanatos and Bruce Wayne must all hate each other.
>>
>>88570100
This is the same mad scientist who wore old man makeup and faked his own death in order to transform Xanatos' bodyguard into a winged pantherman mutant. From Sevarius' standpoint, it may as well be part of the job.
>>
This is the same guy who ha his wedding in a giant metallic fursuit
>>
>>88576419
My, what a guy.
>>
>>88571507
Xanatos is pretty affable, Bats would tolerate him as a check on Luthor/Ras. Osborn probably loathes him though.
>>
>>88576480
Osborn loathes everyone.
>>
>>88576419
Would Batman do the same thing?
>>
>>88576765
Batman wouldn't get married.
>>
>>88563719
Even if he doesn't get away with it, his plan takes that into account.
>>
>>88564673
One faggot on other thread admited that he was making all of them because he is desperate for them to make another season, considering that YJ got it.
>>
>>88577022
Yeah, but I'm not that faggot: I just want to bring back the "what was his endgame" meme.
>>
>>88566079
Well that exact thing happened with the cauldron so he was right to be careful.
>>
>>88577253
Yeah, fairies are jerks.
>>
File: 1251731808236.jpg (32KB, 500x454px) Image search: [Google]
1251731808236.jpg
32KB, 500x454px
>>
>>88565727
Scorpius is the opposite: a really nasty guy who is doing everything for the greater good.
>>
>>88564650
This right here. Dude was terrified of dying. That one episode where he and Hudson had a battle of wills might be my favorite. Also, that flippant remark of his about the ancients being literal when they said "standing as long as the mountains" at the end was perfect.
>>
>>88565603

Crap, you just reminded me of a webcomic with a similiar villian. I think it was called Nora or something? Mc had a robot arm, was sort of like an inverted Darth Vader. Bad guy was called Goldilocks iirc.
>>
>>88577022
disappionting, we all went through that phase
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.