[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which one, /co/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

File: laika.jpg (297KB, 1600x1123px) Image search: [Google]
laika.jpg
297KB, 1600x1123px
Which one, /co/?
>>
>>88559408
>Coraline
>Kubo
>Paranorman
>Box Trolls

I'm not gonna lie, I've never seen Paranorman, so this list isn't 100% accurate.
>>
Paranorman, but Kubo comes close.
>>
>>88559477
Coraline>Kubo>Paranorman>Boxtrolls tbqh
>>
>>88559453
Nope, you nailed it.
>>
>>88559408
Coraline > Paranorman > Boxtrolls

First two are great, Boxtrolls is good too. Didn't watch Kubo yet.
>>
>>88559408
Coralina >>>> Kubo > paranorman

Didnt watch the other
>>
Kubo>Paranorman>Caroline>Boxtrolls

I think it's universally agreed that while Boxtrolls isn't bad, its writing is easily the weakest.
>>
http://www.strawpoll.me/11920885/r
>>
>>88559809
The Boxtrolls to the other films is like Partners in Time to the other games in the Mario & Luigi series.
It's a genuinely good and enjoyable game, the other games in the series happen to be better is all.
>>
>>88559408
Coraline = Kubo = Paranorman > Boxtrolls

Never seen Boxtrolls tho
>>
>>88559408
Paranorman = Coraline > Box Trolls

Never seen Kubo.
>>
I haven't seen Paranorman or Box Trolls

But Coralina > Kubo

... Kubo is sorta overrated
>>
Paranorman just for that thicc as fuck sister.
>>
>>88559408
Coraline>Paranorman>Kubo
Haven't seen Boxtrolls
>>
coraline all day erry day

laika should adapt more books, their original stuff is shit
>>
>>88559408
Paranorman is way way way up above the others
>>
>>88561552
fuck off, without the grimdark twist it's got nothing to offer

and don't fucking mention the sister
>>
>>88561552
I think Paranorman had more style points than Coraline, but it's writing and weak climax were pretty shaky in many parts. that and a number of inexcusable plot holes keep at either #3 or 2 in a lot of peoples lists.
>>
>>88561473
Well they're adapting a fantasy book called Wildwood. However, Boxtrolls was an adaptation and it's fair to say it's no one's favorite, while Kubo wasn't and it turned out great.
>>
>>88562469
I heard it barely had anything to do with the book. Inspired by it, sure but that's it.

Coraline is an actual adaptation.
>>
Paranorman>Coraline>Kubo>The Boxtrolls
>>
Coraline > Kubo > Paranorman >>>>> Boxtrolls

No idea why Paranorman is rated so high. It's a pretty good film but it's just not up to par in terms of visuals outside of the finale when compared to Kubo or Coraline. I'd say those three films are still pretty close, but Coraline is the clear winner with its unique aesthetics and story written by Gaiman.
>>
>>88562469
This is what they're adapting? Could be good.
>>
>>88559408
Coraline
a.k.a. the only good one
>>
File: Cool.gif (118KB, 647x330px)
Cool.gif
118KB, 647x330px
Anyone here actually read Coraline and the book that Boxtrolls is based on

Those are some good books
>>
Paranorman because pic related
>>
>>88561552
Nah
>>
So what's the status for those Laika t.v. shows?
Are they still happening?
>>
>>88564180
The Other Mother was pretty stacked too.
>>
>>88559408
Paranorman>>>Kubo>/=Coraline

Didn't see Boxtrolls.
>>
>>88559408
Story? Coraline
Effects? Kubo

But honestly they're all amazing, even boxtrolls.
>>
>>88564442
Yeah but she was also an evil cunt demon and not a busty teen who's super DTF so I don't really know what the hell you're bringing her up for.
>>
>>88559408
My preference would go
Kubo > Paranorman > Coraline
And I loved all three. Haven't seen Boxtrolls.
>>
>>88559408
none of them, aardman is superior
>>
File: ParaNorman-2.jpg (191KB, 1000x562px) Image search: [Google]
ParaNorman-2.jpg
191KB, 1000x562px
ParaNorman > Coraline > Kubo > Boxtrolls

I liked them all for different reasons and would understand any other ranking.

>tfw 2 more years for next Laika film
>>
>>88559408
coraline
>>
>>88561473
their original stuff is great, but i agree
i wish they'd be allowed to adapt the entirety of Sandman
>>
it looks like I'll be the only one to not put this one last

boxtrolls=kubo=coraline=paranorman

fuck choosing, they are all unique, charming and moving. I honestly wanted to put Boxtrolls over the others since I've rewatched it twice. Hadn't seen ParaNorman until tonight and got alittle teary near the end of it, and that's happened to me with every Laika movie.

They are awesome at what they do

>>88567934
>the entirety of Sandman
it would not be finished in my lifetime but that would give me something to continue living for.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.