[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

JUST

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 8

JUST
>>
This is karma for CN cancelling Sym Bionic Titan because there wasn't a toyline. I refuse to buy CN's rainbow colored vomit they call the Powerpuff Girls. When those toy sales fail and Nu PPG is cancelled I will drink the tears of the Cartoon Network execs who thought this would be a good idea.
>>
>>88559602
plus, it will make sure that there will be no other female protagonists ever again
>>
>>88559602
they're still going to call it a new good idea
A) they spin everything so everything they do is right and everything their competition/predecessors did is wrong
B) they only care about the money it made in the first few weeks. it's all about instant gratification with these modern cowardly overregulated businessmen. they can't conceive of the realitty of a future

also
>jazwares
yeah those toys were fucking awful. and I don't recall a PB toy except a tiny one-inch figurine or whatever, which they did of every character
>>
>>88559272
Not a good year for PPG. How many more eps?
>>
Powerpuff Girls Z was an actual good alternate take on the PPG. It's naturally its own thing, it's more like a PPG-flavored Mahou Shojo anime, but it's actually really faithful to the spirit of the original with respect to the characters, as different as a lot of the details are. Definitely worth checking out (subbed, though, for sure).
>>
>>88559272
Does it even get good ratings?
>>
Expect their Lego Dimensions figures to end up in the bargain bin alongside the Fembusters figures.
>>
The plus side is this gave a lot of student animators their first gig.

Explains the obvious mistakes, too.
>>
>>88561360
LEGO said they'll be based more on the classic series, actually.

Whether that extends to voice actors, I dunno.
>>
>>88561208
Please get the fuck back to /a/ with your moe magical girl shit.
>>
>>88561474
Please go back to tumblr with your retarded anime hate boner
>>
>>88561474
PPGZ is cute and funny with engaging character. baka desu senpai
>>
>>88559602
If it was karma, wouldn't op's image be positive then?
>>
>>88561208

>very faithful

No, part of the powderpuff girls charm was how super strong and resistant were, this magical girl ones are weak as fuck in comparison.
>>
>>88562737

Powderpuff

Fucking phones, I hate being wageslave
>>
>>88562767

P O W E R P U F F

>>88562388

Yeah Go back to shitpost on a loud house thread or to sage a ruby gloom thread you weeb.
>>
The Mayor's penis
>>
>>88561360
>Expect their Lego Dimensions figures to end up in the bargain bin
I work at a toy store, on black friday a guy came in and bought ~$18,000 in Lego Dimensions merch.
>>
>>88559602
I am pretty sure that CN cancelling Sym Bionic Titan was actually part of an elaborate tax fraud.
>>
>>88566175
>CN tells creator he can't make the robot clear because it's too expensive to produce clear robot toys
>creator tells them to fuck off, makes the robot clear
>CN doesn't even try to make toys out of spite
>>
>>88566257
How fucking expensive can clear plastic be?
>>
>>88566257
Except the plastic used in lego molds is clear, coloured plastic is added to it
>>
>>88566339
and Legos are expensives
>>
>>88566339
That's the point. CN just had a beef with the creator, they butted heads a lot, but they blamed the clear robot for their decision to nuke it. Because "clear toy robots" were too expensive to make
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (162KB, 1680x1050px)
maxresdefault.jpg
162KB, 1680x1050px
>>88566257
>CN then gives their obvious cash cow remake clear plastic toys

I'm really starting to get sick of CN's shit
>>
>>88559272
So is this considered a Failure?

Most of the internet lost interest and that is worse than anything you can do. When it first launched it had everyone's attention because in got a strong emotion out of people, now several months later no one really gives a shit

Its ratings aren't any better than most of their shows going on right now.

It got panned by most of the known internet

Their toys are selling like shit

How much money did they lose on this?
>>
>>88565899
What if it gets in the way?
>>
>>88567130
They even failed to pander to the social justice botherer crowed.
>>
>>88567129
>Word art toy
WhY????
>>
>>88561151
They signed for 4 seasons but I don't know the details of the contract such as how many episodes per season or how they must air. If it's like how Korra went it could go online exclusively to just dump what's left and move on. That said Bob Boyle doesn't work with CN much so they might just burn bridges and be done with it.
>>
>>88567828
Where did you get 4 seasons? Last I checked PPG only got 2, and it's clear that they're just splitting the first season like they usually do.
>>
>>88559272
i forgot about this entirely
that and i don't have cable, so /co/ is the only place i see it

how long has it been on now? why isn't it dead? they should have realized by now, no one old wants it, no one new cares about it.

contracts to finish out the season probably? i couldn't see it being renewed.
>>
>>88561412
>LEGO said they'll be based more on the classic series, actually.
Sauce?????
>>
>>88559272
The funniest part is how much the viewership plummeted as it went on.
>>
But guyyyyyyyyyys

Don't you see how appealing to girls the newer one is with an important message?

I mean, it's the current year
>>
File: 1439676046661.png (388KB, 800x768px)
1439676046661.png
388KB, 800x768px
>>88559272
>Creator: Craig McCracken
>>
File: nuppg ratings.jpg (61KB, 966x388px)
nuppg ratings.jpg
61KB, 966x388px
JUST
>>
>>88567828
>They signed for 4 seasons
What? The show only confirmed 2 seasons. Show me where you got that they signed on for 4
>>
>>88568398
>why isn't it dead?
I have a feeling that CN just wanted to use the relaunch as training wheels for their newfag production crew. Almost everyone involved on the show are amateurs to the job, and it's evident in the final product.

CN just doesn't care about the quality of the show at all.
>>
>>88559602
>I will drink the tears of the Cartoon Network execs
They're not going to cry anon. They're just going to come to the conclusion that cartoons aimed at girls just don't turn a profit and the original PPG was just a fluke, then remake throw the 2012 Thundercats crew at remaking He-Man.
>>
>>88559602
whoever made this has a power level off the charts
>>
>>88559272
>creator: Craig McCracken
>>
>>88568625
>>88568758
Would you care what your name was on if you could have those two whenever you want? All that matters is that they would be screaming it
>>
>>88566074
Fucking scalpers.
>>
File: 1481693708736.png (436KB, 314x561px)
1481693708736.png
436KB, 314x561px
>>88568906
>those titty monsters
>>
>>88568906
damn, who knew ladies in animation were titty monsters. the other og PPG ladies are foxes too.
>>
>>88566303
>>88566339

The problem isn't the clear plastic per se, but that it would have interior and exterior parts. It doubles the amount of plastics used, doubles the complexity and assembly time, and doubles the shipping cost.

Not that I agree with CN's decision. Symbionic Titan was clearly aiming at an older crowd, so the price ought to have a higher ceiling. But I can understand their reasoning.
>>
>>88570541
It would have been simple to say, "fuck show accurate designs".

Giant robots are great toys, goddamn.
>>
>>88572141

It's a no-win situation. Fans would have complained about inaccurate toys and they would have shelf-warmed.

Besides, it's not CN itself making the toys. They have to attract licensees. Toy manufacturers took a look at the designs and the ratings, and decided to pass.

CN should start their own merchandising arm, but that's a different discussion.
>>
>>88559272
It's not the best show, but I feel like it gets too much flak still.

I could go into detail about my thoughts on this show, but my honest, thought out, critical, unbiased opinion of the show, while still being a massive fan of the original show, can be best summed up by this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUGbih5ciic
>>
>>88570541
I wish Mondo made a Sym Bionic Titan figure.
They made a Marceline figure and a Over The Garden Wall cassette tape. Pricey toys can sell. Their stuff is out of stock quite often.
>>
>>88572841
>Pricey toys can sell.

Absolutely. It's just that these higher-priced collectibles exist in a weird spot where the license would be too expensive for most niche manufacturers, yet not popular enough to guarantee distribution at the major toy store chains.

Something CN could do is to either create an in-house merchandise design shop, or directly hire a studio specializing in such things, and make short-run, mid-to-high range or quirky products to sell directly. This ensures some merchandise will be made, without cannibalizing licensing to traditional lower-end merchandise and toy manufacturers. They would be independent from toy chains, and probably still distribute to specialty and the direct market.
>>
>>88568906
I want to plow Lauren Faust
>>
>>88568713
>then remake throw the 2012 Thundercats crew at remaking He-Man.
I would... be okay with this.
>>
File: 4565467.jpg (9KB, 480x360px)
4565467.jpg
9KB, 480x360px
>tfw wanted the professor and that spider lab assistant to get together because it was cute

>tfw it will never happen now
>>
>>88568625
>>88568758
I feel so sorry for Graig. He doesn't deserve this and now people will associate him to shit he wasn't responsible for.
>>
>>88568906
Craig looks so tired
>>
>>88575715
That's what happens when your wife is baby hungry for years. It takes a toll on a man
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.