[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

X-men reading order

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: cyclops was right.jpg (47KB, 630x630px) Image search: [Google]
cyclops was right.jpg
47KB, 630x630px
Hey /co/ I want to start reading the X-Men, and I went to my lcs where there's this guy who works there that's a huge x-men fan. I asked him where to start and said I wanted to get the claremont omnibuses, but he said I should really just go with the major story archs.

He gave me a list that looks like this:

>Giant Size X-men #1
>Rise of the Phoenix
>Proteus Saga
>Dark Phoenix Saga
>Days of Future Past

And if I liked that, just go on with the 80's X-men titles and work my way from there. I want a second opinion from you guys.
>>
>>88553299
Also he mentioned some Avengers, it might've been an annual or a giant size, it introduced Rogue apperently.
>>
You were right the first time, get the Omnis or similar large collections. He probably said to read major stories because he himself doesn't like Claremont's writing but YOU just might.
All depends on how fast you want to catch up with current day I guess.

Here's some good newer (post 2000) runs if you want to save these for later, they kind of function as a trilogy with Wolverine and Phoenix being bonuses featuring some of the same characters and concepts.
>New X-Men by Grant Morrison
>Astonishing X-Men by Joss Whedon
>Phoenix: Warsong and Endsong by Greg Pak
>Wolverine by Jason Aaron (not Wolverine and the X-Men)
>Uncanny X-Force by Rick Remender
>>
>>88553299
In terms of issue numbers it's all pretty simple: Giant Size X-Men and the X-Men #94 and then keep reading for the next few hundred issues.
So really you should just look for omnibusses and collections that cover this.
The Avengers annual that introduces Rogue isn't really important right away since she doesn't join until a while later.
>>
>>88553567
>X-men #94
Sorry, Uncanny X-Men. Not Adjectiveless X-Men.
>>
The Phoenix and Dark Phoenix Saga
Days of Future Past
Brood Saga
New Mutants (Start at the Demon Bear saga at issue 18 if you don't have time to start from the beginning)
Good Loves Man Kills
Wolverine miniseries by Frank Miller/Claremont
Secret Wars/Secret Wars II, not really that big on these but some important things happen to the X-Men in them like the first time Magneto fights alongside them instead of a villain.
X-Factor vol 1
Mutant Massacre
Fall of the Mutants
Wolverine solo series starts
Inferno
Days of Future Present
Xtinction Agenda
Muir Island Saga
X-Cutioner’s Song

This is the most important stuff that will get you through the 80's which is the best era.
>>
>>88553299
>>Proteus Saga
lmao, it's just 3 issues
>>
File: X-Men 2001-2015.jpg (1MB, 7201x1035px) Image search: [Google]
X-Men 2001-2015.jpg
1MB, 7201x1035px
>>88553299
In this order
>Giant Size X-Men #1
>X-Men Vol 1 #94-#166
>New Mutants graphic novel
>New Mutants Vol 1 #1-#3
>Uncanny X-Men Vol 1 #167
And carry on both series' from there.
I'm at UXM 176 and NM 9 myself.
>>
I haven't read X-men comics since the early 90s. I recently picked up and finished Bendis's Uncanny X-men run. I enjoyed it considering I don't really like capeshit, but my favorite character is Gambit and he wasn't in it. Any recent comics with Gambit in it?
>>
>>88553299
ignore any list which doesn't include xfactor vol1
>>
>>88556320
I wasn't big on X-Factor, most because I hate Jean and all her drama with Scott. Archangel was cool though but I liked the supporting characters more then the main 5. The X-Terminators mini during Inferno was pretty fun.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.