[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When did Tony start having a public identity?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: photo_902622_thumb.jpg (50KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
photo_902622_thumb.jpg
50KB, 350x350px
When did Tony start having a public identity?
>>
>>88556297
Civil War I think. I don't remember any big reveal though. I don't think anyone ever cared.
>>
Originally during the Grell run, then he got a secret identity back, then he unmasked officially at the start of 'Civil War'.
>>
File: Stark_Newspaper.png (3MB, 1920x800px) Image search: [Google]
Stark_Newspaper.png
3MB, 1920x800px
>>88556297

December 17, 1991.
>>
>>88556339

I did.

I am starting to feel like the only Iron Fan on /co/.
>>
>>88556297
Civil War. One of the few things from that + movie synergy that makes sense. The whole 'Iron Man is Stark's bodyguard' alibi didn't really achieve anything, it was a secret identity just because it's the done thing - his enemies are still targeting Stark and those he cares about.
>>
>>88556339
the "big reveal" was in frontline
>>
In the comics I think it was around Civil War, maybe before.

At the end of the first movie in the MCU.
>>
>>88560131
>At the end of the first movie in the MCU.

Tony was already practically a celebrity in the MCU well before he became Iron Man. Before his death, any manner of notice/notoriety Tony got was by extension of Howard's fame.
>>
File: tumblr_mxqzujGFqa1rcwa0zo1_250.gif (681KB, 245x200px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mxqzujGFqa1rcwa0zo1_250.gif
681KB, 245x200px
>>
>>88560221
I find it a bit morbid that Tony was so popular before he became Iron Man.
I mean, he just made weapons.
>>
>>88563220
Paris Hilton's dad just owns hotels. Literally the same thing.
>>
616 Tony revealed his identity in the early 2000's during Mike Grell's run.

I liked it more when Tony had a secret identity because it was for the exact opposite reasons that other superheroes had one.
>>
>>88563472
Yeah, and then he made everyone forget about it with some kind of brainwashing laser.
>>
>>88556297
During the 00's. The first time was during Mike Grell's run. Then events that happened during Disassembled forced him to keep his identity a secret again. Then Civil War happened and he revealed his identity to the world. They kept it public since.

I can't remember, did the 2008 movie originally intend to keep his identity a secret and then RDJ improvised the "I am Iron Man" line? Or was the reveal always planned from the start?
>>
>>88563776

I remember that that the Shield people made a coverup story for Tony in which he would explain to the press that Iron Man was his bodyguard (the original backstory) only for Tony to say fuck it at the last moment and say it was him because he's an attention whore.

Basically the intention was to make people believe it was gonna go like the comics then surprise people by instantly jumping to public identity.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.